Thompson Hospitality Employee Reviews

not a good company
Manger (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 15, 2017
No work life balance. ALL MANAGER work 10 hours and only get paid for 8. Its just not a good company to work for. Management doesn't manage well.
fun workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 21, 2016
The staff were great, great group of people to work with. Everyone worked together to make sure the job was done and that the customers were given the best customer service.
Thompson reveiw
Director of Facility Operations (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 30, 2016
Corporate wasn't really helpful during my time there. There was high turnover and never knew who to talk to. The client was great and they were having financial troubles. Corporate was great with being compassionate about it but also wasn't giving us the tools we needed to succeed.
fun workplace
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PANovember 28, 2016
hectic yet can be balanced
learned how to multiple task as well as rapidly provide excellent quality work
the management assisted one to learn the environment and provide their job to full ability
hardest part coping with unpleasant customers
most enjoyable part providing satisfaction to customers
working with team!
Cook (Current Employee) –  Farmville, VANovember 9, 2016
enjoy working with people of all types. very large work area and have opportunity to grow! always have every other weekend off and a very affordable meal plan!
Productive and fun work[lace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 19, 2016
working with these jobs were awsome fast pace friendly and wholesome enviornment loved working with people the managers and supervisors were very understanding
Productive and fun place to work
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 7, 2016
Great place to work. This company focuses a lot of time and energy on the needs of the employee. It is a casual, fun place to work.
Challenging workplace
Assistant Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC /Baltimore MDAugust 31, 2016
Thompson Hospitality is a very challenging place to work to. The training is almost in non existent which makes it hard for growth within the company. A typical day is very hands on for a manager, because of the lack of staffing. I feel Thompson hospitality focuses more on delivering service and not quality service.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No Growth, Lack of structure
Grill cook, Food prep, Serv safe trained (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 12, 2016
Awesome group of employees to work with. The managment team is always available when you need them. They always answer when you call and are willing to work with you with your schedule.
Communication is key
Cook (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
If you have a good work ethic, then you should have no problems. There is always work that needs to be done, so staying busy is no issue. The management is available to answer questions on procedure and policy so ask before assuming. Good place to work. Opportunities to advance will open. They will work with you to fit the needs of the business. Good people.

Want to know more about Thompson Hospitality?

Ask a question
Poor
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2016
The store Management is very . They only call when they need you. The company cut people work hours tremendously. People have attitudes when they talk too you
Pros
Convienient
Cons
Poor Management
Fun Workplace
Fry cook (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Univ, PAMay 12, 2016
In like a lion out like a lamb, every semester started off giving the food area hundreds of students with student bucks and as the student bucks ran out we got less and less kids. making it much much easier to get bored during the work day.
Pros
Management was amazing and very lenient
just fun trying new thing and different foods
Baker, prep. cook (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work for me starts first by going in with a great positive attitude and ready to work. I enjoy my work, I love to learn all aspect of my job, but not only my job, but others as well. I am friendly and like to get along with my co-workers and learn from them all I can. I would say for me personally there is no hard part of any of my jobs, because I feel that you can always find a way to make your job easier and still do it right. the most enjoyable part of my job is when a job is completed and it turn out awesome and everyone is happy with what I have done then I know I did my job well and that's great feeling
Pros
i have worked and learn from great chef and tasted great food
Cons
short breaks
TH Cares
Food Server/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Itta Bena, MSMay 4, 2016
Thompson Hospitality was a very interesting experience. I enjoyed working with others and tasting new foods from our selection of food. The people I worked with were very kind and we always worked as a team. Even though I was an undergraduate student working as a cashier for dinner, I manage to balance my job and school out well. Nevertheless, I would say the hardest part of the job was the students and their opinion about how I should perform my duties as a student versus an employee.
Cons
Being a student and working with students
i maded 75 pizzas per day
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 20, 2016
i loved working at the college the hardest part was hving 2 make all them pizzas by myself an the fun parts was when we had parties for the students
Pros
got free lunch
Cons
we didnt get breakes
Working for Thompson Hospitality
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 15, 2016
Catering supervisor is a very fun career! Thompson Hospitality is not the best company to work for in my opinion. The pay is not great, and management is unorganized. Co-workers could be disrespectful. The best part of the job was interacting with guests at events and making sure that they were satisfied. Catering weddings were also fun!
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Unorganized, Unfair treatment
Very Mismanaged Company
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Institute, WVFebruary 13, 2016
I worked for three years at Thompson Hospitality West Virginia State University location...it was absolutely the worst working expierence of my life. It is unprofessional and unorganized. This company definitely fosters a place of unprofessionalism
Pros
Got to work with some great people
Cons
Management is totally unprofessional
I not a fun company
manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2016
This company has a few violations on EEOC Human Resources is very poor The compensation is less than good .
Is not Corporate support to lower management and Unit GM's become bullies abusing the employees accusing them of bad performance to avoid increase on rates an save some money on Budget
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
See review GM's are bullies
good work experience
Retail Director (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 29, 2015
good place if just entering work force. But advancement and appreciation for hard work will come very sparingly and a great deal of your home life will be sacrificed.
Pros
will get real life experience
Cons
lack of promotion and pay for hard work.
It's pretty good
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 7, 2015
I've worked here for years. For what I do, it's pretty good. There are some internal things I think should change that would make the operation run better. There is a slight disconnect between the operation & corporate levels at times that can make it a little difficult.
Pros
Free lunch, flexibility
Cons
Some difficult employees