Thompson Hospitality

Below average work place
Director of Construction (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 14, 2014
Disorganized Company
Not a rewarding Company
All management is no fit/qualified to manage
Staff is not friendly
Not the best first job experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 13, 2014
The only enjoyable parts were being able to interact with students and going home.
College atmosphere with fun activities.
Dish washer and floor maintenance (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, reasonable hours
I wash dished and stocked in a mainly order. I learned time management and composure. The management team was great, i got along with everybody. Some co-worker were pain the butts and some were good to work with. Wednesday and Fridays were the worst because of chicken and fish day- a lot of kids. I was never stressed out at the job even tho it got hectic during some periods.
Frustrating, Constantly changing playing field
Management (Former Employee), Mid AtlanticJuly 3, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: always fearing management coming down on you, unfair practices, unprofesional
Management at corporate very difficult to communicate with, constantly changing the rules. Delays in getting information from them, different rules for employees who may or may not be liked by the corporate staff. I learned don't trust anyone. Company is full of cut-throat people looking out for number one. Teamwork is a joke.
supervisor
CASHIER (Former Employee), hernon VAJune 12, 2014
Pros: everything was great about this company
As a cashier I was responsible for counting my register at the beginning and end of my shift. With a manager present of course. Also as a cashier, I was to greet every customer with a smile while handling their transactions whether it be cash or credit. Have to make sure my area was always clean and presentable
Productive Company
Food Service Director (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2014
Food Service Director with largest minority based company in the United States.
Slave labor with poor management
Manager (Current Employee), Reston, VAMay 29, 2014
Pros: promotes within and promotes women. black owned company, quarterly bonuses
Cons: long hours and micromanaged company
This is a highly micromanaged company. The local units are not allowed to make a decision. Something as simple as simple as office supplies has to be approved by the Director of Operations. That can take sometimes two weeks. This company requires at least 50 hours from their managers weekly. However, it's more like 60-70 hours per week on salary. In the summer and winter breaks, when it is slow, the company still wants manager to work 50 hours when it is not necessary. The most enjoyable thing is working with the students. The quarterly bonuses are a plus but don't feel like bonuses when you work so much. The upper management has poor human management skills. They don't know how to talk to employees. I called payroll about a mistake they made with my check and was given the payroll manager and she had the nastiest attitude and it was their mistake. And forget it if you want an answer.
Daily use of customer service
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lumch
Cons: more hours
A typical day at work i prepared and set up areas for serving food to the college students. I learned alot about food preping, tempurtures, and safety. Management was helpful and very hands on. Co- workers waorked together as a team and was always available for help. I really did not find anything hard about this job or performing daily duties. I really enjoyed serving the students and providing them with excellent cutomer service.
Food Service Industry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 28, 2014
The best thing about working here was the food. I work with so many people and the attitudes were bad. The main office was unorganized and I came in to help it run smoothly. There were a lot of back stabbing starting with management. The environment at work was always up and down.
Guest Service Specialist
Guest Catering Service (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 8, 2014
 Strong communication skills along with energetic service.
 Having time management, marketing, and customer service skills.
 Being creative, responsible, and trustworthy.
 Being able to work with a team
Depending on the Location
Chef Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 1, 2014
Pros: three weeks vacations
Cons: lack of employees with culinary knowledge, urgency, work ethic
The job is not bad at all actually I liked it, the problem is getting knowledge talent that actually wants to work. Managers are well paid and have great benefits the hourly employees are way different. They are not well paid at all, benefits are not great and hours are far from good.

Due to the hourly employee lack of talent, wages and benefits you are left with few good ones therefore the managers are forced to fill the gaps which in my case is working almost 14 hours five days and sometimes working 12 hours weekends shorthanded too. The stress takes a toll not only in the manager but in the family.

When locations are properly staffed as manager you work your 10 hours and can enjoy your days off. Three weeks vacations during Christmas are awesome.
providing a balance meal also greeting students knowing thier day starts with my smiling face
Line Server (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 27, 2014
seeking a higher opportunity that i also can learn alot more thats offered to me
N/A
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Resolving associate's and manager's problems. Love to talk and getting to know everyone on the field personally.
great learning experience
Cook- In-depth (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARMarch 5, 2014
most enjoyable part was learning from co-workers to management and using it for everyday life
a beginners job
Line Server (Former Employee), elizabeth City ncFebruary 20, 2014
made sandwiches waited on customers ran register mop clean
Working at School
Internship (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2014
Usually I worked around the time I went to eat in the cafeteria. It was fun being the Mystery Shopper and checking out the Food and Customer Service qualities at the school's diner. I learned how to take action on the grade and quality of products being served and how to survey on normal workers on how they deal with people on a daily basis. I had no Co-Workers. The Hardest part of the job was balancing the times to go eat with School hours and Club and Organization hours. The fun part of working with Thompson Hospitality would just be the fact that I got to eat in the Cafeteria and converse with the Staff.
Food Server (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch and direct deposit
Cons: weekend hours
It was very productive and it taught me a lot and I never knew how well I work with others until I started here.
A bit unorganized but fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 2, 2013
Learned how to use the POS system. Gained great friends. Management was very unorganized and didn't offer many benefits to emoployees
poor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 11, 2013
Pros: food service on college campus
Cons: no order
this company is not organized an on the verge of losing a big contract which result in no job security
productive workplace
Line Cook/ Utility worker (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: job securty
Restaurant style setting , beautiful place to work. staff becomes family to you , everybody easy to get along with