Things Remembered Employee Reviews

fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMarch 28, 2017
Best Job I've ever. Great communication between my supervisors and managers. The most enjoyable part is just learning new things throughout the days and meeting new customers.
creatuve and pleasent
Sales Consultant, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2017
TR is a sterling and glass gift engraving company. I loved the creative aspect of helping a customer create the perfect phrase or design for their items and being apart of so many happy times, The store was often VERY busy during holidays and the staff all tried to help one another to get through the long times of customers. It was the only store I was required to work late at...sometimes till 10 or 11pm at night around major holidays like Christmas that I didn't resent the work because everyone helped one another, was friendly and made sure our customers and co workers were happy.
Pros
great staff, nice customers
Cons
lower pay, sometimes long hours
only worked here a short time
Consultant for Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2017
I do not feel my experience at this company qualify me to make a judgment. I had a great experience at the corporate headquarters. I worked at a few stores and always had great encounters.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 21, 2017
I absolutely loved working at this company, even if it was only seasonal, I loved my manager, my job, and my customers. I had a great work life balance, and my manager was very understanding and flexible with me given I was in my third trimester of my pregnancy
Pros
Work/Life balance
Busy but fun
Sales Floor Rep (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 21, 2017
I worked at things Remembered during Christmas season, so it was always extremely busy but it did make your days go by faster. The other staff was wonderful and always gave a helping hand.
Exciting productive work place.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 13, 2017
Working at Things Remembered was a great experience. I learned something new about different products on a daily basis. Working with both the manager and assistant manager regularly was great. they were very understanding patient people. They worked with me and other associates until we were comfortable and understood a majority of what was required everyday. Working with customers everyday and making suggestions and helping with buying decisions made my time there exciting because customers were taking a lot of my advice and suggestions on their purchases. The only thing that was hard for me working there was remembering exactly where to look for an item and remembering what products can have a monogram and which items couldn't.
Pros
Something new being learned daily.
Cons
Trying to remember every procedure that goes with every item.
Easy and fast pace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 12, 2017
I love working for this company. I feel like I have room to grow and that I'm trusted doing my job. Only con I would say is after a while once you were trutsed it becimes solo coverage which can be intimidating
It's questionable
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 11, 2017
Only being at this job as a key holder for a year was challenging. We were always changing management and associates and the customers were very self-entitled. It was frustrating at times but the best part was that you were independent when you were on a shift due to the store being mostly single coverage. I did learn how to manage things on my own even though I didnt get much training I would assume out of desperation for people since the holidays were over and there were much less people. I think the only enjoyable part of the job was some of the employees and being able to handle a whole store by yourself.
Nice job, poor management.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2017
I only worked here a short time and the manager I had was pretty bad. They have since closed down so there isn't much I can say about it other than it was a job in a mall.
Where are the hours?
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD 21401March 8, 2017
I took this job on the promise that I'd be receiving 25-35hrs. By the time I left I was receiving 4 hours a week. It was a fine company from what I hear, but I honestly wasn't given enough hours to know.
Terrible company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateMarch 7, 2017
I was a manager with the company for 4 years. In the begining it was great. Always had a fun time at work. Then things took a turn for the worse. We had a new DM and he was a tirrent. Never congratulated us(management) for doing good. Always pointed out flaws and how "horrible" we were doing as a district. Never came up with a plan with us to improve and always used the famous line"this is good for your career " to get what he wanted. Company is on a spiral down. Last 9 quarters they have decreased sales. And put so much pressure on you to make a dollar that you put pressure on your staff and it doesnt make working fun anymore
Pros
Cons
What i stated above
Loved this job!!!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2017
My manager was great she advanced me to her assistant manager and I hated to quit. I had found a job closer to home and more money which allowed me to spend more time w my child. Benefits were great and engraving was fun.
Retail Environment with low pay
Senior Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2017
This company doesn't really care about employee retention and its management style is atrocious. The small perks (employee discount and health care) are not enough to off set the toxic environment this place creates. Retail work is already a stressful job, but poor management is just the icing on this crud cake.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
horrible management
Things Remembered
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 28, 2017
I loved working at TR. It was a wonderful experience I am proud to say I had. Working the register and doing the engraving were skills I gained. Although I no longer work there the Store Manager and I are good friends. The hardest part of the job was the pressure that was put on employees for perfection. We were selling and making memories for people to give or take home. Perfection was mandatory and it really was hard to handle, as we were a single coverage store so no bathroom or lunch breaks unless someone came in early. My most enjoyable part was cleaning and and helping customers or my Managers in any way I could.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
No breaks
Easy going work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 27, 2017
Things Remembered was a very easy going job it wasn't a busy place to work, it very slow paced. A lot of my time was spent dusting. I learned to approach customers myself and be more interactive with my customers, to help with a sale. My management was very laid back but very overwhelmed with jobs. Most of the time she wasn't organized or prepared for a day at work, making the job a little more difficult. The best part of working at Things Remembered was being able to help the customers with their purchases and leaving them in a good mood after finding their last minute gifts, especially around the Christmas season.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unorganized employer
Friendly people and nice enviorment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAFebruary 26, 2017
I work with great people. My store manager is a great man willing to help all employees with and problems and always there to give more training when needed.
Pros
benefits for full time employees
Cons
working alone most days
Different retail atomosphere
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Maybrook, NYFebruary 26, 2017
It's not just folding or lacing. It's helping customers realize occasions and moments. It's a different kind of connection with customer that is different from anywhere else in retail. You also have to learn the production aspect of the business which not many other retailers have.
Pros
Learn the sales and production aspect of business
Cons
not enough payroll or people hired for the job
Store Manager
Store Manager, Fort Belvoir Exchange (Current Employee) –  Belvoir, VAFebruary 22, 2017
I was hired in as a Manager in Training and after a few months I took over my first store, then I asked to be transferred to another store in the disctrict because no one wanted it. I built that store up in sales and bonuses that it hadn't seen in a long time. I then was offered another store not even 5 minutes from my house, I took it of course. Turned that store around as well. Very fast paced no matter which location you are at. Great compensation and benefits.
Daily Work
Engraving specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 22, 2017
The job is easy, helping customers and engraving items for customers. Management was helpful in training and pay was ok for the job functions.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No enough hours
Customer Service
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Customers came in fast and hungry. Handling the customers and providing excellent customer service. It was always busy and I would handle 3-5 customers a day.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Too Hot in the store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Things Remembered. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval