Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Bad Company
Unimportant (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 23, 2015
Cons: Extremely poor management.
Thomson Reuters, Eagan location, is highly dysfunctional. Most management shouldn't be in management positions. They way the grow the business (for the shareholders, not the customers or employees) is to have annual layoffs each October. They prefer to promote incompetence. Antiquated technology. If you're background is anything but a J.D., don't work here.
Very nice and productive place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work have enjoyed working at Thomson Reuters, very friendly people with strong sense of team work which results in high productivity. Would definitely recommend this company. great benefits
Intern
Project Management (Former Employee), JPCJuly 18, 2015
Worked as a project manager for internal communication development. The office environment and people are good and liked its atmosphere.
The Pioneer Press and Minneapolis Tribune were always on the break table!
Legal Verification Generalist (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Frequent raises, variety of work positions
Cons: Having to leave the company due to layoff in 2011
Thomson Reuters was a great place to work in the meaning of true learning opportunities in the field of law. In the course of my 25 year tenure, I held positions of great interest and educational values. I held positions which required meticulous attention to detail and excellent verification skills. I also was given the chance to work with people like headnote writers and attorney editors who were not only personal friends, but I also learned skills such as editing from them. It was a nice experience in my life that I will always remember with fondness.
Flexible, fast paced environment
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 17, 2015
My primary responsibilities were to perform document review for expert witnesses and create expert witness profiles. I benefited by having a deeper understanding of the rules of evidence.
Great Place to work
network analysis (Current Employee), ann arbor MIJuly 15, 2015
They allow you to do your job and able to make feel like one big happy family. Great co-worker and My team is one of the best I worked with.
GREAT company overall...your experience may vary with department
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 14, 2015
This is a great place to work. For a large company, improvement areas get addressed quickly. The corporate culture is second to none. Company picnics, winter parties with Santa, Reindeer and gifts for the kids. This place even has a happy hour in the parking lot a couple times a year. I've worked in some terrible environments, and this is NOT one of them.
Product learning and training experience
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: lack of support
Exciting
Checkpoint Learning
Could be more engaging.
nothing
coming to work - helping customers solve their issues.
Nothing more to say
Not minority friendly
Product Support Representative (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 9, 2015
Pros: amazing benefits and PTO availability
Cons: poor training and management doesn't consist of any minorities.
As far as the office in Ann Arbor, MI, there isn't much room for advancement for minorities within the company. There are no minorities in upper management, and managers tend to show favorites within the office. All accountability falls on the support reps, and none on Team leads or team supervisors. Hardest part of the job is getting the adequate training needed to be successful. There is no testing after training and you are expected to meet/exceed productivity goals on day one, with no learning curve.
Great people to work with
Assist attorneys in the New Mexico and El Paso (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2015
Learned how to work with attorney's and tons of cold calling. Management was good the training program was good and the culture was good
Disfunctional Company
Infrastructure Service Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2015
Poor Management structure at the time. Company lost direction after merge. As a contractor was treated poorly. Hopefully it is a better environment now.
Huge environment with lots of interesting work
Solutions Designer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJune 28, 2015
Fast paced and challenging work! I have learned a lot while working there. Collaboration is a must, but easy to do because the environment is very welcoming. Work life balance is great, pay and benefits are good.
Good Company
SENIOR DATA ANALYST (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent work culture and diversity
Cons: No room for advancement above a certain level
A good company that needs to focus on its employees more. An excellent work culture and a company that I loved working for.
Team Manager, Technical Support (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 17, 2015
Good leadership and nice work environment. Very flexible workday. The company offer many options to work remotely. Has great team members.
Manger, Inside Sales (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJune 17, 2015
Great place to work, would like to retire from Thomson Reuters. Campus is fantastic and environment is great. Management allows you to be creative
Great work atmosphere and acquiring new skills and professionalism
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York NYJune 16, 2015
Pros: Professional atmosphere, high -level client base
Cons: Changing priorities hourly
Great professional work atmosphere that helped me acquire new skills and professionalism, With a high-level client contact, each day provided new opportunity for self-development.
Great work experience in a relaxed environment
Derivatives Senior Market Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2015
Gained significant knowledge in derivatives pricing covering major financial markets- Equity, Fixed Income, Commodity and Foreign Exchange.

Interacted with clients regarding pricing queries and delivered timely and accurate daily pricing data.

Experience with team oriented environment, and maintained good relationship with upper management.
Great place for a co-op to learn from.
Software Engineer Co-op (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible timings
It has been one of my great experiences and opportunity to work as a Software Developer co-op for a duration of 8 months at Thomson Reuters, Rochester, NY.

Had to work on a customer oriented large scale legal product. During the period, I gained a lot of knowledge, made new friends and improved my skills further.

The workplace and the people are really fun and inspiring to work with.
Great Place
Tier 1 Support (Current Employee), VirginiaJune 10, 2015
Thomson is a very wonderful place. Job security is a little in question as they are restructuring but other than that work life balance is awesome. They allow you to work remote. Its an awesome place.
Thomson Reuters Review
Regional Business Manager for Eikon (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Thomson Reuters is a great place to work. They pay well, and offer wonderful benefits. The work life balance offered is much better than other companies (especially in the financial space), since most work can be done remotely, allowing for flexibility in your work and work-from-home schedule. There are many opportunities for advancement, so long as you have a large network and prove yourself in your current role. However, Thomson Reuters culture suffers from political differences in vision between various levels of upper management. There are times when it seems that politics drive decisions more than customer requirements, and since I am in a customer-facing role, I have been able to see the effect of these decisions. I am only familiar with the segment of TR I work in, which is the Financial and Risk business, so this review applies to that group only.

1 2 3 4 5

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Salaries