Thompson Engineering

Thompson Engineering Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work.
Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 3, 2014
I learned a lot during my internship with Thompson Engineering. The people are great and very helpful. It is a wonderful company that gets involved in the community.
Productive and great place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day would be answering phones, assist with Engineers and Office Manager with any needs they may have. Filing, ordering supplies, any deliveries that need to be made, etc.
I have learned how to do invoicing and the importance of getting invoices from subs and others on a timely basis.
The management is great and very personable.
Co-workers are great to work with.
I can not think of anything on my job that is extremely hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am not micro-managed. The Office Manager is great to work with.
Temporary field supervisor for tornado debris cleanup.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Calhoun County, ALJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great pay!
Cons: work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. job was temporary.
Field Supervisor
- train ROW & ROE monitors
- survey PPDR
- survey culverts, stumps and leaning trees
Great place to work.
Reptionist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 3, 2013
Thompson was a great place to work. The atmosphere was friendly and family like. Due to the economy lay offs became necessary. Many people have lost their jobs and if they are lucky they will find another company with the same qualities as Thompson.
Top of the State in Construction Engineering Inspection for DOT.
Construction Engineering Inspector (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: outdoor work, company truck, great benefits with matching 401k
Cons: some night work
Ensured delivery of a quality project to the DOT through quality assurance inspection of all aspects of a large roadway construction project including clearing & grubbing, drainage structures, erosion control, subgrade, utilities relocation, bridge construction, and asphalt placement etc.

I learned all aspects of DOT specifications and standard drawings. I became very skilled in interpreting roadway construction drawings and standard drawings. I was able to develop and effectively use communication skills with contractors and clients. I also was able to construct formal missives for DOT approval. I also gained experience in the field office with monthly estimate, document control, and construction quantities.
Great people to work with
Training and Support Representative (Former Employee), Riverside,CAAugust 1, 2013
Great people to work with. Learned great customer relation skills.
Educational, enjoyable work environment
CAD Operator (Former Employee), Charlestown, MAOctober 2, 2012
Every day was a new opportunity to learn a little more about electrical engineering, and the preparation of Construction Documents.

The relaxed work environment was comfortable, yet very productive.
Fun and Educational place to work
Electronics Assembler /Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2012
Pros: great pay and hours
Cons: healthcare
Typical day of work consist of assembling a system from start to finish then programmed and tested the system and have it ready for delivery and installation. great co-workers very helpful and we always worked as a team
Great people, family orientated, great reputation within the industry
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Cottage Hill Road, Mobile, ALJune 28, 2012
Pros: travel, conference, and additional training opportunities
Cons: distance to work
A typical day of work for me includes supporting the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Legal Officer with various duties throughout the day. While at Thompson I have had the opportunity to meet many clients that I have formed a relationship with. The company is very family orientated, and cares about their employees. The hardest part of my job is knowing confidential information that cannot be disclosed to other employees (such as a termination, etc.). I feel very close to most of my co-workers and knowing information that will affect them, is discerning. However, it is part of my job so I comply. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to travel with my boss for client meetings, employee meetings, etc. I enjoy getting a chance to know our field employees. Thompson overall is a great place to work.