Thomas Publishing Company Employee Reviews

TPCo.
Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
Thomas Publishing helped me become a was a great experience. It was a family like environment but hard working environment. I would recommend working at this company.
Poorly managed, failing company
Editor (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Company is stuck in the past, with every "state of the company" annual address harping on successes of the company prior to online search and digital media. Extremely high employee turnover. Borderline sociopathic middle management - seems to be a personality trait desired for those who advance. Extremely cliquey work environment where merit is ignored in favor of social status among the "in crowd."
Great family company
Data Entry Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Company celebrated over 100 years of being in business and I was very fortunate to be there to celebrate it with them.
Great people but trapped in staid office environment and morale
Editor-in-Chief, ThomasNet News (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: straight-shot commute, autonomy, chance to lead a team, salary
Cons: neighborhood and lunch options, office in need of renovation, morale
If it were not for a few close team members and colleagues, I would have considered leaving, despite being promoted and receiving a raise within a year by my immediate manager. The condition of the office is borderline deplorable, though it appears renovation work has begun to give it a refresh if not major facelift. Colleagues are great, though management seems removed. Position granted much-appreciated autonomy to fulfill responsibilities and allowed self-sufficiency and creativity. Position allowed for development of management and people skills.
Coworkers were fantastic, Supervisor as well.
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2014
I was very eager to start work so I found myself getting there most of the time before the supervisor. I slowed that down because of regulations about not working until my set time to work so that she would not receive any backlash. Enjoyed the atmosphere, the culture of being in New York, born and raised there and the fast past goings on at lunch time. Sometimes I would stay in my cubicle because it was a little overwhelming at times. I enjoy working. Especially with people who are working just as diligently as I am.
Good place to work in.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 9, 2012
Pros: amazing company that cares about their customers.
Cons: once you are in a position be prepared to be in that position for a very long time, no room to move up the latter
I started as a file clerk and moved my way up to production Coordinator/Graphic Designer. Great place to work in with great benefits and end of the year bonus.
Great place to work.
Intellectual Property Admin. (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2012
Pros: balanced work life.
Cons: lots of lay offs.
Great place to work. Large company but feels like family. Great location.