Thirty-One Gifts Employee Reviews in United States

Thirty One Gifts is One-derful
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Thirty One Gifts is an amazing company to work for. The mission every day is to celebrate, empower, and reward our customers and Hostesses. As a Consultant, I feel appreciated and rewarded for all of the work I put into my business.
Thirty-One Gifts
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Where ever I am requiredApril 11, 2013
I absolutely love this company because you make the job fit your lifestyle. I have made this job a hobby. I love being around friends and family and having the opportunity to meet new people. This job blends all that into one. I get to go into people's homes, visit, sell my product and see how much their faces light up when they absolutely LOVE what they received.
Pros
the schedule, the work load is what you make it
Cons
benefits, demand in certain areas
Structured environment with lots of potential growth areas
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2013
This was my first job outside of college so I was able to enhance my work ethic, communication skills, leadership skills, and many other attributes which will benefit me for the future. I was able to soak in knowledge from colleagues which I use now and will use moving forward.
Pros
great room for growth
Cons
lots of hours and not a lot of communication about when work would be scheduled
Productive work place with ping pong tables
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2012
Typical days at work where very easy. All the work was understanding.While working there overall i've learned that handbags can mean alot to people. The management was utstanding. My co workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was to accidently miss removing the inside layer of paper. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see all the different customized handbags.
Professional Co workers with improvements everyday
Student Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 29, 2014
• Maintained safe and clean work environment in the warehouse by keeping shelves and pallet area tidy and neat to comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Ensured the constant cleanliness of the kitchen in order for the other workers to work without any hindrance
• Made schedules for the following events and assisted cooks with food prep as needed
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIMarch 17, 2015
I enjoyed working there with the management I worked with. I was able to see new people and learn new things. My job was different every day and I enjoyed that.
Pros
Great management staff
Cons
A great place to feel supported
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2012
I have never really been a huge fan of direct selling company but after deciding to sign up on a whim due to my love of their products, I have never once regretted it. The commission plan is based off of generations rather than levels which gives you the opportunity to make a larger commission off of your team that you have developed. The incentives they offer their consultants to continue to succeed are amazing and the Home Office staff is always there to help you with any issue that may arise. They are not only good to their consultants but they are also good to their customers which makes my job that much easier and rewarding.
Pros
great incentives, great pay, lots of support, great work/life balance
Cons
you only do as well based on how much time you put into it
I very upbeat job with a lot of fun and exciting experiences with new customers. In home parties with gifts, games, and ladies fellowship.
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOFebruary 10, 2014
I've enjoyed everything about this job except the overwhelming competition within my hometown area, this is a very popular company and there are a lot of Consultants near my home.
Pros
work from home
Cons
competition in the area with multiple consultants
Productive work place with ping pong table
Consultant Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Has some good hard working employees. Has an inspiring company motto. I've learned some patience from working in this position.
Pros
birthday cake every month
Cons
working on your days off
Direct-sell company
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX and now Portland, ORJuly 5, 2013
I joined Thirty-One Gifts as a way to make extra income aside from a full-time job. Currently this is my only job. I have learned more about myself and my limits - I have realized that I am the only one who can hold myself back or make myself very successful. Thirty-One Gifts' mission is to Celebrate, Encourage and Reward women. My Director exemplifies all of that, and more! The hardest part of the job has been here in Portland trying to get a new client-base, while still maintaining the client-base I have back in Texas. The most enjoyable part is attending the meetings and setting, then reaching, goals I've set for myself.
Pros
increased self-confidence, free rewards
Cons
if you don't try at it, you won't succeed. you make your own leads, so there's no time to slack off. this isn't a con for me, but it would be a con for some.
fun work place
Outbound (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2013
I learned alot from this company, i learned how to scan products and misplace missing products using the computer. The hardest part of the job is when it's busy. the most enjoyable part about this job is every morning you walk in to work, we all gather to stretch and a little exercise to warm us up. the management is great and they are able to help you.
Pros
free lunch and celebrates birthdays
ok if you do not need a full time position
Monogram/Direct Sales Company (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, OHOctober 26, 2012
work flow is very inconsistant, hours will vary from 20 to 50.
poor management
co workers are ok
a typical day is standing for 2 hours with out work and then rushing to meet an unrealistic goal for the day.
quality of product is over priced goods from china
Pros
very little at this company
Cons
burn up any pto time do to lack of work
Work from home
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 13, 2013
Working for Thirty-One Gifts is perfect for the stay at home mom, or on the side business seeker. I have learned how to maintain and budget my business and its required attention. The hardest part of my job is to reach customers whom don't already have a consultant. I love my job because I can party and get paid!
Pros
working from home
Cons
no benefits
Workplace and space was accommodating
Consultant Support Representative, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 26, 2014
Work starts out logging in into the computer and check email for updates on products and news on Salesforce.

Take incoming calls from Consultants, provide support of their business by updating their orders, back office, and administrative support.
Pros
flexible part-time schedule
A great environment for creativity
Director / Producer / Editor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 12, 2015
Provided a lot of room for creatives to get real industry experience, work with other creative people related to your field, and explore their ideas.
A positve environment that celebrates, encourages, and rewards its employees.
Consultant Support Representative (Current Employee) –  EastonFebruary 3, 2014
My time at Thirty-One has been truly amazing. I have learned so much about myself through the relationships I've built with my co-workers. Thirty-One Gifts provides a fun loving family like atmosphere that never ceases to exceed my expectation.
Nicely decorated lounge with vendors and glass roof
Internal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 12, 2012
Co-workers friendly and willing to help.
We come on-site to record and measure each part of kitting process and form the original process map and analyze the value added processes.
We then improve the layout of work place and SOP of the process, to achieve a much higher efficiency.
Good Environment
Print/Laser Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 2, 2012
They are a faith based company and truly act on it. People are treated with dignity and respect. Like any job, you do have to stay on task and be focused.
Pros
discounted merchandise and lots of encouraging participation for gifts
Cons
no different than any other factory. dealing with an occasional disgruntled worker
Nice clean work enviorment, good people , the company treated employees good
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Some of the management people could have better people skills.
Pros
the owners and head people from corporate were good to employees
Cons
some people in management could use better people skills and better communication.
A Company that Cares
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 30, 2013
I am self-employed through 31 Gifts so do not have a direct boss or supervisor. However, I have had a great experience working as an Independent Sales Consultant for this company! They call to congratulate me whenever I have a party with $1000 in sales and are an overall positive, encouraging company to be a part of with excellent values. My responsibilities include Assisting customers to purchase purses, tote bags, organizational items, etc and to handle customer returns and suggestive sell. I have a team of women under me that love this company as well! Purses are one of my favorite things so I love to be able to get them at a great discount and try them out. Rarely do I get an irate customer, but when I do I know that Thirty-One is here to help me make it right for them. Most customer attitudes are directly related to how well I am serving them so I don't have this problem often!

4.4