Third Party Validation and Verification LLC (TPVV) is a Denver, Colorado-based, start-up company that utilizes cutting-edge analytical chemistry equipment to produce unavailable information about consumer products. Starting with alcoholic beverages, its member LLC, BeverageGrades will test the top selling wines, beers and spirits for health and nutrition information such as calories, sugar, sodium, pesticides, herbicides, antioxidants, heavy metals (e.g. lead and arsenic), etc. This information will be provided to the lay public via the internet on their computers, tablets and smart phones.
TTPV is actively seeking a qualified laboratory technician (chemist) to join our company. This position will report to the Executive Director of Laboratory Services. Being a start-up company in a completely revolutionary space, you will also work with the executive team to help develop new products.
The position is for immediate hire, and all interested qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following functions:
- Efficiently operate an Inductively-Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer (ICP-MS) machine to determine trace metals in different matrices,
- Efficiently operate a Gas Chromatograph (GC) machine to separate different chemical compounds such as sulfur dioxide (SO2), ethanol, etc.,
- Interpret the data generated and properly store and maintain it,
- Assist in the development of new methods using various analytical chemistry equipment, specifically for the ICP-MS and GC, as required,
- Perform routine laboratory work including sample preparation, minor equipment maintenance and similar activities,
- Interpret chromatograms, properly store data and prepare and present reports from product testing,
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Laboratory Director and or other senior corporate officers.
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry is required, and a master’s degree will be considered.
- At least two years in a laboratory setting doing work related ICP-MS and GC,
- A thorough understanding of the principles and practical operations of ICP-MS and GC equipment,
- The applicant must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office,
- Must be able to work independently perform his/her duties in an accurate and timely manner,
- Must be able to interact with others within a small company in a respectful and harmonious manner at all times,
- Preference will be given to those who possess a solid background in analytical chemistry.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer.