THOMASVILLE HOME FURNISHINGS Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace.
Sander (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work would be working with others to get a task done. Hand sand all furniture for top quality. Inspect for any damage on furniture before it gets shipped off.
Ideal administrative position
Operations Administator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTNovember 4, 2014
I enjoyed all aspects of my job.
I experienced challenges with various Managers and designers.
Pros
adminstrative duties
Cons
long commute
Excellent group of people to work with.
Sales and assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlJuly 10, 2014
First thing would be to review my prospects from the day before then call each guest and thank them for coming in and ask if they had any questions about their visit? Any questions about our special finance specials or the collections they were looking at.Once again offering my assistance that i can give them.
The hardest part was getting the merchandise delivered. making sure everything was in excellent shape and not damaged.
The most enjoyable part of my job was a satisfied customer.
Pros
bonus when we made the president club for being the top sales person for the month
Great Job , great company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 16, 2014
I loved working for this company. The management, staff etc.. were wonderful.

Very creative, very challenging.
Very competitive no team atmosphere. 100% commission
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Being an interior designer is a very fulfilling career, however, in the environment of Thomasville Home furnishings it becomes extremely competitive. There is unfortunately no team environment within the company and no real room for growth.
Pros
enjoying what i do and helping people create their homes.
Cons
100% commission
Great furniture and selections
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs , Fl.November 29, 2013
Great job; no Benefits. Straight forward sales job, little design work, no real volume in accessories. Draperies were done out side of business. Management respected you as professional and a person. Co-workers were professional as well. The most difficult part of the job was no support other than Furniture and lamps. I enjoyed the Thomasville product! Great working hours; not open after 7pm.
Pros
quailty for less
Cons
no benefits
Company product quality was poor which lead to many customer service issues
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 10, 2013
Highly competitive commission sales environment. Competative and not team oriented. Stressful.
A great place with great people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 10, 2013
I loved working here and in a way I regret leaving but it was time for me to move on. I loved everyone who worked there and to this day I still go back to visit. I grew great relationships with many of our customers with in turn made them come back. I got all of the basics on customer service, purchasing,and many other traits, Most days were great there although some were rough (but when is everything perfect).
Pros
great people who appreciate each other
Cons
its the furniture business, money could be good or bad
Very good company to work for until the economy slump
Sales Representative/Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTSeptember 26, 2012
Difficult to rely on a commision based pay when you are head of household. When the economy fell times were hard for all
Pros
wonderful people and surroundings
Cons
uncertainty of montly pay
Demanding job with long hours but allowed for creativity.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 22, 2012
Upon opening the store, I would run all reports concernng previous sales and merchandise coming and going from the store that day and make sure the drawer balanced.
I was responsible for all aspects of running a store - from ordering supplies to merchandising to training and coaching personel.
I would handle customer questions and concerns until all was satisfied.
I worked 55 hours a week.
The merchandising part of the job allowed for me to be creative.
I have customer knowledge and design skills that I could teach my employees.
Pros
my design skills were used and taught.
Cons
long hours.
great product, inconsistant management
Interior Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 17, 2012
The New Jersey locations are independently owned. A lot of great people working very hard, with very little support or compensation.
Professional Work Environment, Very Busy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2012
A typical at Thomasville for me was really busy from the time I get there to the I leave, I was the receptionist for Thomisville, Drexel Heritage, Sleep Studio, and Bijan Rug Gallery. My resposibilities included answering a multi-line phone, transferring calls to employees phone or another extension, keeping count of how many customers would come in, and keeping up counts. At Thomaville I learned customer service skills, how to run a reception desk, how to keep organized, cumputer skills, phone etiquette, and the importance of listening to customers and responding.
Pros
being able to help customers, i loved working with my co-workers, and working in a professional environment
Cons
not enough hours
Thomasville is a good company to work for. It is fun selling the product and advising the client's about their design needs.
DESIGN CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2012
I enjoyed working at Thomasville. The job can be stressful, but there is opportunity to sell.
Pros
wonderful staff, great hours for retail.
Cons
not enough time for breaks, stressful.
Poorly managed company, expensive health insurance plan
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 31, 2011
The company is poorly managed, the health insurance is very expensive and the coverage is lacking, very high turnarounds for employees and management, company morale is down, product and customer service is severely lacking professionalism. Numerous BBB claims made by frustrated costumers who could not get results from management.
Pros
co-workers were great