Thompson Hine LLP Employee Reviews

Great Place to work but lots of stress
Systems Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Great Place to work but lots of stress. I really dont need to type a review about this yet it seems to be mandatory so here I am typing until I meet the minimum character requirement.

Its a fine place to work but too much politics that impedes on quality of service.
Pros
Great Place to work but lots of stress
Cons
Great Place to work but lots of stress
LEGAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2017
Thompson Hine is a good place to work if you like to be challenged and pushed to industry standards. There is no room for advancement unless you have a college degree.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many administrators
Law firm intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Thompson Hine LLP was one of the most interesting jobs I ever had, I learned so much while being an intern. I loved the work environment everything was run very smoothly and the coworkers were respectable, I never thought I could learn how to file, and enter data into a computer that fast and complete as much as I did.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Quiet
Would not suggest
Professional Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2015
In my opinion, the Firm represents themselves very differently from what they are truly about. There is no work/life balance, pay is below average, and benefits are awful.
Nice Law Firm
Staff Attorney (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJune 16, 2015
Nice law firm environment. High billable hour requirement. I have received good experience here. Nice people, decent culture. Unclear path to promotions.
Not a happy place for staff
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2015
The culture in this firm is very outdated, the staff positions offer no room for growth and there are no merit-based incentives. The secretarial staff who have worked at the firm long term are older and unhappy, with low skill levels and no desire to learn new things. The office is under staffed in terms of support, and one secretary can be assigned up to 6 attorneys. The main office is in Cleveland and the firm is not up to date in terms of technology and policies, making administrative functions difficult and time consuming. Word processing and office service/mail and copy room support is very poor. Management is rather demeaning towards employees, in that the staff are treated like children. There is little or no opportunity to take on project based work and personal conscientiousness is not acknowledged. If you're a college graduate this is not a job for you.
Pros
ten personal/sick days, affordable health insurance, occassional 15 minute chair massages offered to the entire office
Cons
no merit based raises, no bonuses, no 401K contributions, 3 weeks vacation only after 5 years, no flex time or telecommuting
Great IT team
Practice Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2014
Thompson Hine has a great work culture. They have a great IT team and management. The lawyers and staff are very professional.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Interesting Place to Work
Project Management Consultants (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2014
I enjoy the exciting atmosphere and projects that we are involved with.
Excellent job but work has slowed.
Trademark Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2013
I enjoy my job. I work for the same attorney I have worked for 20 years, but work has slowed. I work well with my co-workers. I am a self-starter and my attorney/boss allows me to run the docket independently and create letters and online filings with little direction. I am concerned at the recent lack of work which is the only reason I am applying online.
Pros
Excellent personal relationships with everyone I work with. I enjoy challenging work.
Cons
Job has slowed. The change in healthcare benefits.