THINK Together

THINK Together Employee Reviews

THINK Together is a Low-Key Trainwreck
Substitute Program Leader (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 13, 2015
The first time I worked for THINK Together as a Sub PL, I was canned but never issued any warnings. I had been attempting to transfer and was thinking I would have my requests honored but was terminated when I was supposed to have a meeting to transfer. Today, I had an interview for the Site Coordinator position and my takeaway from that is that THINK Together's internal structure needs work. There is no reason a GM should be conducting interviews. They need to fix things there and train their people on how to interview. There is no reason an interviewer should be questioning your qualifications when your resume firmly establishes that you are qualified for the position. I suffered disappointment with my experience with THINK Together and think their organization is bound to collapse.
Nice!
Volunteer (Former Employee), La PuenteFebruary 11, 2015
It was fun to work with children and getting a feel to take on a time in front of a large group of kids. Gives a chance to see how it is to teach in a class.
Fun environment
Intern (Former Employee), Colton, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Working with children and encouranging them to learn in different ways
Site Coordinator
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), West Covina, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: affect change in the community
Cons: low pay for the amount of work that is expected for a site coordinator
Responsible for all aspects of after school program- providing curriculum to 4 program leaders, clerical filing, administrative responsibilities, safety and supervision of 80-100 students, event planning for 100-200 people, healthy living lessons/ activities for students and parents, administer staff reviews, accountable for and establishing a site budget, create staff schedules and managing staff hours.
Great After School Program
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: helping others
Cons: unknow schedule
Attend meetings prior to attending the site you will be assisting.

Successfully organize activities giving the children an opportunity to organize and them.

Management successfully assisted with any on site and off site preparations.

The hardest part of the job was that schedule was sometimes not set on time so expect getting a phone call in the AM to attend a meeting the next day to learn new activities.

Most enjoyable thing is when the children show their gratitude.
Easy going and creative workplace environment
Older Youth Leader (Current Employee), Romoland, CAJanuary 16, 2015
- I am learning a lot about myself and about the younger generation.
- I spend 3 hours mon-fri with the students and help encourage them to learn new things and have fun
- I love my co-workers we each bring a new dynamic to the facility
Tutor
Program Leader (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 2, 2015
The pay is absolutely horrible. The work is terrible. and Vicki has the worst attitude in the world. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Not pleased with this company or the enviorment
Productive and fun place to work with children.
Program Leader at Trace Elementary (Current Employee), san joseDecember 15, 2014
With Think Together you have the opportunity to work with kids which always keeps you on your toes. I can honestly say I learn something new everyday working with THINK Together. Our goal is to Teach, Help, Nurture and Inspire our kids every day by following our agreements of being safe, respectful, responsible and have fun. Hardest part of the job is when you feel like you're failing to get through to your group of kids at the beginning, however, it does get easier and it really is rewarding.
fun place to gain work experience!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rialto, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: fun!
Cons: part time
The kids were much at times, but I was always supported by a great staff! I never dreaded going to work. It is the perfect job for college students.
Communication with parents
Program Leader, Ontario, CA (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 5, 2014
The children were hard to work with most of the times. I would communicate any problems that a student had to the parents on a day to day basis.
Great Place, Unstable
Grant Administrator (Current Employee), Santa AnaOctober 27, 2014
I love working at THINK Together. The people are fantastic and the work is interesting and challenging. Unfortunately, there are regular lay-offs as the organization finds its identity. It's a fairly new organization that grew quickly and systems for the growth were not in place. As a result, a slight change in the market has serious adverse affects.
Great Environment if you love working with kids
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
I would greatly recommend working for Think Together. I think the leadership styles of each given QAC can be hit/miss....but generally they are attentive to the site coordinators needs.
A great workplace with great co-workers
Program Leader (Former Employee), SacramentoOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great students, co-workers, excellent structure
Cons: lack of benefits, minimal advancement opportunity
A typical day at work involved brainstorming and prepping a day's work with a class full of students. We were on our own for classroom management and responsible for our student's safety and structure.

I learned a lot at my job but the lessons that meant the most to me were better group management and learning to mix events that make them fun while meeting the goals set out by our staff.

The hardest part was also the most enjoyable part of the job: the students. While it might be hard to handle students, mine were first graders, it is also hard to handle them when they are upset or sad. I greatly enjoyed being with my students, learning and enjoying our activities with them.

Another enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers. We came from different walks of life and from different parts of California, but we were a great team. Our brainstorming sessions were always productive and we spent time during summer school and off the clock to get to know each other even better.
If you like to work with kids
Program Leader (Current Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 14, 2014
This job is perfect for those who are aspiring teachers or who like working with kids. Especially if you are currently in school or have another job, the work schedule is only a few hours and many locations to work at. Every co-worker I’ve encountered is really passionate about their job so it is a great environment to work in. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging. The only thing is most program leaders will start off as a substitute, which can be quite challenging because you have to adjust to certain schools way of doing the THINK program,since every site is different. They do however have the basic required elements. And also attempting to get to know 20-25 new students every time can be a bit overwhelming.
was always entertained
program leader (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: lenient with schedules
Cons: no breaks
I had my own class of 23 students that i tutored and played out activities for them. I always looked forward to going to work. The coworkers in general were great and helpful.
Tutor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: helping kids understand concepts
Cons: when the school year ended, so did the tutoring
Tutored elementary school students after school. Worked with groups ranging from 2 students to 5 students, second grade through fifth grade. Helped the students with Math and Language Arts. Loved working with the kids and seeing them improve in those areas.
Focused and direct work environment, with exciting interaction with kids
Program Leader (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 29, 2014
A day at think together begins with opening activity:Leaders and Children connect for a fun activity and snack- all accomplished in a organized environment.

Following opening activity, we lead children to classrooms to carry out homework, and Life skill lesson during this time, leaders act a a facilitator, teacher and coach to kids.

Finally leaders direct children outside for interactive sport or physical activity promoting teamwork, and sportsmanship. during the conclusion of these events parents pick up students and leaders depart.
A great place to work as a student
Program Leader (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 3, 2014
The hours worked great for my busy schedule as a student. It was awesome that my coworkers and clientele were so diverse.
Fun workplace
Program Leader (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fun experience
Cons: no benefits
Fun experience with the students. Management was productive and helpful
Positive and encouraging working environment
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 19, 2014
Worked as a private tutor for disadvantaged elementary school students
Focused on students’ reading and comprehension skills
Administered tests to assess students’ progress and abilities
Monitored students, assist their learning
Gave individualized attention to students based on their needs

About THINK Together

THINK Together officially incorporated as a 501 ©3 public benefit organization in 1997 in order to replicate and scale a – Read more

THINK Together Salaries