Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employer Reviews

Progressive work environment, cultural diversity and impressive team dynamics
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaDecember 20, 2014
Pros: excellent location and support from management
Outstanding work environment with an unmatched global presence.
An organization trying to find it's way
Senior Director Organization Readiness (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 18, 2014
There are many change initiatives going on within this business that has grown through acquisition. The tenure of employees is very long which brings with it some challenges of it's own in terms of openness to change. Newer employees need to really find their own way in this organization and it's not an easy one to navigate. The people are smart, well – more... educated and hard working. – less
Good company, great products, advancement is very limited
Account Manager (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great products, talking to business owners and c level executives everyday
Cons: lack of career advancement opportunities and low comp plan
This is a good company with a lot of really good products. Getting your foot in the door is rarely a problem.

The biggest problem is a lack of clear vision by management, very limited opportunities to advance your career and a low comp plan.

The best part of the job is the great coworkers and talking to business owners/C level executives everyday. – more... You can learn so much from the sales calls that you have. – less
Fun workplace and opportunity to grow
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Conroe, TXDecember 9, 2014
excellent work place for beginners and opportunity to grow. Flexible schedule.
Fantastic Place to work
Lead Process Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2014
Huge opportunities for hard working individuals, load of potential for advancement.
Opportunities to travel as there are office all over the world.
I was fortunate enough to have had the chance to work in London for many years.
professional, productive environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee), minnesotaDecember 3, 2014
Pros: professional, productive environment
professional, productive environment
advanced in QA knowledge
great management
great coworkers
multiple changes in requirements
great collaboration with co-workers
Global team approach.
Technical Development Specialist 4 (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule with option to work from home.
Cons: physicall distant management is not integrated well with local team.
You know that your efforts are visible to the customer. This provides impetus to do good work on their behalf. TR provides the technical resources needed to get the job done but management needs some improvement in developing trust. Most enjoyable was helping customers get the trading information they needed in time to use it.
West Law Sales Print Team
Account Executive (Former Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: commison
Cons: staff and managment were unprofessional
At the time I was there the sales management team was a joke. Very unprofessional and lots of unethical sales practices being performed. I have been informed that they cleaned house on the sales consultants were cheating the system.
It is great Place to work.
Windows System Administrator / Systems Engineer (Former Employee), New JerseyDecember 1, 2014
Pros: company christmas party is great
Cons: benefits is low, healthcare contribution is very expensive.
TR is a great company to work for and a great institution. Working daily of Change and Incident Management tickets are routine work.
Great company, bad dept
Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home, good benefits, employee discount program
Cons: no flexibility, micro managing
I work in a not so great department. This has soured my to the company in general. I would recommend the company to a friend, just not the department I currently work in.
I learned that everything must be put in writing.
Not Inspring
Lead Publishing Coordinator (Current Employee), EaganNovember 30, 2014
Pros: cafeterias, caribou, yoga studio, subway, shuttle
Cons: difficult to advance, low salaries
Most days were filled with tasks. The people in my department were friendly. Management was difficult to please.
Good place to start career
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
TR was a good name on the resume and I learned a lot as my first job here. Overall the company is a bit of a mess as they keep acquiring companies and launching new products but don't know where to place those companies within TR or advance the products to make them better and stay in the marketplace.
Plenty of work
Researcher (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: understaffed and large workload
My day starts off organizing and reviewing work from the previous day to make sure information is accurate. I spend a lot of time reading, proof reading case files for specific documents for identification purposes. I've learned to be more precise in terms of sharing information with my team members and became a stronger communicator in the process. – more... The hardest part of the job is the workload and deadlines but that challenge of making me more organized has become invaluable. I enjoy the challenges of organizing and processing information to serve a purpose bigger than myself. – less
Good
Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 10, 2014
Good work
Good culture
Good people
Good environment
Interesting task
Technical support specialist
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 10, 2014
Answer questions about complex tax software. Users are sophisticated accountants and the work can be demanding.
Productive & fun working with the client
VMWARE ADMIN (Former Employee), Eagan, MNNovember 6, 2014
Work environment was nice
Management was supportive
Fun working with team mates
Good people, lack accountability as a company
Product Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: compensation and opportunity for advancement
A lot of freedom to learn from good people
Very little accountability
Very little guidance
Silo mentality among different departments
Financial data company where very few employees have actual financial industry experience
Talent pool has shrank considerably due to attrition and multiple layoffs
Productive and fun place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: growth opportunities with every review
Cons: compensation
The best company to work for thus far! Lasted 10 yrs, and wore several hats within those years. There was so many growth opportunities to take, and I took them all. Such an ideal company! Co-workers were all productive, I trained new hires which was the most fun hat I wore!
Any day at work
Director, Emerging Markets, LATIN AMERICA & MAR (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: different languages, different departments, high exposure, high expectations in delivery revenue
Pipeline review, facilitating Sales group activities, business decisions, contract reviews, approvals, calls with Sr Leadership etc takes also an important part
fast pace very hands on productive compnay
Senior Order Management Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2014
Thomson Reuters is a very fast-paced, high energy corporation. I perform daily order processing orders in Siebel, provide monthly revenue reports, work proficient in SAP, ORACLE. I'm part of toast masters at Thomson Reuters and work with volunteer outreach within the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos