Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals

Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Place to work
Patient Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
I must say Jefferson Hospital is a EXCELLENT place to work and also have some AWESOME Physician's & Nurse's. I've been employed with Jefferson for almost 20yrs!!
great work experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2016
The department of medical laboratory sciences and biotechnology at Thomas Jefferson University provided me with a great location for my rotations where I gained valuable laboratory experience. I ended up with my own project, which ended with a poster presentation at faculty research day, that I was able to add to my resume. They also provided me with a work study as a teaching assistant and a four-week-long summer job following my graduation.
Great for students
Student Technologist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2016
Methodist was very understanding and patient with us as students. They molded us into the techs we are and made us comfortable.
The Doctors care about staff more than Supervisors.
Certified Medical Assistant/ Research Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
The best experience I had working for Thomas Jefferson University was working with great coworkers and Great Doctors. Opportunity to go back to school.
Pros
They really care for patients.
Cons
Didn't give a hoot about employees.
Ok Place to work
Practice Representative V (Lead) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2016
Co workers were great! Manager is kind but is not experience in managing a department. department understaff, they take too long to hire new employees.
A fast pace environment
Insurance Verification Coordinator, Sr (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2016
This is a fast pace environment to work in. My co-works are friendly and helpful at all times. I worked with a lot of different systems and gained a lot of experience at Jefferson.
Manager
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2016
I had 24 hour accountability with a small staff and no opportunity to increase staff which was very difficult and I often worked as staff.
I learned many different aspects of management. I had support from the top management on down. The hardest part of the job was no flexibility of staff. The most enjoyable part was seeing patients before, during and after surgery.
Pros
Learning was great
Cons
Staffing small
Helpful Institution
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2016
I would assist in all activities of daily living. I also was a phlebtomist as well as performed secretarial duties when neeed.
the best place to work and a lot of experience
Field Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
Working for this company is very interesting everyday. Like any work place its going have its ups and downs. By me a worker and worked my way up the ladder I know when a job you should work and do not let the job work you.
Pros
free meal tickets
Cons
good bebfits and health care
Potential to be so much more
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2016
Over the years It was difficult to watch the commitment to scientific research decline. I was an amazing experience to be surrounded so many people dedicated to finding the answer to treat debilitating diseases with decreasing support and funding from the institution.

The best part of the job was knowing that everyone had the same goal and when long days in the lab became trying you could look around and see you weren't alone and that they, too, were committed to achieving that goal.
Secure place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2016
Jefferson Hospital is a secure place to work as well as advance with the right connections. Some of the policies and procedures can seem stringent if your new to healthcare like I was. Overall I feel that it was a good place to be employed.
Nice workplace
Jeff Temp Staff - Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2016
Job is perfect for an organized and detail-oriented person. Definitely an enjoyable job with a medium paced workload. Flexible schedule.
time to part ways
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2016
after nine years at this establishment with it helping me grow as a person, and being the place i meet my wife, its time i say goodbye. The pay is no longer seeming competitive. However the most crucial reason for this desired change is the change in its culture.
Pros
great employees
Cons
not appreciating their great employees
poor micro managment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2016
poor micro management, great staff but doesn't feel appreciated by management! NO lunch break till work is done which is usually 6 or 7 hours into 8 hour shift . NO 15 minute breaks. administrators would just walk by you and speak.
Pros
just a paycheck
Cons
micro management
Very large practuce
Referral Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2016
I started off as a PSR. My duties would include checking patients collecting any co-pays if necessary according to the patient insurane. I also were responsible for checking out and make patients next appointment according to their primary care physician request.
Pros
Jefferson Hospital positions offered UNION
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Registered Nurse (Medical Surgical - Pool) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2016
As a pool nurse, you do not belong to a specific unit. You go to wherever there is a staffing need for that day and shift. You have to be a proficient and efficient nurse to be able to work at any unit at any given time when required. You must be skilled and diverse in patient management in a variety of complications. This is what makes this job exciting and rewarding. You go to work not knowing what nursing unit and patient population you will be caring for. You also do not know the nursing staff you will be working with. There is a lot of mystery before the start of your shift. This uncertainty is the hardest part of the job; not know who you will be working with and where you will be working. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work through the hospital. It provides a great learning experience.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling, able to work throughout the hospital, opportunity to learn
Cons
no health benefits/paid-time-off (PTO)
Review Summary
Instructional Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2016
Working with students and staff of TJU was demanding because they expect excellent service with 0 errors. Complaints and problems have to be solved quickly and satisfactorily. It is hard to initiate change in the institution, change and new ways of doing things has to start bottom up with one or two initial clients (professors) willing to spend the time and effort to try new things. Change is also risky as student complaints are taken seriously. The hardest part of the job is to bring about change. The most enjoyable part of the job is when change takes place with good results and student feedback.I learned how to work with perfectionists, people who excel in what they do, who never make mistakes and who expect the same from others working for or with them.
Pros
Learn a lot about Health Science education and the medical profession in general.
Cons
Organizational structure is complex. The curriculum map is too complex.
Other nurses are very helpful
Registered Nurse/Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2016
Patients are very sick and require much care. However, most of the nurses pitch in and help each other. The nurse manager in the unit ensures that everyone is treated with respect and in a fair manner.
Pros
Salary satisfactory. Paid time off is generous.
Cons
Rarely given a lunch break. Difficult to get time off
Very Productive and Supportive Staff
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2016
Typical work day started at 8:30am. I was responsible for assisting NP and MD with bone marrow biopsy procedures. Assisted patients with dress and preparation of all procedures. Management was very effective in training and problem solving issues that patients may have. All co-workers were very supportive. I enjoyed the bonds that were created with all the patients and staff.
Good
Radiant Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2016
Working with Thomas Jefferson Hospital for over an year. Not bad to work. Conveniently located in Philadelphia area in the city. Job life balance is good. Compensation is ok.

Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals Reviews by Job Title