Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Great pay and benefits
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2017
The work environment is supportive, but you are overloaded with work. It is expected you stay to get your work completed to avoid getting behind. The work/life balance doesn't seem to be a priority, although you do get plenty of vacation time. You may have to work on days off to catch up on work.
It is a lax environment, but it can get stressful with the expectations and upset clients. I do like the recognition and appreciation because management knows it is a hard job.
I don't like all of the junk food everywhere. It doesn't seem like health is much of the culture or priority.
Pros
Free coffee, recognition, celebrations with free food
Cons
May have to skip breaks, lunches, and stay late to catch up on work
Great place to work but has its issues
Project Manager, Implementation Services (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 22, 2017
Thomson Reuters has grown tremendously since I joined the team nearly 10 years ago and the small company feeling has ebbed more each year since it was taken over by this global corporation. They offer great benefits, competitive pay and the people you work with are intelligent and outgoing, but the stress in the building is palpable most days, thus the rate of attrition is pretty high among new hires.
Pros
Goog benefits, great co-workers, ok pay
Cons
Upper management holds no loyalty to non-management personnel, stressful environment
Team environment
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2017
Thomson Reuters overall is a good company to work for. They strive to be competitive within the Financial Industry. Some of the upper management may be a little out of touch regarding day to day activities in some departments. They currently use an ordering/asset system that needs to be upgraded or replaced because a lot of time is spent sitting doing nothing because the system is so slow.
Pros
Work from home options are available in some departments.
Cons
Systems need to be upgraded for better efficient use of time.
Used to be a great company to work for!
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 20, 2017
There are companies that care about their employees. This one used to, now it's all about the money. It started 2 years ago with major layoffs, then the conversion of outsourcing began. Employees were either let go, or converted to contractors. Part-time contractors were limited to 35 hours a week, with no vacation or benefits. Those who were fortunate enough to be full-time contractors found their pay reduced, and their heath benefits go up 35%. Would not recommend this company to my worse enemy!
Excellent place to work and enjoyed working
Process Developer (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 8, 2017
Initially, every day was typical as I was new to the Inter-company accounting, lot of learning and got expertise in it.

Professional management, learnt the management skills from Thomson Reuters

Talented co-workers, every one has a different thing in them.

My first transition, dealing with UK counterparts directly, understanding the knowledge transfer initially was the tough job.

Stabilizing the process in six months of taking over the process
Pros
Facilities, Transport, accomodation (during transition) rewards and recognitions
Cons
not much
Satisfaction
Senior Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Taking pride in knowing you made a difference, Helped someone with a problem and bringing it to a resolution...
Work with outsource team in applying all payments to respective invoices and account.
Researching any payments that failed to properly identify invoice, and correctly identifying correct account or parent partner.
Refunding any erroneous payments or credits to clients.
Work with Credit card partner to ensure we were in full compliance and posting payments to correct invoice.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Cost cuts hurting the customer experience sector of company
TR - Direct Sales Position
Account Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2016
The organization was extremely bureaucratic, and challenging to move within the company to a different role to expand your horizons and skill set. Some colleagues were genuine, knowledgeable, helpful resources that collaborate on projects/deals, but many others were just floating by on cruise control, working the system.
Pros
benefits, location of office, commission plan
Cons
management team, lack of effective communication, difficult to move roles internally
Great place to work with job security and enforced work/life balance
DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 15, 2016
Working here opens the doors to so many opportunities. Their training for interns puts more emphasis on preparing you for the future you desire than a future with the company, and the VP of Customer Operations takes the time to learn everybody's names and get to know you pretty well.

Strong emphasis on work/life balance at this company. They ask that you don't take your work home with you, and they are heavy on the coffee breaks.

