Thomson Corporation Employee Reviews

excitement in working in area
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 29, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: hours - shift work
All tasks related to the largest data center in the cities, always something to learn and do. Great place to learn
Interesting environment, lots of things to learn
Machine Operator #3 (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 4, 2013
I learned a lot about the book making process. Orders declined, limiting advancement opportunities.
Thomson Reuters
Senior Designer (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 1, 2013
Great company and products, great managers. Excellent projects
Loved the people
Forecaster/Demand Planning Analyst (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: none come to mind
• Teamed with S&OP leaders to collectively plan and improve methods of communication, performance and processes through IT-based network structure.
• Developed, executed and supervised product schedules, and specs for efficient input to make certain processes were published correctly and in a timely manner.
• Created schedules and forecasts to insure availability of materials needed. Determined shelf–life of materials; identified and terminated obsolete inventory.
• Assessed, interpret and evaluate sales history to determine material requirements needed to produce sufficient lot size for both general shipment and replenishment orders of finished goods.
Thomson - one of the best places I worked
ASIC Layout Engineer & Team Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2013
Outstanding teams of engineers, friends. Manufactures under the GE, RCA, ProScan and Scenium name brands
Innovation
Director, Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 10, 2012
Pros: work life balance
nice solid co. w/ excellent benefits. depends on which publisher you work for ...your experience will vary
ok place to work
HRIS, Time and Labor Management Analyst (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 15, 2012
As an intermediate level functional support, the primary focus was to work with the IT department in the support and maintenance of the HRMS and other applicatins supported by the HRIS team. Served as the functional point of contact . Support, HRMS upgrades, patches, testing of system changes, analyze process improvement flows. The hardest thing is still trying to learn and understand the interfaces, would love to be taught how they communicate with HRIS systems and how to read them
Good project support, flexible schedule, rewarding results
Project Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2012
Pros: good supervision with "work family" feel. necessary tools to complete provided
Cons: consultant status. position directly affected by 9/11 tradegy.
• Development, organization and management of capital improvement projects.
• Budget development, scheduling, work order generation and construction site supervision.
• RFP development, review and award. Vendor / contractor / governmental interface during facility improvement projects.
Great company to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), indianapolis, INJune 26, 2012
Pros: great benefits, great hours
Cons: not enough pay, not very much upward mobility
Answering hundreds of calls per day
I learned how to multitask
the management team was very helpful
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
the hardest part of my job was knowing that there was not very much opportunity for advancement
the most enjoyable part of my job was sharing my knowledge of consumer electronics
Good environment
Divisional Information Security Officer (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 25, 2012
Good professionals that support your ability to apply learned skills
Executive Liaison
Executive Liaison (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 23, 2012
Pros: everything!
Cons: there weren't any.
Thomson is one of the most impressive corporations that I have had the fortunate experience to work for. I really enjoyed going to work every day and was always more than willing to put in extra hours to complete a project or meet a deadline. I wish I didn't have to move and leave this career.
Great job
Regional Law Firm Sales Representative (Former Employee), E. WashingtonJune 12, 2012
Pros: control over your time and money
Cons: huge territories
I was told that this job is usually a 3 year gig and they were correct. Thats exactly how long my tenure, and many others, lasted. Great money with no job security. Meat grinder for sales reps.
Worked in a Team Environment to produce the industry's leading tax software
Customer Service Representative/Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Dexter, MichiganJune 11, 2012
We produced software for accountants to use in their practices to produce accurate tax returns for their clients
A Fine Company to Work For
Manger (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2012
A friendly environment. A diverse group of workers. Compensation package was good.
Values and cultures were great!
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Circleville, OHApril 24, 2012
Pros: training emphasis, right tools, up to date computers.
Cons: communication not great.
Very highly skilled group. Several PhDs in the team. Center of excellence had very prominent and experienced personnel. A collaborative team and fun place to work.
Really like my job but due to ecconemy Im not getting enough hours
Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Crystal, mnDecember 22, 2011
Cons: not enough hours
Thomson Construction is a nice place to work for, everyone is easy to get along with.