Thomas Employee Reviews

A typical day
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2017
Busy, uncomfortable, attitudes. However, the love and passion for children brings happiness. The management was poor. The building barely had air during the summer time.
Benefits
Cons
Unfairiness
I like my co-workers
Production Artist/Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 12, 2017
Management is a joke. Never had a production meeting. Atmosphere is laid back since management doesn't like to work.
I like going home at end of day.
Pros
Used to be a good place to work
Cons
No longer a good place to work
Fun group
Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  WestbookNovember 27, 2016
friendly people!
TEAM WORK!
great training!
great management!
Taking patient calls to make payments over the phone.
just not challenging for me.....
Pros
Team work
Cons
Good CPA Firm to work for.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 26, 2016
If you just finished college and are looking for a foot in the door, this is a great place to start. Lots of training available. The pay is pretty good, but benefits, not so much. All the directors except one are pretty nice and professional.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A female director micromanages the employees alot.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 22, 2016
I love working for Thomas, Conrad and Conrad. It is a great place to work and the Attorneys are very nice. Attorney Conrad is very understanding and throughout all of the years that I have worked for him, we have developed an amazing friendship.
fun work place
Landscape Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 11, 2016
great people fun workplace time off overtime employer is great with time management so if you need a day off you can ask. moving up in the company takes some time
Great Company, Wonderful Atmosphere and Growth Opportunity
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2016
Each day is different so you will never be bored. The training program is very hands on and you have smaller classes for more one on one interaction. The management team is great and extremely helpful and knowledgeable of each position within the company. The employees are also helpful and professional at all times. The most rewarding part of this job is the amount of experience you obtain in a short period of time. There are always challenges but like any job what you put into it determines your success.
Great learning exerience
Combo Welder (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, LAApril 27, 2016
Being able to weld in different plants on different types of pipes, flanges, alloys, such as stainless and chrome, was a great learning experience.
Great place to work with attorneys.
Head (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2015
Busy workplace with long hours. Paying to details is a big deal. Working with attorney, courts, and clients, but this is expected in a law firm.
Pros
Paid time off, company dinners, free lunch, and big bonuses.
Cons
Long hours, very short breaks, dealing with irate clients.
Very productive workplace with ethical, kind and caring partners and co-workers. A wonderful place to spend my entire career.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 23, 2015
Very productive workplace with ethical, kind and caring partners and co-workers. A wonderful place to spend my entire working career.
Pros
small workplace with family-like atmosphere
Great Office
Administration Assistant/ Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 21, 2015
I loved this job, sorry I had to leave, but it was a busy decision. Great team, great office, attorney's are wonderful. Treat you well in all areas.
Looked forward to going to work everyday
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 27, 2015
I would still be there is they had not been bought out. I enjoyed the work environment, and the people. Everyone was always pleasant.
Pros
Time to take care of your family
Cons
Family first, then work no matter what.
Event Director (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MarylandFebruary 9, 2015
gives you an entrepreneur experience. work independently to get the job done. Hassle free workplace and friendly family like envirenment
Enjoyable Law Firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 10, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company. Eveyday was was fun, exciting and something new. Even with just being a typical legal secretary, there was something new everyday.
Fast Paced CPA Firm
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 24, 2014
This was a highly demanding job, especially during tax season. All and all, I was able to grow as both an employee and individual and through this experience gained valuable knowledge which has helped me further my career.
Top Notch Accounting Firm
Office Assistant/Runner (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 14, 2014
Thomas Howell Ferguson offered a good work environment. They do everything with professionalism and have a great job culture. My position was limited in pay and advancement opportunities unless I wanted to be an Accountant. I am more interested in working with people and looking for opportunities to pursue a real estate career.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Limited pay and advancement opportunities
Excellent law firm.
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 13, 2014
If you have an opportunity to work here, you will be a fool to pass it up. Like most small firms they don't hire often- but the experience is immensely valuable.
Daily field service duties in all weather conditions
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work included, signing on to the site (GTECH) for assigned field duties, repairing specific problems on site, performance maintenance on all equipment, delivering needed supplies and taking inventory. I learned working with this company different task and informational programs that needed to be installed for upgrades on the system. How to install satellites as well as, remove them along with the machines and other equipment. I also learned how to install all equipment. Management was a continuous change and learning to deal with different managers and their expectations was a challenge. The co-workers were great to work with and very helpful at certain times. The hardest part of the job was climbing up the latter and trying to get the equipment up the ladder without injuries. The most enjoyable part was completing and closing out a call everyday.
On call a lot paid little
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 16, 2014
Typically you will drive around the state of Illinois all day for your shift getting paged calls to service equipment at Lottery retailers. You will get very little training in how to actually fix certain problems involving the machines it is mostly trial and error. Any day there is an install of Lottery services or the company decides to fire somebody that helps cover your area you have to be on call to cover the service of those retailers almost constantly. You WILL NOT be paid for your time while you are on call unless you service a retailer while on call and you will be reprimanded if you do not respond to a call while on call even though the people getting paid to watch the calls while your on call do not actually do any of that you will still be reprimanded no excuses.
Pros
Self Managed, Laptop, Cell Phone, Company Vehicle
Cons
On call constantly and the pay
Productive work group and good experience building.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 6, 2014
This was a great opportunity to build work experience in the field and develop good troubleshooting skills on various equipment. Work hours varied with shifts including: 6am-2pm, 9am-5pm, and 12pm-8pm, with overtime pending on call volume. I would begin each shift from home, having calls paged through a mobile application, and GPS assistance to travel to each call. Each technician was responsible for maintaining the inventory of parts on their van by stopping at the local parts depot to pick up new parts and drop off bad. Reports were filed through a mobile application for each call, as well as a field report that was signed by each retailer when a call was finished, and a compilation weekly report covering calls and inventory that was due at the end of each work week. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was traveling all over northern Illinois from retailer to retailer, and maintaining relations with a variety of different store owners while servicing their equipment.
Pros
Traveling, meeting new people, working with equipment
Cons
Work on holidays including Christmas, lots of mandatory overtime