Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

My team was supportive and everyone was willing to pitch in to meet deadlines.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
Most team members worked remotely so we had weekly conference calls to provide progress and updates on progress. We had the chance to work independently as well as collaboratively.
My co-workers were the greatest--very supportive and willing to help out to meet deadlines if necessary.
My boss held monthly information meetings to help us learn new skills that would enhance our job performance.
Experience at Thomson Reuters
Project Delivery Manager & Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 1, 2016
Thomson Reuters is a top-ranking information services company with over 50,000 employees. Senior Management did not hesitate to lay off as many people as they possibly could, but they never gave up on their bonuses. Though, my working experience was great, but the phase was pretty rough. I really enjoyed the technical aspect of the project, and don't regret the opportunity.
Great company
Software Configuration Management Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 1, 2016
Great company to work for, good people. The management was great to work for. The company provides a good workplace environment. They provide many learning opportunities as well.
Pros
People
Cons
compensation
Very political, slow and sloppy
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
TR is constantly changing management hierarchy which became a bit tedious and confusing. As with large companies of this nature, the bottom line is saved for the stockholders. Massive layoffs were expected on a bi-annual basis with very little domestic back-filling. Most of the technical development was moved to a consulting firm in India which had competing objectives with TR and made the job more difficult than it should have been.
Pros
large network with opportunity to learn many skills.
Cons
constant flux that created a constant uncertainty
Great place
Client Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2016
Terrific company- just looking for a bigger role with more upside and managment say.
Will probably stay at TR- but am interested tosee what else is out there as well.
Great products, great money, no life.
Account Manager, Tax & Accounting (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 25, 2016
Great products, good company, pretty tough when it comes to work life balance. I have worked here for over 3 years and almost every week I work 70 hours or more. It's very tough to take a vacation and succeed. If you are single and/or don't have a life, it's great because you can make a lot of money. If you have a family and you are dedicated to your family, it can be really rough. The health care benefits are pretty expensive.
Pros
Great money, best products in the market!
Cons
Work-life balance is very bad.
Great Company
Sales Development (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 24, 2016
It has been a pleasure to work at Thomson Reuters. Benefits and pay are great. Management is outstanding. The company culture is one of a kind. I would recommend Thomson Reuters to anyone.
Little room for advancement
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 18, 2016
There is little room for advancement within the technology department of Thomson Reuters. When promotions are given they seem to have more to do with office politics than experience.
IT Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 18, 2016
The department I worked in was new, having recently developed a data transfer device that was milliseconds faster than the one currently used. Therefore there was a rush to include all the stock exchanges. The learning curve was steep and training systems were not in place, so I found the job challenging but exciting. A typical day was simply going in and picking up where I left off the day before. I learned that I could work independently and could be a leader.
Pros
Pride in working for a company of Reuters' stature
Cons
Frustration of deadlines that were sometimes very challenging
Thomson Reuters
Change and Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2016
The management in this organization is extremely supportive and provide you opportunities to grow and thrive in a competitive environment. This company will drive you to be self motivated and will allow you to be truly successful.
Pros
Great benefits, opportunities for growth
Cons
You have to be self motivated
Ok job but not a place to make a career
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 10, 2016
A typical day is answering a high amounts of calls. I have to say management is above average and does seems to care about you. The people that work there are great.
a very productive work environment.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXOctober 10, 2016
The overall work itself was very interesting and a bit educational at the same time. I truly enjoyed my job and what I did. And I did my job to the utmost of my ability and in doing so, I learned the different laws in other states and counties within Texas. I am very partial to the legal aspect of this position.

As for the work environment itself; well, having co-workers that I clicked with made coming to work even more enjoyable.

Job Security/Advancement was not really done. Financial advancement was harder to acquire than a pat on the back. But I just enjoyed my job and what I was doing.

All in all, I truly loved my job and what I did, but my experience was more of a learning experience as to how not to treat a faithful employee. Working above and beyond one's primary requirements was what I did because of the enjoyment; but it was proof of the lengths one would go to be an asset to the team.
Pros
Casual Friday everyday; small departments; almost a family type environment
Cons
pay not matching work; lack of respect for employees; at times too much favoritism shown
Good work and people culture
Unix System Engineer (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2016
Professional and good work culture. Work is quite intense . However the pay is at best average. quite flexible to work remotely.
Pros
good working relationship
Cons
average pay
Fun and Laid back
Global Remote Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  n/aOctober 4, 2016
Fun place to work at but job advancement can be lengthy. Job trainings are rare and most are not related to current responsibilities. Co-workers are laid back and easy to work with. There are celebrations every once in a while which is a change of pace.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
reaching unrealistic metrics
Great Learning Expreirence
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2016
Great company - great learning experience for students looking for internships.I was able to get a full time position after school.
ONESOURCE Support Representative (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Usually busy but was fun to work with the co workers. day starts with the call and ends with it. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the frustrated customers.
Productive place to work, many good co-workers.
Senior Technical Business Analyst, Inf Systems (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 26, 2016
Productive place to work, many good co-workers. Enjoyed working there and learned a great deal. Had opportunities to work across departments on many projects (large and small).
Pros
On-site cafeterias, embraces new technology, good environment.
Well paid internship
Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 14, 2016
Everyone here is really nice. The interns are paid well, but the full time pay isn't what you would expect after seeing the internship pay. Internship payroll is currently being subcontracted out through another company that is nightmare to deal with.
Pros
Nice people
Great Place to work
Manager, Virtualization (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
What I really enjoy about working at Thomson Reuters is its culture. The diversity of its staff and it literally has offices everywhere in the world. Gives the opportunity to hear different perspectives which helps innovate. Great place to work and learn.
Pros
Work-Life Balance.
Cons
Frequent Re-organization.
Absolutely great place to work.
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 12, 2016
It has been several years since I worked here. When I did work there, they had a very family oriented work place. My wife was going through some health issues and they were very understanding, sometimes going above and beyond what most people would do.
At the time I worked there, before the implementation of obamacare, they had outstanding health, dental and vision insurance. I am not sure what it is now.
I saw several people move up within the company which was a really nice change from some companies I have worked for.
Pros
Great people to work with and, at the time, great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval