THINK Together

THINK Together Employer Reviews

A an after school place for kids
Lead Program Leader (Former Employee), Colton, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: great staff appreciation
Cons: short breaks, low pay
What I enjoyed most about this job was the fact that we created most if not all of our lesson plans. It gave me a chance to be creative and come up with new and engaging ways to teach students
Program Leader (Current Employee), Colton, CAApril 29, 2014
What I learned at my current job is how to assist children who have problems on a regular daily basis.
Site Coordinator
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), SoCal CAApril 28, 2014
Horrible company to work for. Applied for a Program Leader position and was offered an interview for a Site Assistant position, then offered an interview for a Site Coordinator position at a new site. I was hired. I was told by my QAC AND Regional Director to expect 125-150 students in the first few weeks of school and then advance it to meet our goal – more... of 375 within the second month. My first day at the school, in my office was two days before school started. Nothing, I mean nothing, was started or completed in regards to prepping for this site. I wasnt even fully staffed. Class rosters weren't started. There was nothing entered into any database/computer system. And there was no waiting list. Because the upper management thought the numbers would be low, there was no need to start one. Well, by the first day of school, there were over 500 applications turned in, without a waitlist. By the end of the first week, there were 475 students enrolled. Because nothing was finished in regards to planning for this site, who got blamed? Me. I met with my QAC once, and had no "training" whatsoever. They had the IT guy come input all the students because there "wasn't time to train me". Needless to say, this catastrophe was blamed on me and I didnt last 2 weeks before they let me go because "it was too big for my experience level and they wanted to bring in someone from within to run the site".
It was BS. Then my unemployment was denied because they told the unemployment office I quit instead of taking a demotion to Sub PL.
If you want to work here, know going in to it that youll work 10-14 hours daily and they wont give you the right training to succeed if youre new to the company. And theyll blame you for managments short comings. – less
Positive Environment for children
Lead Program Leader (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2014
A typical day at work entitles helping students make better and positive decisions. I learn to have lots of patience with the little ones. My coworkers are very helpful. We are a team. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that the students had a good day.
Fun Place to Work
Academic Tutor (Former Employee), Colton, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: being part of a learning experience
Cons: conflicted with my class schedule
I really enjoyed this job because of the way that I got to see the expressions on the kids faces when they learned something new. The staff was very encouraging to the students.
Tutorial Services
Program Leader (Former Employee), Colton, CAMarch 13, 2014
Think Helping Inspiring and Nuturing Kids
Think Helping Inspiring and Nuturing Kids
Internally rewarding job, but with no advancement opportunities.
Program Leader (Current Employee), Azusa, CAMarch 4, 2014
Think Together is a good company with motive to help underprivileged children. However, working with this company gives you no option to advance. There are no pay raises at all. Moving up to the next position is limited and does not come easy.
Working with children is a big benefit to the job, but without the correct guidance and support it can be very – more... difficult.
It is a great place to work if you are in school and need some extra cash, but if you are looking to make a lot of money, this is not the place. Pay is usually around $750 per month. Also, there is no pay during summer or any vacations the school has. – less
Not a good company to work for.
Lead Program Leader, Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: fulfilling work done.
Cons: mistreatment, humiliation, no reward
THINK Together has a great premise for a good quality work environment, but fail to treat employees with the respect they deserve. Employees are often put down and mistreated. It is a difficult work environment to be in. I would not recommend anyone working for this company.
Enriching children's lives through learning and communicating
Program Leader (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJanuary 28, 2014
This job is ideal for college kids or anyone who enjoys working with children. You become very close with your co-workers since you set up and break down together every night.

You must be very good with adhering to the rules given to you by Think Together and the rules you give to your kids. Structure is key with this job.

The hardest part of this – more... job is when the kids are about to go on vacation or particularly rowdy. You need to know how to handle the room. You also must get to know your kids and their personalities and learn what they need from you and report back to parents. – less
THE MOST HONEST REVIEW HERE
Program Leader (Former Employee), PerrisJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, pay, everything
Typical Day at work: unstructured, you sort of babysit the kids with a loose set of activities that are both lacking in enrichment, education, or physical activity, and you wait for their parents to pick them up. The kids are loud, the program is awfully put together, and the kids generally do not want to be there.

