Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Fast Pace and Productive
Product Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 4, 2017
You are always busy and if you like to research, this job is for you. You work with other departments in the US as well as India. The company has great benefits.
Relaxed environment that does not value education
Business Analyst - Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 4, 2017
Management is only achieved by those that play politics. Most managers throw you under a bus, but there are a couple good managers. Most of thomson sends upper management to nyc for nonsense meetings and bleeds the education budget. Anyone willing to share skills or want to implement new techniques are pushed out of groups. It is a good place for work life balance if you aren't in technology support, and if you aren't in sales they let you work from home.
Pros
Work from home, work life balance
Cons
Low priority for education, management is knowledgable
Great Company
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 1, 2017
Great company to work for, the people are great and the culture is nice as well. They could do a better job of controlling unnecessary expenses and fund development in the near term to boost sales.
Cannot review
Intern, Sales Effectiveness and Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
I feel as if i did not work here long enough to give an accurate and fair assessment of the company. For that reason, I will not be reviewing this company
Overall good place to work at
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2017
Frequent reorgs and strategy changes.Friendly and easygoing staff and management. Possible to work from home if your job function allows it. Tough to progress your career if you are located in non-strategic location.
Nice place To work
Sr. SAP HANA Developer (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 29, 2017
Pros
Good reviews, good manager, nice campus
Cons
Unwelcoming feeling with disconnected employees in Eagan campus
Advice to Management
Continue engagement and culture appearance awareness
A conglomerate in search of a strategy.
Senior Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 26, 2017
Although the company has achieved some success as evidenced by its size, it acquired too many companies in nonessential business areas simply to show revenue growth. It became unwieldy. It still seems to want to move in too many directions at once.
Great company
Quantitative risk analyst - Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
This is really great company. People here are all very detail oriented and creative. Every people work very hard here and they encourage you as well. And you can learn a lot from them
Great workplace. Lots of work during peak season.
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 19, 2017
Great people. A lot of opportunities for further education. Good benefits. Tasks are not clear for specific designation. You may be tasked to work on a specialist level even if you're an analyst.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Employees are often overworked.
Productive and Challenging
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2017
I enjoy working at Thomson Reuters. It's fun place to work. Management provides time to time feedback and encourages challenging environment. Provides tools to advance your career.
one of my all time places to work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 16, 2017
This was a place where I was just assigned tickets and allowed to go out and close them as I saw fit, I would take a bunch of tickets in the morning, and if I could close them all in time, I would come back and close a few more before time to go home, and they even gave me special stuff to do every now and then, I got to work in the labs.
Very cool place to work
Great place to innovate
Manager of Cloud Operations (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORNovember 14, 2017
This organization is very encouraging to the employees and fosters a culture of consideration and thoughtfulness. Their dedication to that culture is evident and they are always encouraging those values of mindfulness in every activity. This is a place where you can grow and contribute in significant ways.
Pros
Employee centric
Cons
Constant stress around keeping your job
Work/life balance, but low salary
Business Tax Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 14, 2017
Great culture and love the people. However, there a minimal opportunities for growth and the raises aren't enough. I do love the work/life balance and ability to work remotely.
Pros
great benefits, ability to remote, diverse culture and many events
Cons
salary
Thomson reuters have very good experience
Sr. QA Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 13, 2017
.working with thomson reuters had great experience
.Management of thomson is very good
.colleagues of mine is very good in thomson reuters
.I have learnt many things thomson reuters
No certification on connectors to Thomson Reuters tax software
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 9, 2017
Thomson Reuters was attempting to capture the small and medium business space having made huge strides in the Enterprise space. They laid off developers and we were asked to keep customers in the sales cycle to wait for the developers to certify the connectors to our software. You cannot conduct business in this manner in an already competitive environment.
Account Exec
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 9, 2017
Almost completely dependent on getting a good territory. Some entry level managers are awful and some are incredible at what they do. If you can work your way past these things, you will do well.
Pros
Good pay, fun culture
Cons
Horribly untalented low level management
No job growth and low wages
Compliance Attorney (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 8, 2017
It is very hard to move up in this company and employees are not compensated very well. This leads to high turnover rates among teams. There is a good work-life balance, which is what attracts a lot of people.
Positive place to work with many opportunities to advance.
Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 6, 2017
Everyday I am assigned a different task. I work on that task all day. If I get finished before the end of the day I check with my other co-workers to see if they need any help. Every Quarter things pick-up and we become very busy.

Turn over is low and work as a team.
Pros
Great benefits and work hours
Cons
None that I can think of.
Good Company
Global Sourcing Operations, Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 6, 2017
I have worked for Thomson Reuters for 5 years and started here as an intern. My team managing our Card Program is great and very easy to work with. I was able to expand my role over the years to make it more strategic and add more value to the company.

It was a challenge to get a pay increase and move up in the company but that was more of a factor of having an operations role which was not consisted strategic.
Productive and fun workplace in France
member (Former Employee) –  ParisNovember 6, 2017
My typical day would consist of meeting my mentor in his office. He would give me a task. The internship was mostly about how they gather News through research, interviewing people, and going to events such as the Paris Olympics 2024 Conference. Then, I would have to write an article about the subject he gives me. He would correct me, teach me how to cite sources correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people at lunch, being surrounded by television sets broadcasting live news. I also loved the outdoor tasks such as interviewing Uber drivers on strike in Paris. I learned how to listen to both sides of an argument.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.