THINK Together Employee Reviews

Great job, but hard work.
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 20, 2016
Although it's hard to get the kids to focus on an extra 3 hours of school, it's a great time. Remember, you are a teacher and not a friend, but if you have the ability to blend safety and fun it will be a great time.
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 9, 2016
Welcome the kids to program, Give them each a snack,homework time,catch, and closing. I learn to manage all the kids so they won't get too out of control. My co-workers and I work as a team so we can transition if we have to.Hardest part of my job is not being able to find an answer to a question. The most enjoyable part of my work day is being able to know the kids got all the help they need from myself.
Beware of minors!
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Jurupa, CADecember 6, 2016
Working this job was, by far, the best thing that happened to me. I loved it. But if you work the summer program and have adult conversations, not the explicit kind, but just generally more grown-up, watch where your volunteers and kids are! I have a loose tongue, so I got a little too comfortable, but all in all, everything else was lovely.

The best part of my job was just the KIDS! I love working with children, and they are just so sweet!

The hardest part of my job was just timing and butting heads with employees, but that's bound to happen. Keep your chin up!

AND IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON ALL WEEK DAYS, YOU WILL STAY A SUBSTITUTE! You start off in an on-call position!
Pros
kids!
Cons
odd hours
Fun workplace with a unique opportunity to learn.
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 29, 2016
This is a great place to begin learning the do's and don'ts of teaching, coaching, and interacting with kids. I love the opportunity to have a positive lasting impact on students. The environment is fun and welcoming and the staff is cool all together. I also like that I learn on the job from the lessons taught and from the students as well. It is a relationship where I learn from them and they live from me too.
after school program
Program Leader, Greater (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 26, 2016
This company is great! They have lots of great things for the kids. this company it very organized with there lesson plans and help future teachers learn about a school environment.
Good!
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 15, 2016
Helps you grow as a teacher and a person. If you are wondering if you should become and educator this is the job for you because it exposes you to work in many environments.
Exit Clerk
Attendance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 11, 2016
Releasing children to their parents from an after school program
Supervisor and co-workers are great to work with
Hardest part of the position is only working for two hours
Most enjoyable part of my position is working with children
Positive Experience
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Colton, CANovember 4, 2016
Easy going three hour days. Most of my work included tutoring and providing assistance to coordinators from first grade to sixth. Pretty good experience for a high schooler at the time.
Pros
Flexible volunteer hours
Cons
Misbehaved children
The concept is great but the program seems misleading
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 3, 2016
Focus on your work, not the work of others. Keep in mind that you should be there to help the children! The lesson plans are easy to understand, but some people don't implement them. The activities that we provide are useful but people could do better.
THINK Together program
Intern (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 31, 2016
I go volunteer at 2 20, sign in and start with grouping the kids up and have them sit down, wait till little event or games are done ad then take them to class. I regularly help them with they're homework and any other questions they have.
Pros
Working as a team to calm all the kids down
Cons
no pay
it was great
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 17, 2016
A typical day includes lesson plans and organizing and scheduling time appropriately so I stay on track, I've learned the better I manage time the students benefit from it a lot more.
Pros
fun
Cons
no break
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAOctober 9, 2016
Think Together was a great job experience for me. I really gained the confidence to become a better educator and how to deal with colleagues, parents, and students from different walks of life.
Pros
No work on weekends.
Cons
Not enough pay.
Pleasant experience as a program leader
Substitute Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 1, 2016
• Preparation of material goods needed to substantiate successful interactions among students.
• Building positive and safe communities for students
• Behavior prevention: setting clear expectations for students through agreements, positive reinforcements, giving redirections to ensure positive behavior, disciplinary conversations.
• Homework support and delivering of enrichment program lessons.
very fun place to work for
Academic Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CASeptember 20, 2016
the school i was placed at is very small but the kids are full of energy and great. the first day was very scary and i could of used more training for the position.
Its like a jail very bad for kids and very mean supervisors
program leader (Current Employee) –  variousSeptember 4, 2016
The meanest, most obese supervisors are at work here. They stuff students faces with junk food- even if they don't want it. Yes, I was working as program leader here- the meanest nastiest supervisors work here, they insist students work like parrots obeying their every whim and fancy - thus making the students miserable. they give out junk food to sell- very very bad food which children did not even want to eat, the staff would act upset if the students did not buy it.
Pros
none- free day care?
Cons
your children are in jail. no free thinking or moving.
a learning experience
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed working with the children however, The program has a lot to improve on! i felt certain actions were made just to make sure we get funding from companies but what was being presented and what was actually happening were two different stories!
Productive and never a dull moment
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 30, 2016
Working at think together taught me how to have much patients when it comes to children. MY supervisor was an AMAZING supervisor. She was very understanding when it came to things. My entire site employees all created a bond that we all enjoyed to even hang out after work.
Pros
End of the year events, holiday events, great group of people
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 18, 2016
It was ok working for them. The best part was working with the kids. Having great co-workers. The company in the end didnt work out for me because of the hours.
My experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 13, 2016
I had a great experience volunteering with think together l learned about how to deal with school age children. the hardest part of the was working with some of the children
Pros
the learning experience
Cons
the stress
Very productive
Duties of a Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA 92553July 28, 2016
Fun but challenging times dealing with elementary students. PL's do not get paid enough for all of the HARD and dedicated work put in. Co-worker and student bonding is what I enjoyed the MOST!
Pros
Teaching younger students and mentoring them Mon-Fri
Cons
misbehaved students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THINK Together. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9