Thompson Employee Reviews in United States

a lot of travel
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Ozona, TXApril 8, 2016
a lot of work traveled through out the county and state, got to do different types of work in different locations and states
pleasant fast paced workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 30, 2016
open store , set up showcases , prepare food , delegate tasks to other co-workers , hardest part of job no time for breaks or lunch ,most enjoyable part for me is interaction with customers., close out register..daily receipts.clean and.close store , deposit made at bank.
Great place to learn
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 5, 2016
Supervisors always have work for you to do. Great for an internship and great opportunities. Offers opportunities when you are qualified.
Great people to work with
Administrative Assistant- Survey department (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 18, 2015
Would recommend this company. Small business with large projects. People were great . Was enjoyable to go to work everyday.
Great People
Compton Jr. High (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 3, 2015
Micro-management in administration
Great Teachers and Staff
Lots of Extra Duties
Great Benefits and Good Students
Lesson Plans needed to be turned in weekly for review
Lots of paperwork
was a great place to work
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHFebruary 3, 2015
this was a great place to work. needed to do more safety training. Its to bad the company sold and new company came in bought it and went out of business
Pros
took care of employees
Cons
went out of business
great work experence.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 20, 2015
Employees and staff is wonderful to work with . Honest and hard working. So is most of management .
Pros
students employees and most management
Cons
pay and additude of general manager
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2015
High case load, very fast paced, continuing education provided, excellent benefits provided, overall a very good firm to work for.
Pros
healthcare, free parking and continuing education
Cons
very long hours
Clerical/Filer/Runner (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHNovember 22, 2014
A typical day at work here was very refreshing. My co-workers took their time to train me in areas I had very little experience in. Flexibility was a great pro to this company. My supervisor was very respectful and helpful, he believed I was a great asset to the firm and I appreciated the consideration.
A great company with alot of perks and advancedments for those who want them.
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckner, KYNovember 12, 2014
Everyday was never the same always fun, different, due to working at various Power plants and chemical plants across Kentucky and the eastern sea board. What I learned is how power is generated, how to set up water blast lines, operate vac trucks, string and line pipes or runs as we called them from 20 feet to up to four stories high, I also learned to be a team player by working with others from all walks of life and learning to push through to get the job done even when I didn't want to or just didn't have the energy to. The only hard part about the job was being on call because you would always have to answer your phone and you could be gone for month at a time and be out of town away from your family. The best part about the job was traveling out of town at times and working in a different setting everyday and doing different jobs because it felt like a new job even though we had to perform the same tasks.
Pros
predem for travelnd prevailing wage
Cons
the short noticeto leave my family
Productive and great work place, co-worker and i got along great
Device Operator, Monitor Operator (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, South CarolinaOctober 7, 2014
It was a seasonal job. Worked twelve hours shifts, seven days a week. I learn how to operate the device and monitors that we had to use on a daily bases. Management was great and easy to get a long with. My co-workers made a great working atmosphere. Everybody was easy to get a long with. The hardest part of the job was the training for the devices. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship I made with my managers and co-workers.
Productive and fun work place
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHAugust 10, 2014
great people to work with. I was a machine operator and did other task building gun rifles test firing.
Changes lives everyday
Director of Student Development (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2014
Excellent place to work spent 20 plus years with my second family.
Pros
great staff and students
Cons
expectations are unrealistic sometimes
Small company.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 8, 2014
Small company with the benefits of such. Owner has an excellent attitude and is very willing to be involved personally with her staff.
Fun Contract Assignment
Underwriter and Quality Control Reviewer - FDIC (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2014
• Performed all aspects of credit and appraisal analysis on FDIC Residential FHA/VA and Conventional loans working with RR Donnelley Software. Compliance review of all FDIC Residential loans working with Mavent Software.
• Reviewed BPO’s, AVM’s and Field Reviews and performed payment history review of each Residential loan.
• Tasked with moving to Quality Control Review of FDIC Residential files completed by the underwriters.
• Upon completion of the FDIC Residential Due Diligence Project, tasked to the FDIC Commercial Due Diligence Project.
• Performed data capture aggregation and analysis on FDIC Commercial Loans working with Convergence – Data Management Software required for FDIC Commercial sale.
• Reviewed titles on the Commercial Loans to insure the title was in the correct name.
Great group of people to work with!!!
Junior Paralegal/Litigation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2014
First of all, Thompson, Coe, Cousins & Irons has been by far the best law firm I've worked at. I always looked forward in going to work everyday. The people are caring and you really feel like a part of a family there!

When I was in the First Party section, I loved it! It was challenging and I really got to use my brain; I wasn't hooked up to dictation equipment all day. I was given the claim files and pretty much was told to figure it out with very little supervision. I loved getting to work closely with our experts and setting up/coordinating inspections with them. Then, I got to handle all coordinating of mediations and prepare mediation materials for the attorneys. Everything was at their fingertips when they walked into a mediation. It really made me feel good making the attorneys look good.

When all of the claim files went away and settled, I was transferred into a "floater" position within the firm. I really didn't get to use all the skills I learned by being in there. I have so much to offer.
Pros
attorneys and staff
Cons
hr department
N/a
Producer (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Friendly staff
Small shop
Small market
Relaxed environment
All cold calling
Great stepping stone
Accounting Intern/Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2013
Great learning experience. Even as an Intern I was able to voice my opinion on certain projects and have an impact.
Difficult workplace
Legal Assistant/Paralegal - General Litigation (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 16, 2013
Heavy client contact; drafted correspondence and discovery responses; e-filed pleadings with court; managed attorney calendar; ordered office supplies; reviewed and summarized medical records and depositions.
declining
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2013
This was a great place to work until 2003 and new people came in. For the first 15 years, not one person left the company and after 2003 more than 23 people left the company. Most left by choice because the work environment was toxic. New management came in and the home feeling was lost.
Cons
toxic environment