Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employer Reviews

Worked with a great group of people
Customer First Advisor/Lead HTML Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2014
Awesome crew to work with. Very tight nit group of people to work with and for.
Great work life atmosphere
Professional Sales Consultant (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: travel, paid for excelling.
Cons: none i can think of.
High expectations, rewarded for excelling. Management showed true concern for professional growth.
Great college job
Associate Account Specialist (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2014
Good hours, good team mates most of the time, good college job.
Friendly employees, freely share knowledge
Contractor - Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee), Winter Park. FLOctober 12, 2014
Pros: cake once a month for birthdays - really?
Cons: no breaks
Thomson Reuters management fired me go after the accidental death of my 25 year old son! He was my only child.

I took an APPROVED week off to grieve, on Thursday of that week. My recruiter called to say, "they do not want you to come back". I asked why and there was silence.

Other employees were appalled at this heartless, merciless act. Some employees – more... quit shortly thereafter and others are still looking for a better company.

I do not know why they fired me. They would not tell me. I am surmising; A developer committed suicide 2 months prior due to the stress of his job. For fear the company would be affected again, they let me go, without a thought as to what this would odo to me personally. No heart.

My performance record was perfect before - I had emails to prove it! After this happened, management said "I pushed back on working the processes". Funny thing.... they had NO written processes.

You have to find the humor when your only child passes away AND you lose your job in the same month. I am supporting myself and had spent a lot of money on my sons 2 funerals.

I AM STILL UNEMPLOYED! On the verge of losing my home.

Thanks to Obama, you only get 4 months of "RE-EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE". NO EXTENSIONS.

Contractors have no legal rights, per 3 attorneys.

Signed:.
alive.... alone... – less
Company has lost its focus
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: workload, job-life balance, unprofessional managers, alot of promotion due to "sleeping around" which is against policy but isint enforced.
Most jobs have been outsourced due to massive cost cutting measures. Offshore teams have very bad turnover and as such the quality of the products has had a major decline. The last round of layoffs was based solely on salary so whats left is a lot of newer people who don't understand the business and products. Total shame. At one time it was a great – more... company to work for with a good name. – less
Many opportunities
Content and Analytic Strategies Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
With a global company like Thomson Reuters, there are countless sectors all engaged in a specific area. As an intern, I connected with several and succeeded with the areas best suited to my interests and skill set.
Good place for Interns
Technical Intern, BigData (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
I'm a fresher. It was a great learning experience in Thomson Reuters.
Not very competitive salary or happy environment
system administrator (Former Employee), new yorkOctober 6, 2014
Pros: company name recognition
Cons: low pay, poor management, no upward mobility.
There is no upward mobility. Very abusive and manipulative management. Could potentially be a career killer.
decent place to work, free parking
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), east haven, ctOctober 3, 2014
decent place to work, i was able to work part time from home. Coworkers were very nice
Stressful
Strategic Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia PASeptember 29, 2014
Hard place to have work/life balance.
Good place to start a global career.
Thomson Reuters
Director of Telerate Support (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Big corporate company with a great atmosphere for career advancement.
Not a good fit
PM (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Not a good fit for me. Disorganized, political, uncommitted.
Nice place to work
Manager, Service Improvement (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: ideal work - life balance
Cons: job security, stigma of layoffs looms
Great environment with a talented workforce. A lot opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Productive and fun workplace working with machinery
Pressman (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 14, 2014
I had to train myself to change my sleep schedule for night shifts. The people were friendly, but I heard a lot of complaining from my co-workers. They have worked there for so long and each year they get treated more and more unfair. Being switched to different presses is stressful due to the several skills they must know in order to operate a press. – more... More work must be completed in a minimal amount of time. I learned how to pick up concepts fast and work efficiently. – less
Great Place to work!
Senior Order Management Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great vacation policy
Cons: there isn't alot of room for advancement.
Thomson Reuters taught me about the negotiation of contracts and the importance of maintaining good relationships with clients and suppliers. The job is extremely detailed oriented, however, it turned me into a team player.
Marketing & Sales Operations Manager
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
I have years of experience running a marketing operations team. Have implemented both Eloqua and Pardot - with experience in a number of other ESPs (Adestra, Mail Chimp, iContact, Clickback, etc.). A Salesforce admin with experience of setting up advanced workflows, pushing data to / from marketing automation platforms, etc.
Great Benefits and Bonus Structure
Legal Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: job security
inside sales team calling law offices to sell print and CD-ROM materials.
Fast Paced Environment
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXSeptember 8, 2014
The work was challenging and rewarding.
People were very encouraging.
Latest technology was used.
Good Starter Position
Subscription Retention Associate (Current Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: work life balance, decent starting pay for an entry level position
Cons: repetition of daily duties
Typical day consists of 60% inbound and 40% outbound calls. You speak with Attorneys on a daily basis or their office managers.

Work life balance is good. You do not bring your work home with you in this position.

As with any call center type position, the routine can take its toll and wear on you pretty quickly.

Advancement is decent if you want – more... to stay within the Sales side of the business model. – less
Pro and Cons
Legal Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits and working from home
Cons: culture of the company, career advancement
While it is nice working for Thomson Reuters, I do not see myself growing here. It is great for an entry level job but the tasks given will only get you so far. The lack of employee training for credentials is another problem. Management has been great in trying to help me build my resume for the next job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility – more... working and the ability to work from home. Benefits is a huge plus too. – less

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos