Thomas Cuisine Management Employee Reviews in United States

forward thinkg food service provider
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work is doing what is needed to ensure the residents at my ministry get the best, most nutritious food. I introduce policies and do continuing education with my employees.
I Have learned the most about the rules and regulations surrounding the long term care sector of the health care industry.
Management at Thomas cuisine is attentive and on their employee's side when it comes to a fair work environment.
My co-workers are my extended family.
The hardest part of the job is filing and storing all the required documentation for the state.
The most enjoyable part(s) of my day are when a resident, their family member or a friend complement the food and anytime that I can teach something new, exciting and of value to one of my employees.
Pros
lots of continued education offered, encouraged and paid for.
Cons
N/A
Great Place to work, brought down by lazy people.
Night Lead/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 23, 2015
This started out as a very good job. Good people good management. Mostly good customers you get to know and like for the most park. Graveyard is slow but laid back. Supervision and Management is all but non-existent on this shift. Started out seing management about every other week, after change in management it switched to 6 times in 1 year. When i resigned my position i hadn't spoken to or seen a manager in just under 3 months.
Hiring a lot of young kids at my location who were there to stand around and collect a paycheck. I was doing the work of 3 or 4 people on a regular basis with little help or response from those i worked with.Thomas is actually a pretty good place to work assuming you are in the right place and under good people. Their HR department is unbeatable. They have many good managers but my location became an exception.
Pros
Free Food, good upper management, laid back environment and familiar customers.
Cons
The lazy few who bring company down. Small company insurance plans can be expensive w/ low coverage.
Are we talking about the same Thomas Cuisine?
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Northern californiaJuly 3, 2016
Thomas Cuisine recently took over the food service account at my location. Since it's a hospital you can expect it to be a huge transition and would expect things to be organized and efficient as possible coming in. This was not the case. Nothing is organized and efficient. Coming in they said they would see how things are done and see what needs to be improved before making changes, this did no happen. The first 3 hours on their first day the retail manager had made so many changes that it set us back for the entire first two days. There was no training or new job descriptions or anything to prepare us for the changes. I have never worked for a company so unorganized. There is so much more that would take forever to describe.

One of the major things is that people who were hired after us are making more than us as their starting wage and they are inexperienced. If we are all new hires we should of started at their minimum starting wage when we were hired on. Especially because we are responsible for the new hire training and clean up after them because they are inexperienced and lazy. It is so not a fair company. Even the managers told us they were going to fix the wage discrepancies and all of a sudden they decided that wasn't going to happen. Not to mention the benefits are beyond ridiculous. They are so expenisive I can't even afford them and I am not alone.

The recipes are beyond ridiculous too. We never have the millions of ingredients we need to make what could be a simple dish. The managers have a tendency to "get back to you", anytime you have a question or
  more... concern. Our managers want us to speak to them but doesn't seem to get anywhere. In one ear and out the other. Maybe its our management team and not the company itself but had I known this before I would of moved on instead of moving forward with Thomas. My location is also male dominated. We have noticed a pattern. Our retail manager doesn't seem to like women's ideas and input very much. He is very bad with people and retail is a very "people" oriented. I could go on and on but if you have read this far Thanks for that. Good luck if you move forward with this company. I hope that not all locations are like ours.  less
Pros
They work with your schedule
Cons
unorganized, unfair and so much more
Good people to work with, nice environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 11, 2013
I was in charge of Front of House. I kept the whole area clean and well stocked for customers. I learned a lot about customer service and how to keep your customers coming back for more. My management was not as helpful in my growing at the company. The hardest part i had with the job was keeping the management happy. I loved the customers that came in I have a lot of friendships thanks to them.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, no weekends or nights.
Cons
management, early mornings.
Employee cafeteria
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 9, 2012
This is a good place for anyone who is starting a culinary career. The menus are repetitive and lack creativity, but you will get the fundamentals of cooking you need in order to move on. When the IGT account had a higher budget the menus were better.
Pros
free lunch, whatever you want. nights and weekends off!
Cons
early shift. no dinner shifts here.
fun work environment
associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 2, 2015
set up merchandise and sell it during the event then taking inventory after the event was over then loading the semi-truck with remaining merchandise.
Pros
free music concerts
Cons
not consistent work times
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 29, 2014
They understand that personal life is as important as work. They offer flexible schedules with decent pay. They have a good benefits package. Working in Meridian is an easier commute than Boise.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
To be Progressive in all business practices
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Boise IdahoDecember 16, 2013
Employee driven
Cost cutting with out effecting the quality of the end product
Customer driven
Service comes first
Sanitation is everyone's responsibility
Long Term Employee
Director of Accounting & Finance (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 11, 2013
I have been in top management for the past 17 years at Thomas Cuisine Management. It is a great place to work and allows me the ability to showcase my talents.
One of the best companies I have worked for.
CHEF/ RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2014
Excellent company to work for, great management team who care about quality food, customers and employees
Good staff
Executive Chef, St Francis Hospital (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 28, 2013
Very hard work, lots of protocal being in a healthcare situation

4.3