Thomas Petroleum Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 14, 2017
Poor management, double standards, broke HR laws, unfair treatment, verbally abusive manager, and poor pay.

Will never recommend a person to work here.
you have no time to play ping pong.
Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMarch 3, 2017
inspecting trucks and repairing them before they hit the road .that some driver can brake their truck so they do have to go out on the road,and manage ment sucks they think theyknow everything but they dont know boo,not being able to get the parts you need to fix the truck with,when you can get the parts to fix the trucks with and it works after you put the parts on.
Pros
knowing that we have a service or 2 do .
Cons
oil change superearly in the morning or after we get off from work
Not much to say
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Working hours are always changing. No confirmation or commitment from management or other employees. Too much management/employee favoritism.
Good Job with Great People
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I wish I could of stayed at this job longer. It was a great experience that taught me a lot of beneficial skills for the workplace. A typical day included greeting customers, answering phones, dispatching drivers, updating the delivery board, creating and printing driver's tickets, inventory control, organizing documents, creating or updating spreadsheets, etc.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally, free coffee, fun people to work with
Cons
Busy Busy BUSY!
Loved our company
Dispatcher/Customer Service/executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARSeptember 8, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Management was great, benefits were great and the employees were wonderful people to work with.
Miss Thomas
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 13, 2016
Great company. Merged and now the culture is gone.The new identity will be played out. So far not that great. Most of the people have been laid off including me. Very few original people.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Management very divided
Trained to be the best in the buisness
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARApril 29, 2016
Although Thomas Petroleum has now merged with another company, my origins started with TP. I was trained to understand that we do not tell the customer no. That accountability was necessary to make us all better. Safety was always first, last in everything we do. Although it was excruciating at times, that was because of the growing and stretching I did as a manager and person in the oil field. I will always owe my strong base of training due to Thomas Petroleum. I love and miss everyone from that group.
Pros
Strong accountability, room for advancement, safety minded.
Cons
Work load is heavy
Get the job done.
Pilot Thomas Logistics (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2016
When I started it was all about getting the job done. The people in lead positions talked about safety but didn't walk it. Trainers where the worse ones they did not follow DOT regulations. Lead mechanics would not want to fix trucks and would give you an attitude about having to do something.
Pros
Good money
Cons
lots of poeple trying to get you fired
A great place over all
Driver Fueler (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXJanuary 8, 2016
worked hard sometimes too hard but it was worth it. The hardest part was the changes from the merger and all the supervisor changes .

its not an easy job for anyon much less a female but I was always treated with repect.
Pros
Coworkers, catering, they supplied uniforms
Cons
all year all wether sometimes short handed
3 Star
Office Manager- All receptionist duties (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LADecember 23, 2015
Enjoyed my job and manager along with all employees.When a sight manager was brought in he was very outspoken about different races and also played favoritism with drivers to that effect
Pros
The actual job
Cons
The prejudice and discrimination
Strict Guidelines, Locked Doors, No windows
Senior Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 14, 2015
Busy work schedule. No windows or natural light, always under key pad lock. Favoritism played roll in managerial choices and other situations.
Work was great before the merger
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 22, 2015
I absolutely loved working here before the merger. After the merger the morale of the company went down as well. No support from HR when issues arise with upper management.
Family oriented company great place to work
Office Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LANovember 5, 2015
Answer phones input delivery tickets dispatch drivers. Kept up excel spreadsheets for inventory (match with sales for that day) and truck maintenance. All of the drivers and management were great to work with they were like family. I enjoyed working with these people very much. Really did not like dispatching but it was part of my job.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Insurance was very expensive
great company
fuel handler (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 2, 2015
was a great company to work for just had serious family matter. A typical day at work was very busy refueling equipment. Learned alot about the oil field industry. Management was great, co-workers were fun to work with. the hardest part about the job was working in server weather conditions. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
work weeks were not consitant some weeks you work alot and others maybe a couple of days
Great place to work very nice people
Office Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 22, 2015
Entered payroll, receivables and payables in to computer. Mailed out receivables and processed all of the payroll functions, included taxes and W-2's. This job was a full charge bookkeeper position.
Pros
Great office environment
Cons
They needed someone with more OCSG training
Company is ok.
Driver (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKJuly 20, 2015
Management was very bad and did not treat people fairly. Showed alot of favoritism to some guys. They payed certain guys sitting at home 50-60 hours of pay and shorted guys who worked there full shift. They will cap your hours at 20 a week for 4 weeks then lay you off.
Pros
Newer trucks, pay used to be good but now.....
Cons
mostly everything
Long Hours but Great Benefits
Warehouse/Frac Hand (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 20, 2015
Good Company but only if you are not a family man or looking for a *life outside of work. A lot of times, I would get off work, and barely make it home, get maybe 2-3 hours of sleep before getting called back in. If you had a job site that was 2 hours away, you would have to get up maybe 3 hours early just to get to work and make that drive. Many people were sleep deprived from it, sometimes only having 2 crew shifts, so you were maybe getting 5 hours of sleep. However the policy started to change just as I switch to warehouse, but I switched because of the sleeping problems. Most of the employees I worked with, between on Frac and Dispatch were always nice, and outgoing. They were sympathetic and were easy to respond to. All in all its a great company for money, and in the long run is perfect to retire from.
Pros
Alot of overtime, great pay
Cons
Long hours up to 18hour shifts, Always on call.
People were great to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxJuly 8, 2015
Worked around schedule most of the time. People were great, hectic at times, but fast paced which I like. Liked being outside sales, loved getting to know people and help them in any way I could. Schedule was very relaxed as long as the job got done.
Run
Frac Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenbrier, ARJune 10, 2015
When first hired on we were paid around $300 to $350 commission a day to fuel Frac sites, but upper management decided we were paid to much. They then supposedly took an average of our pay and gave us the hourly rate, but it did not equal the average pay, instead we all averaged $16 a hour. The management changed often, and if you brought up legitimate problem you were told to be quiet if you liked your job. There was no room for advancement and work life was a no go. Do not work here there are other places much better. Trust me!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
everything else
Nice place to work
Frac fuel technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 3, 2015
Good company before the merger with Pilot logistics. You are always on call and never know when you'll work or for how long. The work is easy and the hours onsite are long so the checks are good when you work.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hard to get paid correctly all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Petroleum. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7