THINK Together

THINK Together Employee Reviews

Classroom and Officer manager with busy desk
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Schedule
Cons: Management and
After School program all about the numbers. As a coordinator your shift typically finishes at 6:30pm leaving little time to balance your own activities afterwards. Compensation and Benefits are good for a non-profit organization. Job security and advancement is poor and very much based on how your quality assurance coach (QAC) likes you. For this reason my qualified people have left the company. Management consist of micro managing Site Coordinators and program leaders. Overall this company is a resume builder as many good people have been hired and gone on to successful careers outside this company.
Fun, challenging, and insightful
Program Leader (Current Employee), El Monte, CAAugust 8, 2015
Working for THINK is a great opportunity. you get to realize how much youre learning yourself and how much youre impacting the students you work with on a daily basis
great place to work
Program Leader (Former Employee), Whittier, CAAugust 4, 2015
it was great company wish they had a place here in Yuma AZ. they helped me get one step closer to my goal of becoming a teacher.
Nice balanced job... not enough hours
Program Leader (Sub) (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, Good idea, good balance
Cons: Not nearly enough hours, pay could be better
I loved the job and the idea of it, but there weren't enough hours for me to be capable of just having this one job and not needing another..
Fun Volunteer Workplace
HALOs Student Leader (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free snack, free activities
Cons: Not enough people being focused
This is where I volunteered through out my third year of high school and will continue to in my last year. The work place was casual and productive. It was always easy to get along with my peers while still being able to get work done.
Very fun scheduled Environment.
Program Leader (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Kids always ended the day with a smile on their faces.
Cons: Hours varied due the school schedule.
Greeting children was always the best, but working with them and helping them with tasks they had been challenged with was always the fun part. Also teaching them and cleaning the area was also fun.
Okay job
Lead Program Leader (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: get to help students
Cons: no raises
This is an entry level job. I enjoyed working here but it has little hours and low pay. You must be very patient to work with kids. there is also no room for advancement.
It's a good "starting job"
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Making a difference in the lives of children
Cons: Too little pay for what they expect you to do
They take a lot of time in training their employees and they are fair as long as you do your job. You have to be able to work well with others and many different types of personalities. The perks are that you are making a difference in the lives of children but it is a non-profit so there are no real job perks such as break room snacks or company sponsored lunches (except maybe yearly). Also, the pay for the work you put in and what management expects from you is definitely not close to what it should be.
Great Experience
Program Leader (Current Employee), Orange County, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Building students/teacher relationships
Cons: Some children understand you are not credentialed staff and choose to be disrespectful towards you
A typical day at work involves supervising children, whatever grade level you choose, and nagging at them all throughout homework time to complete their assigned homework. You do, however, learn a great deal on communicating and speaking. You go home everyday knowing you showed a child you care, by nagging them to complete their work and sometimes helping them understand concepts and such; it is an extremely rewarding experience. Perfect for those wanting to become teachers!
Great work environment
Youth Leader (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 3, 2015
Supervisor was great and it was enjoyable to tutor the high school students. We had weekly meetings where everybody laid their experiences out on the table which helped further bond us as a team.
Great place for kids to be!
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles RegionJune 3, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule, good hours, kids are great.
Cons: Salary/Hourly does not rise as inflation goes up everywhere else.
THINK Together is the best program for youth after school hands down anywhere. The students are safe, involved in activities, homework, academic and enrichment components. Site Coordinators are involved with the school day and staff. The company itself could really benefit from showing more employee appreciation through raises. After working here for many years, I have only ever seen one raise after being praised with an amazing site yearly. I wish there were more opportunities for advancement as well. Each year the duties become more and more heavy, but the appreciation through paychecks lack. Aside from that, amazing program, amazing people to work with.
Awesome job! Not so awesome pay.
Program Leader (Current Employee), San BernardinoMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, great experience
Cons: low pay
I currently work for THINK Together and have been for almost 3 years. I can honestly say this is an amazing job! Your experience will vary depending on the site you end up at but luckily I was hired on with an amazing site coordinator and cooperative co-workers. The structure that THINK Together follows is like no other and is 100% effective. Unfortunately it doesn't pay much. I only make $11 an hour and as good as that might sound, I cannot work more than 3.9 hours a day. I only make about $350 net pay, bi-weekly and money becomes a hassle during the holiday vacations such as winter break and spring break. Not to mention the 2 months without work during summer if you're not lucky enough to get hired on for their Summer Program. If you're just looking to make money, this is not the job for you. If you're passionate about working with children and looking for the right experience I recommend applying ASAP!
We do not get paid enough for so much emotional distress.
Program Leader (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Kids, Flexible Hours, Learning
Cons: No Breaks, Compensation, Parents, Lack of Support, Stressful
The best part was working with kids, it definitely gives you insight on what you're gonna be dealing with if you want to become a teacher. Working at Think Together keeps you on your feet when it comes to language arts and math.

The worst part was dealing with parents who do not want to hear any feedback that relates to their child misbehaving. There are parents that will not like you because you complain about their child on a regular basis to them. However, that would not be the case if that child was behaving appropriate in the first place. There are parents that use this program as an after school daycare. The reason I say this is because they will allow their child to continue to act the way they act without taking any steps to making their behavior better, and if the parent aint on board, then the child aint on board. Thus, making it harder on the Program Leader to take up the task of attempting to change that child's behavior on their own. In a sense some kids are just there, because they have to be, not because they want to be.

This job does not pay Program Leaders enough for the amount of emotional distress we have to deal with on a daily basis with both parents and children. As PLs we have had our fair share of uncomfortable situations either with a parent yelling at us or a child yelling at us. I've seen each PL at my site lose their cool at least once, either in tears in the privacy of closed classroom doors or in walking away in anger.

Also, there is a lack of support from our Supervisor, leaving Program Leaders with the task of dealing with angry parents, – more... school administrators, event planning, and uncontrollable kids alone. I've had to use my own money to plan some of my activities with my kids, but I do not get paid enough to be doing that all the time. We haven't done anything exciting for them the whole year, and if you want to keep children involved you have to entice them with surprises once in a while. I wouldn't want to be in this program if I was a child, there's nothing to look forward to.

A tip to management, audits should be unannounced every month, not two times a school year. It'll work in your favor for the sake of this company. – less
Productive place for Mentoring
Youth Academic Assistant (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Mentoring and teaching the youth in my community
Cons: Short days
I enjoyed mentoring the students, testing their reading and writing skills and abilities.

Everyday was a new day for improvement and it was different resolution to every problem. Dealing with different issues among each student helped me build rapport with many of them.

The staff I worked with was very efficient in working as a team and working to solve issues immediately.
Fun place to be
Basketball Referee (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMay 4, 2015
A day at work was great, was able to ref and help the kids at all times. I learned to have patience all parents aren't to joyful as others .management an co-workers were all great people to be around. Hardest thing about the job I say is the parents, they can give you a hard time while reffing, but Patience will get you through. I enjoyed the kids the most, they were so fun to be around, they made me wanna go to work.
Fun workplace
Program Leader (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: underpaid
The day would consist of homework time and then a ten minute activity. We would then go outside for a team challenge that would consist of about 50 middle school students playing in teams. After would consist of a 15 minute snack time.Then the students would go to their clubs which can either be sports, arts and crafts, and other activities,
Enjoyable and Fun
Program Leader (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 26, 2015
I was able to work with kids and had my own class and set of students. I had to maintain line of sight, time management . I helped with homework and other extra curriculate activities
After School
Program Leader (Current Employee), west covina californiaApril 15, 2015
The program is a great thing to help our youth get on the right track of life. I have learned patience but to beacon a leader. The hardest part if the day is going home.
Productive and fun place to work!
Program Leader (Current Employee), Baldwin Park, CaliforniaApril 7, 2015
A typical day involves overlooking 25 children while providing academic and emotional support. The purpose is to instill confidence to children in underrepresented communities. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students!
N;A
Program Leader (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 2, 2015
I enjoyed working with the children however management was not always the best. I feel as though their were times of misunderstandings. However, overall great after-school program
Headquarters