Thomas L. Cardella & Associates

Thomas L. Cardella & Associates Employer Reviews

Fun people to be around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 16, 2014
Thomas L. Cardella is a great place to start a career, but no benefits really and not enough guaranteed hours.
Horrible Management
NA (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 15, 2014
Management doesn't care about employees, only about making their money.
Maximum space and opportunity to expand.
Supervisor in Training/CSR Agent (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: conpany closed after several years of service.
I work with TLCA for almost 2 yrs and enjoyed every day of it. Was given opprtunity to increase my job skills.
Uncomfortable work environment, lousy management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaJune 18, 2014
Pros: fantastic co-workers
Cons: poor management, dissatisfactory benefits
I really don't mind and sometimes enjoy being a John Deere customer service representative at TLCA. My shift is for the most part constant, weekends off. My supervisor is wonderful, but my supervisors supervisor on the other hand, makes our workplace a hostile environment. I love the people I work with and like the fact that I've worked with a lot of the same people since I began the program over a year ago. I wouldn't want to be on any other program at TLCA, as I believe John Deere is one of the only, if not the only inbound customer service programs at TLCA. Oh, and the support from our client is great. They're always so helpful and willing to provide constructive criticism without making you feel like a complete idiot.
Horrible management, no consideration for employees or the law.
Inbound Call Representative (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers are friendly.
Cons: management, want results even if that means breaking the law.
When working at Thomas L. Cardella in Cedar Rapids, I sold identity theft protection for Wells Fargo. Sales were hard to make even at 25% due to the fact that customers couldn't verify their own identity, and because of this our manager thought it best to pass through sales anyway because he wanted our numbers up. I had an issue with this because it's illegal to do so especially for the product we are selling. I went to go and file a complaint and was fired for being biased towards the company and now I am unelligable for rehire.
Terriable leadership all throughout the company.
TSR (Former Employee), KeokukMay 22, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: no actual leadership, no stability, terrible hours, no benefits, untrustworthy lead management.
started off as a great business with good promises however none were followed up on. Was promised pay raises, insurance, stock options, promotions from within, paid holidays and certain holidays off. over the course of my four years all of those promises were either forgotten or withdrawn. Some supervisors were actually shows in based on who they know that's already a supervisor.
They do not keep there promises
Custmor service/ billing (Current Employee), Coralville, IAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: co-works.
Cons: everything
been there for 3 months now and been looking for another job. you do not learn anything through training and get screwed over in bonus because they "lose the paper work", sups do not help and when they get the chance to get people to go up they wait and wait and at time they can go up they don't do it. the co workers are about the only good thing there. my sup is very felxable with hour make up too if have to be gone a day. Over all I would not go there and you do not make what they say in bonus most ive made in it was 150.00 and that was only because they decided to comp us a bit for them "losing paperwork". There has been many compations Verizon does that we win and have yet to see any prices they said there would be other than hearing that they are sending to a another center because they have more people.
Growth
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee), Keokuk, IAJanuary 26, 2014
I love this company and the environment. I've learned that numbers and managing is a passion, not a job. This place has taught me so much about life and work and that there is no difference, in a good way.
Not A Career
sales representative (Former Employee), Coralville, IAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: unstable, no holiday pay, and lack of communication!!
TLC is a great place to work while looking for a job. I would never refer anyone to TLC if they are looking for stability and stable hours!! After being there for two years I seen more programs come and go than the employees. The turn over rate is huge there especially in the last 8 months.(Red Flag)

