Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals

Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals Employer Reviews

Good company to work for but has no room for advancement without further degrees
CMA/ Billing & Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: patient service, meeting new people
Cons: not much room for advancement without further degree, company doesnt help much on transfering withing company even if over qualified
a typical day of work for me at tjuh starts once i walk through the doors. Patient care is a profession i take seriously. In my dept we see a total of 60 pts per day which can but are not venipunctures, claims, injections, referrals, research, pt counseling, charge entry, ekg/eeg and ordering medications. Working at TJUH i believe that ive grown as – more... a person and its also helped me become a better man. You quickly realize that helping people with their heath is a great deal. Management at TJUH is OK at best. This of course is only off of experience, so i guess if you have a great management team the sun definitely shines brighter. In my case i get along great with my co-workers. I would definitely consider some of them family. Unfortunately the hardest part of my job is the new managemen, so much that ive considered leaving TJUH. The best part of working at TJUH is helping and meeting new people. – less
I started as a young dietitian ,and I got my experiences from this institution.
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2014
Being a training hospital with a medical school,we were exposed to a lot of different cases/diagnosis that helped me acquired most of the knowledge that I have now.We worked side by side with other health care professionals-attendings,residents,nurses,speech pathologists,physical and occupational therapists,and others.
We attended rounds on a regular – more... basis-Heart,Nutrition Support,Wound,Interdisciplinary,Renal,etc.
We have a weekly RD's meeting with the Clinical Manager to keep us abreast about our department.We have a monthly Journal Club where we learn the new trends about nutrition,dietetics and management issues. – less
Very very busy and high paced work enviorment
Patient Registrar (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: salary, career advancements, management
Great co-workers, everyone is a team player. We really lack good management which makes a very difficult work enviorment. There's no room for career advancement and there hasn't been good raises in years.
professional environment
Data Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2014
professional environment
good work/life balance
earned good experience
Blood Bank Technologist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2014
I feel that I have learned a great amount from working at Thomas Jefferson Hospital and I continue to increase my knowledge on a daily basis.
Solid accounting experience
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2014
Solid experience from working in the accounting department early in my career. Good coworkers and open management made from a great start to my career.
great learning environment
Nurse Extern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2014
The hospital as a whole was a good place to work; however the unit that i worked in was terrible. I dreaded the management and employees.
Emergency Room RN per diem (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: parking
Good work environment.
Great deal of flexibility
good teamwork. Many opportunities for learning
marketing
Externship (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: flexible shift
Cons: no work
ok contract position. its was a nice work enviorment but not to professional
The question, "are you your sisters keeper" sums up My Sisters Place, yes they are.
Parent-Child Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: the pros are, it's a resident facility, i can help the mothers with feeding tips, and assist with diet plans for their children, i have the ablity to coach the mothers with the grooming of their children, i have the honor the try and help mothers become good parents.
Cons: there is no place for the employees to have a quite lunch.
A typical day is to expect the unexpected.

I've learned that our clients are unpredictable, and one has to adjust themselves as situations change throughout the course of a day.

Management is often there to help when faced with challenging decisions.

Co-workers are always willing to help if your day takes you off site due to client emergencies .

The – more... hardest part of the job is knowing that everyone that comes to our facility is not there for recovery.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the children smile, heal, learn, feel safe, and having something positive to look forward to each day. – less
Pay and benefits
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: my own office
A typical work day consisted of transcription. What i learned was how to work for several doctors at once with different views. Coworkers were not a problem because I didn't have to interact with them because I had my own office. The hardest part of my job was transcribing doctors with foreign accents. The most enjoyable part of my job was working my – more... myself without any distractions. – less
Motivated Environment
Nurse Extern (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2014
Every employee and peer that I worked with was extremely motivated in nursing and health care and gave me so much enthusiasm toward the field that I feel it was an amazing environment to learn and grow in.
Challenging Work Environment
Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Wide spectrum of patient population are treated at this hospital. Many specialties and teams dedicated to patient care. The variety and severity of patients keep one fresh and constantly learning and refining skills.
Eh
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: ok employees
Cons: most everything else
Management not good, hours cut to part time, hours not accommodating.
Atypical day at work
Patient Registrar (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2014
I was a temp for the hospital so a typical day depended on what department I was in .
short employment
Safety Nurse Extern - Neuro Pool (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2014
I worked at Jefferson during my time in their nursing program. It was a hectic job but the staff around me helped. It really helped prepare me for a nursing position. Management was helpful. The nature of 1:1 care was the most difficult.
Great team atmosphere!
Paramedic (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2014
I learned so much during my time at Thomas Jefferson. My colleagues were both professional and compassionate. I love working in the city, work location cannot be beat.
Family Medecine Department
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: great
I am confident, reliable, smart, and at the end of the day to make sure i finish all my work before i leave.
ER
CT Technologist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaJanuary 28, 2014
Very high paced ER. I worked third shift(overnights). Taught me how to be self reliant and to be efficient with my time.
One of the best, most rewarding jobs I've had. Helping patients who suffered from Neurologic problems by making their doctor visits easier!
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: helping make doctors appointments easier for new and established patients.
Cons: sometime dealing with patients with neurological issues was difficult but always rewarding.
The Epilepsy Center was a very busy practice. There were & physicians that saw patients and things had to be run precisely in order for both doctors and patients to by satified. I had plenty of opporuntity for advancement and my co-workers ran the front desk like an oiled machine. I learned so much at this job, patient care, dealing with insurance companies, – more... pateint assistance programs, new patient information. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals

Thomas Jefferson University (TJU) and Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals (TJUH), the largest freestanding academic medical – Read more

Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals Photos