Thomas L. Cardella & Associates Employee Reviews

Not Recommended
Office Depot Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAFebruary 7, 2018
Very unprofessional place to work. Low morale, unfair promotions, sxual harassment etc. I would not recommend anyone work here no matter how desperate you are for employment.
The employees haven't got much to do, but talk.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Keokuk, IAJanuary 19, 2018
Your fellow employees may not be as interested in working, as they are in making rumors filled with drama. Without too much to be focused on at all times, the large group of people begins to do the one thing they can. They talk. This usually ends up negativity affecting most people trying to move up quickly, and even causes jobs to be in jeopardy. If you can stay out of the social aspect, you will probably do well at your job. When the higher-ups notice your skill though, you will start to be thrown into the thick of things, and need to adapt quickly.
Pros
Very easy job with a lenient environment.
Cons
Entitled employees
Productive and fun.
TSR (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 14, 2018
Customer service skill. Have to be able to deal with rude customers. There’s always opportunities to move up in a company. They offer benefits and pay raise.
Pros
Bonuses, benefits, raises, guaranteed hours, overtime available.
Cons
Rude customers. Attendance bonus.
Competitive work enviroment
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 9, 2018
Its a good place to work it faced paced at time at slow paced at other times. Its a really relaxed place to work coworkers are awesome. The supervisors and directors are great to work with and for. They're very understanding with hours you can work.
Pros
free luch sometimes, people who work there are amazing to work with
Horrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 2, 2018
I was there for 6 years i would not recommend working here unless its to fill a space on the way to a better job. The policies change all the time and you are never kept in the loop on updates
Love tlc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 20, 2017
I have worked for TLC for 2 yrs. They have many programs and if you work hard easy advancement opportunities! They do require a background check on certain programs and high school diploma or equivalent. Depending on the program some may require a urine drug test. Programs are Affinion, ADS, Charter aka spectrum they have a residential side and business to business side, Vonage business, Nationstar aka Mr Cooper, progression and many others! Apply online at tlcassociates.com
Super Fun!
Customer Contact Specialist/Agent Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52404November 13, 2017
I loved going to work here everyday and the employees made it extra fun! I am very proficient on the phones and enjoyed what I did. They're always giving away prizes for top daily sales. Great bonus potential!
Hostile work environment
The Villain (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAOctober 17, 2017
What it is: a very unhealthy environment where everyone is out to get one another, and management is devolving. The best sales people have already been in and out, and the best managers have been replaced by mostly incompetent ones.

What it could be: A fun atmosphere where people actually try to do their best and care about each other, while making a not to be scoffed at hourly wage and very good commission, and playing games throughout the day to make work more enjoyable.

Shame.
Pros
Above average commission based incentives
Cons
Terribly hostile work environment/circus side show
It's a good work environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IASeptember 5, 2017
The staff there are great. The supervisors are very encouraging. They motivate you if you're having a bad day. Sometimes when the customer's call with a problem that you can't fix. So they might complain and yell on the phone. You just have to look past it.
Management and coworkers are amazing.
Telemarketing Sales/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJuly 25, 2017
The location in Coralville, IA shut down,so I cannot comment on the Cedar Rapids, IA location. I have spoke to former co-workers who did transfer to Cedar Rapids and they are not as happy as they were in Coralville. The hours are not flexible and the management is poor.
Great workplace
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 18, 2017
Very flexible and willing to work with the employee. They helped me learn to be self driven and work oriented. A great place for beginners to learn about customer service and sales work.
boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Keokuk, IAJune 7, 2017
The people are nice but the management structure aren't don't really have much to say it was good while I could keep my sanity until the place got too stressful
Pros
prizes
Cons
stressful
Work but play harder
Direct Television Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 4, 2017
I didn't like the atmosphere because most of the managers were too busy gossiping and focusing on partying with each other rather than being professional. Some programs need paid more.
Pros
Lots of options for programs
Cons
Low pay and bad management
Get paid for your hard work
Telephone Sales Rep for Charter Spectrum (Current Employee) –  Keokuk, IAApril 29, 2017
The company brought in a new program that allows us to make bonus based off of what we sell. It's nice to work for a company that pays your for all the hard work you put in.
The people are great
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 23, 2017
I currently work at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates. My typical day consists of reaching out to customers and selling phone, internet, and cable services to them. The management is really friendly and they seem to really work with you a lot. The commission for my position is really great.
Good place to grow
TSR (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 28, 2017
I've worked for the company a little less than six months and have already been in management trainings. They really like to develop and promote people from within.
Pros
The people
Great Place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 6, 2016
It was easy for me. I loved the environment. I loved my managers and co workers. I just loved going to work and loved the job. It was easy and customers wanted it.
Positive environment, a few things could be corrected.
Outbound and inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 22, 2016
Overall i had a pleasent experience, I feel like the director of the company should have more interaction with his employees and the pay of some campaigns should be higher.
My Experience
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work requires me to make calls to customer going over phone bill making sure the bill is manageable while also upgrading their phone for them. I have learned a lot about cell phones that the average person would not have known. I really enjoy working with my co workers and the management they really make it a fun environment for everyone. The hardest part about the job is when your trying to do the best you can for a customer and they are still unsatisfied with what you have to offer them and there is no more you can do no matter how hard you try it makes you feel as if you didn't help their needs.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Terrible and Avoid At All Costs
TSR (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 3, 2016
I worked there for six months. It was terrible, you're basically working for minimum wage and there's no way to survive off that not to mention their commission is non-existent. The management consist of people with criminal records so bad that no one else will hire them, and most of the people there have drug problems. Heroin, meth,crack, coke. You know... just the typical day to day work talk. The worst part is the attendance bonus which you will lose no matter the situation. Illness, sick child, or even a death in the family, they will take $2.35 from each hour worked. You literally make more money working fast food. They care nothing about their employees unless you party with management. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work and realizing no matter what you've done in your life there's always a worse situation.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Low wages, poor hygiene, roaches in the break room