Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employer Reviews

Good place to start career
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
TR was a good name on the resume and I learned a lot as my first job here. Overall the company is a bit of a mess as they keep acquiring companies and launching new products but don't know where to place those companies within TR or advance the products to make them better and stay in the marketplace.
Plenty of work
Researcher (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: understaffed and large workload
My day starts off organizing and reviewing work from the previous day to make sure information is accurate. I spend a lot of time reading, proof reading case files for specific documents for identification purposes. I've learned to be more precise in terms of sharing information with my team members and became a stronger communicator in the process. – more... The hardest part of the job is the workload and deadlines but that challenge of making me more organized has become invaluable. I enjoy the challenges of organizing and processing information to serve a purpose bigger than myself. – less
Good
Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 10, 2014
Good work
Good culture
Good people
Good environment
Interesting task
Technical support specialist
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 10, 2014
Answer questions about complex tax software. Users are sophisticated accountants and the work can be demanding.
Productive & fun working with the client
VMWARE ADMIN (Former Employee), Eagan, MNNovember 6, 2014
Work environment was nice
Management was supportive
Fun working with team mates
Good people, lack accountability as a company
Product Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: compensation and opportunity for advancement
A lot of freedom to learn from good people
Very little accountability
Very little guidance
Silo mentality among different departments
Financial data company where very few employees have actual financial industry experience
Talent pool has shrank considerably due to attrition and multiple layoffs
Productive and fun place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: growth opportunities with every review
Cons: compensation
The best company to work for thus far! Lasted 10 yrs, and wore several hats within those years. There was so many growth opportunities to take, and I took them all. Such an ideal company! Co-workers were all productive, I trained new hires which was the most fun hat I wore!
Any day at work
Director, Emerging Markets, LATIN AMERICA & MAR (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: different languages, different departments, high exposure, high expectations in delivery revenue
Pipeline review, facilitating Sales group activities, business decisions, contract reviews, approvals, calls with Sr Leadership etc takes also an important part
fast pace very hands on productive compnay
Senior Order Management Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2014
Thomson Reuters is a very fast-paced, high energy corporation. I perform daily order processing orders in Siebel, provide monthly revenue reports, work proficient in SAP, ORACLE. I'm part of toast masters at Thomson Reuters and work with volunteer outreach within the company.
Fast pace and productive
Production Processor Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2014
Thomson Reuters, ISI same company but name has changed.

Very productive company.
Worked with a great group of people
Customer First Advisor/Lead HTML Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2014
Awesome crew to work with. Very tight nit group of people to work with and for.
Great work life atmosphere
Professional Sales Consultant (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: travel, paid for excelling.
Cons: none i can think of.
High expectations, rewarded for excelling. Management showed true concern for professional growth.
Great college job
Associate Account Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2014
Good hours, good team mates most of the time, good college job.
Friendly employees, freely share knowledge
Contractor - Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee), Winter Park. FLOctober 12, 2014
Pros: cake once a month for birthdays - really?
Cons: no breaks
Thomson Reuters management fired me go after the accidental death of my 25 year old son! He was my only child.

I took an APPROVED week off to grieve, on Thursday of that week. My recruiter called to say, "they do not want you to come back". I asked why and there was silence.

Other employees were appalled at this heartless, merciless act. Some employees – more... quit shortly thereafter and others are still looking for a better company.

I do not know why they fired me. They would not tell me. I am surmising; A developer committed suicide 2 months prior due to the stress of his job. For fear the company would be affected again, they let me go, without a thought as to what this would odo to me personally. No heart.

My performance record was perfect before - I had emails to prove it! After this happened, management said "I pushed back on working the processes". Funny thing.... they had NO written processes.

You have to find the humor when your only child passes away AND you lose your job in the same month. I am supporting myself and had spent a lot of money on my sons 2 funerals.

I AM STILL UNEMPLOYED! On the verge of losing my home.

Thanks to Obama, you only get 4 months of "RE-EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE". NO EXTENSIONS.

Contractors have no legal rights, per 3 attorneys.

Signed:.
alive.... alone... – less
Company has lost its focus
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: workload, job-life balance, unprofessional managers, alot of promotion due to "sleeping around" which is against policy but isint enforced.
Most jobs have been outsourced due to massive cost cutting measures. Offshore teams have very bad turnover and as such the quality of the products has had a major decline. The last round of layoffs was based solely on salary so whats left is a lot of newer people who don't understand the business and products. Total shame. At one time it was a great – more... company to work for with a good name. – less
Many opportunities
Content and Analytic Strategies Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
With a global company like Thomson Reuters, there are countless sectors all engaged in a specific area. As an intern, I connected with several and succeeded with the areas best suited to my interests and skill set.
Good place for Interns
Technical Intern, BigData (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
I'm a fresher. It was a great learning experience in Thomson Reuters.
Not very competitive salary or happy environment
system administrator (Former Employee), new yorkOctober 6, 2014
Pros: company name recognition
Cons: low pay, poor management, no upward mobility.
There is no upward mobility. Very abusive and manipulative management. Could potentially be a career killer.
decent place to work, free parking
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), east haven, ctOctober 3, 2014
decent place to work, i was able to work part time from home. Coworkers were very nice
Stressful
Strategic Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia PASeptember 29, 2014
Hard place to have work/life balance.
Good place to start a global career.

1 2 3 4 5

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos