Thompson Construction Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Roofing
Lead Crew Manager- Building (Current Employee) –  Sudlersville, MDNovember 23, 2016
This job completely sucks. The boss doesnt even work half time, doesnt tell anyone the hours and such to work or where we are working at. The pay is really not great. I will not be back
Family Oriented Company and employer was very good to all employees.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LANovember 16, 2016
Very family oriented as in family came first. Would work with us if a family emergency happened and would help in any way possible. Very good atmosphere to work in. I would not have left if times hadn't gotten slow and i was asked to retire early. I agreed as I didn't want the younger girls to lose hours.
Pretty much a joke of a company
Combo Welder (Current Employee) –  Osceola, AROctober 16, 2016
I have worked for Thompson for almost a year. The only reason being is I'm close to home. They have no management what so ever. For example they will put inworkers as pipe foreman's. You give them 100% and they really don't care. Benefits are in place if you want to spend a chuck for them. I do enjoy working with most of my coworkers but supervision is terrible and makes it hard to stay. Good luck to anyone that works for them. I'm fixing to move on to a different job since I can no longer put up with the bs. Like one day I dragged welding lead back and forth for 6 hrs never striking a arc, then put me on a hot job that had to be done ASAP, but took 3 hrs to get the parts to weld. This is just a little of the bs you will deal with. They will also tell you tons of lies to get you to stay, but I wouldn't believe none of them.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything you can imagine
Good Place to start
PIPE FITTER/HELPER (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCJune 13, 2016
Great place to start working and stay working if you are interested in the ins and outs of construction, plenty of opportunity for advancement in whichever field you go into
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Scheduling
Awesome
Operator of Heavy Equipment, Dirt (Current Employee) –  Enola, ARMay 9, 2016
great place to work for and great boss people to have around at all times and trustworthy very family orinented and down to earth about everything could not ask for a better companty
interesting company
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 9, 2016
Working for Thompson Construction Group as an HVAC Technician was interesting. Performed HVAC Maintenance at the site of a steel mill. Working in the environment of a steel mill is very demanding and you always have to keep safety first. Working for Thompson itself was not an enjoyable experience for me due to many company flaws, Dead end job with poor benefits and no job security. Working on the HVAC equipment inside the steel mill was always a pleasure because the inside temperature gets extremely hot due to the process of steel making, so it was always a since of accomplishment to bring the system back up to provide cool air to the workers.
Pros
Proper tools and equipment were always onsite to do the job correctly.
Cons
no job security, poor benifits, pay and management. no training
Great place to work with great people, fun times
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 24, 2016
Solving customer problems, interacting with customer, suppliers, and employee's. paperwork, computer work , phone calls etc
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard work
Good compensation
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 17, 2016
Good people, growing company, challenging, service oriented, customers always right. Can do attitude, Supportive, great supervision, Home office people are great.
First real job
SR. LABORER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2016
This was my first real job where I had to physically work really hard and with a big team. Makes you understand the value of a dollar
Concrete Foreman (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARFebruary 14, 2016
Work with a good group of people in a safe productive environment. Management was understanding and helpful. The per diem was sufficient for the job.
productive
Administrative Professional (Current Employee) –  Portland, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Enjoy working for Thompson Construction, management and my co-workers are great people.
Although it is a fast paced environment, everyday here is enjoyable .
Pros
learning experience form start of project to- the end
Very productive and safe work environment
Certified Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 7, 2015
This was a very safe and productive place to work. Free lunches were provided for each year being recordable free. although poor personal relations between management and employees.
Bends over for clients
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 16, 2015
lots of attention to client without concern of treatment of employees. Will bend over backwards to please the client and will take here say at face value without investigation
Co-workers are the best
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 26, 2015
Thompson is very stable when it comes to job security. The job isn't complicated so anybody could work here. People tend to overly love this job because of the great benefits as well.
it was a good job. I met new people and lerned something new everyday. Plues i lerned how to get up on time and get to work.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2015
build littlie house and places to store things. Paint the walls and remodel stuff,
Fire Watch/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 21, 2015
Job was great co workers were always getting things done. Instructions were always clear and safety meetings were informative.
productive and fun place to work
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 3, 2015
This job helped me learn a lot about what was in my degree plan and there was some great people there that didn't mind teaching me all there was to know.
growing family owned Construction Company
Payroll Administrator & Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 29, 2015
I maintain weekly payroll for 300+ people, other typical administrative work is required. I've assisted on compiling information for bidding projects. I've become proficient in Microsoft Excel and word.
Pros
smaller company with low turn over
Cons
no upward mobility
Family Run
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarkesville, GAMarch 10, 2015
Family Company that closed when the Economy went bad. Was able to meet new people and work from home when needed. We closed in January of 2008 and have missed it ever since.
enjoyable group of people to be around
boilermaker (Former Employee) –  moorseville scJanuary 22, 2015
its easy to go to workwhen you enjoy being around the people you work with .never a dull moment always something to do even if you are not sure how to do the task theres someone there to help and show you how and what you are doing . learning something new almost everyday .hardest part of my job was heavy lifting and the extreme heat inside a boiler unit

Thompson Construction Group, Inc. Reviews by Location