Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employer Reviews

Enjoyed maintaining and identifying system and client issues
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: loved what i did and worked with a great team of people
Cons: seeing the company downsizing over the years
My daily responsibilities included Monitoring systems for communications, hardware and software issues as well as maintaining the system databases. Proactively identify issues that could have potentially affected clients. Liaised with our engineers and assisted in troubleshooting system issues. Assisted 2nd level support and sometimes performed 2nd – more... level support duties.

Worked the majority of my years with the same co-workers, assisting them and training them on new systems and applications. My co-workers were amusing to work with and we worked as a team.

My job was always interesting as I had many responsibilities and projects. The hardest part was leaving on time as sometimes issues overlapped into the next shift. But, the best part was being able to identify issues or problems, solving them and having the client happy with the end result. That always made my day. – less
Loved this place, just didnt compensate well
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Fort worth txAugust 1, 2014
Loved all about TR just didnt pay what I expected. Day consisted of lots of calls. Management team was experienced and well balanced to lead teams.
Management is bad and not very controlling
Data Center Support Analyst (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 30, 2014
Very busy but not clear... Training from Indian speaking so it is hard to understand. Co-workers are not friendly. Supervisor is telling you what to do but not doing it . Not enjoy to work there anymore....
Top notch legal information provider for decision makers in government
Senior Government Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Louisiana and Mississippi capitals and judiciaryJuly 29, 2014
Pros: excellent connections
Cons: budgetary restraints in government
Meeting with governmental executives who utilized and created laws and regulations in the State and Federal Government Markets.

Negotiated government contracts for services.
Typical Big Corporation
Global Product Manager-Indices (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Management is not that competent. Job duties are not clear at all. Working from home a plus
Excellent company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
I had a wonderful experience during my time with Thomson Reuters. A highly professional, respectful work environment.
Provided lots of Training
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 3, 2014
A Typical day at work consisted of logging in on the phones and taking a high volume of calls from both internal and external customers, calling about an issue with their account or a product that was sent. I learned a lot about the company and its products that were offered, and the main issues that most law offices had with the company and the products. – more... Co-workers were friendly and helpful, The hardest part of my job was identifying the issues the caller had and coming up and a solution quickly and a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was always learning something new – less
Large company with diversified products and groups
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Large company with diversified products and groups. Can get your hands on different views & learn about different groups. Big on affinity groups and CSR.
encouraged high production output
Publishing Specialist (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 25, 2014
Many changes made to the company in recent years were needed to make the company more profitable, although I believe that more training could have been done to retain those already employed instead of dismissing them.
collections analyst
Soft Dollar Relationship Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2014
loved working for this company. Benefits are great and pay adequate for duties.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJune 18, 2014
Thomson strives to offer their employees a great work/life balance. They offer excellent benefits
Great company
Software Trainer (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 10, 2014
Pros: work life balance, flexiblity
Cons: compensation
Great place to work. This company has allowed me to grow professionally and I have learned so much working here. Very good place to work with good people.
Great Workplace
Corporate Treasury and FX Sales Specialist (Current Employee), New YorkJune 7, 2014
Good place to work at. great work-life balance.

Great company culture.

Strong Management.
Workplace at TR
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: company strategy changing too often
The people at TR are delight to work with. The only problem is that upper management is constantly changing direction. Change is good but they are expecting results too quickly so priorities are constantly changing.
Good work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2014
Typical day includes reviewing and managing planning and documentation reports.
Good Company, needs direction
Senior Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2014
I have been with Thomson Reuters since the acquisition of Reuters in 2008 and there have been many changes along the way.

The market is constantly changing and Thomson Reuters is doing its best to change with it and overcome some of the legacy issues along with forging a new path.
Payroll Specialist
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 29, 2014
Great Coworkers and Great Time off benifits. Thompson Reuters treats their employees great.
Constant change within management and not a stable place to work.
Inside Sales Representative- Corporate Division (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMay 27, 2014
I would not plan on making a career in sales at this company. They constantly are changing the compensation plan within the print department. I had 4 different managers during the time period I was there. They treat you like an entry level person with no regard to loyalty.
Great Work Culture
Manager -Global Collections, AR & Cash Management (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2014
Excellent place to work. Loved the people
great learning environment and there are many projects to always be involved in
Quiet environment was very conducive to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: contract only
Having ready resources and a fantastic management team was key to a great work place.

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos