Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
IT Purchasing Contractor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 3, 2017
Enjoyed working for them everyday. Learned a lot about the Company while I was there. Hardest part of the job was not enough time in the day to finish big projects.
Customer Service Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 2, 2017
My manager was wonderful and I was trained properly. I had close to 75 calls coming in and very unhappy customers - I just got burned out. It is a beautiful campus though.
Pros
Nice
Cons
Stressful and overwhelming environment
Excellent Work Environment
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 2, 2017
Loved the work culture here. It was a joy going into work. Relaxed and balanced. Unfortunately, they have outsourced a lot of the departments to contract companies that have low pay and no benefits. Too bad.
Excellent
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Good work/life balance. Good environment with great management who cared about employees and employee advancement. Would work for Thomson Reuters again.
xx
Client Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2017
Okay place to work, but the emphasis seems to be more on expense control versus revenue growth. They have annual layoffs in November, a detriment to morale.
Thomson Reuters
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2017
I enjoyed being employed at Thomson Reuter I received great exposure and knowledge for working in a corporate environment. The staff were kind and helpful.
good working environment
Strategy/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2017
excellent learning environment with dynamic customer behaviour environment. good management with working culture. enjoyable and competitive working culture.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
fast paced
Temp position
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 26, 2017
This was only a temp position but I was extended twice because of my great job performance. I developed templates that are probably still being used today. I developed at lot of good working relationships during my employment.
My Department was Eliminated
Financial Analyst-Special Projects and Recoveries (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
My role/department was eliminated, so there is nothing more to say about that company. It was originally Reuters America and was bought out by Thomson Reuters, so two different places...
Work/Life Balance Could be Better
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 25, 2017
Sales is where the money is in the company but you better be prepared to work constantly and you better hit your numbers.

The company offers no actual time off for it's sales professionals so most sales people only take time off if they are ahead on their numbers and there is no chance to do any type of "reset" with official vacation, or sick, time.

In addition, sales compensation structure changes virtually every year and it can even be changed at any time during the year based on the company's discretion. They do, however, make changes that can benefit the sales representative.

One of the big issues I see with the company moving forward is that there is an extreme focus on new sales in a market that is completely saturated without nearly enough focus on innovation to support these sales goals.

Depending on where you are located there can be a great deal of flexibility in the job and the ability to set your own schedule.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, mid level management
Cons
Work Life Balance, unpredictable compensation
Productive and Fun place to work
Senior Application Programmer - Tax & Accounting (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 24, 2017
Very productive with time for personal improvements
- Able to learn new technologies
- Well mannered with time management
- Give oppurtuities to Temporary and Contractor workers
Productive and fun.
CLIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
Thomson Reuters is an excellent environment. Everyone is very friendly and easy to get along with. Speaking to clients globally takes a little getting use to.
Good place to work (Healthcare), but lots of movement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 20, 2017
Great people to work with for the most part. Products and services were top notch, however, they were beginning to age, and management was not investing in the technologies. Rather, they were investing in sales courses and marketing plans to repackage, bundle and expect the same revenue from an aging product line.
Pros
Good work life balance, good people to work with, good salary & benefits
Cons
Management was overbearing at times, and the fact they were not investing appropriately in their product lines for future success.
Good Environment
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Thomson Reuters, but due to health reasons I had to resign my position. The work was stressful, but we were well compensated and we were always challenged.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Stressful
Difficult clients, great company
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 16, 2017
Difficult client base to work with but you are supported and compensated well. Mangers don't micromanage and are always available for help. Great annual conference for sales reps. Prospecting is a daily grind and can yield weak results with the best of efforts. Clients are older and very resistant to change. Great environment and great benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Clients very resistant to change
Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 16, 2017
Working for Thomson Reuters in the Rochester, NY office has been a positive experience for me. I worked with good people, in a challenging setting and took advantage of growth opportunities.
I cant write review on Thomson
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2017
It was a temp gig and I couldn't form an opinion about this company .
The atmosphere seemed pretty relaxed but people were let go all the time , low moral. But again that was like 8 years ago.
Great people, interesting technology, cost cutting
Software Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 13, 2017
Wonderful team of people, interesting technology, industry leading product suite. Unfortunately, extensive cost cutting moves may impact domestic employment opportunities.
A great place to work.
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  MidwestOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed my employment at TR. Like many large companies, periodic realignment of roles occurred. During my tenure I was "impacted" (experienced a lay-off) three times. I would return to them immediately if a position became available that could accommodate a remotely located employee willing to travel extensively.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Lay-offs
Summary of working as Unix Admin
UNIX and Windows System Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Excellent benefits, great learning opportunities. difficult to advance and could be better with work/life balance. other than that, it's a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.