Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals

Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work where you can learn to love your job
Patient Registrar/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia PaApril 30, 2015
Pros: Bonding with co-workers, managers and the Dr's
Cons: short lunch breaks
I really like working for Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. It has been a learning experience in the past five years I've worked in this envrionment. Working for the Hospital you get to meet new and exciting people which makes you build a friendship with others. You start to care for the people as if they were your own family. My co-workers are amazing! I enjoy working with them how we can respect eachother enough to work as a team. The hardest part of my job is really getting to know the patients and the loss of some of them. The most enjoyable part of the day at my job is being able to help people in their time of need. Knowing that my great customer service skills are valued and appreciated by a simple smile and a pleasant greeting can possibly make someone's else day.
The Jeff
SICU RN (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2015
The Jefferson is a great place to work. It's very busy but all of the employees are like one big family and we really care about what we do and how we care for people.
RN
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaApril 18, 2015
Jefferson is a great hospital to work for. Every institution has its cons and pros but I have stayed with Jefferson because the good truly outweighs the bad. Recently there has been a lot of changes with uniforms, time keeping, and hospital management so people are currently adjusting. The computer systems are archaic and overall hospital technology for quality patient care and safety could be updated. I feel the compensation could be a little more competitive but overall I am satisfied with Jefferson.
Productive and secure place to work.
Research Assistant B (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: long vacation, 35 hours week.
Cons: low salary, no retirement plan for research assistans and below.
My day was very well organized; I had a clear task for every hour of my day. I learned very advanced methods such as genetic injections of Drosophila Melanogaster embryos, isolation of eye discs; different staining technics; finew microscopic work, genetic screening and more.
Management and coworkers were very good.
the hardest part of job was some monotony when we were maintaining out huge fly collection. It was taking a few days each months.
The most enjoyable part was the feeling of satisfaction and completion when we were publishing papers and get grants. We were celebrating such events.
Loving Enviroment
Student Housing Front Desk Clerk/Housing Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Rewards for time service, A bonus
Cons: No breaks
I really enjoy working for Jefferson for the years I been hear. But I wish Jefferson reconize the small people and help them move around with in the company to a different department to make more money too.
excellent place to work
Instructor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2015
Thomas Jefferson University is a fun place to work, strong scientific community and their research. Co-workers are very helpful, the place is at the center city which is a very location.
Great Coop experience
SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great experience and paid well for a coop $23/hour
Cons: None.
I enjoyed this job a lot. It was my first professional job in my field and even though it was a coop job the work I was doing was on the level of an entry level graduate with a computer science degree. I enjoyed the experience and learned a great deal which gave me the foundation to support me in all of my future positions. I owe TJUH a great deal of credit for that experience.
It's ok
Placement Assistant II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2015
My experience at Jefferson was not the best but others were. It is my belief that my situation was not indicative of the Jefferson environment as a whole.
Thomas Jefferson hospital is one of the leading university hospitals in Philadelphia.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working at TJUH,Although I only worked there as part time,the work environment is very calming and my co-workers are very helpful to each other.
Busy Job, surrounded by great people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2015
This job is a demanding one, but the people who work there are awesome. The doctors are the best of the best. They are wonderful physicians and have a great bedside manner. The nurses are true team players, always supporting and looking out for each other.
Its Research
Research Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2015
Research is generally pretty flexible as long as you get results. But then again its research, and the pay is not great for entry level.
It is great place to work.
Associate Scientist I (Current Employee), philadelphiaMarch 19, 2015
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY MENTOR AND YOU ARE VERY HELPFUL.

I developed skills such as planning,time and great communication skill.
Best job I ever had!
Director, Administrative Affairs, JSN (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2015
Loved working here! I had the trust of everyone and that meant a lot to me! Loved my staff and faculty - they were the best. I took my responsibilities seriously and loved the challenges that each day brought!
Registrar III
Registrar (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: sales rep lunches
Cons: parking
The Patient Service Representative II assists the practice manager and physicians in maintaining a patient/customer focus, supports the delivery of highest quality care, shares a passion for patient and customer-centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial and operational targets.
Tasks include, but are not limited to the following: providing check-in, registering patients, collecting cash, providing telephone coverage, scheduling patients and confirming appointments.
Good Place to Work
Baccalaureate Nursing Student (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2015
Even as a nursing student, staff is kind and helpful when asked. Clean, modern technology, management proactive. Managers care about staff input
Poor career favorable
Research Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Working in the research labs in Jefferson is really a struggle. You have to deal with so so PI and they never keep their promise.
Good University, Bad Lab
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), PAFebruary 18, 2015
I love being a scientist, but being a good scientist requires cooperation between a researcher and PI. Unfortunately, it was not the case. Bad management and difficulties in communication resulted in poor information sharing that wasted significant amounts of valuable time. My development was blocked by not allowing me to participate in scientific conferences and meetings.
Good benefits and nice co-workers
CLINICAL ABSTRACTOR (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2015
My overall experience was good. Co-workers I worked were team players, which made my work much easier. I would not have a problem working for Thomas Jefferson University Hospital again
Dynamic department always keeping current with trends
Materials Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, daily sense of accomplishment
Cons: the few employees that didn't pull their weight, outsourcing
Ensure that all orders are received correctly
Supervise team in receiving and distributing goods
Evaluate financial activity in all areas of the department

I learned how to positively interact with people of all backgrounds
I recognized people for the job that they did above all else

Work environment was independent, but management was readily available when needed

Co-workers were all part of a team to provide quality products and service to our customers

Leaving was the hardest part of the job, position was outsourced

Every day presented opportunities to make a difference. Every day so much was accomplished in the fast paced dynamic environment
Who's In Charge???
CRNA, MSN (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pleasant place to work. patient population is great as well.
Cons: short lunch breaks, often no mid morning breaks or mid afternoon breaks on long shifts.
The job itself is Great!! I love administering Anesthesia and find the work to be both Challenging and Rewarding! However the administration of the Department seems to always be influx. The Salary and Benefits are the lowest in the city and they are currently cutting compensation that had been promised and taking away the ability earn extra income.
The Physician's who use our services need us. The administration would rather pay outside CRNA's to cover the needs than pay their loyal employee's the per diem rate. Which has led to many unhappy employee's.

1 2 3 4 5

About Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals

Thomas Jefferson University (TJU) and Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals (TJUH), the largest freestanding academic medical – Read more

Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals Salaries