Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

GREAT company overall...your experience may vary with department
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 14, 2015
This is a great place to work. For a large company, improvement areas get addressed quickly. The corporate culture is second to none. Company picnics, winter parties with Santa, Reindeer and gifts for the kids. This place even has a happy hour in the parking lot a couple times a year. I've worked in some terrible environments, and this is NOT one of them.
Product learning and training experience
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 14, 2015
Exciting
Checkpoint Learning
Could be more engaging.
nothing
coming to work - helping customers solve their issues.
Nothing more to say
Pros
Work from home
Cons
lack of support
Not minority friendly
Product Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 9, 2015
As far as the office in Ann Arbor, MI, there isn't much room for advancement for minorities within the company. There are no minorities in upper management, and managers tend to show favorites within the office. All accountability falls on the support reps, and none on Team leads or team supervisors. Hardest part of the job is getting the adequate training needed to be successful. There is no testing after training and you are expected to meet/exceed productivity goals on day one, with no learning curve.
Pros
amazing benefits and PTO availability
Cons
poor training and management doesn't consist of any minorities.
Great people to work with
Assist attorneys in the New Mexico and El Paso (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2015
Learned how to work with attorney's and tons of cold calling. Management was good the training program was good and the culture was good
Disfunctional Company
Infrastructure Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2015
Poor Management structure at the time. Company lost direction after merge. As a contractor was treated poorly. Hopefully it is a better environment now.
Huge environment with lots of interesting work
Solutions Designer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 28, 2015
Fast paced and challenging work! I have learned a lot while working there. Collaboration is a must, but easy to do because the environment is very welcoming. Work life balance is great, pay and benefits are good.
Good Company
SENIOR DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2015
A good company that needs to focus on its employees more. An excellent work culture and a company that I loved working for.
Pros
Excellent work culture and diversity
Cons
No room for advancement above a certain level
Team Manager, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 17, 2015
Good leadership and nice work environment. Very flexible workday. The company offer many options to work remotely. Has great team members.
Manger, Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 17, 2015
Great place to work, would like to retire from Thomson Reuters. Campus is fantastic and environment is great. Management allows you to be creative
Great work atmosphere and acquiring new skills and professionalism
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York NYJune 16, 2015
Great professional work atmosphere that helped me acquire new skills and professionalism, With a high-level client contact, each day provided new opportunity for self-development.
Pros
Professional atmosphere, high -level client base
Cons
Changing priorities hourly
Great work experience in a relaxed environment
Derivatives Senior Market Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
Gained significant knowledge in derivatives pricing covering major financial markets- Equity, Fixed Income, Commodity and Foreign Exchange.

Interacted with clients regarding pricing queries and delivered timely and accurate daily pricing data.

Experience with team oriented environment, and maintained good relationship with upper management.
Great place for a co-op to learn from.
Software Engineer Co-op (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 15, 2015
It has been one of my great experiences and opportunity to work as a Software Developer co-op for a duration of 8 months at Thomson Reuters, Rochester, NY.

Had to work on a customer oriented large scale legal product. During the period, I gained a lot of knowledge, made new friends and improved my skills further.

The workplace and the people are really fun and inspiring to work with.
Pros
Flexible timings
Great Place
Tier 1 Support (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 10, 2015
Thomson is a very wonderful place. Job security is a little in question as they are restructuring but other than that work life balance is awesome. They allow you to work remote. Its an awesome place.
Thomson Reuters Review
Regional Business Manager for Eikon (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Thomson Reuters is a great place to work. They pay well, and offer wonderful benefits. The work life balance offered is much better than other companies (especially in the financial space), since most work can be done remotely, allowing for flexibility in your work and work-from-home schedule. There are many opportunities for advancement, so long as you have a large network and prove yourself in your current role. However, Thomson Reuters culture suffers from political differences in vision between various levels of upper management. There are times when it seems that politics drive decisions more than customer requirements, and since I am in a customer-facing role, I have been able to see the effect of these decisions. I am only familiar with the segment of TR I work in, which is the Financial and Risk business, so this review applies to that group only.
Large location, with multiple cafeterias (Eagan location).
Global Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 8, 2015
I liked working for Thomson Reuters because everything was so convenient for me to where I did not have to leave the building on lunches and breaks. I also loved the team I worked with, considering I had the best team leader and some awesome coworkers. The hours were very flexible before my department was outsourced to IBM. I would consider this place to be great to work, but unfortunately the jobs there have minimal security. The company is well known for layoffs. I learned much about my career field by working for this company, and got to see the corporate life at such a young age. I would work for them again.
Great
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Nice company, Good salary and top notch IT staff.
PMO structure very efficient and projects closely watched for progress.
Pros
professional staff
Cons
very old IT systems
Great company to work for
Senior QA Analyst (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2015
Thomson Reuters is a great company to work for. I have learned and gained extensive knowledge on new products and have enhance my skills as a QA Analysts while taking on difficult and challenging projects.
Pros
Great work and life balance, Great salary
Cons
No benefits as a consultant
Decent Place to work
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2015
A good place for someone fresh out of college. Pay scale is sub-par for such a large company. Management needs to be overhauled.
Pros
Flexible Work
Cons
Compensation, Upper Management
Management continues to have problems...managing
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2015
TR is a potentially great place with many good things, but the way project are managed and resources managed leaves a lot to be desired. The constant threat of layoff is difficult
Pros
Work/Life balance; compensation; benefits
Cons
Poor management; fear of layoff
Above Average Employer
Senior software engineer (Current Employee) –  PhialdelphiaMay 31, 2015
I do enjoy working at Thomson Reuters more than previous jobs in the IT industry. There is an effort made to make the work place bright in warm, which I appreciate. The downside is that the workload is over allocated and deadlines are tight so the work life impedes on your personal life and thereby time designated for professional development.