Thirty One Gifts

Thirty One Gifts Employer Reviews

Great Company and Products
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Torrance, CA (My Home Office)January 29, 2015
This is a direct sales company so my job is what I put into it. The great thing is the company produces amazing products I can be proud of each client getting. They also are very helpful in helping me grow in the company.
How I Feel
Monogrammer (Former Employee), Johnstown, OHDecember 19, 2014
This Job As Well I Was One Of The Best Employees Feel Free To Call And Ask :) I'm Very Good At What I Do. Not Easy Being Me !!! :)

I'm Very Well Skilled And Proud Of It Call It Cocky Call It Very Conceeded But I Call It Knowing What Needs To Be Done Setting My Mind To It And Accomplishing it.
Amazing Culture
Director, Regional Sales (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: frequent reorganization
Rewarded daily.
Family atmosphere.
Lots of fun.
Always feels like a team.
Thirty One is a Great Company to Work For, But you Must Be A Natural Leader
Director (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: advancement is extremely fast, can be done at home, lot's of incentives and support
Cons: work/home life is very tough to balance
I loved working for Thirty One. They treat their consultants VERY well with lot's of incentives. It's hard to separate work from home life though since this is a direct sales company, and all work is done from home. People who are natural-born leaders will REALLY thrive in this business.
I loved helping people find the organizational tools they needed, and having girl time at parties.
The hardest part, for me, was balancing my role as a new leader for my growing team, and managing sales part of the business at the same time.
Worker
Consultant Support Rep (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 6, 2014
Inbound Calls from Consultants. Tracking their orders and processing returns
they were okay
Monogrammer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 29, 2014
ware house job not soo okay in the summer. I would consider it to be a winter job or something part time.
Productive, busy and friendly environment.
Shift Supervisor - Quality/Operations (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 11, 2014
Pros: company employee sales, bonus, give- away, mini massages, fitness lessons, free lunches, breakfast, birthday celebrations, gifts, cakes
Cons: not recession proof job.
Typical day of work is always busy working on the floor, supervising quality auditors and helping other associates with related quality issues of the products. I've learned a lot about the products, how they are manufactured, produced and sent to customers. Management is fully engaged with the associates and always around for operational start ups and meetings. My co-workers are always pleasant and we had helped each other all the time to produce good quality products in timely manner for the customers. I enjoyed working for Thirty One gifts because the environment is diversified and I've learned a lot working with different cultures. I like the products and learning and seeing new things especially when new catalog changes for new product line.
Clueless employer, poor management
CSR (Former Employee), ColumbusMay 9, 2014
Pros: some nice people
Cons: poor management
I worked there for 3 years. I started when it was still in Johnstown.
I worked a lot for this company, doing as much overtime as possible to help out.
But then I got frustrated always having to say "I'm sorry to the consultants" That's all you got done all of the time is apologizing for mistakes the company makes. The problem is.............they keep making them.
Outlets are a sale from h..l. I understand the first couples sales were a learning process but then you think they would get it figured out.
Then, they lay off people, to immediately start hiring new ones.
You are expected to just smile and help "HER"
It was just very frustrating as I said.
I was SO TIRED OF SAYING IM SORRY TO THE SALES FIELD>
If you want to work where you are not appreciated and always have to apologize on the phone instead of helping "HER" this is the job for you.
IF not, run!
Worst place ever!
Personalization Operator (Current Employee), Springfield, OHApril 10, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: everything.
I have worked in the operations department at Thirty-One Gifts for about 2 years now at the Springfield facility when they first began hiring.
IT'S A HORRIBLE JOB.
You have to stand on your feet on concrete for a solid 10 hours (if you're full time), even with the padded mats we get to stand on it is still painful, especially if you have bad knees or back. After a while you will get used to it though.
The working environment itself is not the greatest. If it's hot, they'll turn on the big overhead fans, but then everything is getting blown around. And there's something about the environment here that makes my face super oily, not sure what it is.
You get hired on in the factory/warehouse as a personalization operator (monogrammer) or a merchandise processor (inspector) but they always move you around to do different jobs. If there's no work to be done on the 31 side, they'll send you back to Exel - the shipping/receiving company) and put you wherever they need you. Sometimes that can mean you're building or breaking down boxes, lifting heavy things, or just putting a pack together.
The management team doesn't have a clue about anything. They're extremely disorganized and petty. A few of them have been known to be short-tempered.. leading to breaking things or making coworkers cry. Some are not understanding whatsoever. "Oh, you have a severe health problem? Don't care, be at work or it'll count against your attendance." They LOVE to play the blame game. And they get paid salary so they don't care if we don't get a full 40 hour work week. There are a few people in the management – more... team that are genuinely good people and know what they're doing, but most of those people transferred to another facility.
Another thing is the schedule.. I like the 4 10's idea, but a lot of times you either don't get enough hours or you get too many. The work flow is very poor and sales are not consistent which causes us to be out of work from time to time. Or when the sales have picked up then we'd get mandatory overtime, which interferes with our personal lives. Our pay is hourly, and our Paid Time Off (PTO) is accumulated over time: if we work more hours, we get more PTO.
Rumors spread through that place like crazy too, and HR doesn't do anything about it.
And they don't hire from within. If they have a supervisor position available, they'll hire someone new instead of a qualified individual already on the team.
All in all, it's a horrible place to work. Think about it - THEY SELL BAGS - how long can a business like that go on? Eventually, people are going to stop wanting these cheap bags, especially since they're so expensive.
Only good thing about that place is I made friends with a few of the coworkers. – less
Inexperienced leaders, no career development
Sales (Current Employee), OhioMarch 24, 2014
Anytime there would be a closed door meeting, employees would get nervous. Three layoffs in two years. The company paints a pretty picture but it's different when you get inside.
Great buisness to work for!!
Consultant (Current Employee), North Charleston SCFebruary 10, 2014
The greatest thing about working with Thirty One is is that I can work on my time, my schedule, and its fun! I'm having fun which means I am working so much harder!!
A typical day at work for Thirty One. Talking to great women all day, planning events with them, and getting together to host parties with them!
I am on my own time and don't answer to anyone. I work around my own schedule.
Ability to work on my own time
Independent Senior Director (Current Employee), Anderson, INAugust 22, 2013
I love the ability to have a second "job" that is on my own terms and works with my families schedule. It has helped me to grow as an individual as well as be able to provide more for my family. I have meet many women during my journey with Thirty One and have built friendships that I would not have with out it. I love working with other women to help them achieve their goals and watch dreams become realities.
A fun place to work, with biggest rewards in recruiting
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 8, 2013
Pros: sales incentives, fun group of people, high quality products
Cons: not a viable source of income unless recruiting
Running my own direct sales business has been a lot of fun. I get to work my own hours, and have parties in order to make money. I earn commission on how much I sell. The only downside is that not much money is made until one begins "recruiting" girls to her team to also start selling with Thirty One. Until one recruits multiple people, her commission percentage does not increase, and it is hard to make the job a viable source of income. The best part is occasionally earning free product; they are good with giving incentives.
Thirty One is a great company
ndependent Consultant (Current Employee), Ecru, MsJuly 23, 2013
I enjoy direct selling for such a wonderful company that is based on great Christian values.
overall nice place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 22, 2013
very friendly people,nice place to work,hours are nice as well,good opportunity for advancement as well.
FIRED over WHAT????
Consultant Support Representative (Former Employee), EastonMay 30, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I Hate Thirty One so much that if I could give it a 0 star I would. I came to work with a stomach flu one day and was sent home sick. Was told that this would not reflect bad on my attendance as I made an effort to come to work. Came in to work the next day feeling a little bit better and was told to see HR. I went down there and they said I was Fired and they were going to make it look like I quit so I could not pull unemployment. When asked why I was fired they said my attendance was bad. Prior to that time when I was sick I had not missed a single day of work. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM EVER. RUN FAR AWAY.
personalization
Personalization/Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMay 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers/ supervisors
Cons: part time
i monogram bags and I have great co-workers/ The hardest part is it is part time and I need a full time job. And i need benefits also.
good work place nice environment
Inspection (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: we had to bring our lunches and on holidays like thanksgiving we had a dinner.
Cons: we had two fifteen minute breaks and a half hour lunch.
My typical work day only depend on how i felt when i woke up just know i couldnt take my problem from home to work.I learned alot like different things such as making new friends,my duties. The hardest part of my job was fast pase but i got a hang of it.The most enjoyable part of my job was that it was alot of caring people that was there for you to answer any questions that u had.
Proceed with caution
Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2013
Working for this company taught me some valuable life lessons; however, their corporate ethics leave something to be desired. They have no clear vision or direction and the environment is extremely disorganized and pretty frustrating at times. The CEO has no business running a company and would be best served to put some good leadership in place and step out of the day to day. I would not recommend this company to anyone seeking my advice, friend or foe.
fun place to work and lots of incentives
Consultant Support Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: very good place to work for.
Cons: not enough hours sometimes
love this company will love to work there again if hired. love my coworkers. supervisors are friendly and approachable.