Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Great place to work with flexible hours
Convention Support Manager Senior Tech Specialist (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Great place to work. Flexible hours. Was able to pick and choose the time I came in and left at the end of the day as long as all work was done on time. Was able to telecommute at times to get work done. Really good people to work with that would help you when needed. Management had open door policy so that you could ask questions if needed without feeling that you were doing something wrong. The travel part of the job made the job interesting. Benefit package was very good.
Great place to work, almost no upward mobility in certain areas
Tax and Accounting (Current Employee), New YorkJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility and work-life balance
Cons: almost no upward mobility
Nice, relaxed atmosphere, business casual attire, good perks and the work comes at a good pace.

The only downside is that opportunities to advance come every 4-5 years and are few.
Productive work environment with great people to work with.
Global Product Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: new technology. great people
Cons: unrealistic expectations of deliverable, tendency to let releases out with known bugs to meet management schedules
Thomson Reuters draws some the best and brightest talent in the Financial Markets and IT fields. There are opportunities to travel for work and international assignments. Co-workers are for the most part pleasant and helpful. There have always been learning experience around. Mostly learning is on the job but there is an extensive Learning Program. You just need to avail yourself of the programs. Since the merger with Thomson development cycles have been accelerated to be aggressive to very aggressive.
Fun and productive workplace
CARM PLCM (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: physical distance between my team members and me
my typical day entails checking my email inbox this thing in the morning in order to be prepare for my day plus to attend to any issue that might have arise. I have learned a great deal from each of my positions within Thomson Reuters from being proactive to dedicated team member.
Provides good work/life balance
Lead Data Warehouse Engineer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free fruit once a week, training, flexible times
Cons: vacation policy
Company provides good work life balance as well as excellent training opportunities for employees.
Very good entry level job, no room for growth.
Cyber Crimes Investigator / Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: 3 and 4 day weekends because of the 12 hour shifts.
Cons: lack of management. weekend / night work.
I enjoy the work I do at MarkMonitor (Thomson Reuters) but there is no room for growth in the company. I have learned a lot about anti fraud in my years with the company. The management could be a lot more involved. The hardest part of the job was getting used to working 12 hour shifts, and how to properly use some of the tools. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the work I am doing is keeping people's / bank's money safe.
A company in constant change
Migration Project Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: internation appeal
Cons: constant shifts in management style, layoffs
Thomson Reuters is in a continuous state of change, which can be exciting. As a company, TR welcomes employees who embrace fluctuations and are driven to create their own place.
Diversified, people are friendly.
Systems Administrator - Contractor (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 26, 2014
Diversified, people are friendly, large environment, great company to work for - large company benefits, good work life balance (As I know from my coworkers who are employees). Lots of opportunities for learning. I don't know too much about this company yet since I only work there as a contractor for a few months.
Progressive work environment, cultural diversity and impressive team dynamics
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaDecember 20, 2014
Pros: excellent location and support from management
Outstanding work environment with an unmatched global presence.
An organization trying to find it's way
Senior Director Organization Readiness (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 18, 2014
There are many change initiatives going on within this business that has grown through acquisition. The tenure of employees is very long which brings with it some challenges of it's own in terms of openness to change. Newer employees need to really find their own way in this organization and it's not an easy one to navigate. The people are smart, well educated and hard working.
Good company, great products, advancement is very limited
Account Manager (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great products, talking to business owners and c level executives everyday
Cons: lack of career advancement opportunities and low comp plan
This is a good company with a lot of really good products. Getting your foot in the door is rarely a problem.

The biggest problem is a lack of clear vision by management, very limited opportunities to advance your career and a low comp plan.

The best part of the job is the great coworkers and talking to business owners/C level executives everyday. You can learn so much from the sales calls that you have.
Fun workplace and opportunity to grow
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Conroe, TXDecember 9, 2014
excellent work place for beginners and opportunity to grow. Flexible schedule.
Fantastic Place to work
Lead Process Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2014
Huge opportunities for hard working individuals, load of potential for advancement.
Opportunities to travel as there are office all over the world.
I was fortunate enough to have had the chance to work in London for many years.
professional, productive environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee), minnesotaDecember 3, 2014
Pros: professional, productive environment
professional, productive environment
advanced in QA knowledge
great management
great coworkers
multiple changes in requirements
great collaboration with co-workers
Global team approach.
Technical Development Specialist 4 (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule with option to work from home.
Cons: physicall distant management is not integrated well with local team.
You know that your efforts are visible to the customer. This provides impetus to do good work on their behalf. TR provides the technical resources needed to get the job done but management needs some improvement in developing trust. Most enjoyable was helping customers get the trading information they needed in time to use it.
West Law Sales Print Team
Account Executive (Former Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: commison
Cons: staff and managment were unprofessional
At the time I was there the sales management team was a joke. Very unprofessional and lots of unethical sales practices being performed. I have been informed that they cleaned house on the sales consultants were cheating the system.
It is great Place to work.
Windows System Administrator / Systems Engineer (Former Employee), New JerseyDecember 1, 2014
Pros: company christmas party is great
Cons: benefits is low, healthcare contribution is very expensive.
TR is a great company to work for and a great institution. Working daily of Change and Incident Management tickets are routine work.
Great company, bad dept
Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home, good benefits, employee discount program
Cons: no flexibility, micro managing
I work in a not so great department. This has soured my to the company in general. I would recommend the company to a friend, just not the department I currently work in.
I learned that everything must be put in writing.
Not Inspring
Lead Publishing Coordinator (Current Employee), EaganNovember 30, 2014
Pros: cafeterias, caribou, yoga studio, subway, shuttle
Cons: difficult to advance, low salaries
Most days were filled with tasks. The people in my department were friendly. Management was difficult to please.
Good place to start career
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
TR was a good name on the resume and I learned a lot as my first job here. Overall the company is a bit of a mess as they keep acquiring companies and launching new products but don't know where to place those companies within TR or advance the products to make them better and stay in the marketplace.