Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Tax and Accounting Consultant - B2B Sales (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 26, 2015
Thomson Reuters is a good company to work for. I have learned a lot in the areas of technical support, customer service and sales. They invest in their employees to help them be successful.
Job Work/ Life Balance is good.
Business Process Outsourcing Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 19, 2015
Did not see myself growing within the company. Not much room for growth. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Felt like the product (portia) i was working with was a little dated.
Fun Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Manila, P00August 11, 2015
There is an open door policy. Managers listen to their employees and gives their employees more training opportunities. The Managers are good motivators and are all willing to help their employees succeed.
Great co-workers, horrendous management
Thomson Reuters (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 3, 2015
TR goes further downhill on a daily basis, at least from an employee perspective. They cut benefits, yet they have the money to create stupid executive positions like "Chief Customer Officer" and "Chief Strategy Officer" - I guess the CEO doesn't know anything about strategy. All that matters around here is short-term statistics that make management look good, never taking into account the fact that they're nothing without the rest of us and over the long term there will be a price to pay. There are a lot of unhappy people here.
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 2, 2015

Open environment

8-4 pm

Loose yet productive environment

Open environment

8-4 pm

Loose yet productive environment
I great position to learn grow
Team Lead, Global Service Desk (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Lots of support and excitement
Cons: A lot of long days.
I found that working at Thomson Reuters i was able to come in to my own as a people and operations manager. My typical day included communicating the with staff members and getting them prepared for the day with any updates on outstanding issues. I provided the staff members with coaching and mentoring and prepared them for the next step in their careers.

My colleagues and manager were amazing people constantly a wealth of information and examples.

The hardest part of the job was making the hard decision when a staff member was performing as expected.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was seeing a staff members move on to the next job in their career.
great company
Global Client Trainer (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 31, 2015
Really enjoyed my time there. Good work/ life balance. I had a very positive experience and would recommend to family/ friends.
Great Work/Life Balance, So-so culture
Regional Business Manager for Eikon (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
- Pay well, and very flexible schedule
- Politics at the top of the organization negatively affect the culture
- Goals of the overall leadership/BOD and the requirements of the customer do not align
Bad Company
Unimportant (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 23, 2015
Cons: Extremely poor management.
Thomson Reuters, Eagan location, is highly dysfunctional. Most management shouldn't be in management positions. They way the grow the business (for the shareholders, not the customers or employees) is to have annual layoffs each October. They prefer to promote incompetence. Antiquated technology. If you're background is anything but a J.D., don't work here.
Very nice and productive place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work have enjoyed working at Thomson Reuters, very friendly people with strong sense of team work which results in high productivity. Would definitely recommend this company. great benefits
Intern
Project Management (Former Employee), JPCJuly 18, 2015
Worked as a project manager for internal communication development. The office environment and people are good and liked its atmosphere.
The Pioneer Press and Minneapolis Tribune were always on the break table!
Legal Verification Generalist (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Frequent raises, variety of work positions
Cons: Having to leave the company due to layoff in 2011
Thomson Reuters was a great place to work in the meaning of true learning opportunities in the field of law. In the course of my 25 year tenure, I held positions of great interest and educational values. I held positions which required meticulous attention to detail and excellent verification skills. I also was given the chance to work with people like headnote writers and attorney editors who were not only personal friends, but I also learned skills such as editing from them. It was a nice experience in my life that I will always remember with fondness.
Flexible, fast paced environment
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 17, 2015
My primary responsibilities were to perform document review for expert witnesses and create expert witness profiles. I benefited by having a deeper understanding of the rules of evidence.
Great Place to work
network analysis (Current Employee), ann arbor MIJuly 15, 2015
They allow you to do your job and able to make feel like one big happy family. Great co-worker and My team is one of the best I worked with.
GREAT company overall...your experience may vary with department
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 14, 2015
This is a great place to work. For a large company, improvement areas get addressed quickly. The corporate culture is second to none. Company picnics, winter parties with Santa, Reindeer and gifts for the kids. This place even has a happy hour in the parking lot a couple times a year. I've worked in some terrible environments, and this is NOT one of them.
Product learning and training experience
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: lack of support
Exciting
Checkpoint Learning
Could be more engaging.
nothing
coming to work - helping customers solve their issues.
Nothing more to say
Not minority friendly
Product Support Representative (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 9, 2015
Pros: amazing benefits and PTO availability
Cons: poor training and management doesn't consist of any minorities.
As far as the office in Ann Arbor, MI, there isn't much room for advancement for minorities within the company. There are no minorities in upper management, and managers tend to show favorites within the office. All accountability falls on the support reps, and none on Team leads or team supervisors. Hardest part of the job is getting the adequate training needed to be successful. There is no testing after training and you are expected to meet/exceed productivity goals on day one, with no learning curve.
Great people to work with
Assist attorneys in the New Mexico and El Paso (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2015
Learned how to work with attorney's and tons of cold calling. Management was good the training program was good and the culture was good
Disfunctional Company
Infrastructure Service Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2015
Poor Management structure at the time. Company lost direction after merge. As a contractor was treated poorly. Hopefully it is a better environment now.
Huge environment with lots of interesting work
Solutions Designer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJune 28, 2015
Fast paced and challenging work! I have learned a lot while working there. Collaboration is a must, but easy to do because the environment is very welcoming. Work life balance is great, pay and benefits are good.
Headquarters