Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employer Reviews

Great place to work, Excellent pay and benefits.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, people
Thomson Reuters is an excellent place to work. They treat their employees extremely well and I believe are one of the best paying companies out there for sales representatives.
Very political environment
Management (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good company if you want a 9 to 5 job
Cons: lack of career mobility
Nothing special about this company. Very political and I've seen layoffs every year even when the company was doing well.
Productive and fun workplace
Product Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Management is visible and works with every employee on their career paths and goals.
Former great company.
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: fruit and turkeys
Good work and some great people to work with. Unfortunately, not sure the direction management is going.
A company that wants you to have a good work/life balance.
SAP Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 21, 2014
I have always thought this was a great place to work, however, since I first started, the direction of the company and the manner in which they treat their employees has changed.
Awesome Working Environment
Billing, Budget & Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits/in-house cafeteria/in-house work-out facility/work at home capabilities
Cons: n/a
Thomson Reuters is like having a second great family. Everyone is happy to teach and train on all the different software systems that the company uses. Thomson Reuters has an awesome work/life balance.
Productive environment with little room for advancement
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare, 401-k, and leave benefits
Cons: management style
A typical day at work involved document retrieval, processing and delivery of US patent and trademark related documents. I learned how to prioritize the events in the workflow to achieve greatest efficiency. The mid-level management did not provide support or direction to grow as an individual within the company. The co-workers were willing to work – more... as a team to ensure the timely delivery of a quality product. The most difficult aspect of the job was working with the mid-level management as they provided little to no guidance in improving the workflow and overall product delivery efficiency. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the file histories for the past 17 years and gaining a greater understanding of the overall prosecution process. – less
Thomson Reuters is still a good place to work
Lead QA Engineer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: huge corporation, so a lot of lateral movement is available
Major changes since Thomson merged with Reuters. It's definitely a global environment, and they are starting to outsource a lot of departments/functions. In addition, Leadership seems to be very disconnected.
However, I still believe in the company overall. I have been able to advance into a career that was something entirely new.
Widely recognized global provider of legal solutions and news
Senior Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 16, 2014
Thomson acquired West Publishing Company merging legal publishing and solutions with Reuters News. The company has grown to become a wealth of knowledge for attorneys searching for legal solutions as a way to improve their business.
Sr. Performance Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: allowed to do wfh whenever needed
Cons: new health insurance is little expensive
Healthy & Happy Place to Work, Co Workers are Approachable, Had opportunity to expose myself as Sr to Lead.
Fun place to work
Lead Management Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJanuary 11, 2014
• Day-to-day support & implementation of the Tivoli monitoring
infrastructure core Tivoli product and customized routines on a Global scale
• Day-to-day servicing of Tivoli user requests, 2nd line support for Tivoli endpoints.
• Day-to-day DM and ITM monitoring setup & installations
• Day-to-day Tivoli platform health monitoring
• Day-to-day managing – more... all Formula, WEBTOP & TIP browsers
• Creating and maintaining Tivoli documentation of procedures,
processes, problem records and changes.
• OS builds for Windows and UNIX based servers and server maintenance and upgrades.
• Application builds and maintenance and upgrades.
• ITM 6.2, Netcool, Precision/IP, ITNM, TPM5 & 7, SEVONE, ITCAM , Impact, TEM and HPOO
• Maintain and update Assets via Asset center, Aperture and Asset Manager
• Maintain implementation Lifecycle of GMS products, Change Management
• VMWare ESX, VMWare vSphere Client
• 24x7 On-Call support
• Extensive Windows and UNIX server support – less
good
Finance Intern, Financial & Risk (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 10, 2014
very good company culture and a good balance of work and life
Large Global Enterprise - Good culture
Sr Functional Analyst (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free fruits once a week, gym, banks, store and 2 cafeterias onsite
A typical day at work start with meetings with colleagues in different countries. The IT team collaborates on projects with business representatives from project requirement to go-live date.
Great company to work for
Lead Research Analyst (Former Employee), PanamaJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: medical insurance, bonuses, benefits
Cons: periods of extreme stress due to work overload
I enjoyed very much working for this company. It was very stressful and demanding at times but that is true for most jobs in my opinion. It really made me grow as a professional and a person. Everybody in the office I worked at was pleasant and it was in general a very good environment to work at.
Market Data Operations
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good people in my group and support groups
Cons: nothing to mention
monitored all exchange feed domestic and international. monitored the daily batch jobs via an autosys scheduler. monitored all production and pre-prod systems. managed a highly technical operations team in US and India. worked closely with 2nd level and developers. getting outside groups within organization to understand the magnitude of a particular – more... incidents. watching the staff under me grow as a team. – less
Great learning environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), EaganJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great benifts
Cons: tons of reorganizations and restructures
A lot of opportunities to maximize learning possibilities and as well huge advancement potentials with awesome leadership.
Bad place to work
Technical/Team Lead (Current Employee), Eagan, mnJanuary 6, 2014
Really bad place to work with horrible management. There r reorgs every couple of. Months. I have personally not seen a badly managed company ever.
•what you learned
Technical Service Rep (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Troubleshooting network and TR products and software and also remote support for servers and cisco devices
A personal review
Global Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 5, 2014
My commute to my job at Thomson Reuters. is 30 miles. Because of the distance, I arrive at work at least an hour early. My computer is booted and ready by the start of my shift. I support customers on the phone, through e-mail, e-tickets and in chat sessions. I'm a touch typist. I document my tickets thoroughly enough so others understand the issue – more... that was presented and the steps used to troubleshoot it. Co-workers in past jobs commented that they were able to call up my tickets and follow the same steps I used to solve the same problems.

I've learned to keep calm in stressful situations on the phone, showing interest in solving a problem while communicating empathy. Experience has taught me the best practices necessary to solve problems efficiently. My biggest strength is in approaching problems creatively.

I can perform my duties independently, or within teams. Managers find my reliability solid. Attendance is not a problem.

Working in a team environment is most desirable. My co-workers respond well to my sense of humor but also appreciate my professionalism.

The hardest part of my job is usually from restrictions like limited network access, difficult support documentation, support tools that are slow to respond or crash during live calls.

The most enjoyable part is the appreciation I hear on the other end of a support call that was completed successfully. – less
Great Company
Finance Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great people, challenges your intellect
Cons: a lot of hard work, constant change.
Great Company although they are in the midst of a transformation which means there are constant changes. Company challenges you to think out of the box and is filled with great talent.

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos