Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews in United States

Market leader in legal research
Law Firm Consultant - Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2016
Great company to work for. Management is honest and open. Company working hard to remain market leader and provide workflow solutions to law firms, large and small.
Pros
Cons
Increasingly competitive marketplace
Hi
Sr. Dot Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2016
It was great pleasure for me to work at Thomson Reuters.Good work culture,management,exposure to new technologies.Most enjoyable
Patent Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 10, 2016
Great place to work but a very corporate culture and things did not move at a rapid pace through the organization. Very bureaucratic organization
Family like environment with supportive colleagues.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2016
We're a huge OLD company that was the result of 100s of acquisitions. Compared to Google, a Software Engineer wouldn't want to be here. It's not tailored for high caliber engineers who are highly paid and who's time is highly respected. Bureaucracy is all over the place. From HR, to project team level.

My manager is a great person, that's the main reason I'm still here. Also, our benefits are top notch, not our perks though.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
No free food.
A large company with a great culture
Executive Assistant and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
Thomson Reuters is a large company but the culture does not feel like you are working for such a large company. The CEO is very personable and the company cares for both employees and community alike. I had a wonderful experience working at Thomson Reuters.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Friendly and comfortable environment to be in
Systems Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 5, 2016
Typical day: Responding to current emails in my inbox, working on open and new customer tickets, answering phones in the technical support program and OS Systems related phone queues, helping customer resolve new issues.

Management: Very pleasant and easy to get along with. Usually in meetings the majority of the day.

Co-Workers: The best part of the job, very friendly and the environment is great to work in.

Hardest part of the job: Busy season (tax season), when the calls are back to back for 9-10 hours straight.

Most enjoyable part of the job: My co-workers.

What I learned: I learned a lot about troubleshooting operating systems and installation issues and a lot about our cloud storage and virtual office suite that is in a citrix based environment.
Pros
Your co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
A decent company
Agile Team Delivery Leader (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 5, 2016
It's a good company overall, but career advancement can be challenging depending on the area. There have been a lot of leadership changes and direction changes.
Productive and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 5, 2016
My daily routine started as opening and turning over the phones.I then restocked all the kitchen supplies as well as picked up outgoing mail and ups shipments. I logged maintenance calls as well as called them in to the maintenance crew. I also set up conference calls and logged information. Maintained store rooms by ordering and restocking and cleaning. I also kept all Xerox printers, copiers and fax machines supplied and maintained and sent the monthly usage to Xerox via fax. I helped where I was need for any function I was able to.
The worst part of the job was lack of advancement from this position.
The best part of the job was my fellow co-workers. I have made many lasting friendships after working here and have to say this was my favorite job!
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Lack off advancement opportunities
Great Company to work for
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 4, 2016
Thomson Reuters is an Information selling company. They were not set up to prepare tax forms and thus sold the business to EY. The culture was very good. They are extremely Client Services oriented company.
Pros
Liberal vacation and sick days policy
Cons
Tax expertise was not available instantly.
Work environment is very friendly and motivating co workers
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dexter, MIMay 3, 2016
Workplace is motivating. Co workers are very hard workers. Learned how to react on challenging situation. Multicultural people.
No long term opportunities
Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 2, 2016
Thomson Reuters, is a very great company, but opportunities for permanent placement is limited. Typical day at work, unlocking passwords, resetting customers account, and providing world class customer service, every customer, every time, no exceptions. My coworkers were great people, I learned some unique skills in tech support to advance my customer support skills. The most enjoyable part of job, was helping both external and internal customer resolve their issue.
Pros
Leadership is great
Cons
Culturally basis
Only thing constant is change
Legal Researcher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2016
The turn over rate is terrible. Manager quits a lot and causes chaos at the lower level. Other than that, the work environment is not too stressful. The management is also very flexible.
Great Health Benefits, Good Job Culture
Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 24, 2016
Outsourcing is only downside, great people, opportunity for advancement is pretty good. Health benefits are good, also plenty of other kinds of benefits.
Fun & Challenging
Software Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 21, 2016
Thomson Reuters is the market leader for a reason. You will learn a lot with this company. Just make sure you are comfortable speaking with lawyers.
Good Place To Work
Sales Operations Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 18, 2016
I've been with TR for just about 4 years and it's been a great place to work. I've been fortunate enough to have been in good jobs which haven't been affected by layoffs (customer service due to outsourcing). The downside, in my opinion, is the pay. It seems, like with any big company, you aren't paid what you could be elsewhere, and the yearly increases are very small. Overall, I would recommend it as a very good place to work.
smaller group within thomson reuters, lots of uncertainty
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 17, 2016
smaller mature group within thomson reuters. afraid to think of future so i left. lots of changes in small amount of time i was there did not make me comfortable towards the future.
Pros
great work location
Cons
no future
Thomson Reuters
Global Exhibition Marketing Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 15, 2016
Thomson Reuters is a highly respected member of corporate America. Always seen as the leading information provider for Legal, Tax and Accounting and Financial & Risk.

I've appreciated my time with this company, but I just know I'm not done with my career options!
Pros
Flexible work schedule
overall an ok place to work
Compensation Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
process analytics and work with hr bps

learned to do a lot of reporting and analytics

management was ok

coworkers were nice

the hardest part was working as a team since everyone works very independent

the most enjoyable was my coworkers
Good people
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 8, 2016
A typical day depends on what department you are in. My typical day would be 12 callers a day.
I learned to take ownership of calls there.
Management is easy to get along with and good leaders.
Good co-workers and wonderful atmosphere.
Learning accounting is the hardest part about the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people and holidays.
Review of Thomson Reuters
Product Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 4, 2016
Thomson Reuters is a producer of financial software. It is a nice place to work a tech savy person and promotion is available contingent upon your demonstrated capability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.