Thomson Corporation

Thomson Corporation Employer Reviews

Thomson Reuters
Senior Designer (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 1, 2013
Great company and products, great managers. Excellent projects
Loved the people
Forecaster/Demand Planning Analyst (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: none come to mind
• Teamed with S&OP leaders to collectively plan and improve methods of communication, performance and processes through IT-based network structure.
• Developed, executed and supervised product schedules, and specs for efficient input to make certain processes were published correctly and in a timely manner.
• Created schedules and forecasts to insure – more... availability of materials needed. Determined shelf–life of materials; identified and terminated obsolete inventory.
• Assessed, interpret and evaluate sales history to determine material requirements needed to produce sufficient lot size for both general shipment and replenishment orders of finished goods. – less
Thomson - one of the best places I worked
ASIC Layout Engineer & Team Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2013
Outstanding teams of engineers, friends. Manufactures under the GE, RCA, ProScan and Scenium name brands
Innovation
Director, Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 10, 2012
Pros: work life balance
nice solid co. w/ excellent benefits. depends on which publisher you work for ...your experience will vary
ok place to work
HRIS, Time and Labor Management Analyst (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 15, 2012
As an intermediate level functional support, the primary focus was to work with the IT department in the support and maintenance of the HRMS and other applicatins supported by the HRIS team. Served as the functional point of contact . Support, HRMS upgrades, patches, testing of system changes, analyze process improvement flows. The hardest thing is – more... still trying to learn and understand the interfaces, would love to be taught how they communicate with HRIS systems and how to read them – less
Good project support, flexible schedule, rewarding results
Project Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2012
Pros: good supervision with "work family" feel. necessary tools to complete provided
Cons: consultant status. position directly affected by 9/11 tradegy.
• Development, organization and management of capital improvement projects.
• Budget development, scheduling, work order generation and construction site supervision.
• RFP development, review and award. Vendor / contractor / governmental interface during facility improvement projects.
Great company to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), indianapolis, INJune 26, 2012
Pros: great benefits, great hours
Cons: not enough pay, not very much upward mobility
Answering hundreds of calls per day
I learned how to multitask
the management team was very helpful
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
the hardest part of my job was knowing that there was not very much opportunity for advancement
the most enjoyable part of my job was sharing my knowledge of consumer electronics
Good environment
Divisional Information Security Officer (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 25, 2012
Good professionals that support your ability to apply learned skills
Executive Liaison
Executive Liaison (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 23, 2012
Pros: everything!
Cons: there weren't any.
Thomson is one of the most impressive corporations that I have had the fortunate experience to work for. I really enjoyed going to work every day and was always more than willing to put in extra hours to complete a project or meet a deadline. I wish I didn't have to move and leave this career.
Great job
Regional Law Firm Sales Representative (Former Employee), E. WashingtonJune 12, 2012
Pros: control over your time and money
Cons: huge territories
I was told that this job is usually a 3 year gig and they were correct. Thats exactly how long my tenure, and many others, lasted. Great money with no job security. Meat grinder for sales reps.
Worked in a Team Environment to produce the industry's leading tax software
Customer Service Representative/Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Dexter, MichiganJune 11, 2012
We produced software for accountants to use in their practices to produce accurate tax returns for their clients
A Fine Company to Work For
Manger (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2012
A friendly environment. A diverse group of workers. Compensation package was good.
Values and cultures were great!
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Circleville, OHApril 24, 2012
Pros: training emphasis, right tools, up to date computers.
Cons: communication not great.
Very highly skilled group. Several PhDs in the team. Center of excellence had very prominent and experienced personnel. A collaborative team and fun place to work.
Really like my job but due to ecconemy Im not getting enough hours
Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Crystal, mnDecember 22, 2011
Cons: not enough hours
Thomson Construction is a nice place to work for, everyone is easy to get along with.
Productive and fun workplace
Travel Advisor (Current Employee), PeterboroughSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day with TUI :)

Another day in the office as they say, only diffence being is i love my day in the office, after a quick morning meeting with the manager and co workers we open the shutters and the queues already out the door, welcoming the customers in with a friendly smile offering refreshments whilst they wait, lots of excited familys – more... in to book there annual holidays or last minute flights and getaways, At thomson we are constantly busy all day no time to stop for a break but its all part of the job!! Always learning and finding out new thingseach day its great, always offered lots of training programmes which are fun and very user friendly , I havent got a bad word to say about the company at all the manager is fantastic and i get on so well with everyone i work with, if i was to say what the hardest part of my job was it would be having to cancel customers holidays due to them being ill, the most enjoyable part of the job is being able too book a familys dream holiday they have beem saving up for forever and the look on the childrens faces once its booked is priceless, its such a buzz it really is!! – less
Great team, Great Company to work for
Travel Advisor (Current Employee), Fareham, ENGAugust 18, 2014
Cons: only 18 hour contract
on a normal day i will go in a catch up on any training that needs to be done then call all my customers that have been in to make an enquiry see if they need any help with there decision on the holiday and see if there is anything i can do, greet any customers that come into the shop, find them the perfect holiday and book it, and help any customers – more... that come in with query's and questions, restock the shelf's with brochures. – less
Productive And Fun Work Place
Travel Advisor (Current Employee), ExeterJune 18, 2014
My job involves me being passionate about being the best, and wanting to ensure that every customer has the perfect holiday experience. This involves me offering exceptional customer service, making every customer I serve feel special whilst also maintaining a focus on my individual sales targets and those of my team.
demonstrator
Sales Promo (Former Employee), Pasig, P00May 31, 2014
promoting the nestle is my first experience in sales industry ,
was a fun job and good exsperience
Thomson Overseas Children's Rep (Former Employee), IBMarch 18, 2014
i enjoyed it and went for fun and to enjoy my self defo a eye opener
Thomson
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bexhill, ENGMarch 9, 2014
We have to sell holidays to customers with a high standard of customer service and insurance is sold too.
The staff are polite and hard working.
Customer service can sometimes be hard when trying to solve complaints but we have a After travel team that are always to hand.
I have worked my way up the company easily as jobs are readily available to transfer – more... most of the time. – less