Thomson Reuters

1.1K reviews

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

very diverse
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2015
remote working, diverse, great people, i've been there for 7 years. Very hard workers, multiple locations and division. the company goes through a reorg every year almost.
Great place to work for
Sales & Account Management Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 4, 2015
I loved working at Thomson Reuters. I started out as an inside account manager and was promoted to sales trainer. Great work/life balance, reasonable benefits and support.
Help center environment, with free dinner during tax season.
Product Support Role (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 3, 2015
-A typical day varies. During the two tax seasons, there's almost no breaks in between calls, but the rest of the year there is time to do self development and training in between calls from clients. I learned quickly how to use two different software products with the paid training that was provided.
-The hardest part of the job is dealing with stressed out clients during tax season. Being on the Frontline support, you have to build a shell to block out the stress that comes through the phones twice a year.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is the job culture, the managers do try to make it a more enjoyable environment to be in because they know that it's a stressful time during the tax season.
Pros
Free dinners during tax season and overtime opportunities
Cons
Dealing with stressed clients during Tax season, timed breaks and lunches, watched like a child all the time.
Great Work/Life balance, flexible schedule
Official Certificates Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MINovember 23, 2015
I was given great opportunities at Thomson Reuters that I am grateful for, however the management did not evolve with the change and growth of business.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
overly-demanding and under trained staff
Decent work-life balance
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 23, 2015
Decent work-life balance. Workout classes available at not charge. Walking trails. Healthy menu in cafeteria. Many conveniences.
A Great Place to Work
Manager, Associate Program (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 20, 2015
I've worked here for almost 5 years and I can honestly say that it is a great place to be. There is quite a lot of opportunity and there us wonderful innovation going here.
Good Experience
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 18, 2015
Overall it has been a great experience working for Thomson Reuters. They offer several different advancement positions, lots of areas to grow within the company. Perfect job for a recent grad or someone new to sales. They help to develop talent as well as your career in the industry as a whole.
Pros
training, security
Cons
low base salary
A slow company with little direction
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
The day to day work is light and uncomplicated, but anything requiring approval or coordination can take quite a while. Most time is spent waiting rather than doing. The company is in the process of reinventing itself, and currently lacks a true strategy as to where it will emerge at the end of that reinvention. Heavy bureaucracy is part of the workflow and it's easy to get trapped on projects that may have no future. The work culture is defined more by individual business segments than by the company as a whole. One benefit of such a slow-moving environment is that it's easy to have a good work/life balance and the company allows working remotely almost without restriction.
Pros
Flexible hours, working remotely
Cons
Lack of company organization, dead-end projects can remain in operation too long
Fast Paced always a go go environment
Lead Network Voice Engineer Cisco IPT Team (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 13, 2015
Loved working across the globe on challenging project. Sr. Leadership only worried about the stock price. Smart people worked and work there. We were outsourced.
Pros
lots of technology
Cons
only stock price driven
Thomson Reuters a good place to work
Technology Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
Thomson reuters has potential to be a great place to work. The environment is excellent and the work life balance is something they try to focus on. However, the organization is constantly in flux and the decentralized nature of the organization makes it difficult for any real change or progress to come about.
Pros
Work Life balance, benefits
Cons
Decentralized, constantly changing
TR: nice work team
Sr. Netcool System Engineer for USA (Current Employee) –  GlobalNovember 6, 2015
Worked together with many cultures and experiences. High resolution level and good brainstorming. Home office allowed. Bonus and salary review accoring performance.
Great work environment, learned and grew as an employee
Major Programs and Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 5, 2015
Over the 18 years and 11 months working at Thomson Reuters, I evolved as a person and employee with the ever changing world that is a Data Center. With new technologies and best practices happening all the time, it was easy to stay engaged and always wanting to learn more. I've worked independently, in a group and as a manager and all experiences have taught me a lot. I've dealt directly with crisis, stringent timescales and have a proven record of succeeding. I started of at Thomson Financial, which became ILX and then Thomson and finally Thomson Reuters. No matter what the name of the company it was always a great place to work.
Pros
Constant change of technologies to learn
Great Company!
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 3, 2015
Great company, and lots of benefits. Fun place to work and lots of people excited to work here. Some groups are better than others, but overall great co-workers.
A great Company to Work with
Global Service Desk Analyst - Editorial (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 30, 2015
Its just an amazing company!
The diversity of the workplace is remarkable!
It is literally working while having fun.

We work hard and we were taken cared of.
OK
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 25, 2015
There are pros and cons but overall an ok place to work, just depends on the area you are in. Salaries are slightly below average and benefits were better a couple of years ago. They jumped on the Obamacare bandwagon and made a lot of changes that negatively impacted us financially
Good company if we have good management
Senior Manager - Transfer Pricing Services (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 21, 2015
The management team does not care about the people at the firm and every year there is a new vision or strategic direction
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed my 11 years of service. The benefits are great, and the work hard and play hard philosophy applies. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE
Pros
great compensation
Cons
sales pressure
Great people, but company needs some upkeep
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 13, 2015
The company's size is its greatest strength and weakness. Has great benefits and vacation time. Job security/advancement for my area is limited, but it's a big enough company to have options to move to other departments. Managers are very supportive, all of my coworkers are great. For a tech support job, the pay is pretty good.

Hardest thing about the job is working with the different departments. It's not that the people are bad, but because there are SO many products, it's common for people to get confused on what's going on. Miscommunication is HUGE because of this, which causes solutions to be delayed, mistakes to be made, and customers get upset. Also, some of our product software haven't been updated since Windows XP. Our development team is overworked, and they get the bare minimum done before moving on. Because of this, if a product isn't completely broken, any other fixes to it could take years if you're lucky.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome people at every level
Cons
Company is too big to be managed properly- causes a lot of headaches
excellent and goo
Sr. Android Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2015
work was very good over there and i enjoyed alot

i learned alot from that company and i am very much interested to work like that company again..
HR Payroll Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stamford Ct.October 12, 2015
I LOVED working at Thomson Reuters. They sold the newspaper business - so you have to be willing to move a lot with them. We moved to Penn. Connecticut, and North Carolina with Thomson - when they wanted us to move to Minneapolis, New York, or London, we said No, but a part of us wish we had stayed with Thomson and moved to London!!! It pays very well and even had a pension plan when I worked there. If they had a job for me today I would take it!!!! The work is challenging and there is no hand holding!!!

I learned a lot from the VP of HR and the CEO was so much FUN! They let us buy the latest and greatest technology and really listened and supported us when we had ideas to implement needed updates in different ways. Great cafeteria - loved the people I worked with.
Pros
Great pay - great benefits - challenging work
Cons
moved a lot