Overall great place to work!
Pros
Caring management, fair benefits, opportunities for growth
Cons
Low work ethic
My team was supportive and everyone was willing to pitch in to meet deadlines.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
Most team members worked remotely so we had weekly conference calls to provide progress and updates on progress. We had the chance to work independently as well as collaboratively.
My co-workers were the greatest--very supportive and willing to help out to meet deadlines if necessary.
My boss held monthly information meetings to help us learn new skills that would enhance our job performance.
Very political, slow and sloppy
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
TR is constantly changing management hierarchy which became a bit tedious and confusing. As with large companies of this nature, the bottom line is saved for the stockholders. Massive layoffs were expected on a bi-annual basis with very little domestic back-filling. Most of the technical development was moved to a consulting firm in India which had competing objectives with TR and made the job more difficult than it should have been.
Pros
large network with opportunity to learn many skills.
Cons
constant flux that created a constant uncertainty

Want to know more about Thomson Reuters?

Ask a question
Experience at Thomson Reuters
Project Delivery Manager & Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 1, 2016
Thomson Reuters is a top-ranking information services company with over 50,000 employees. Senior Management did not hesitate to lay off as many people as they possibly could, but they never gave up on their bonuses. Though, my working experience was great, but the phase was pretty rough. I really enjoyed the technical aspect of the project, and don't regret the opportunity.
RE: Good benefits, and envioronment
Technology Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2016
Enjoyable place to work. Would like to see more stability and less change. Micromanagement is everywhere and the next change is always just around the corner. It is hard to be effective in an environment where you are always looking over your shoulder.
Pros
Benefits (health isn't as good, near as good as it used to be)
Cons
Constant reorganization
Great products, great money, no life.
Account Manager, Tax & Accounting (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 25, 2016
Great products, good company, pretty tough when it comes to work life balance. I have worked here for over 3 years and almost every week I work 70 hours or more. It's very tough to take a vacation and succeed. If you are single and/or don't have a life, it's great because you can make a lot of money. If you have a family and you are dedicated to your family, it can be really rough. The health care benefits are pretty expensive.
Pros
Great money, best products in the market!
Cons
Work-life balance is very bad.
A fun and exciting place to work.
Account Director, Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Thomson Reuters. it is a huge company that encourages movement with the organization across roles, work streams and borders. A Fun and Vibrant corporate culture
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
The financial and Risk area is shrinking due to the restructuring of the Financial sector.
IT Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 18, 2016
The department I worked in was new, having recently developed a data transfer device that was milliseconds faster than the one currently used. Therefore there was a rush to include all the stock exchanges. The learning curve was steep and training systems were not in place, so I found the job challenging but exciting. A typical day was simply going in and picking up where I left off the day before. I learned that I could work independently and could be a leader.
Pros
Pride in working for a company of Reuters' stature
Cons
Frustration of deadlines that were sometimes very challenging
Enjoyed my time there
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 14, 2016
Overall, company was well-balanced and fun to work for. Pay was decent, benefits were alright. Overall, industry is tough on them right now, but they are keeping it in perspective. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a good place to go to.
Pros
Benefits, Involvement, Advancement
Cons
Industry Headwinds, Bureaucracy in Sr Mgmt
Temp job
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 22, 2017
Unfortunately, although this job paid well, the company was unorganized. The new employees weren't given a logon ID for about the first month. We had to read about the company and the procedures the entire first month. This was hard to understand not knowing anything about the job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of Training
Good work-life balance, nice people to work with
Client Manager, Corporate Legal Departments (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
Good work-life balance; nice people. Good pay and benefits. Nice and supportive culture. Management is supportive and company offers lots of opportunities for career and personal growth
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
Divisions that don't perform well will quickly have layoffs
Productive envoirnment for a full work day
Creve Couer, MO Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  717 Office ParkwayJanuary 16, 2017
My position at Thomson Reuters dealing with different issues daily. Account related issues for our clients including invoices, invoicing portals, ACH, wires.
Pros
Very diverse, monthly benefits/work from home.
Cons
System issues when workig from home.
A place for work life balance
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 13, 2017
Excellent growth work life balance.Ability to move laterally throughout the organization. Good pay and benefits. Great culture at the workplace, wonderful employees and management. Appreciation for the hard work put in motivates to achieve higher.
Pros
Managemnt
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.