Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Good Company
SENIOR DATA ANALYST (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent work culture and diversity
Cons: No room for advancement above a certain level
A good company that needs to focus on its employees more. An excellent work culture and a company that I loved working for.
Team Manager, Technical Support (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 17, 2015
Good leadership and nice work environment. Very flexible workday. The company offer many options to work remotely. Has great team members.
Manger, Inside Sales (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJune 17, 2015
Great place to work, would like to retire from Thomson Reuters. Campus is fantastic and environment is great. Management allows you to be creative
Great work atmosphere and acquiring new skills and professionalism
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York NYJune 16, 2015
Pros: Professional atmosphere, high -level client base
Cons: Changing priorities hourly
Great professional work atmosphere that helped me acquire new skills and professionalism, With a high-level client contact, each day provided new opportunity for self-development.
Great work experience in a relaxed environment
Derivatives Senior Market Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2015
Gained significant knowledge in derivatives pricing covering major financial markets- Equity, Fixed Income, Commodity and Foreign Exchange.

Interacted with clients regarding pricing queries and delivered timely and accurate daily pricing data.

Experience with team oriented environment, and maintained good relationship with upper management.
Great place for a co-op to learn from.
Software Engineer Co-op (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible timings
It has been one of my great experiences and opportunity to work as a Software Developer co-op for a duration of 8 months at Thomson Reuters, Rochester, NY.

Had to work on a customer oriented large scale legal product. During the period, I gained a lot of knowledge, made new friends and improved my skills further.

The workplace and the people are really fun and inspiring to work with.
Great Place
Tier 1 Support (Current Employee), VirginiaJune 10, 2015
Thomson is a very wonderful place. Job security is a little in question as they are restructuring but other than that work life balance is awesome. They allow you to work remote. Its an awesome place.
Thomson Reuters Review
Regional Business Manager for Eikon (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Thomson Reuters is a great place to work. They pay well, and offer wonderful benefits. The work life balance offered is much better than other companies (especially in the financial space), since most work can be done remotely, allowing for flexibility in your work and work-from-home schedule. There are many opportunities for advancement, so long as you have a large network and prove yourself in your current role. However, Thomson Reuters culture suffers from political differences in vision between various levels of upper management. There are times when it seems that politics drive decisions more than customer requirements, and since I am in a customer-facing role, I have been able to see the effect of these decisions. I am only familiar with the segment of TR I work in, which is the Financial and Risk business, so this review applies to that group only.
Large location, with multiple cafeterias (Eagan location).
Global Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 8, 2015
I liked working for Thomson Reuters because everything was so convenient for me to where I did not have to leave the building on lunches and breaks. I also loved the team I worked with, considering I had the best team leader and some awesome coworkers. The hours were very flexible before my department was outsourced to IBM. I would consider this place to be great to work, but unfortunately the jobs there have minimal security. The company is well known for layoffs. I learned much about my career field by working for this company, and got to see the corporate life at such a young age. I would work for them again.
Great
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: professional staff
Cons: very old IT systems
Nice company, Good salary and top notch IT staff.
PMO structure very efficient and projects closely watched for progress.
Great company to work for
Senior QA Analyst (consultant) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great work and life balance, Great salary
Cons: No benefits as a consultant
Thomson Reuters is a great company to work for. I have learned and gained extensive knowledge on new products and have enhance my skills as a QA Analysts while taking on difficult and challenging projects.
Decent Place to work
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work
Cons: Compensation, Upper Management
A good place for someone fresh out of college. Pay scale is sub-par for such a large company. Management needs to be overhauled.
Management continues to have problems...managing
Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: Work/Life balance; compensation; benefits
Cons: Poor management; fear of layoff
TR is a potentially great place with many good things, but the way project are managed and resources managed leaves a lot to be desired. The constant threat of layoff is difficult
Above Average Employer
Senior software engineer (Current Employee), PhialdelphiaMay 31, 2015
I do enjoy working at Thomson Reuters more than previous jobs in the IT industry. There is an effort made to make the work place bright in warm, which I appreciate. The downside is that the workload is over allocated and deadlines are tight so the work life impedes on your personal life and thereby time designated for professional development.
Great bunch of people
Software Developer (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 29, 2015
Many opportunities, great people
Exposure to many new technologies
Opportunities to work remote, volunteer time.
Major holidays off
Work with people all over the planet
Friendly place to work
Attorney Editor - Contractor (Current Employee), Eagan, MNMay 26, 2015
I am working as a contractor in an attorney editor position. Thomson Reuters is a great company to work for. The job work/life balance is excellent and the compensation is decent.
High Potential but lack of training and management support
Account Director (Current Employee), VirginiaMay 21, 2015
The role of Account Director in F&R is a great opportunity, however the lack of training and support from management creates a very stressful and unorganized environment.
Career Development Program
Career Development Program (Former Employee), Ann ArborMay 20, 2015
Was a very thorough Career Development Program that gave insights to the tax and accounting industry, and day to day operations of employees.
Fun work environment.
Order Analyst (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 11, 2015
An amazing company to work for. They offer a lot of things that most company's do not offer. The hiring process is tough but well worth it.
Ok, poor salary and merit increas
IT Support (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: Kind people
Cons: Massive layoffs after merger, poor salary
Poor salary and merit increase for Ex TR. Reuters makes more
Family friendly, need time off for family they worked with you
High level of camaraderie overall
Headquarters