Thompson Hospitality

Thompson Hospitality Employee Reviews

great company to work for
Chef Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 16, 2015
Pros: the pros are the Management team really works as a family
Cons: the cons upper management in the Corp. office usaly don't support
A basic day is very busy action packed and fun. The training of the staff and customer service is what I really enjoy it's great to be a leader.
Opportunity to work in various cities and states.
Chef Manager (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCMay 23, 2015
Pros: This Company is very focused on Customer satisfaction and won't settle for anything less.
Cons: Hourly employees are laid off during the summer and salaried managers have to cover those positions.
Thompson Hospitality is a pretty good Company to work for and I really have no major complaints. The upper management team is very supportive and the Company it self values people, quality, and excellent customer service in all areas of food service which is always a plus in my eyes.
BIGGER AND BOLD
COOK (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 1, 2015
THIS JOB YOU GOT TO HAVE YOUR HEAD RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE WORKING WITH YOURSELF; WITH OTHER CO WORKER AND AGAINST THE STUDENT WHO ALWAY READY
A day at work
Electrician Assistant/Maintenance (Former Employee), Tuskegee, ALApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work would start off with the morning meetings for each department. Work orders are handed out, new rules, goals, and plans for upcoming events where we are needed are discussed. After closing the meeting, we inspect our work vehicles and start the day.
Annoyed Manager
Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Long hours
My job title and responsibilities was changed after a few months being on the job. Management did not talk to me about the change, I was simply blind sited. I understand that the company has a right to change my title to fit the needs of the company, but I feel it was unfair to me because this position is NOT what I applied for.

My immediate manager does not respect me or my position which has made it very hard to gain respect from my staff. I am never given job performance feedback, even when asked. The hardest part of my job is trying to become a better manager. This is my first management position. My manager does not guide me nor care about my development. The only times my manager has given me performance feedback was after months of (to her) unsatisfactory performance. I feel like I'm stuck without any support at my job. I have made up my mind to moving on with a better company.
Love working with the students
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 20, 2015
My typical day at work was to come in cut cakes, wipe down tables, than when it was time for us to open we would take the students orders and then ring them up on the cash register and than take them there orders. We never got tip cause I worked at a college restaurant.
Below
Food Service Director (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 15, 2015
Preparing to feed 12,000 students starting at 7am and to make sure that we are following the program hitting their expectations .

To always be proactive and the importance of team building and meetings.

Building trust and demonstrating strong leadership.

The hardest part of job is the language barrier. 90% of employees are Hispanic and my Spanish is at the beginning stage.

Giving good costumer service and seeing smiles on the clients faces
Clean work environment
Cook 2 (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 9, 2015
This company taught me a lot about the culinary work world. The staff and crew were a absolute pleasure to work for and with.
Could be a productive place to work for a single mom needing experience
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: the hours
Cons: respect
A work day at Thompson depends on who the supervisor is and if the director of catering is there.
I learned that people can express their beliefs without any concern to others and that management sometime are not ready or don't want to be ready to address certain issues for fear of losing the contract. I don't feel that it is an equal opportunity place to work. I believe there is a misconception of who should render service and what type of service and experience has nothing to do with it.
I feel like some patrons and supervisor who are dealing with issues of being excepted as who they are try – more... to create a working environment with certain type of stero types while creating a hostile environment for others who have not experience those types of behaviors before.
I think Some people try to force you to except their idealism of how things should be. Example: ( if your dark skin or if your not from a island, than you should do all the nasty work, the cleaning details, and you should work on the weekends) The most enjoyable part of my job was to see so many positive African american students work towards being productive citizens buy earning a college education, The hardest part of my job was being a object of what some deem a trash , a dark skin African American Female Single mother, working below the proverty line. – less
Not a bad entry level position
Cafeteria Services Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAJanuary 5, 2015
My experience working at Thompson Hospitality was for getting my foot in the door for later advancement. The workload was not difficult and I was paid appropriately. Management was also very nice and concerned about the morale of both the staff and consumer.
Daily Operation Review
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Lincoln University, PaDecember 20, 2014
Pros: job/ work balance
Cons: distance
Working for Thompson has had great times and some not so great times. In this business it is essiential to have both because both are learning experiences. What I like about working there is the interaction you have with the guest whether it be positvie or negative. Also my fellow management team are all dedicated and passionate about their individual craft. One of the frustrating parts about working for them is that some of their business practices are really outdated and can be difficult at times. Overall I have learned some new ways of operational practices and a great grasp on managing a larger staff.
Productive and fun place to work
Food Service Director (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, bonus incentives
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work consist of

Manage of multiple departments- cafeteria, retail, and catering, human resources
Overseeing of departments
Managing labor and food cost for all locations
Responsible for profit and loss of unit
Overseeing production and quality of food in all departments
never get bored at the job
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2014
Management is not together they are all over the place. Loved my coworkers
Thompson sucks
grill cook (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: management shows favoritism, management poorly trained.
No room for advancement. Inadequate management, disorganized, poorly equipped. Chef doesn't wash hands, prices too high, food too salty, food ynappetizing,
POOR COMPANY
Manager (Current Employee), Tysons Corner, VASeptember 30, 2014
Stuck in the 1970's way of doing things. Very unprofessional. Poor management.
Busy!!!
Server (Former Employee), VASeptember 23, 2014
No work and life balance but great job if you can pull off the schedule
busy and fast pace work area
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
a typical day at work would be to load empty trailers with packages that were getting ready to b delivered. the hardest part of the job was the actual physical labor of the job.
Toxic and unethical
Employed (Current Employee), Reston, VASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: the remaining decent people in the company due band together and work hard for each other.
Cons: current leadership; benefits; arbitrary pay;
Despite what it looks like on paper, this company is ran like a lemonade stand and any measure of success is mainly the result of dumb luck. Management across the board is abusive, entitled, and frequently makes questionable decisions. Benefits are sub par and you're actually better off going through the exchange. Training and respect for employees are non-existent. You will hit the ground running in chaos and will be held to the highest of standards despite not being given the tools or support to be successful. If you actually have a demonstrable skill set, you can do better than Thompson. If you're a "yes-man" kind of person, devoid of integrity, and independent thought, welcome home.
Great Place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Bowie, MDAugust 27, 2014
I learned alot working for this company. Its a good place to work.
I love work with my cowork
Line Server (Former Employee), Bowies MdAugust 4, 2014
Pros: relieve empolyees for lunch breaks
Cons: ensure all cashies perpared for lunch
I a very hard work and easy to got long a team play .I self motivated and strong organizational skill and Able to work independently or as a member of a teamn

1 2 3 4