Thomas L. Cardella & Associates Employee Reviews

Good place to grow
TSR (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 28, 2017
I've worked for the company a little less than six months and have already been in management trainings. They really like to develop and promote people from within.
Pros
The people
Great Place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 6, 2016
It was easy for me. I loved the environment. I loved my managers and co workers. I just loved going to work and loved the job. It was easy and customers wanted it.
Positive environment, a few things could be corrected.
Outbound and inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 22, 2016
Overall i had a pleasent experience, I feel like the director of the company should have more interaction with his employees and the pay of some campaigns should be higher.
My Experience
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work requires me to make calls to customer going over phone bill making sure the bill is manageable while also upgrading their phone for them. I have learned a lot about cell phones that the average person would not have known. I really enjoy working with my co workers and the management they really make it a fun environment for everyone. The hardest part about the job is when your trying to do the best you can for a customer and they are still unsatisfied with what you have to offer them and there is no more you can do no matter how hard you try it makes you feel as if you didn't help their needs.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Terrible and Avoid At All Costs
TSR (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 3, 2016
I worked there for six months. It was terrible, you're basically working for minimum wage and there's no way to survive off that not to mention their commission is non-existent. The management consist of people with criminal records so bad that no one else will hire them, and most of the people there have drug problems. Heroin, meth,crack, coke. You know... just the typical day to day work talk. The worst part is the attendance bonus which you will lose no matter the situation. Illness, sick child, or even a death in the family, they will take $2.35 from each hour worked. You literally make more money working fast food. They care nothing about their employees unless you party with management. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work and realizing no matter what you've done in your life there's always a worse situation.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Low wages, poor hygiene, roaches in the break room
Awful
John Deere Email Management (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 10, 2016
Simply the worst place I have ever worked. Everyone is replaceable. The job treats you as such. Pay is a joke. Managers and SIT do not have a brain and can't make any decisions on their own. They are puppets.
Fast Paced
Sales/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 10, 2016
Loved helping the customers and clients. The ability to be cross trained so that when one program was slow I always had work to do.
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
Environment
Firing people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 6, 2015
I had applied for vacation and it was Approved. I come back to work after my vacation was over and my badge didn't work and couldn't log in. No one told me that they had put it down as termination until i tried to log into everything and sat there for like 20 minutes. Then my supervisor finally came out and told me that i was terminated. That is not the professional way to terminate people. They was to scared to tell me when i walked into the center that i was terminated. They only care about themselves and no one else. DO NOT WORK FOR CARDELLA!!!! They don't care about anyone but themselves. I was there for almost a year also and one of their top reps.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I loved working at TLC
Telephone Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAOctober 1, 2015
I loved working at TLC!!! It was a fast paced environment that was upbeat and rewarding. The job was challenging yet fun at the same time.
job is okay for college students
Customer Services/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  West Branch, IAAugust 15, 2015
Being a customer service rep was fun but that's the thing is that they don't hire you for customer service they hire you to make sales and expect you to pitch sales every call even if the customer is upset and if you don't pitch sales you get written up for it.
Pros
fun place to work if you get a chance to talk with co-workers
Cons
not a good place to work if you can't handle someone yelling at you every call.
best job ive ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 8, 2015
Selling Identity theft protection to Wells Fargo clients. Explained the benefits of having identity theft protection services. Went over the process with customers and explained how the services will work for them. Record customer information for enrollment in the identity theft protection program
Pros
hours environment job was awesome
Cons
company closed
Fun, Positive Environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJune 26, 2015
I would go into work and jump on the phones and i would receive calls from Verizon Fios Customers and take care of their needs or set them up with services. Learned how to look over a phone, internet and TV Bill. Management was always there to help you when you needed it. Co Workers was amazing, always pumping you up after an upgrade or sale, Hardest part of the job was getting people to upgrade services and explaining to customers that we can only get a certain Internet Speed at their address. Most enjoyable part of my job was the competition and contests and prizes they always had.
Pros
Prizes for contests
Cons
Short breaks and not having your own desk
Find somewhere else!
Verizon (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJune 6, 2015
this is not a place you will WANT to go. There is certain members of management that give special treatment to people who are consistently late. They have their phones on the floor all the time and its okay but when one of the reps do-the managers yell at them, not one but two managers. A specific manager talks to almost everyone like they are dumb (except a few favorites) and interupts you when you try to ask questions. This person thinks they know it all & answer it but they dont. They will have you type a pitch up, print it out and then claim it as their own. Maybe management should take calls so they can understand how calls go instead of assuming they know it all. Management should be able to keep their cool, be patient with reps, be knowledgable and give equal treatment to all reps. You definitely will NOT see that at this place.

I repeat - this is NOT a place you will want to work.
Pros
You have a job?
Cons
No good management specifically
I would not recommend anyone to apply for this company.
Customer Service Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Keokuk, IAApril 27, 2015
As harsh as my summary sounds, I worked there for 2 years, and had a great position 1.5 years in, and then i switched programs which then downgraded my position, was guaranteed a shedule that I completely formed my life around, then turned into no stability schedule-wise with not even 24 hour notice of shift changes after being on programs not under my job title, which I had not been properly trained, for 4.5 months. This company will try to push you until you break, and then some. If you want something family friendly, or something with mental and emotion stability, this is NOT the place for you. I would never put myself through that instability again.
Pros
Co-workers that turn into friends
Fun and Productive Workplace Somedays
CareLinx Care Adviser (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 25, 2015
There are a lot of distractions, you have to deal with temporary workers, poor management and an unclean environment

The hours are awful, no room for advancement. Terrible turn over rate
Do not work here
rep (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 19, 2015
To the point.
All boys company. If you aren't in with the top dogs, you are gone. So advancement is limited to how much you are willing to conform.
Management is extremely unprofessional.No HR in place, so managers who "Verbally" promise promotion based on se**** favors are not punished. There is no proof then.
They prey on people with no management experience. "We will promote you!" Then dangle that carrot until you either quit or sit back down as an agent.
I promise you, if you work for this company, you will regret it.
Pros
Having a paying job?
Cons
Everything.
Awful, horrible, terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IA and Cedar Rapids, IANovember 10, 2014
we were trained on a brand new position. were not told this. if the position did not work out financially with the company we would be left without a job. fortunately, it worked out for the company but at the expense of the employees. I was promoted to train new employees on the program since I was one of the first to every work on it and exceled at it. unfortunately, if they were not "turned around" after 2 trainings they would be fired. I was never given my raise that I was promised. we were referred to as the "slaves" of the head people on numerous accounts. it was all a verbatim script. which is fine...if they have answers for everything. they did not. we would get asked questions and have to avoid them or be wrote up for answering them when they are not in the script. we offered a trial period for 1.99 that you could cancel at anytime and not be charged after your 30 days. we found out this is a scam. you cannot cancel. the number that we gave to cancel was a dud. it would ring and ring with no one ever there to answer it. but we could not tell them that. it was an awful experience. I watched people that had worked for the company for 20 years be fired on this program. DO NOT WORK FOR CARDELLA!!
Cons
everything
Fun people to be around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 16, 2014
Thomas L. Cardella is a great place to start a career, but no benefits really and not enough guaranteed hours.
Horrible Management
NA (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 15, 2014
Management doesn't care about employees, only about making their money.
Maximum space and opportunity to expand.
Supervisor in Training/CSR Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 9, 2014
I work with TLCA for almost 2 yrs and enjoyed every day of it. Was given opprtunity to increase my job skills.
Cons
Conpany closed after several years of service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9