THINK Together Employee Reviews

THINK Together
Lead Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJuly 10, 2016
A typical day varies from site to site. The students come into the multi-purpose room, they get a snack, there's some sort of opening activity, program leaders break off into classes, the students do homework for an hour, students get a physical activity/game outside, program leaders give them a lesson, and they go back to the MPR for closing activity/go home. I learned great leadership skills and classroom management while working here. I, also, learned about team building and collaborative projects. Site coordinators and other program leaders are pretty supportive, depending on where you are located. The hardest part of the job can be dealing with a power hungry, micromanaging SC, if you have one and also student behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job is, honestly, the kids!
Pros
Parents and students give gifts, program parties, Fun Fridays, you're out when the kids are out
Cons
Not allowed to sit, Quality Assurance Coaches are not supportive, there's no room for promotion within the company, the pay to hour ratio is not sustainable, RUDE PARENTS, HR & QACs don't take program leaders' concerns/complaints seriously, they will NOT give you a raise if you move up from PL to Lead PL/Site Coordinator interim, only 3 days off a month (even with a doctor's note) or you're fired, they don't train you or allow you to shadow (unless you get a REALLY good SC once put at a site)
Amazing place to work and very learning experience
PROGRAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 14, 2016
Think Together is a great place to work and it has a lot of benefits. The hours are flexible and the SCs are really great. The kids are there to learn and depending on your teaching depends on the kids there.
well organize
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 2, 2016
well organized program for students
expectations and workload is high for a lower salary
did not feel supported or encouraged to advance in company
Pros
well organized
Cons
low salary and sometimes unreasonable expectations
Enjoyable experience, great oportunities to learn and advance
Site Coordinator (West Riverside Elementary) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 16, 2017
It is a great job, if you have passion for working with kids and building relationships then this is the job for you. As a program leader it is a good stepping stone if teaching and or working with children is your interest. As a site coordinator you really get more experience with data and management along with working with children as well.
Beware of minors!
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Jurupa, CADecember 6, 2016
Working this job was, by far, the best thing that happened to me. I loved it. But if you work the summer program and have adult conversations, not the explicit kind, but just generally more grown-up, watch where your volunteers and kids are! I have a loose tongue, so I got a little too comfortable, but all in all, everything else was lovely.

The best part of my job was just the KIDS! I love working with children, and they are just so sweet!

The hardest part of my job was just timing and butting heads with employees, but that's bound to happen. Keep your chin up!

AND IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON ALL WEEK DAYS, YOU WILL STAY A SUBSTITUTE! You start off in an on-call position!
Pros
kids!
Cons
odd hours
enjoyable
older youth leader (Current Employee) –  Riverside County, CAFebruary 12, 2017
Worked at a High school site, other than one Site Facilitators lack of urgency to staff related problems think together as a whole is great. Conduction of management and hierarchy needs work, you as a lower staff have no access to communicate with high level staff if you have a problem at your site.
Fun workplace with a unique opportunity to learn.
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 29, 2016
This is a great place to begin learning the do's and don'ts of teaching, coaching, and interacting with kids. I love the opportunity to have a positive lasting impact on students. The environment is fun and welcoming and the staff is cool all together. I also like that I learn on the job from the lessons taught and from the students as well. It is a relationship where I learn from them and they live from me too.
Its like a jail very bad for kids and very mean supervisors
program leader (Current Employee) –  variousSeptember 4, 2016
The meanest, most obese supervisors are at work here. They stuff students faces with junk food- even if they don't want it. Yes, I was working as program leader here- the meanest nastiest supervisors work here, they insist students work like parrots obeying their every whim and fancy - thus making the students miserable. they give out junk food to sell- very very bad food which children did not even want to eat, the staff would act upset if the students did not buy it.
Pros
none- free day care?
Cons
your children are in jail. no free thinking or moving.
Good
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 1, 2016
If you like working with children or aspire to become a teacher someday this is the job for you and the compensation is very good
Think Together
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 9, 2016
Welcome the kids to program, Give them each a snack,homework time,catch, and closing. I learn to manage all the kids so they won't get too out of control. My co-workers and I work as a team so we can transition if we have to.Hardest part of my job is not being able to find an answer to a question. The most enjoyable part of my work day is being able to know the kids got all the help they need from myself.

Want to know more about THINK Together?

Ask a question
Classroom and Officer manager with busy desk
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 21, 2015
After School program all about the numbers. As a coordinator your shift typically finishes at 6:30pm leaving little time to balance your own activities afterwards. Compensation and Benefits are good for a non-profit organization. Job security and advancement is poor and very much based on how your quality assurance coach (QAC) likes you. For this reason my qualified people have left the company. Management consist of micro managing Site Coordinators and program leaders. Overall this company is a resume builder as many good people have been hired and gone on to successful careers outside this company.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Management and
Pleasant experience as a program leader
Substitute Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 1, 2016
• Preparation of material goods needed to substantiate successful interactions among students.
• Building positive and safe communities for students
• Behavior prevention: setting clear expectations for students through agreements, positive reinforcements, giving redirections to ensure positive behavior, disciplinary conversations.
• Homework support and delivering of enrichment program lessons.
Productive and fundamental engagement with students
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Co-workers worked well with program leaders and often exchanged creative ideas to help make the environment enjoyable for students. Students are taught leadership skills and guide one another in the classroom in order to help them become self-sufficient.
Very productive and a best place for a child to go.
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA , perris CAJanuary 22, 2017
Very helpful for families that need to pick up kids later after school. Help kids with homework, fees students and help with be more active. Has a relationship with all students
Pros
Free services, perfect for Students
Cons
N/A
Great place for kids to be!
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles RegionJune 3, 2015
THINK Together is the best program for youth after school hands down anywhere. The students are safe, involved in activities, homework, academic and enrichment components. Site Coordinators are involved with the school day and staff. The company itself could really benefit from showing more employee appreciation through raises. After working here for many years, I have only ever seen one raise after being praised with an amazing site yearly. I wish there were more opportunities for advancement as well. Each year the duties become more and more heavy, but the appreciation through paychecks lack. Aside from that, amazing program, amazing people to work with.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, good hours, kids are great.
Cons
Salary/Hourly does not rise as inflation goes up everywhere else.
Positive Experience
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Colton, CANovember 4, 2016
Easy going three hour days. Most of my work included tutoring and providing assistance to coordinators from first grade to sixth. Pretty good experience for a high schooler at the time.
Pros
Flexible volunteer hours
Cons
Misbehaved children
fun place
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 15, 2017
you have to be really careful with the children, and have alot of patience because they will test you and will try their best to fight you. you have to have some common knowledge on basic subjects like math and english.
The concept is great but the program seems misleading
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 3, 2016
Focus on your work, not the work of others. Keep in mind that you should be there to help the children! The lesson plans are easy to understand, but some people don't implement them. The activities that we provide are useful but people could do better.
Busy workplace with a lot of responsibilties
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJune 21, 2016
Leading 20-25 students a day through homework, stem, enrichment lessons, and physical education. It is a lot of work and the pay is not enough to get by. The job is rewarding to see your students grow but you deal with negative parents who threaten you and make your job difficult on the daily. The company does not recognize all the hard work Program Leaders do. They also don't have their priorities straight. They need to work on it before they lose more workers. My site coordinator was amazing, she made the job enjoyable and she was a truly awesome person.
Pros
Seeing your students grow and improve in areas where they once struggled.
Cons
Work Overload, Low Pay, Dealing with difficult and obnoxious parents who do not acknowledge their child's behavior.
THINK Together program
Intern (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 31, 2016
I go volunteer at 2 20, sign in and start with grouping the kids up and have them sit down, wait till little event or games are done ad then take them to class. I regularly help them with they're homework and any other questions they have.
Pros
Working as a team to calm all the kids down
Cons
no pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THINK Together. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8