Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 20, 2017
I gained lot of gratification with assisting customers to find their special gift. I also learned a lot as a store manager. Managing teams and merchandise was very challenging at first but was very rewarding.
memorable and pleasing to the eye
SALE'S ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLFebruary 17, 2017
a typical work day involved hearing peoples dreams and hopes for showing how much they care for the person or people they want to cherish and shower with gifts. having something to remember someone by can always warm a heart. it was a thoughtful place in my opinion. the hardest part again was finding the right item especially if it was out on the floor and had to be searched for in the back room. the best part about it was seeing the faces of those that loved the finishing product of their gift.
great
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALFebruary 11, 2017
Wonderful management and pay. Very fun to be so creative and see customers happy with the final product. Many incentives to push you towards future goals
Okay place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHFebruary 9, 2017
okay place to work for customer service but don't hold your breath for seasonal positions. the pay is good but you will only work for the season. you get to work and have to fight over a desk and fight over a chair. the chairs aren't very good and they hurt your back.
Memory Makers at their best
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 9, 2017
Each day was different, always a new task at hand a fun filled environment. Staffing at times tended to be difficult but it always was managed and fulfilled. The workplace worked as a tight team and strong communication. One of the best companies i have ever worked for. Best part was the closeness of the team and being part of people's lives and helping them create memories that would last them a lifetime made the job much more than a job it became a passion and it was one that I thrived on and inspired me to be a stronger and better manager and memory maker.
Pros
being part of a good strong team
Cons
not many breaks
Things Remembered
Manager in Training (MIT) (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day includes selling to customers, engraving product, and managing your staff. You learn fast how to multitask, and lots of great selling techniques. The workplace is fun, and exciting.
Pay sucks but top retail dog awesome workplace culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Things remembered is an extended family and the other sister stores and our own home base made sure that we all were helping each other out as well as our customers, the pay sucks, however the workplace environment was a positive one from the seasonal sales associates to the higher up managers it was everyones goal to make each other and the customers happy.
Fast Paced Environment That Builds Usable Skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2017
This was my first "real" job and it was great. I had a wonderful manager, who knew the ins and outs of the company. She also cared about my career goals as well as took the time to train me to make me the best associate on the team. I walked away knowing how to engage customers on figuring out what they want to buy as gifts, managing a store and my workload during single/double shifts, and an I became a master engraver. I've taken my customer service skills to each of my jobs and it accelerates me within the company.
Fast paced and team oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I was not only in sales but an engraver as well, it was great personalizing merchandise for clients to turn into forever memories with their loved ones.
Pros
Engraving experience
Cons
No accountability for managers, sales associates were accountable for all aspects of the store
Provide customer service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 6, 2017
Typical day includes: greeted customers, discussed and recommended merchandise, provided advice, answered questions, assisted in display of merchandise, worked cash register
Nice, but could pay better
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Great, job very easy work, but the pay is a bit low for the work load. Other than that, management is great. Its a rewarding job helping others find work
Awful place
Engraver (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Definitely hated working here. Pay was awful and I only got 8 hours a week. I was seasonal but was promised a permanent position and they ended up picking a family member.
Best Job I Ever Had
Engraver/Cashier /Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 31, 2017
I loved this job, from the co-workers and Manager to the clientele. I enjoyed making custom engravings for people who would come in with precious memories. I loved seeing their faces when I would show them the finished product. My Manager and District Manager were both very nice and helpful, felt more like friends than bosses. They ran the company smoothly and enjoyably, It was a very calm and comfortable place to work, even when the holidays hit and I was pulling 12 hour days back to back with piles of inventory to go through and stacks of orders. I would find myself there until 3am at times still engraving and I was not irritated at all. This was a wonderful place to work and I would love to work there again if it paid enough to support my household.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Having to Move and leave it behind.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 27, 2017
Started out as a seasonal engraver and got kept on as a part time sales associate. Holidays get extremely busy, hours get cut after that. the managers i have are great.
Good Experience
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43623January 25, 2017
Having worked for this company for almost 3 years, I feel as though I have learned quite a lot from everyone that I have worked with. My interpersonal and mangement skills improved the most. In my experience the managment along with my fellow coworkers were very helpful and ended up becoming personal friends of mine as well. Overall I have enjoyed working with this company.
Pros
Engraving, Uniqueness from other stores in the mall
Cons
A lot of responsibility is placed on the employee compared to similar jobs
Hope you like working alone.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 24, 2017
The shifts here as an assistant manager or any employee were long and sometimes longer of the next person didn't show up. You are on 1 coverage days. Your alone all 8 to 9 sometimes 12 hour shifts. Not much room for growth and compensation was bad.
Pros
Work on your own amd a nice discount
Cons
No breaks
I loved to ingrave
Sales Representative/Engraver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 18, 2017
I would open the store and make sure that orders from the night before was complted and ready for pickup.I would also order suppies and stock shelvesand make calls to customers.
Fun environment.
El Paso - Sales/Cashier/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I was a key holder in this job. It had many challenges but the managers and my co-workers helped me thru them when I first got there. They also answered all my questions.
Not Too Shabby
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 16, 2017
Can be fun but not worth the stress sometimes. The benefits are not very good.
We pay our seasonal and regular associates pretty well.
Just not worth the time you have to put in sometimes
fast and fun paced work envirorment as well as freindly.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 16, 2017
i had a great experience, and i would do it again and again. i love all the staff members and the way they treat their employees and customers.
Pros
flexable work schedual
Cons
short breaks, fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Things Remembered. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval