Thirty-One Gifts

Thirty-One Gifts Employer Reviews

A Company that Cares
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, INSeptember 30, 2013
I am self-employed through 31 Gifts so do not have a direct boss or supervisor. However, I have had a great experience working as an Independent Sales Consultant for this company! They call to congratulate me whenever I have a party with $1000 in sales and are an overall positive, encouraging company to be a part of with excellent values. My responsibilities – more... include Assisting customers to purchase purses, tote bags, organizational items, etc and to handle customer returns and suggestive sell. I have a team of women under me that love this company as well! Purses are one of my favorite things so I love to be able to get them at a great discount and try them out. Rarely do I get an irate customer, but when I do I know that Thirty-One is here to help me make it right for them. Most customer attitudes are directly related to how well I am serving them so I don't have this problem often! – less
fun work place
Outbound (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunch and celebrates birthdays
I learned alot from this company, i learned how to scan products and misplace missing products using the computer. The hardest part of the job is when it's busy. the most enjoyable part about this job is every morning you walk in to work, we all gather to stretch and a little exercise to warm us up. the management is great and they are able to help – more... you. – less
Structured environment with lots of potential growth areas
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: great room for growth
Cons: lots of hours and not a lot of communication about when work would be scheduled
This was my first job outside of college so I was able to enhance my work ethic, communication skills, leadership skills, and many other attributes which will benefit me for the future. I was able to soak in knowledge from colleagues which I use now and will use moving forward.
my thoughts
Management (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2013
Pros: jeans and fun activities
Cons: work harder not smarter, too many meetings nothing gets accomplished timely, decisions made to prematurely without proper studies
What I learned from Thirty-one Gifts is it is not what you know but whom in the circle you know.

What I have learned from Thirty-one Gifts is your values may be different than the values you thought you identified with. Hidden agendas are prevalent yet not disclosed publicly; too many secrets.

What I have learned from Thirty-one Gifts is that there – more... is a work-life balance, just make sure you understand what a work life balance is when working here

What I have learned from Thirty-one gifts is if you stand up for what you believe is wrong in the work place you may put a target on your back for telling the truth. What are you willing to lose to sleep at night will be up to you.

Finally, despite the top 4, I have met some extraordinary people there and miss them dearly. There are some who come to Thirty-one for the right reasons but get stuck in the crossfire of politics, religion and general work environment. Decide for yourself, but pray about it and be able to accept everything glimmer, gold and green is not always what it seems to be. Don't go because of a referral of a friend or relative. Do your own analysis, take your own notes and decide if this place is for you.

Do I regret it, NEVER, do I wish I listened to my first instincts? yes – less
Wonderful work-life balance.
Independent Sr. Consultant (Current Employee), Midland, MIAugust 21, 2013
thirty-one is a wonderful way to discover yourself. The core values provides opportunities to encourage, celebrate and reward woman for their hard work as mothers, sisters, co-workers, wives and friends.
Fun company to work for
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Watertown, WIJuly 29, 2013
Thirty-one Gifts gives you all the tools you need to be successful in this business. They encourage their consultants to keep their priorities in order, while still encouraging a strong work ethic.
Growing, great work life balance, low pressure environment
Inventory Planner (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2013
Typical retail evironment, spend most of the day reveiw sales figures monitoring inventory levels and creating buy strategy for scheduled OTB. Co-workers are friendly, but instability of direct sell business causes moderate turnover rate.
Fun and upbeat work environment
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Johnstown, OhioJuly 16, 2013
31 Gifts is an awesome place to work and has great people working there. It isn't like a typical job because it is fun. The supervisor is worked for was the best one in the building.
Direct-sell company
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TX and now Portland, ORJuly 5, 2013
Pros: increased self-confidence, free rewards
Cons: if you don't try at it, you won't succeed. you make your own leads, so there's no time to slack off. this isn't a con for me, but it would be a con for some.
I joined Thirty-One Gifts as a way to make extra income aside from a full-time job. Currently this is my only job. I have learned more about myself and my limits - I have realized that I am the only one who can hold myself back or make myself very successful. Thirty-One Gifts' mission is to Celebrate, Encourage and Reward women. My Director exemplifies – more... all of that, and more! The hardest part of the job has been here in Portland trying to get a new client-base, while still maintaining the client-base I have back in Texas. The most enjoyable part is attending the meetings and setting, then reaching, goals I've set for myself. – less
Keeps you busy if you do it right!
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Clinton, IAJune 4, 2013
Loved my team and miss the place every day, no beneficial benefits... Sandwich, IL
In-Home based bussiness
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Maysville, GaMay 13, 2013
Pros: work from home, set own hours
I absolutely love being able to work at my own pace, and having fun with other ladies who are encouraging and goal oriented.
Work from home
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 13, 2013
Pros: working from home
Cons: no benefits
Working for Thirty-One Gifts is perfect for the stay at home mom, or on the side business seeker. I have learned how to maintain and budget my business and its required attention. The hardest part of my job is to reach customers whom don't already have a consultant. I love my job because I can party and get paid!
Thirty-One Gifts
Consultant (Current Employee), Where ever I am requiredApril 11, 2013
Pros: the schedule, the work load is what you make it
Cons: benefits, demand in certain areas
I absolutely love this company because you make the job fit your lifestyle. I have made this job a hobby. I love being around friends and family and having the opportunity to meet new people. This job blends all that into one. I get to go into people's homes, visit, sell my product and see how much their faces light up when they absolutely LOVE what – more... they received. – less
Great Company
Runner (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work is helping everyone get their station set up for work. Planing the work load for the day. I learned how to make sure everyone is on task and to motivate co-wodrkers to achieve the business goal. management is very helpful. Co-workers are nice and love to get to know you and spend time outside of work.
Fun work place
Project Consultant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2013
Consultant at DC put/pack area
Fun when working on each step
Help working staff
Wonderful faith based company. Relaxed environment.
Consultant Support Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: open door policy. birthday and anniversary celebrations.
Cons: very short breaks for hourly employees (2 ten min breaks and one 30 min lunch)
A typical day in my department consists of answering phone calls of Independent Business Consultants that may have questions or concerns about current products. I have learned that a relaxed environment can work in a corporate setting. The hardest part of the job are the changes that occur frequently, but it's still not too difficult to adapt. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is the ability to build sincere relationships with the consultants that I talk to. – less
Wonderful place o work
Monogrammer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: the best health care benefits
Cons: none i can think of.
One of the best places i have ever worked. Awesome management. this company will go above and beyond for their employees. They pay very well and you and a huge opportunity to advance in the company.
Productive work place with ping pong tables
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2012
Typical days at work where very easy. All the work was understanding.While working there overall i've learned that handbags can mean alot to people. The management was utstanding. My co workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was to accidently miss removing the inside layer of paper. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting – more... to see all the different customized handbags. – less
A Great company
Wave Clerk. (Former Employee), Johnstown, OHDecember 18, 2012
A great company but,
The lower level management is not to be trusted.
You will be required to make the impossible happen day to day, with little to no help.
If you don't fit in with the mangements views i.e. political, morals, ect . you will have a very hard time here.
Rewards are un-herd of.
The lower level management is not very miatary friendly.. – more... If you are in the NG or the AR. they with Bi*** grip and moan that you have to leave. And once you return they will treat you like you abandoned your job.

My advise is to stay away from this company. unless you can lower your life standerds and blend in with them. – less
Great work environment
Staffing Specialist - Seasonal (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2012
Great place to work - excellent co-workers. Great atmospher and caring environment.

Lot of great things to come.