Thompson Health Employee Reviews

Good Place To Work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYAugust 10, 2016
Friendly staff are the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part is saying goodbye to residents that you are attached to. A typical day at work includes : Managing care for 42 residents and supervising Certified Nursing Assistants. Medication passing, order reconciliation, running reports, assisting with resident's activities of daily living. Training of new associates.
Pros
shift differential
Cons
unsafe working conditions
stressful
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 19, 2016
very stressful environment, pay is not suitable compared to other facilities, management is not ideal, benefits are reasonable
Autonomy
Cardiology Technician / Department of Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 5, 2016
I love my job and the team I work with: We have an extremely hard working group of people who truly care for people and patients which is extremely important to me. I love each and every patient we stress test in Cardiology! The culture at Thompson Health is very relaxed and comfortable. My leaders are incredible people and I have the utmost respect for them. I am thankful that I am able to work in such a wonderful environment with a great group of health care workers. It is a true blessing !! There is NO hard part: I am passionate for what I do: if there is hard part it is knowing someone is very sick and we have to react to the illness in a sensitive way with empathy and compassion.
Pros
Culture, Autonomy, Education and Leadership
Cons
Not much growth potential or Wage increases
Clark Meadows
personal care aide (Former Employee) –  personal care aideJanuary 22, 2016
Enjoyed working w/ the elderly however,did not enjoy working for the Manager who was hostile to the staff and the residents.Many staff members had quit while I was there do the AWFUL behavior of this Manager.There was no one to turn to so pretty much you had no choice to find another job.
Pros
Many hours but not enough staff.
Cons
hostile manager
Former employee(Ferris Hills)
pca (Former Employee) –  Ferris HillsAugust 27, 2015
Working w/ the elderly was great and rewarding,they become like family.The nursing staff made their own rules and push them onto the aides along w/ the manager.The manager will yell at employees in front of others,very unorganized,lovely facility,would not return to this job would recommend working at the hospital.
busy, team work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMay 2, 2013
Came in in the morning got patients up bathe and dressed for the day. Monitor thier needs through out the day, provided nurishments . Transport them to appointments within the facility. Helped them set up and and eat meals. Took vital signs, and documented intake/ output.Report changes in patients behavior to nurse in charge.
Pros
incemtives when working over time or picking up extra shifts. free meal, movie tickets
Cons
day can be so busy that sometimes we missed our 15 min breaks
Lots of hours!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYAugust 29, 2013
where to start, I worked evening and went non stop from 3-11, lots to do, lots of residents and needy. management was horrible!!! co-workers... everyday nursing drama. the hardest part was being able to keep up and my reward was my residents, the are all happy and very pleasant... they all became family!
Pros
lots of OT, good pay for OT, incentives, free parking, on site helpful security.
Cons
short staffed, management
Great workplace however needs some work in the management department
Patient Care Tech. This (Current Employee) –  HospitalAugust 22, 2015
Loved my job and what I did, however I was not happy with managers playing the favorites game. I felt like when I really needed help there was never anyone to turn to.
Fun Atmosphere
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMarch 25, 2013
working in the Emergency Room overnight was amazing. After you change your internal clock to match. I learned tons of point of care testing and vitals. How to draw blood and laboratory testing.

Co-workers are the best.
Hardest part of the job was the human aspect of life and death.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
nocturnal life
Fast growing and paced
LPN (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua NYFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoy working with in the Thompson family and have grown myself.
I have learned to use Medent, T System and McKesson systems.
I have worked Urgent Care and the family practices.
Pros
Flexible schedules, accesibiltiy to management
Cons
Room for growth in position
Satasfied
Weekend Operator (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Working at Thompson Health has been a great career change for me and I thoroughly enjoy my position. I get 6 weeks full time paid training for my per diem hired shift which is a great benefit for employees!
Pros
Garenteed shift
management looking more at numbers than patient care
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canandaguia, NYApril 1, 2014
management looks at numbers not what is best for the patient, Lots of nurses have there own agenda, some lack team spirit and want to be a chief all of the time not indians
Good Place
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Great people and place to work for. The benefits are excellent to get when working there long enough. The works days can be extremely busy but it helps the time pass.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompson Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8