Thompson School District

Thompson School District Employer Reviews

the overall staff & students are the ones that make my job worth whiled
Supervisor (Current Employee), Loveland, COOctober 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
I open and prepare my building for staff and set up for a health breakfast for the kids, then I proceed to maintain all building and ground needs and be on call for office staff at all times.

The most enjoyable, of my whole job is the staff and students, if I only made a little difference in their life's I had done my job, and I have seen it came back – more... ten times foe over the years.

The most difficult of my job is leaving at the end of the day.
The management, is going through a high upper staff turn over and seems to be a little dysfunctional, but overall not bad – less
Great Teams and Wonderful Staff, Students and Parents
School Psychologist (Current Employee), Loveland, COSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: love working with staff, students and parents.
Cons: an overabundance of paperwork!
Working with students on social skills, social/emotional wellbeing.

Working with my multidisciplinary teams to find the best interventions for students.

Administering assessments: Cognitive, Educational, Social/Emotional, Social History and scoring these assessments. Looking at scores for statistical significance.

Leading initial and triennial reviews – more... and talking about student strengths and needs including, most importantly the viewpoint of the parents. Discussing how needs can be met. Discussion of accommodations/modifications if needed.

Many phone contacts with parents.

Meeting on teams (previously named Problem Solving Teams. We renamed them to Solutions Finding Teams).

Meeting with teachers to help brainstorm ideas for their more difficult students. – less
HR receptionist.
Human Resources Secretary (Former Employee), Loveland, COJune 25, 2014
A typical day at the school district was answering phones and transferring calls to the appropriate person. I would file teacher file information. Make new employee packets. Take calls regarding teacher status when they left the district. I learned how to handle more projects and how to get them done in a timely manner.
Good teacher support
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee), Loveland, COFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: hours and support
Cons: none.
Most schools I engage in are very caring about the success of their
staff and teachers.
Good Training program
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee), loveland, coloradoOctober 21, 2013
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: setting up routes and no opportunity for overtime
The training program is excellent and the hours work well with life in general. Co workers are a wonderful crazy group. The hardest part about the job was setting up my own routes.
Good company to work for.
Health Aide Substitute (Current Employee), Loveland, COSeptember 13, 2013
Had a lot of support from supervisors in the health field. Loved my student and school communities.
Enjoyed Classroom Management
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Loveland, CONovember 27, 2012
Pros: rewarding
Cons: inadequate income
Substituted for middle and high school math and science. Job assignments were random and usually for one day.
Good internship experience
School Social Worker - MSW Intern (Former Employee), Loveland, COOctober 9, 2012
A good agency to receive well rounded experience and exposure to school social work.
A diverse environment where everday is different and new!
Classified Substitute (Current Employee), Loveland, COSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: getting to go to different schools, meeting new people
Cons: since i was part-time i didn't recieve health benefits
My favorite position has always been school secretary. I like to be the first person anybody meets when they walk in the building as I'm a very positive and upbeat person.
I'd answer the phones, do any filing, distribute any mail or fliers for the teachers or the students, check in any students that arrive late or that need to be checked out early for – more... appointments or otherwise.
I'd always work with staff that was nice and happy, always eager to meet a new person and learn about them and always helpful.
The most difficult part would be the students that didn't always want to listen or that always wanted to raise some sort of problem. Different people learn different ways and to get to talk with the student awhile then you can try to sort out what is bothering them or why they want to cause such discomfort.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, working with the kids, and always something to do. – less