Thomas Cuisine Management Employee Reviews

Hostile work environment
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 11, 2018
Not an ideal place to work. Management's are sitting on their butts.People degrading each other. Making up stories that are not true. A lot of individuals here smoking weeds.
Pros
Cons
Marijuana users
good buy can be boring
Multi-Unit Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 25, 2017
contracted food service, good steady job, pay was good, not great. no chance for advancement. limited by purchasing contract, very repetitive menus and daily work flow, some units are managing a union crew. challenging
Work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2017
It’s not that bad of a job pretty easy job as a cashier, your job is simple and you basically restock items throughout the day and before you leave .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 min break
Fast paced and challenging.
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2017
Fast paced food service environment that kept me challenged. Great teamwork with other managers of other facilities. Really enjoyed working for the account I was in charge of and built a great team of associates that worked well to get the job done.
Pros
Challenging work with great team work.
Cons
working hours were long and always on call
Great company
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 14, 2017
Thomas Cuisine Management has many locations throughout the country, so if you are looking for a job there are a variety of locations and they will also help relocate you. They have a great manager training program.
Thomas Cuisine Management is a great company to work for.
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 17, 2017
Liked basically every aspect of my TCM job! Great people, great company wish they were in Michigan. Best food service job I have ever had in 10 years.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours, people, environment
Cons
hot sometimes
fun people horrible management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 23, 2017
loved to work there but they are rude i cant handle working 3 peoples jobs as 1 person. they treat there employees horrible
until they absolutely need you.
Team work make the dream work. Ambitious Team members
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 24, 2017
This is the place, so if your looking for a solid job with great benefits the chefs are practical skilled..The food is amazing.the work area is clean and sanitized ..Upper management
Pros
Free Food, Good schedule, Great Management
Cons
Good Crew, Great Chefs, Cons of this company is having no Cons at all.
white wash
Chef (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 28, 2017
They have a good idea of making hospital food fresh and tasty but it's all an illusion. A play put on by competent chefs in front of the customer and client.. little care is given to patients. Behind the scenes there is little to recommend. Food safety may "look" like it's being followed but trust me, it is not. There are no company standards for following recipes, ingredients, production systems. The motto is make it look good, hide the issues. Scratch the surface and you'll find a lot of dirt.
Pros
its a job
Cons
unethical company
If doing the job of 3 people is your thing go ahead
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 27, 2016
I had enough after doing the job of 3 people
the pay was terrible for what I was doing even in the job post they promise 11$ but when you get there the manager tries to negotiate with you, trying to save the company money.
The chefs and the people are great in this location
but the main manager only cares about saving the company money.
Like I said, if you like working doing the job of 3 people while getting pay the lowest pay go for it
The dishwasher position is the hardest one and if you apply for a dishwasher at least make them pay you 12$ starting. DONT LET THE GENERAL MANAGER OFFER YOU LESS
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay and Doing the work of others
upbeat fun place to work.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 16, 2016
Very popular group full of passionate cooks who make it a point to make great looking, great tasting food. opportunity to travel to different locations to help
Are we talking about the same Thomas Cuisine?
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Northern californiaJuly 3, 2016
Thomas Cuisine recently took over the food service account at my location. Since it's a hospital you can expect it to be a huge transition and would expect things to be organized and efficient as possible coming in. This was not the case. Nothing is organized and efficient. Coming in they said they would see how things are done and see what needs to be improved before making changes, this did no happen. The first 3 hours on their first day the retail manager had made so many changes that it set us back for the entire first two days. There was no training or new job descriptions or anything to prepare us for the changes. I have never worked for a company so unorganized. There is so much more that would take forever to describe.

One of the major things is that people who were hired after us are making more than us as their starting wage and they are inexperienced. If we are all new hires we should of started at their minimum starting wage when we were hired on. Especially because we are responsible for the new hire training and clean up after them because they are inexperienced and lazy. It is so not a fair company. Even the managers told us they were going to fix the wage discrepancies and all of a sudden they decided that wasn't going to happen. Not to mention the benefits are beyond ridiculous. They are so expenisive I can't even afford them and I am not alone.

The recipes are beyond ridiculous too. We never have the millions of ingredients we need to make what could be a simple dish. The managers have a tendency to "get back to you", anytime you have a question or
  more... concern. Our managers want us to speak to them but doesn't seem to get anywhere. In one ear and out the other. Maybe its our management team and not the company itself but had I known this before I would of moved on instead of moving forward with Thomas. My location is also male dominated. We have noticed a pattern. Our retail manager doesn't seem to like women's ideas and input very much. He is very bad with people and retail is a very "people" oriented. I could go on and on but if you have read this far Thanks for that. Good luck if you move forward with this company. I hope that not all locations are like ours.  less
Pros
They work with your schedule
Cons
unorganized, unfair and so much more
forward thinkg food service provider
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work is doing what is needed to ensure the residents at my ministry get the best, most nutritious food. I introduce policies and do continuing education with my employees.
I Have learned the most about the rules and regulations surrounding the long term care sector of the health care industry.
Management at Thomas cuisine is attentive and on their employee's side when it comes to a fair work environment.
My co-workers are my extended family.
The hardest part of the job is filing and storing all the required documentation for the state.
The most enjoyable part(s) of my day are when a resident, their family member or a friend complement the food and anytime that I can teach something new, exciting and of value to one of my employees.
Pros
lots of continued education offered, encouraged and paid for.
Cons
N/a
all about favorites and politics.
Supervisor/cook (Current Employee) –  Rupert, IDDecember 7, 2015
This company is a good company to work but there is little or no advancement. Especially at the store where I work. In other parts of the company I am sure there is advancement.
Pros
wages are decent
Cons
no advancement too much he said she said and to much politics.
Great Place to work, brought down by lazy people.
Night Lead/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 23, 2015
This started out as a very good job. Good people good management. Mostly good customers you get to know and like for the most park. Graveyard is slow but laid back. Supervision and Management is all but non-existent on this shift. Started out seing management about every other week, after change in management it switched to 6 times in 1 year. When i resigned my position i hadn't spoken to or seen a manager in just under 3 months.
Hiring a lot of young kids at my location who were there to stand around and collect a paycheck. I was doing the work of 3 or 4 people on a regular basis with little help or response from those i worked with.Thomas is actually a pretty good place to work assuming you are in the right place and under good people. Their HR department is unbeatable. They have many good managers but my location became an exception.
Pros
Free Food, good upper management, laid back environment and familiar customers.
Cons
The lazy few who bring company down. Small company insurance plans can be expensive w/ low coverage.
fun work environment
associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 2, 2015
set up merchandise and sell it during the event then taking inventory after the event was over then loading the semi-truck with remaining merchandise.
Pros
free music concerts
Cons
not consistent work times
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 29, 2014
They understand that personal life is as important as work. They offer flexible schedules with decent pay. They have a good benefits package. Working in Meridian is an easier commute than Boise.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Not a lot of room for Advancement
One of the best companies I have worked for.
CHEF/ RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2014
Excellent company to work for, great management team who care about quality food, customers and employees
To be Progressive in all business practices
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Boise IdahoDecember 16, 2013
Employee driven
Cost cutting with out effecting the quality of the end product
Customer driven
Service comes first
Sanitation is everyone's responsibility
Long Term Employee
Director of Accounting & Finance (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 11, 2013
I have been in top management for the past 17 years at Thomas Cuisine Management. It is a great place to work and allows me the ability to showcase my talents.