Thompson School District Employee Reviews in United States

Paraprofessional
Paraprofessional Intensive Learning Center (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 13, 2015
providing a safe environment best suited for children with a wide variety of cognitive and physical disabilities. I have to be ready for any situation that a child may need help or assistance in, wether that be toileting, filing out data sheets, observing behavior, and modifying work to fit IEP. Using time management to turn in student assignments, meet deadlines for trainings, and work with medical needs students may have. I would work with a team of professionals, upwards of 10 adults at a time. The hardest part of the job was the emotional toll it can take trying to help children who have violent or extremely challenging behaviors. The best part of the job is that I am a vital player in helping someone gain more independence. I get to be a part of individual's learning experiences and life skills that can be used for the rest of their life.
Fun Place to Work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 21, 2015
Lots of drama with school board, most funding spent on lawyers and such, rather than directly in the classroom or raises for employees. Loved working as a Para & developing rapport with ILC kids. High stress and under staffed at times, but a truly rewarding experience.
the overall staff & students are the ones that make my job worth whiled
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 29, 2014
I open and prepare my building for staff and set up for a health breakfast for the kids, then I proceed to maintain all building and ground needs and be on call for office staff at all times.

The most enjoyable, of my whole job is the staff and students, if I only made a little difference in their life's I had done my job, and I have seen it came back ten times foe over the years.

The most difficult of my job is leaving at the end of the day.
The management, is going through a high upper staff turn over and seems to be a little dysfunctional, but overall not bad
benefits
A diverse environment where everday is different and new!
Classified Substitute (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 14, 2012
My favorite position has always been school secretary. I like to be the first person anybody meets when they walk in the building as I'm a very positive and upbeat person.
I'd answer the phones, do any filing, distribute any mail or fliers for the teachers or the students, check in any students that arrive late or that need to be checked out early for appointments or otherwise.
I'd always work with staff that was nice and happy, always eager to meet a new person and learn about them and always helpful.
The most difficult part would be the students that didn't always want to listen or that always wanted to raise some sort of problem. Different people learn different ways and to get to talk with the student awhile then you can try to sort out what is bothering them or why they want to cause such discomfort.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, working with the kids, and always something to do.
Pros
getting to go to different schools, meeting new people
Cons
since i was part-time i didn't recieve health benefits
Good people and good management
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 27, 2015
Overall a wonderful place to work with great people. Good support in place.

People were treated well.
A good working environment to work in.
Good leadership.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Pay of course
Good mix of physical work, interaction with student and staff, and paperwork.
Nutrition Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 5, 2015
Busy physical work prepping lunches and tracking information food served on production logs. The students are fun to interact with.
Great Teams and Wonderful Staff, Students and Parents
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 2, 2014
Working with students on social skills, social/emotional wellbeing.

Working with my multidisciplinary teams to find the best interventions for students.

Administering assessments: Cognitive, Educational, Social/Emotional, Social History and scoring these assessments. Looking at scores for statistical significance.

Leading initial and triennial reviews and talking about student strengths and needs including, most importantly the viewpoint of the parents. Discussing how needs can be met. Discussion of accommodations/modifications if needed.

Many phone contacts with parents.

Meeting on teams (previously named Problem Solving Teams. We renamed them to Solutions Finding Teams).

Meeting with teachers to help brainstorm ideas for their more difficult students.
Pros
love working with staff, students and parents.
Cons
an overabundance of paperwork!
HR receptionist.
Human Resources Secretary (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 25, 2014
A typical day at the school district was answering phones and transferring calls to the appropriate person. I would file teacher file information. Make new employee packets. Take calls regarding teacher status when they left the district. I learned how to handle more projects and how to get them done in a timely manner.
Good Training program
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  loveland, coloradoOctober 21, 2013
The training program is excellent and the hours work well with life in general. Co workers are a wonderful crazy group. The hardest part about the job was setting up my own routes.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
setting up routes and no opportunity for overtime
Work was not bad, but pay was very low.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 2, 2014
Hard to advance. Had to know right people. Pay very low. Liked my co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay and advancing.
Good teacher support
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 12, 2014
Most schools I engage in are very caring about the success of their
staff and teachers.
Pros
hours and support
Cons
none.
Good internship experience
School Social Worker - MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 9, 2012
A good agency to receive well rounded experience and exposure to school social work.
Enjoyed Classroom Management
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 27, 2012
Substituted for middle and high school math and science. Job assignments were random and usually for one day.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
inadequate income
Good company to work for.
Health Aide Substitute (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 13, 2013
Had a lot of support from supervisors in the health field. Loved my student and school communities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompson School District. Our community is ready to answer.