THOMAS NELSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Great People to work with
Human Resouces Administrative Office Support (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 17, 2016
I had the best co-works. We all worked together very well they all were very helpful. They all were helpful in training me all their procedures at the College
Pros
Great People to work with..!!!!
Cons
I was only a contract worker employed by Caliper staffing
Beautiful location
Office & Administrative Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAApril 28, 2016
Excellent source for higher learning. The Hampton Roads location makes the school accessible to seven different cities. The most enjoyable part of the job is my commitment to helping the youth of tomorrow.
Pros
Convenient to restaurants, stores, banks etc.
Cons
N/A
No comment
Enrollment Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 7, 2016
I miss working with my co-workers and helping the students. I would not recommend this community college to further your education. I recommend TCC.
TNCC has a great learning environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 17, 2016
The instructors at TNCC were very helpful in teaching the students in what we needed to know for the work place. Having the classes at nght helped many students maintain a job while going to school.
Tncc
Administrative & Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 3, 2015
A nice place to work for, but I'm ready for advancement and to learn something new. At TNCC it is hard to get that opportunity.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Growth
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 11, 2015
always offers ideas to solve problems based on good information and sound judgment.
Displays initiative and enthusiasm during everyday work.
Conducts research or seeks counsel of experts to gather information needed in making actual decisions.
great
Adjunct Professor- Sociology (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 9, 2015
There is no full-time opportunity at the college, other-wise it's a great place to work. it's a very friendly environment, great staff and students.
Career Information Specialist
Career Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work was assisting the general public in job search assistance and career decisions through a process of company placed orientation and career counselling. I learned to expedite as many resources available to change the customer's circumstance of unemployment through company lay-off, RIF (Reduction-in-Force), and termination. Through the career center I provided job search assistance, information for federally funded education/training programs, career workshops and job fairs. Management was continually brainstorming by way of (bi-weekly) meetings to assist customers. The most difficult part of the job was the look on someone's face when they interviewed and were not selected. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing employment contacts and informing customers of their qualifications to receive education grants offered through the federal government.
Pros
Providing employment contacts.
Cons
Listening to customers who were financially stagnant, due to loss of employment.
Tncc
Office of the President (Former Employee) –  Exc. Ofc. Asst.July 29, 2015
Great place to work. It was my introduction into the field of education. I worked with faculty, staff and administrators. It was a great work experience.
Pros
Exposure to Higher Education
Rewarding, exciting, and productive
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 26, 2015
Thomas Nelson as an organization required excellent from the door. It was a highly stressful environment, but rewarding to see thing manifest in a good way of course. I would have love to been offered an continuing position there, but the universe didn't work in my favor. Overall, that is my alma mater and I will always be a T.N.C.C. gator.
Educational, Fun and Productive.
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 7, 2015
My typical work day consisted of meeting the students financial needed. I have learned to work at a fast pace and be more efficient for the job. My co-workers were awesome when it came to helping me learn my duties for the job. The hardest part of the job was delivering bad new to the student and their families. The most enjoyable part of the was helping students and their families.
Fun place to work!!
Work Study Student/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 23, 2015
An everyday typical day was always fun to work and the cohesion of all the co-workers was great. The only con about working here is that the compensation wasn't great to start off and hard to advance in the workplace.
Do not waste your time!
Administrative & Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 26, 2015
Management is not supportive little opportunity for advancement. Dead end job. Benefits package could be better. Work schedule is M-F 8am-5pm only perk. Apply some where else
TNCC is a great employer.
Instructional Developer/Lead Welding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 2, 2015
My work day varies from day to day. Most days start with me in the office replying to emails, coordinating things for the remainder of the week. I spend time visiting local industry partners assessing their training needs in order to help develop customized industry training. I conduct bi-weekly information sessions about programs offered in our organization. I serve as the Lead Welding Instructor, and I coordinate training schedules for all of our trades programs. I serve as the Quality Assurance Manager, and Test Supervisor for our American Welding Society Accredited Testing Facility.
I thoroughly enjoy seeing my customers satisfied, whether they are internal customers that I work with everyday, or external customers that I have developed a specialized curriculum for, and trained their current employees to enhance their skill set.
The modern learning experience, experienced here, with pride.
student (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 15, 2014
Excellent school, great teachers all the help or advice that you can take or want.
Pros
they stress, take advantage of all oppotunities, and they give them to you you.
Cons
everything done with computers.
Overall Great place
Office Specialist III and Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 5, 2014
Opening facility and letting our customers do their training. I do a lot of Data Entry. We rearrange room to the customer's liking, set up computers, and manage daily activities. I love my boss and my coworker.
Pros
love where i work and my coworkers
Cons
no advancement
friendly supportive teachers
Pharmacy Technician course work (Former Employee) –  hampton, VAJuly 1, 2014
the staff at TNCC is very helpful. i would go here again for further education
Thomas Nelson Community College
Student (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 30, 2014
Thomas Nelson Community College is an affordable Community College in Hampton, VA, serving the Hampton Roads community.
a community college in a suburb
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 30, 2014
Be prepared to work with a diverse group of students who are college-aged but are not really college-ready.
I really enjoyed my time in this work enviroment.
Dispatcher/Security Officer III (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 16, 2014
Great place to work! The work days there are never the same and you meet new and interesting people there everyday.
Pros
pays well
Cons
not enough pay raises

4.2