Thompson School District

Thompson School District Employer Reviews

Good Training program
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee), loveland, coloradoOctober 21, 2013
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: setting up routes and no opportunity for overtime
The training program is excellent and the hours work well with life in general. Co workers are a wonderful crazy group. The hardest part about the job was setting up my own routes.
Good company to work for.
Health Aide Substitute (Current Employee), Loveland, COSeptember 13, 2013
Had a lot of support from supervisors in the health field. Loved my student and school communities.
Enjoyed Classroom Management
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Loveland, CONovember 27, 2012
Pros: rewarding
Cons: inadequate income
Substituted for middle and high school math and science. Job assignments were random and usually for one day.
Good internship experience
School Social Worker - MSW Intern (Former Employee), Loveland, COOctober 9, 2012
A good agency to receive well rounded experience and exposure to school social work.
A diverse environment where everday is different and new!
Classified Substitute (Current Employee), Loveland, COSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: getting to go to different schools, meeting new people
Cons: since i was part-time i didn't recieve health benefits
My favorite position has always been school secretary. I like to be the first person anybody meets when they walk in the building as I'm a very positive and upbeat person.
I'd answer the phones, do any filing, distribute any mail or fliers for the teachers or the students, check in any students that arrive late or that need to be checked out early for – more... appointments or otherwise.
I'd always work with staff that was nice and happy, always eager to meet a new person and learn about them and always helpful.
The most difficult part would be the students that didn't always want to listen or that always wanted to raise some sort of problem. Different people learn different ways and to get to talk with the student awhile then you can try to sort out what is bothering them or why they want to cause such discomfort.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, working with the kids, and always something to do. – less