Thirty-One Gifts Employee Reviews

Tblerable depending on what you want
Inventory Control Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2015
Thirty One is currently undergoing major changes in culture and management. All product distribution was formerly outsourced to a onsite third party vendor and they decided to retake that function. Management in the distribution department is raw, inexperienced and territorial i.e. they are trying hard but don't know what they are doing yet (looking to make a big splash).
They are very good about providing employee "gifts" i.e. free product for meeting production goals, recognizing birthdays and anniversaries, etc. except the product they give away is stuff that would have been destroyed as damaged.
The salary compensation is on par with the average for the Columbus area for similar jobs however the healthcare coverage SUCKS. For example top end medical you have an office visit copay to see your primary care physician then the balance after insurance discount goes toward your major medical deductible. Weekly premiums are high. Bottom line you better not get sick or have to cover a family or you will be working just for insurance.
Pros
Front line employees are friendly and consider themselves a family
Cons
1/2 point occurence if you are 1 minute late -- max points prior to termination is 8, Benefits, Although listed as fulltime potential exist not to ge all of scheduled hours due to customer demand, happens frequently during non holiday
my thoughts
Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2013
What I learned from Thirty-one Gifts is it is not what you know but whom in the circle you know.

What I have learned from Thirty-one Gifts is your values may be different than the values you thought you identified with. Hidden agendas are prevalent yet not disclosed publicly; too many secrets.

What I have learned from Thirty-one Gifts is that there is a work-life balance, just make sure you understand what a work life balance is when working here

What I have learned from Thirty-one gifts is if you stand up for what you believe is wrong in the work place you may put a target on your back for telling the truth. What are you willing to lose to sleep at night will be up to you.

Finally, despite the top 4, I have met some extraordinary people there and miss them dearly. There are some who come to Thirty-one for the right reasons but get stuck in the crossfire of politics, religion and general work environment. Decide for yourself, but pray about it and be able to accept everything glimmer, gold and green is not always what it seems to be. Don't go because of a referral of a friend or relative. Do your own analysis, take your own notes and decide if this place is for you.

Do I regret it, NEVER, do I wish I listened to my first instincts? yes
Pros
jeans and fun activities
Cons
work harder not smarter, too many meetings nothing gets accomplished timely, decisions made to prematurely without proper studies
Good place to work for a second income.
Trainer/Monogrammer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 29, 2016
It was a nice place to work. We had a certain amount to get done, but we were also allowed to move about to go to the restroom get water.
Management was alright, there were to many of them. They had no idea what running 8 embroidery machines was really like.
Co-workers were easy to get along with for the most part. We had our own work area so we weren't on top of one another.
Hardest part was keeping the machines going and putting up with thread or needles breaking.
Thirty one did make it fun with birthday and anniversary celebrations each month. As well as many other incentives like gift cards and free product when goals were met. Holidays celebrated with dinners, gifts.
They were flexible with time off or vacations, as one built PTO time you could use that time when you wanted.
Pros
Clean place to work, flexible with PTO, paid every week.
Cons
not always full or part time hours each week
Direct-sell company
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX and now Portland, ORJuly 5, 2013
I joined Thirty-One Gifts as a way to make extra income aside from a full-time job. Currently this is my only job. I have learned more about myself and my limits - I have realized that I am the only one who can hold myself back or make myself very successful. Thirty-One Gifts' mission is to Celebrate, Encourage and Reward women. My Director exemplifies all of that, and more! The hardest part of the job has been here in Portland trying to get a new client-base, while still maintaining the client-base I have back in Texas. The most enjoyable part is attending the meetings and setting, then reaching, goals I've set for myself.
Pros
increased self-confidence, free rewards
Cons
if you don't try at it, you won't succeed. you make your own leads, so there's no time to slack off. this isn't a con for me, but it would be a con for some.
A Company that Cares
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 30, 2013
I am self-employed through 31 Gifts so do not have a direct boss or supervisor. However, I have had a great experience working as an Independent Sales Consultant for this company! They call to congratulate me whenever I have a party with $1000 in sales and are an overall positive, encouraging company to be a part of with excellent values. My responsibilities include Assisting customers to purchase purses, tote bags, organizational items, etc and to handle customer returns and suggestive sell. I have a team of women under me that love this company as well! Purses are one of my favorite things so I love to be able to get them at a great discount and try them out. Rarely do I get an irate customer, but when I do I know that Thirty-One is here to help me make it right for them. Most customer attitudes are directly related to how well I am serving them so I don't have this problem often!
A great place to feel supported
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2012
I have never really been a huge fan of direct selling company but after deciding to sign up on a whim due to my love of their products, I have never once regretted it. The commission plan is based off of generations rather than levels which gives you the opportunity to make a larger commission off of your team that you have developed. The incentives they offer their consultants to continue to succeed are amazing and the Home Office staff is always there to help you with any issue that may arise. They are not only good to their consultants but they are also good to their customers which makes my job that much easier and rewarding.
Pros
great incentives, great pay, lots of support, great work/life balance
Cons
you only do as well based on how much time you put into it
Thirty-One Gifts is absolutely the best company I have ever worked for!
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 3, 2014
I worked in Thirty-One Gifts, LLC Corporate Call Center. I started as an entry level Customer Support Representative. I was promoted twice to positions in the Career and Guidelines Support department, and later to a position as a Senior Customer Service Representative in the Consultant Support Center. I was given the authority to handle complex and delicate issues, for over 120,000 Independent Thirty-One Consultants across the United Sates and Canada. Assisted Thirty-One Consultants with running all aspects of their business including order entry, product returns, order modifications, password resets/reactivations, and payment issues.

I left this position to relocate to the St. Louis area to be closer to my family.
Pros
the company culture of valuing their employees, independent consultants, and their customers was second to none in customer satisfaction
Cons
i would have liked an hour lunch, that's about it!
Amazing direct sales company!!
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 12, 2015
You work your business as much or as little as you choose.

Biggest learning is to think and act out side the box to meet new people.

CEO is great and truly cares for her consultants!

My co-workers are who I choose to add to my team and who my up line adds to theirs. All the ladies I have met have been amazing.

Hardest part is to find time from my full time job to work this job. Would like to take it from a hobby to a part time job the eventually full time job.

Most enjoyable part is celebrating all the wonder women involved in some way with Thirty-One whether a hostess, customer, team member or home office associate.
Pros
Amazing support team, great belief
Cons
Self starter and commission based
Enjoyed my job there.
Supervisor- Deb Carter (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 31, 2013
Start at 7:am, became trainer, until I became lead person then
5:30 am 6 days a week. getting machines ready before the shift began.
I was taught to run 2 different machines, 8 needle, and 16 needle.
The bosses over me were great to work for. My supervisor taught me well, every department how it ran, I then was able to function in ever department.
I loved training new and older employees,
I worked well with all my co-workers.
The hardest part about my job, was going home.
Most enjoyable, was the satisfaction of teaching what I was taught..
Pros
was able to move up in the company in a very short time.
Cons
they moved there company.
A very encouraging, rewarding and advancing company.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ALApril 13, 2015
This company is a family biblical based company that rewards, encourages and celebrates each and every employee that is hired with them. It is set up to work with each woman on her own time and what level of advancement she chooses to obtain. Thirty-One is a wonderful blessing to be a part of. I absolutely love working here.
A typical day at work is a party...literally!!! I work with some of the worlds best ladies. They are there to help each other every step of the way to succeed. The hardest part of my job is deciding which product to carry each day. The most enjoyable part of my job is ...well everything!!!
Pros
Meeting new people, flexible hours
Cons

Want to know more about Thirty-One Gifts?

Ask a question
Terrible Company
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, OhioJune 17, 2014
I worked at the 31 Gifts in Johnstown until recently as an inspector and that is the worst company to work for. The bosses only care about themselves. They will yell and scream at you until you're in tears. I had FMLA and had to leave early one day due to something that pertained to my FMLA and they told me to take a point or I would be fired. They would not let me use the FMLA that I was approved for. Your hours are never guaranteed. You could work 40 hours one week and maybe 10 the next. The management there weed the people out that they don't like even if they are a good worker. I could go on and on but I will stop here.
Cons
everything
Wonderful faith based company. Relaxed environment.
Consultant Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2013
A typical day in my department consists of answering phone calls of Independent Business Consultants that may have questions or concerns about current products. I have learned that a relaxed environment can work in a corporate setting. The hardest part of the job are the changes that occur frequently, but it's still not too difficult to adapt. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to build sincere relationships with the consultants that I talk to.
Pros
open door policy. birthday and anniversary celebrations.
Cons
very short breaks for hourly employees (2 ten min breaks and one 30 min lunch)
A Great company
Wave Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, OHDecember 18, 2012
A great company but,
The lower level management is not to be trusted.
You will be required to make the impossible happen day to day, with little to no help.
If you don't fit in with the mangements views i.e. political, morals, ect . you will have a very hard time here.
Rewards are un-herd of.
The lower level management is not very miatary friendly.. If you are in the NG or the AR. they with Bi*** grip and moan that you have to leave. And once you return they will treat you like you abandoned your job.

My advise is to stay away from this company. unless you can lower your life standerds and blend in with them.
Fun environment with lots of help from Management
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 1, 2012
I just started with this company but it is very interesting. It is direct sales which I love. I'm meeting lots of new people, booking parties and helping guests find pieces they love and that make them feel special! The hardest part is booking parties as a new consultant, however, I love networking so this will get easier in time. Although we are independent consultants we also work as a team to help our Director meet her goals as well.
Pros
free, discounted merchandise, meeting lots of new people
Cons
no health care
Great Opportunity to Have Self-Business
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJuly 18, 2012
Typical day at work requires constant contact utiilizing all forms of communiciation (e-mail, phone, Internet, social media, etc.) with current clients to promote products and produce sales, in additiont to building a team of consultants. These same skills are used to promote company to new clients.

The postion is self managed, you are the boss and you work on your schedule and to me, this is the most enjoyable part of the job. The company does have resources avaialble to promote success.
Thirty-One Gifts
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Where ever I am requiredApril 11, 2013
I absolutely love this company because you make the job fit your lifestyle. I have made this job a hobby. I love being around friends and family and having the opportunity to meet new people. This job blends all that into one. I get to go into people's homes, visit, sell my product and see how much their faces light up when they absolutely LOVE what they received.
Pros
the schedule, the work load is what you make it
Cons
benefits, demand in certain areas
Thirty-One Gifts
Consultant/Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Thirty-One Gifts is an amazing company to work with. They allow us to set our own schedules and center our lives around our families. The management is outstanding and always looking for ways to encourage, celebrate and reward their employees.

The most difficult part of this job has been the economy. People have pulled back from spending and finding new networks of people to tap into has been challenging at best.
Pros
independence and freedom
ok if you do not need a full time position
Monogram/Direct Sales Company (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, OHOctober 26, 2012
work flow is very inconsistant, hours will vary from 20 to 50.
poor management
co workers are ok
a typical day is standing for 2 hours with out work and then rushing to meet an unrealistic goal for the day.
quality of product is over priced goods from china
Pros
very little at this company
Cons
burn up any pto time do to lack of work
Prodcutive, Fun Place to Work
Consultant Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2014
This is a very friendly place to work. I learned that passion can be seen in call center environments. Management is supportive and knowledgeable. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest pat of the job was not being able to help every customer sometimes. The most enjoyable part was resolving issues for our consultants.
Pros
flexible work environment.
Cons
not enough full time oppotunities.
Structured environment with lots of potential growth areas
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2013
This was my first job outside of college so I was able to enhance my work ethic, communication skills, leadership skills, and many other attributes which will benefit me for the future. I was able to soak in knowledge from colleagues which I use now and will use moving forward.
Pros
great room for growth
Cons
lots of hours and not a lot of communication about when work would be scheduled

4.4