Thomas & Betts Employee Reviews

n/a
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNSeptember 19, 2017
They do not care about employees or safety even when they preach that its the most important thing for the company. Never a steady amount employees due to lack of leadership when it comes to supervisor and management roles.
Division was sold years ago, not sure of current culture
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2017
The division I worked for was sold years ago, so I am uncertain what the current culture is like. T&B decided to focus on their bread & butter, but management handled the announcement of this to the affected employees pretty badly in my opinion.
Great job security
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work. I just feel that there are better paying jobs out there for me. To benefit my family more. They give plenty vacation time with the benefits of having the options of schedule adjustments and shift changes
Hated the job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 12, 2017
I hated working here from the 2nd week, but I stayed until I found other employment. The working conditions are awful. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Dirty and oily conditions as well.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Nasty work conditions
Challenging yet close organization
PMO / PEX / Business Engagement / CoS (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 11, 2017
Busy environment but typically can get the answers and assistance when needed. Open to changer. Still adjusting to life under parent company. Memphis is a cool place to work.
Company lacked vision for future
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2017
company did not really value career advancement as it was shared that all had to work in customer service call center as their entry level job before being considered for other role. However rarely saw people advance from customer service.
Production
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2017
I ran a machine and filled electrical connectors with compound. Many, many other tasks. Trained others. Assembled other products, shrink-wrapping, packaging, etc. Inventory.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
short breaks.
Relaxed Easy Place to Work
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PASeptember 1, 2017
Worked with part-time hourly employees and gave direction when needed. Very relaxed environment - easiest job I ever had. Learned how to deal with employees. Sometimes we had to work swing shift, which was the worst part of the job.
Pros
Relaxed
Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNAugust 29, 2017
I really liked working here. I got along with everyone and loved doing something different each night. Depending on which area you work in, it can be very slow or quick paced.
Good place to just hard to advance
Machine Operator Carlon (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 28, 2017
Good work culture just not much chance of advancement. Very safety minded. Several departments to work in. You can choose from fast paced to slower paced jobs.
A good place to work and grow
Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2017
Thomas & Betts, and ABB, offer a good work environment and great compensation. Expect to work though! The work is challenging and the expectations are high.
Very Team Oriented
Safety Supervisor/Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
This job keeps the workers together. You have to compete to see who welds the fastest, but you have to be consistent and not weld to deep(aluminum welding). The thing is to weld with consistency and quickness. The group of three would weld against the other groups. The quicker you weld the sooner you would get to leave. They were team players.
Pros
Good job and great friends.
Cons
Staying late if job is not completed.
Nice People And Easy To Get Along With
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 21, 2017
Fun Had Very Nice People Some Days Were Challenging But Ioved It Because Iearned More There Were Peoole Who Were Wealing To Help You With Anything You Needed Help With Or Don't Understand Something
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun place to work
Injection Molder (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Thomas and Betts. They understood that problems can occur with their employees and helped in any was possible. I left due to family issues but I would definitely work there again if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Fast paced and busy
Cons
Healthcare
to listen more , doing things the way I was supervised to do
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  memphiAugust 10, 2017
being on time for work , keeping myself available to want to reach out & help others if needed . Try to do my job as accurate as possible , Keeping a smile at most times because a positive presentation gives me great motivation. The most enjoyable part of a job is challenges that I've accomplished threw very intense moments along the way.
stressful
Lane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSAugust 2, 2017
its a okay job the pay is very excellent but the supervisors and very disrespectful and the job is very hard times and the material is heavy its a man job
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
This was a great place to work, great people. There was no room for advancement. Due to the lack of management the facility shut down and work was moved to Mexico.
Enjoyable place to work at and freindly environment
Carlon Operator (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 30, 2017
The day work usually starts off with an safety meeting then from there we work until our two schedule 15 minute breaks until the end of our shift. I have learned how to setup molds and how properly complete the required paper work. The management is very helpful and friendly people.
work work work
Lane Attendant (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSJune 24, 2017
Its A good company to be in if you need the money many many many hours but if you have kids and family its not for you cause most times your working to catch up with the backlog which doesnt go down im all for working hard but they dont give your body anytime to recover
Pros
hours and nice pay check
Cons
all work no time to let your body rest
i liked working for this company.
Assembly/Packaging (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed assembling and packaging products, like the work and the company. Employees were fun to work with and made the day go by fast and keep the production going.