Other than that my co workers made the job worth coming to everyday since we had an attendance bonus!!!
Sales (Former Employee), Marshalltown, IAAugust 30, 2013
I would go into work and sit down and log in the computer and I would start taking calls for customers and sell Identity theft Protection
Lots of phone time.
US Bank Representative (Former Employee), Coralville, IAAugust 12, 2013
Working at a call center you get to work with a variety of people. I was able to learn a lot. Although lunch breaks never seemed long enough, you were always taken care of.
Productive environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coralville, IAMay 6, 2013
A typical day of work consists mainly of helping people sign up for their rebates from their online purchases. I would then have to upsell membership discount savings programs to them. We would have daily competitions for our conversions, as far as sales! The hardest part of the job is dealing with the most irate, disrespectful customer! The most enjoyable part of the job is conversing with coworkers to ease the irritation of customers!
Decent job, not a career path
TSR (Former Employee), IowaApril 17, 2013
Pros: decent pay, great co workers.
Cons: unstable, often sent home early or laid off temporarily
I worked for TLCA for almost a year. While for the most part the job itself wasnt too difficult- it wasnt very secure. Some programs were often times laid off and sent home early. They would switch you to different programs whether you were willing or not. Also, I lived an hour away and drove to and from every day... in the middle of a blizzard they expected me to be at work on time. It wasnt possible, but they threatened my job if I didnt make it. I did however love most of my co-workers, and it wasnt a hard job. Just long, boring, and unstable.
Good place to work but needs a lot of improvemnt
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), IowaJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: fun and fast paced work, decent pay for the agents if you consider the sales bonus, you can leard a skill that you get to keep and use for life.
Cons: middle management is over worked and under paid, hours are subject to change at all times, the best people are lost due to finding better paying jobs.
Overall I love the company. I started out on the phones and worked my way up to a supervisory position that had a relatively low salary (I actually took a pay cut due to the money I was making with my sales bonus). I learned how to run over a dozen different types of programs and several different kinds of employees. Due to the "get results no matter what" additude i was instilled with, I am now able to deliver results that friends of mine in similar positions for other companies couldn’t dream of doing.

I was there almost 3 years and I didn't move any further up and wasn't making much more than what I started with. One year due to financial issues no members of management received raises (which I was fine with because this was so our agents were able to still get the raises they deserve). When I finally got a raise it was 4% which is barely a cost of living raise. I had had to work a second job on and off just to ensure I have enough to live on.

Supervisors are responsible to making the company its money. They work one on one with the people on the phones and teach them the tools of the trade in order to be successful. If we fail we take all of the heat, and if we succeed we give the credit to the agents. A good supervisor in the company is priceless. I have seen a bad supervisor lose programs that lost the company not only money but good agents. And I have seen a good supervisor save programs and turn agents that should have been fired in the awesome agents. You would think that the company would recognize that and give them the compensation that type of work deserves.

Tom used to pride himself on only promoting from within. I had not had a manager in the center that was promoted from within in a long time. They have all been from outside the company. This would not have bothered me if we didn’t have anyone to promote, but I feel that we had people in house that could be trained to do the jobs they were giving away to outside help.
It was a very productive and fast pace work Place. Very family oriented and the upper management was very supportive when needed.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso TxDecember 28, 2012
Pros: really family oriented environment.
Cons: minimum pay, short breaks, sent home
I had a great experience while employed at Thomas L Cardella. I loved the fact that even the owner of the place would present himself at the site here and there for personal meetings. It is a very family oriented work place.
Don't get comfortable
Agent (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 11, 2012
Pros: good benefits, excellent co-workers
Cons: unstable hours and programs
The people I worked with were amazing and the management team, EVERY ONE OF THEM takes calls alongside the team. I loved that!! However, if you are hired for a specific position, EXPECT to be moved on and off to different programs without notice and with or without your willingness. The center director also does not really seem to know what he is doing. He is in it for billable hours and "sales", even though several of the programs are customer service programs without any sales requirements.
Just a Job
Telephone Account Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 28, 2012
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: low wages, poor job security
This is not the place to work if you are looking for a mentally stimulating environment, nor is it a place to advance your career. Here is a short list of issues I have with this place:

- The turnover rate is almost alarming, since employees can be fired on the whim of the "clients."
- Employees are treated as though they are criminals who haven't been convicted yet. We weren't allowed to have anything on our desks except one pen and one piece of paper, nor were we allowed to have personal items (including photos and kleenex).
- The wages are horrible, they pay basically minimum wage.
- We had to come in to work in a blizzard, even though the parking lot hadn't been plowed and most people couldn't make it into town. They said we would be fired if we didn't come in.
Summary for Thomas L Cardella
Call Center SPecialist (Former Employee), 2500 South Center stJanuary 8, 2012
Pros: attendance and conversion bounus.
Cons: sometimes the supervisors wouldn't do their job, so it made it somewhat difficult to do mine.
While working there I found it was a new challenge. I liked in many ways because I had gotten attached. The people were very nice to work with and the benifits and bonuses were a plus along with the help of insurance. I found that working for this company could be a little more work based than lesure.