The role of the Transport Driver is to safely deliver products and render outstanding service to our customers. The Transport Driver reports to the Operations Manager.
************Transport Driver (Williston, ND)************
Thomas Petroleum Co. is also looking for reliable, hard working Transport Drivers available to work at our Williston, ND Terminal. Applicants must have a Class A, CDL license with Hazmat, tankers, doubles and triples endorsements. Liquid experience is required, cold weather driving experience is required, fuel experience is preferred. 4 Weeks on, 1 week off. Overtime over 40 hours and weekly pay. Affordable company housing is available. Call Kristen at (801) 397-8322 for more details.
Minimum Qualifications and Prerequisites:
- 2 + years experience of hauling bulk liquids is preferred.
- Must have a current CDL license with x endorsement (Tanker & HazMat certification)
- Has clean driving record for the last 3 years.
- Experienced commercial driver with Class A CDL (preferred) and TX Endorsements
- Must be 21 years of age in accordance with Section 391.11(b)(1) of FMCR
- Schedule must be flexible. May be asked to report to work early, stay late and/or work on weekends.
- Work day may range between 10 to 14 hours a day.
- Work week may not exceed 70 hours
- Some overnight or out of town travel may be required.
- Basic math and vocabulary - reading and writing
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal tactfully with others.
- Familiar with DOT Regulations
- Experience in a team-oriented work groups.
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, responsibilities, strategies, demands and timelines.
- Strong personal and customer service skills. Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, manage time, organize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- 1Conduct pre/post trip inspections of trucks and trailers, including the checking of tire pressures.
- 2Properly couple or uncouples combination units if equipment includes combination units
- 3Properly places the commercial vehicle in operation
- 4Properly uses the commercial motor vehicle’s controls and emergency equipment
- 5Operates the commercial motor vehicle in traffic and while passing other motor vehicles
- 6Use proper turning procedures while maneuvering the commercial vehicle
- 7Properly brakes and slows the commercial motor vehicle by means other than braking
- 8Properly Backs and parks the commercial motor vehicle
- Properly follows all DOT regulations, procedures and policies
- Accurately completes paperwork in a timely manner
- Proper use of safety equipment
- Responsible for safe and efficient loading and unloading of fuels, lubes and chemicals at our customer’s location(s).
- Follow the policies and procedures of our Customer’s operations and site
- Some mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Willingness to comply with company and customer safety rules
- Be able to present a professional appearance and attitude. Abide by the company Dress policy.
- Follow the Company’s accident and incident reporting procedures for any accident or spill on company property or third party’s property.
- Prior to doing a task, review procedures to determine the safest way of completing the task before conducting the task.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Must have and retain carding at designated racks.
- Follow proper designated routes to your destination.
- Keep the interior of the cab clean and free of clutter.
- Help maintain the exterior of the Transport, reporting any problems or issues and keep it clean.
- Use caution when maneuvering on and around the truck, platforms and tank at all times.
- Stay with the truck and equipment when loading and unloading - be visual and alert and do not become distracted from what you are doing.
- No smoking in or within 25’ of the vehicle or loading area according to DOT regulations.
- Follows all Haul Safe, Defensive Driving and Emergency and Evasive Maneuvering procedures and policies.
- When off loading to a tank, checks tank for proper ventilation, if it is pressurized, discharge caps, valves/connections, and emergency shut off valves.
- When off loading, checks tank to see if correct product will fit before unloading. Ensures the use of the right connections, and double checks to avoid product contamination or spills.
- If delivering to an H2S customer location/site, driver must be clean shaven to abide by the customer’s required safety policy that would require the wearing of a respirator in the event of an emergency.
- Carry their current medical card while on duty.
- Follow all posted speed limits and maintain a safe speed including during inclement weather
- Able to conduct minor repairs (headlights, clearance lights, equipment malfunction).
- Helps the team keep warehouse, loading/off loading areas, office and yard clean.
- Attends and participates in safety meetings, tailgate meetings and all business meetings even on scheduled days off.
- If a situation arises and a driver is unable to drive, they can be assigned to do other tasks other than driving (i.e. answering the phone, filing, inventory, dispatching, paint tanks, help the warehouse person)
- The Transport Driver may be asked to participate in any other related task or activity in which management determines his/her skills would be useful or needed.
- Must be able to safely enter the cab of truck, even when surfaces are slick.
- Physically able to lift up to 80 lbs. frequently
- Physically able to push/pull up to 150 lbs. frequently
- Physically able to sit and/or drive for long periods of time
- Physically able to climb a ladder
- Ability to work in and around chemicals and fuels
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with noise of engines, drilling rigs, pumps and equipment
- Able to stoop, bend, conduct work overhead for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions: rain, fog, ice, snow, wind and temperatures ranging from 10o to 100o+.
Indeed - 14 months ago