Management: Hire you on the spot, – more... pathetic excuse for training, emphasize the most absurd forms of intervention and talking to students, impose ridiculous academic standards FAR too low for these students.

Co-workers: worked with recent college grads or part-time older women. All cool, but the ones without degrees are often really, really lacking in mental fortitude to deal with these students.

Hardest part: GOING to it.

Enjoyable: co-workers.

***If you are a recent college grad in a field that there is actual employment in, do NOT waste your time with the pittance of $11/hour they give you here to be a PT-PL. It's not worth your time or patience. Makes you feel dull, redundant, and question your decisions.

This program has no business existing anywhere. – less
Amazing Job
Program Leader (Current Employee), Covina, CAJanuary 16, 2014
THINK Together has taught me a great deal of responsibility, it has great values and the kids learn in a great environment.
Think Together
Program Leader (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 7, 2014
I typical day starts with preparing material for lessons, then go work with students. During the afternoon, I would help students with homework, teach a lesson on either math or language arts. I had two Site Coordinators during the school year. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the students on schedule and behavior issues with some students. – more... The other employee at the site were easy and helpful to work with throughout the year. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students and the challenges of coordinating all activities. – less
Fun activities enable us to have fun teaching and interacting with our students
Program Leader (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: working with the kids, interatcing with them and parents/teachers/staff, awesome learning experience
Cons: no breaks, since it's after school you don't get very many hours but every minute is very enjoyable
I've enjoyed working for this company and have absolutely LOVED working with the kids. They are extremely structured and organized.
Need for effectiveness
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 19, 2013
Cons: mid-management not qualified for higher positions
-In order to run a good program, I had to work 12-15 per days and sometimes weekend events
-I learned a lot from the students and school staff
-Management not experienced enough to manage and train other staff
-Management and staff was not compliant in THINK Together dress codes, i.e. tattoos visible on exposed body part, clothes, etc.
-Management played – more... favorites amongst their subordinates
-Co-workers not experienced enough to handle every day situations
-Discrimination showed against staff over 50+
-Higher-up executives not aware of everything going on at the individual school sites
-The hardest part of the job was having supervisors who didn't effectively manage the team members
-Not having enough "positive" ways of effect job coaching
-Always quick to blame their staff for events that occurred rather than finding out the truth behind situations that happen
-The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how the kids enjoyed learning fun, exciting enrichment
-Teaching students how to practice random acts of kindness toward others – less
awesome part time job to work with children
Program Leader (Current Employee), lynwood, californiaDecember 11, 2013
this is a great job to work part time while being in college.
the program has a lot of structure
the program is run differently in each school
co workers are awesome and are mostly college educated
its a job for people who enjoy working with children
Stressful
Program Leader (Former Employee), Whittier, CADecember 6, 2013
Pros: the hours
Cons: the pay
The students love you as their program leader. Make sure to do all your work ahead of time and turn it on time to your site coordinate. Talk to parents in order to have them on your side about your students if they ever give you problems
Fun workplace, comfortable environment
Program Leader (Current Employee), Ontario, CADecember 3, 2013
It takes a long time to advance within the organization, even if you are ready. Opportunities to grow within the organization are not present.
n/a
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Riverside, CADecember 2, 2013
Pros: the youth you provide services for
Cons: non -supportive
I decline. I do not recommend this company on the basis of stability or management support.
Driven and motivated environment
Program Leader/Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 14, 2013
I really enjoyed the atmosphere in this work environment. I loved going to work everyday knowing that I could make a difference in children's lives.
Listed Below
Internship (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CANovember 7, 2013
Organized an afterschool program for kids at a local elementary school, which included
assisting them with their schoolwork and playtime. All students mentored achieved a 75% passing grade, for that school years history.

About THINK Together

THINK Together officially incorporated as a 501 ©3 public benefit organization in 1997 in order to replicate and scale a – Read more