Thirty-One Gifts Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, but unorganized
Operations Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2016
I worked for Thirty-One for six years. There I printed two times. I enjoyed the job very much but the company was very unorganized and had too many managers.
Great culture, friendly co-workers
Product Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2016
A good place to work with the ability to make the process/job your own. Receptive to new ideas and friendly home office. The CEO is very dedicated to her business and staff.
Thirty-One Gifts corporate office started oout in Johnstown, Ohio as a great place to work where individuals were treated with respect
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2016
When Thirty-One Gifts started out in Johnstown, individuals were treated with respect and allowed to be individuals. Upper management led with great values and treated others as an important part of the team. Supervisors were give the power and encouraged to build strong teams by following the values of respect, authenticity, loyalty, and individuality. As the company grew and hired more employees, additional members were added to upper management. Directors were hired from other industries and were given the freedom to ignore individuals needs and happiness.

The original CFO and President left the corporation and numbers became more important that individuals. It was no longer fun to work at Thirty-One and much animosity was developed.
Pros
Fun, comfortable surrondings in the early years.
Cons
Change in upper management and values; no longer survived for the employees, and consultants, but more $$ and numbers.
Excellent Opp to work from home
Ind. Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 5, 2016
Amazing company,
amazing, product,
amazing support.

Unlimited income potential
Fun and exciting
Organized and the company listens to its field.
Pros
Unlimited income
Cons
Work all the time
Wonderful place to work
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jordan, MNNovember 8, 2016
Thirty-One is a wonderful company to be apart of. A typical day is contacting prospective hostesses to get a party on the calendar. The support one gets from the up-line is amazing! The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and sharing my "Why" and my love for Thirty-One.
Fun enviroment
Consultant Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2016
Vey laid back company, fun environment. Always thinking of ways to build upon working environment. Perks are good, like discounts. Managers and people are professional.
Fun, Faithbased environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, OHSeptember 20, 2016
I worked in the warehouse and supervised about 30 plus employees with responsibilities in picking and packing.

I learned how to manage through adversity and develop leaders

The hardest part of the job was helping my direct reports manage through change

The most enjoyable part of my job achieving top numbers and helping my team become successful
Good side job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 12, 2016
Hard to make income unless you are constantly having parties and pushing people to buy. I felt like I was having to beg people to look at the catalog or website monthly.
very nice place.
Consultant Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2016
Very nice and energetic workplace. They care about you as a employee. They will make sure you perform like you are suppose to.
Pros
team building time
Cons
expensive health insurance.
Enjoyable
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Price, UTJuly 18, 2016
It can be difficult to make decent money in a small town. It is all on your own time and good for supplemental income. It taught me how to talk to people from a sales standpoint. I also was able to get bags at a discounted price to be able to show the items off.
Pros
You are you own boss
Cons
most parties are at night or on weekend

Want to know more about Thirty-One Gifts?

Ask a question
Great work from home oppurtunity
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 28, 2016
I learned better organizational skills. How to step outside of my comfort zone to reach a larger target group. The trainings were very motivational and helpful. Large family like feel. Some areas have more consultants than others and can make it challenging to keep a thriving business. Upline is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Amazing upline
Cons
lots of consultants in area.
self employment
Direct sales (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYJune 24, 2016
very helpful home office.
my directors are very helpful and the web site is easy to follow.
the products I sell are well made and change all the time. they supply us with alot of products
Great Company
Owner/Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg PAMay 5, 2016
They really take care of their consultants! They are always celebrating and coming out with new products for customers. Best company Ive ever worked for.
Pros
Free stuff and discounts
Cons
pay
Great Company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2016
Perfect Job for a stay at home mom or someone looking to make some extra cash, Great group of woman to work and train with. Everyone helps everyone out.
Fun but professional enviroment with a lot of different cultures and views
Consultant Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 20, 2016
I worked on the phone with two computer monitors. The days flew by because of how much work I had to accomplish before the work day was over.
Pros
We were served free coffe :)
Cons
The bathrooms were about 4 mins from where I sat.
Fun to work at, great opportunity for flexible work
Independent Senior Director (Current Employee) –  your cityFebruary 17, 2016
If you are a self-starter, you will have a great time selling bags to friends, family, and others. Work when you want to, get discounts on bags, and help other ladies start their own businesses.
Wonderful work environment
Merchandise Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 11, 2016
Thirty-One Gifts was a place of employment that I enjoyed going to every day. The people I worked with were absolutely wonderful and the atmosphere was incredible. I will miss being there.
Pros
Great environment, wonderful people, you could take your dog to work
Cons
The only con I can think of is that sales were down which created the layoffs.
Good but sateration of consultants to customer base is to high.
Consultant, Current (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIFebruary 6, 2016
It is very good job but it part time and commission only. It not a job you can live solely off doing. The saturation of consultants to customers is simply to high in this area.
Good place to work for a second income.
Trainer/Monogrammer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 29, 2016
It was a nice place to work. We had a certain amount to get done, but we were also allowed to move about to go to the restroom get water.
Management was alright, there were to many of them. They had no idea what running 8 embroidery machines was really like.
Co-workers were easy to get along with for the most part. We had our own work area so we weren't on top of one another.
Hardest part was keeping the machines going and putting up with thread or needles breaking.
Thirty one did make it fun with birthday and anniversary celebrations each month. As well as many other incentives like gift cards and free product when goals were met. Holidays celebrated with dinners, gifts.
They were flexible with time off or vacations, as one built PTO time you could use that time when you wanted.
Pros
Clean place to work, flexible with PTO, paid every week.
Cons
not always full or part time hours each week
Able to work when I want to for extra income
Independent Consultant/ Owner (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 6, 2016
I started with Thirty-One just for fun and to meet new people. It is a wonderful company that allows me to provide extras for my family; like Boy Scouts, Football, and additional fun for my family.