Thompson School District Employee Review

View all Thompson School District reviews

A diverse environment where everday is different and new!
Classified Substitute (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 14, 2012
My favorite position has always been school secretary. I like to be the first person anybody meets when they walk in the building as I'm a very positive and upbeat person.
I'd answer the phones, do any filing, distribute any mail or fliers for the teachers or the students, check in any students that arrive late or that need to be checked out early for appointments or otherwise.
I'd always work with staff that was nice and happy, always eager to meet a new person and learn about them and always helpful.
The most difficult part would be the students that didn't always want to listen or that always wanted to raise some sort of problem. Different people learn different ways and to get to talk with the student awhile then you can try to sort out what is bothering them or why they want to cause such discomfort.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, working with the kids, and always something to do.
Pros
getting to go to different schools, meeting new people
Cons
since i was part-time i didn't recieve health benefits

Other Thompson School District Employee Reviews

Great camaraderie in the school which I worked
NUTRITION SERVICES AIDE (Former Employee) –  Berthoud, COOctober 2, 2017
As a new employee I was welcomed and trained with much care and attention to detail. The co-workers sought to ensure my success a vital part of the team. With such support, it was very easy to feel valued and cohesive with my team.
Pros
Free lunches and a sense of value to a critical part of the school system
Cons
Pay/hours were always a part of the conversations surrounding how to complete necessary tasks
Good Position with great Benefits
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 26, 2017
My time spent hear was also a good experience. I enjoyed the business of the position held. Enjoyed being on my feet and staying busy. Over all a great job. Room for advancement and pay was a challenge but otherwise a great position.
Benefits
Cons
Night Shift