Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent small office in a very large company.
DATA CONVERSION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTMay 30, 2016
The East Haven office of Thomson Reuters, IP & Science was an excellent place to work with a great culture and amazing people. Management did their best to be responsive, though it sometimes seemed as though our contributions were lost in a very large company. Business culture, like office culture was exemplary; supportive, customer focused and open to innovation.
Pros
Culture, Top-Notch Staff
Cons
Suffered some cutbacks over the years, and inter-team communication suffered for a while, though that was turning around when I left.
Great place to work for
Sales & Account Management Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 4, 2015
I loved working at Thomson Reuters. I started out as an inside account manager and was promoted to sales trainer. Great work/life balance, reasonable benefits and support.
Decent company to work for
Workflow Improvement Specialist-Sales (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 26, 2016
Decent company to work for. Some of the best managers. They are upgrading their culture. Pay could be better. The diversity is pretty non existent in most higher up avenues.
Pros
Good Managers
Cons
Diversity non-existent
Great place to work at after college
Inside Sales/PPC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Very professional office job. Learned inside sales, presentation skills and accounting product knowledge. Management is laid back and friendly. Very easy job to learn, a little hard to excel at. Hardest part is staying motivated. Most enjoyable are the cool young people you work with.
Good Company
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 1, 2016
Typical day is 9 hours. The people are great to work with so it keeps people wanting to stay at Thomson Reuters. The corporation is striving for a true enterprise approach. There have been many different systems to use and the corporation is trying to simplify and standardize. They are getting better at sharing information between groups which I think will help the corporation become more successful. There are a lot of talented people but not everyone is rewarded the same.
Pros
The people
Cons
Outsourcing of many departments
Good working experience
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
The company provide good working experience for new hire, and student. Learned a lot from working there. Enjoy good interaction between development, and product management.
No long term opportunities
Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 2, 2016
Thomson Reuters, is a very great company, but opportunities for permanent placement is limited. Typical day at work, unlocking passwords, resetting customers account, and providing world class customer service, every customer, every time, no exceptions. My coworkers were great people, I learned some unique skills in tech support to advance my customer support skills. The most enjoyable part of job, was helping both external and internal customer resolve their issue.
Pros
Leadership is great
Cons
Culturally basis
Great company
Executive/Assistant - Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2016
I worked independently for two Managing directors answered calls, took messages, checked confidential emails. Coordinated meetings, travel, expenses. Heavy calendar management. Needed to know how to prioritize work stayed late when needed. Helped out with events, set up tags contacted prospects to confirm attendance, organized and ordered catering. Assisted with ad-hoc projects as needed.

Pros
Great company to work with.. enjoyed my time great division.
Cons
Short contract work.
Review of Thomson Reuters
Product Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 4, 2016
Thomson Reuters is a producer of financial software. It is a nice place to work a tech savy person and promotion is available contingent upon your demonstrated capability.
great company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 2, 2016
diverse portfolio of products. I enjoyed the company culture and many people become successful here.
Great company with talent from all walks of life.
Good work/life balance
Senior Business Analyst, Tax Technology (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 3, 2016
great place for DEV and QA. BA role I found challenging coming from a content group.

I had a 40 work week with some weekends 2-3 times a year. The work is very interesting. I was in product development, first in content, then a BA.

As a BA, I liked being on of the first to know how a new feature works, but I did not enjoy the writing aspects of the job.
Pros
Cons
Changing business units can be difficult. But if you get a lateral move to something you don't like, apply for something you do like there, then become friends with the hiring manager if you aren't already
The Pioneer Press and Minneapolis Tribune were always on the break table!
Legal Verification Generalist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 17, 2015
Thomson Reuters was a great place to work in the meaning of true learning opportunities in the field of law. In the course of my 25 year tenure, I held positions of great interest and educational values. I held positions which required meticulous attention to detail and excellent verification skills. I also was given the chance to work with people like headnote writers and attorney editors who were not only personal friends, but I also learned skills such as editing from them. It was a nice experience in my life that I will always remember with fondness.
Pros
Frequent raises, variety of work positions
Cons
Having to leave the company due to layoff in 2011
Same level of company as Thomson Reuters
Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 9, 2016
• Responsible for growing customer base and revenue focused on new business
• Sold IP Professional Services and achieved 108% sales quota and received Century Club Award
• Promoted to Sales Consultant on IP Services team after one year in associates role
• Through proficient communication skills grew a client base of new business of 80 new customers
Currently past my year to date earnings with over $200,000 in IP Professional Services
Family like environment with supportive colleagues.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2016
We're a huge OLD company that was the result of 100s of acquisitions. Compared to Google, a Software Engineer wouldn't want to be here. It's not tailored for high caliber engineers who are highly paid and who's time is highly respected. Bureaucracy is all over the place. From HR, to project team level.

My manager is a great person, that's the main reason I'm still here. Also, our benefits are top notch, not our perks though.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
No free food.
Progressive Technology Company
IT Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 29, 2016
challenging work
gained a tremendous amount of knowledge
diversity in management styles
diverse global workforce
leveraged resources
Great co-workers, horrendous management
Thomson Reuters (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 3, 2015
TR goes further downhill on a daily basis, at least from an employee perspective. They cut benefits, yet they have the money to create stupid executive positions like "Chief Customer Officer" and "Chief Strategy Officer" - I guess the CEO doesn't know anything about strategy. All that matters around here is short-term statistics that make management look good, never taking into account the fact that they're nothing without the rest of us and over the long term there will be a price to pay. There are a lot of unhappy people here.
Great Company for Growth
IP&Science-Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2016
For a graduate out of college, Thomson Reuters is a great place to start a career path because of the opportunity it provides to employees and the diversity across corporate segments.
Pros
Great office environment
TR: nice work team
Sr. Netcool System Engineer for USA (Current Employee) –  GlobalNovember 6, 2015
Worked together with many cultures and experiences. High resolution level and good brainstorming. Home office allowed. Bonus and salary review accoring performance.
Fun and Supportive Work Environment with Opporunities for Growth
Technical Support Representative I (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 27, 2016
Thomson Reuters provides a fun and relaxed team environment, with competitive pay and great support from management. The hours get a little crazy around tax season, but management is always willing to help you if you are willing to put in the effort.
A typical day would be spent taking calls from our users on the products that we are trained on, meeting productivity and call quality metrics set by management. Co-workers are willing to help you, and you learn a lot about the product within just a few weeks. The hardest part of the job is usually knowing when you are crossing the line between providing support for the product and providing advice on the external user's job (ie, providing tax advice or IT advice and not showing them how to use the product), but talking with co-workers and management, as well as watching their tutorials, will help you with this. The most enjoyable part of the job is the open environment with management. Everyone is generally friends, and willing to help you as long as you are willing to ask when you need help.
Pros
Good pay, flexible scheduling with paid time off upon being hired
Cons
Tax season requires 60 hours and sometimes 12 days in a row
Na
Management Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2016
good work life balance, good roles, conservative capital strategy, could do more on innovation and new product development