Thirty One Gifts Employee Reviews

Phony
Operations Supervisor Picking (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, OHMarch 14, 2017
Typical do as I say not as I do culture. Had great employees and some great peers, management extremely phony and lazy. The values they tout are laughable because there is no integrity in them. They're just buzz words with zero credibility behind them . All fluff.Management would expect supervisors to do follow the procedures that they would not follow themselves. It's a sinking ship. Better management won't help. All home party type places sink after their luster has worn off.The luster at this place has already been lost. Need cash now, fine. Get in and get out.
Pros
some peers and hourly employees
Cons
phony culture and lazy management
Interesting Culture
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Menominee, MIFebruary 6, 2017
- Meeting with people face to face, working on a computer and on the phone is a must.
-Willingness to drive to parties
-You get payed to play, the harder you work the bigger the check.
Great part time job for extra income!
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILOctober 16, 2016
A fun way to make extra income and share wonderful products to keep your home organized. Like any other home based business you are your own boss and set your hours to work for you and your family.
Love the Job
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moore County, NCOctober 4, 2016
I love the fact I can be my own boss and balance time between work and home!! It gives me plenty of time to spend with my family and my son, but gives me the opportunity to work as well!
Fun
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2016
Working with Thirty One is very fun, you get to meet new people and there are lots of incentives.

They Celebrate woman which is awesome
Pros
Can earn free products
Cons
Prices are a little high
Fun work life balanced work environment
QA Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Very relaxed work environment with well balanced work life balance. Pet Friendly and kid approved. Good employee relations
Sinking Ship!
Corporate Professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2016
I worked for this company for 5+ years and after those 5+ years I have maybe one good thing to say!

Their mission states that they are more than just a company... they are not... all I heard for 5 years was "her" "her" "her" (that's what they call the consultant... working there, they very clearly care about "her", but they are forgetting about what makes "her" successful... the employees!

3 major layoffs in 3 years... they have learned nothing from their past, as they keep repeating the same patterns...this company is a sinking ship.

Very poor leadership... the hard times are when your leaders are supposed to step up, and show why they are in leadership positions...working for this company you can clearly see that they have the wrong people in place to be successful! Anyone can look good when things are going well... its when things get rocky where people truly show why they are in the positions they are in, and the leadership is just not experienced enough to muscle through this.

This company is going down in flames.
Pros
The people... that you have now laid off!
Cons
No career path, no leadership, no competitive pay, low sales
Poor Management, No Career Path in a failing company
Corporate Professional (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 5, 2016
3 major layoffs in the last three years totaling almost 300 people. Closed two of their distribution centers and laid off almost the entire workforce. Sales for the company are dwindling as the novelty of the same product line is boring customers and their 'independent consultants'. Lure you in with promises of a great environment and larger than normal bonus payouts, which only happened one year. Company morale is at an all time low with employees wondering if their job is going to be eliminated next.
Pros
People bring their dogs and kids in
Cons
Low sales, low morale, inexperienced leadership
customer service
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2016
You show your passion for bags, thermals, and organizational options. You also show how these items can help with everyday life making things more organized, fashionable and easier.
I like working there.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hinton, OKDecember 4, 2015
I could work when I wanted and see my daughters programs at school. I loved the people I work with. I work my client list and made new friends.
Fun and enerjenic work place.
Customer service/Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2015
At the end of the day it was a job but is was so much more that that. We kept in touch will all customers. We called and met up with each other for information and support. It built self confidence, reassurance, and good work ethics.
Pros
Make money at your own pace.
Cons
Required calling, emailing and asking to book parties or to place orders.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Killen, ALOctober 26, 2015
The best part of my job is helping people get the products/items they want. I also enjoy the flexibility of this job as well.
Fast paced
Floor Runner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 9, 2015
This company is always on a move to get the job done as quickly as possible, but not too quick to jump over a mistake. We would thoroughly check our work over and over to make sure it was good quality before sending it out. I would definitley say this job looks for precision and they make sure you are trained really well at it.
Just a job, not a career
Support Consultant Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, Ohio- Easton locationSeptember 25, 2015
I started working at Thirty One under the impression that there was room to advance and room to grow...not true at all. Once you are on the phones, you are on the phones to stay. The only people that move around or up are the ones that came into the company not on the phones to begin with. If you are looking to get your foot in the door by using the call center as a stepping stone to another dept, forget about it, that is the only stone you will step ever step on there. (unless you have a personal friend with some pull there, or you move to another position on the phone)

You will spend all of your time on the phone speaking with consultants about the broken system that we have no control over, (IT issues) duplicate charges, refunds, exchanges, warranties, etc....always apologizing to HER for every little thing even if its HER fault, just to keep her happy and stay selling for the company. It gets old pretty quickly.

There is a very high turn over if you are in the call center due a number of things.

If you are just needing a job, then this is the place to go. If you are looking for a career or advancement, keep moving. Other than that, the only ones that are well off here is the owner and the Consultants that sell their products.
Pros
free stuff given away from time to time
Cons
short lunch, quick to give occurrances, very micro managed
It's a great environment to work in...
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people. You may start off selling products to a client but you end up helping a friend make the right purchase for them.
was a great place to work befor it became corprate run
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, OHAugust 26, 2015
the best job I ever had until corporate over took it
dedicated almost 3 years to a company that I thought I would retire from until the permanently laid me off with severance ever
Pros
benifits, job security
Cons
lack of motavation, no opp for advancement, your a number not a human being
this was a great place to work
Consultant Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2015
I assist consultants with making sure there experience was rewarding and that I assist them no matter how long it may have taken
I make my schedule and sell bags
Sales, Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 14, 2015
Work from home when convenient for me. Do in home shows when hostess wants. I have learned to become self sufficient on my duties if i don't do the work i don't make money. I love that i work for myself and can make my schedule and of course all the purses, totes, organizational items!
Pros
work for myself
Cons
work for commission
productive and good work enviroment
pick and packer (Former Employee) –  johnstown ohJanuary 30, 2015
most I like about this ware house was its a good work environment. there was a lot of fun people to work with and I really like it cause I like working in a fast paced enviroment
Pros
good lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great Company and Products
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA (My Home Office)January 29, 2015
This is a direct sales company so my job is what I put into it. The great thing is the company produces amazing products I can be proud of each client getting. They also are very helpful in helping me grow in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thirty One Gifts. Our community is ready to answer.