Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Thomson Reuters Review
Regional Business Manager for Eikon (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Thomson Reuters is a great place to work. They pay well, and offer wonderful benefits. The work life balance offered is much better than other companies (especially in the financial space), since most work can be done remotely, allowing for flexibility in your work and work-from-home schedule. There are many opportunities for advancement, so long as you have a large network and prove yourself in your current role. However, Thomson Reuters culture suffers from political differences in vision between various levels of upper management. There are times when it seems that politics drive decisions more than customer requirements, and since I am in a customer-facing role, I have been able to see the effect of these decisions. I am only familiar with the segment of TR I work in, which is the Financial and Risk business, so this review applies to that group only.
Large location, with multiple cafeterias (Eagan location).
Global Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 8, 2015
I liked working for Thomson Reuters because everything was so convenient for me to where I did not have to leave the building on lunches and breaks. I also loved the team I worked with, considering I had the best team leader and some awesome coworkers. The hours were very flexible before my department was outsourced to IBM. I would consider this place to be great to work, but unfortunately the jobs there have minimal security. The company is well known for layoffs. I learned much about my career field by working for this company, and got to see the corporate life at such a young age. I would work for them again.
Great
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: professional staff
Cons: very old IT systems
Nice company, Good salary and top notch IT staff.
PMO structure very efficient and projects closely watched for progress.
Great company to work for
Senior QA Analyst (consultant) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great work and life balance, Great salary
Cons: No benefits as a consultant
Thomson Reuters is a great company to work for. I have learned and gained extensive knowledge on new products and have enhance my skills as a QA Analysts while taking on difficult and challenging projects.
Decent Place to work
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work
Cons: Compensation, Upper Management
A good place for someone fresh out of college. Pay scale is sub-par for such a large company. Management needs to be overhauled.
Management continues to have problems...managing
Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: Work/Life balance; compensation; benefits
Cons: Poor management; fear of layoff
TR is a potentially great place with many good things, but the way project are managed and resources managed leaves a lot to be desired. The constant threat of layoff is difficult
Above Average Employer
Senior software engineer (Current Employee), PhialdelphiaMay 31, 2015
I do enjoy working at Thomson Reuters more than previous jobs in the IT industry. There is an effort made to make the work place bright in warm, which I appreciate. The downside is that the workload is over allocated and deadlines are tight so the work life impedes on your personal life and thereby time designated for professional development.
Great bunch of people
Software Developer (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 29, 2015
Many opportunities, great people
Exposure to many new technologies
Opportunities to work remote, volunteer time.
Major holidays off
Work with people all over the planet
Friendly place to work
Attorney Editor - Contractor (Current Employee), Eagan, MNMay 26, 2015
I am working as a contractor in an attorney editor position. Thomson Reuters is a great company to work for. The job work/life balance is excellent and the compensation is decent.
High Potential but lack of training and management support
Account Director (Current Employee), VirginiaMay 21, 2015
The role of Account Director in F&R is a great opportunity, however the lack of training and support from management creates a very stressful and unorganized environment.
Career Development Program
Career Development Program (Former Employee), Ann ArborMay 20, 2015
Was a very thorough Career Development Program that gave insights to the tax and accounting industry, and day to day operations of employees.
Fun work environment.
Order Analyst (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 11, 2015
An amazing company to work for. They offer a lot of things that most company's do not offer. The hiring process is tough but well worth it.
Ok, poor salary and merit increas
IT Support (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: Kind people
Cons: Massive layoffs after merger, poor salary
Poor salary and merit increase for Ex TR. Reuters makes more
Family friendly, need time off for family they worked with you
High level of camaraderie overall
A slowly lumbering dinosaur.
Senior Attorney Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons: Management
Once the world's preeminent legal publisher, West became a corporate behemoth under TR leadership.

From "colleagues" overseas to "merit" raises that have more to do with longevity than actual work, you can count on working somewhere full of mindless clock punchers who lack any goals, vision, or creative thought.

Run away.
good company and people culture
Compliance Manager Mergers and Acquisitions (Current Employee), rochsesterApril 30, 2015
Pros: employee gatherings
I've managed a staff of 37 people and large projects. I've learned a great deal about budgeting and finance. Motivating people and setting timelines and smart goals was interesting. The hardest part of my job has been working across time zone boundaries. I like all the aspects of my current role and responsibilities.
Everyday workday
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAApril 24, 2015
Call on all incoming inquiries and verify with potential client that information is true and that they do not currently have an attorney for the campaign that they inquired about. Transfer call to attorney if qualified.
Great company to work for.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 22, 2015
Thomson Reuters is a great compnay to work for. It's a large company with a small, laid back office atmosphere. Great benefits.
Good work environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee), St marks road, banagloreApril 21, 2015
Nice place to work.
Management is not as expected.
Co - workers are good
Nice time and enjoy the work culture.
Good place to work on product based testing
used to be great work culture
Technical Writer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 19, 2015
overall experience good
work from home options
flexible timings
great colleagues
but lot of frequent reorgs & continuing recent layoffs are a concern
Interesting company to work for.
Senior Sales Order Specialist, Chicago (Former Employee), Buenos Aires, BApril 17, 2015
no motivation to work hard, constantly squeezing pay from employees and constant layoffs. Managers did what they could with what they had but company was disorganized and very uninspiring.

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Salaries