Thomas Petroleum Employee Reviews in United States

Trained to be the best in the buisness
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARApril 29, 2016
Although Thomas Petroleum has now merged with another company, my origins started with TP. I was trained to understand that we do not tell the customer no. That accountability was necessary to make us all better. Safety was always first, last in everything we do. Although it was excruciating at times, that was because of the growing and stretching I did as a manager and person in the oil field. I will always owe my strong base of training due to Thomas Petroleum. I love and miss everyone from that group.
Pros
Strong accountability, room for advancement, safety minded.
Cons
Work load is heavy
Get the job done.
Pilot Thomas Logistics (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2016
When I started it was all about getting the job done. The people in lead positions talked about safety but didn't walk it. Trainers where the worse ones they did not follow DOT regulations. Lead mechanics would not want to fix trucks and would give you an attitude about having to do something.
Pros
Good money
Cons
lots of poeple trying to get you fired
A great place over all
Driver Fueler (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXJanuary 8, 2016
worked hard sometimes too hard but it was worth it. The hardest part was the changes from the merger and all the supervisor changes .

its not an easy job for anyon much less a female but I was always treated with repect.
Pros
Coworkers, catering, they supplied uniforms
Cons
all year all wether sometimes short handed
3 Star
Office Manager- All receptionist duties (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LADecember 23, 2015
Enjoyed my job and manager along with all employees.When a sight manager was brought in he was very outspoken about different races and also played favoritism with drivers to that effect
Pros
The actual job
Cons
The prejudice and discrimination
Strict Guidelines, Locked Doors, No windows
Senior Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 14, 2015
Busy work schedule. No windows or natural light, always under key pad lock. Favoritism played roll in managerial choices and other situations.
Work was great before the merger
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 22, 2015
I absolutely loved working here before the merger. After the merger the morale of the company went down as well. No support from HR when issues arise with upper management.
Family oriented company great place to work
Office Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LANovember 5, 2015
Answer phones input delivery tickets dispatch drivers. Kept up excel spreadsheets for inventory (match with sales for that day) and truck maintenance. All of the drivers and management were great to work with they were like family. I enjoyed working with these people very much. Really did not like dispatching but it was part of my job.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Insurance was very expensive
great company
fuel handler (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 2, 2015
was a great company to work for just had serious family matter. A typical day at work was very busy refueling equipment. Learned alot about the oil field industry. Management was great, co-workers were fun to work with. the hardest part about the job was working in server weather conditions. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
work weeks were not consitant some weeks you work alot and others maybe a couple of days
Great place to work very nice people
Office Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 22, 2015
Entered payroll, receivables and payables in to computer. Mailed out receivables and processed all of the payroll functions, included taxes and W-2's. This job was a full charge bookkeeper position.
Pros
Great office environment
Cons
They needed someone with more OCSG training
Company is ok.
Driver (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKJuly 20, 2015
Management was very bad and did not treat people fairly. Showed alot of favoritism to some guys. They payed certain guys sitting at home 50-60 hours of pay and shorted guys who worked there full shift. They will cap your hours at 20 a week for 4 weeks then lay you off.
Pros
Newer trucks, pay used to be good but now.....
Cons
mostly everything
Long Hours but Great Benefits
Warehouse/Frac Hand (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 20, 2015
Good Company but only if you are not a family man or looking for a *life outside of work. A lot of times, I would get off work, and barely make it home, get maybe 2-3 hours of sleep before getting called back in. If you had a job site that was 2 hours away, you would have to get up maybe 3 hours early just to get to work and make that drive. Many people were sleep deprived from it, sometimes only having 2 crew shifts, so you were maybe getting 5 hours of sleep. However the policy started to change just as I switch to warehouse, but I switched because of the sleeping problems. Most of the employees I worked with, between on Frac and Dispatch were always nice, and outgoing. They were sympathetic and were easy to respond to. All in all its a great company for money, and in the long run is perfect to retire from.
Pros
Alot of overtime, great pay
Cons
Long hours up to 18hour shifts, Always on call.
People were great to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxJuly 8, 2015
Worked around schedule most of the time. People were great, hectic at times, but fast paced which I like. Liked being outside sales, loved getting to know people and help them in any way I could. Schedule was very relaxed as long as the job got done.
Run
Frac Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenbrier, ARJune 10, 2015
When first hired on we were paid around $300 to $350 commission a day to fuel Frac sites, but upper management decided we were paid to much. They then supposedly took an average of our pay and gave us the hourly rate, but it did not equal the average pay, instead we all averaged $16 a hour. The management changed often, and if you brought up legitimate problem you were told to be quiet if you liked your job. There was no room for advancement and work life was a no go. Do not work here there are other places much better. Trust me!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
everything else
Nice place to work
Frac fuel technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 3, 2015
Good company before the merger with Pilot logistics. You are always on call and never know when you'll work or for how long. The work is easy and the hours onsite are long so the checks are good when you work.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hard to get paid correctly all the time
Was an excellent company to work for until they merged with Pilot
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 26, 2015
Thomas Petroleum was an excellent company to work for. Managers cared about their employees. Management was always on hand to help with all types of concerns and problems.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Merged with Pilot
Family Oriented
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria TexasMay 5, 2015
the schedule was very flexible, but demanding due to deadlines. this job taught me how the corporate/everyday office world works.
Great job to have
Outside Rig Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LouisianaApril 29, 2015
It was a wonderful job. I loved the incredible learning experience. The sales people were more like family than co-workers. The bosses took time to talk to the sales people and took care of any questions or issues that were pressing.
Pros
Great interaction with fellow employees and customers
Cons
Lots of driving time getting to land rigs.
Don't work for Pilot Thomas Logistics
Frac Fuel Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 18, 2015
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management is awful to work with and refuses to put in the time and effort needed to run the company efficiently. Management is unethical and many of them have not been in the oil and gas industry before and have no clue about the work environment.

The hours have been reduced drastically from about 100 hours a week to 12 or less making it difficult to make a living.

Pay is constantly incorrect and time cards are handled in a very unprofessional manner. The turnover at this company is awful due to the lack of a productive and efficient work environment.
Pros
Any other job you get after this one will be a step up.
Cons
No hours, bad management
Very friendly, environment easy to work.
Fuel Frac Technician (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKApril 14, 2015
12 hour days very calm, Learned mostly about safety and different types of petroleum and which trucks and engines are aloud to have the specific fuel. And why trucks are aloud to travel with each kind of fuel legally.
Pros
Non stressful
Cons
Fuel Hauling (Frac fueling)
Fuel Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 2, 2015
Being at Thomas Petroleum was great experience for me. Especially the billing portion of the driver position that I held. The lessons I learned about transporting fuel and chemicals is something that I will always vaule. However the unstable schedule was very difficult to adjust to.
Pros
competitive wage, nice live quarters, & up to date tractors
Cons
Unstable scheduling, no retirement package.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Petroleum. Our community is ready to answer.