Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

It was Fine
Jury Verdicts Intern (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 17, 2017
I worked here during school and I liked the flexibility. I reviewed jury verdicts and wrote summaries to go onto WestLaw. I worked within a small team with other attorneys and interns.
good place to work
Inventory Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Awesome place, good salary good benefits but that was back 10 years ago, im sure changes have taken place, but I would go back.
lots of opportunity to grow and learn.
Pros
good plave to work
Lack of vision
Global Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Company has no vision even though they think they do. Lack of senior management skills and leadership. Everyone looking out for their own good no advancement.
Good team work
Agile Scrum Coach (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 11, 2017
Good environment to work and very good team collaboration. They are successful because of two things, good product that adds value to legal business and customer driven mentally.
poor management, no accountability
Data Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 11, 2017
if you don't want to be held accountable then this is the place for you. The management uses preferential treatment and favortism to manage. Upper management is fully aware of all of this. The site manager was named in a federal lawsuit dealing with favortism and preferential treatment and still has his job. that is the culture of working here.
Fast Paced Culture with Variety
Manager - Legal Technology (DevOps & Cloud) (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 10, 2017
I was able to work on several different projects in just a few years that gave me exposure to many different technologies, people, processes and roles.
It was cool in the beginning
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXSeptember 8, 2017
This place was nice. Great location. However, some of the people were not very friendly. Cubicles were too close together. Felt like I was being monitored at all times. Very cold office.
Good Work life balance
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2017
They have Flex hours which can be helpful for Work life balance.
I would recommend this company. Have good HR..

Cons:
Dynamic changes in the organization.
Pros
They have Flex hours which can be helpful for Work life balance, I would recommend this company, Have good HR.
Cons
Dynamic changes in the organization.
Horrible Work Environment
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  SoutheastSeptember 7, 2017
The management within my group were untrustworthy and difficult to work for. They were extreme micro-managers and displayed sexism toward females. My manager ignored most of the reps on the team except for 2 reps on the team.
Pros
Pay was good, decent benefits
Cons
No way to make commission based on the states I was given.
Great team but heavy micro-management
ACCOUNTING CS SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 6, 2017
A typical day was quick-paced with many exciting and fulfilling challenges to overcome. The team members were the greatest part of the position. The lack of reliable software was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Frequent Potluck Lunches
Cons
Micro Management
A great place to work
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 5, 2017
I love working here - the atmosphere is delightful and the clients are extremely easy to get along with - it's professional, but relaxing at the same time.
Pros
The client
Cons
To far of a drive
Good place with wrong people
ASSOCIATE CONTENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MISeptember 5, 2017
It's a good company with bad management people. Work place is good but lots of internal politics within.Good place to learn but no proper oppurtunity given.No appreciation for good work rather blaming for your old mistake which you made while learning.
Pros
Good place to learn new things
Cons
Bad Managers and Bad Team Leads
A Contractor's Worst Nightmare
Product Support Representative-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75006August 29, 2017
I worked as a Tax Support Representative contractor specifically hired for the busy season for taxes. Training was advertised as a month long, but in reality was around 2 1/2 weeks. By the time we were on the floor the wait time was already approximately an hour long and we barely knew how to handle the most basic of issues. The manager was extremely irritable and did not work well with others. He would yell at other representatives in his office next to the phones with the door closed, and we would still pick up his cursing on the phones. No amount of money would make me go back.
Used to be a great place to work....Now the culture is toxic
Former employee (Former Employee) –  USAugust 28, 2017
The lack of integrity and unscrupulous deal making was ridiculous for a publicly traded company. Fictitious deals, cancels that were pushed off months and even years, promoting friends while others suffered.

HR did nothing to stop bad practices and behaviors. Bad reviews and allegations were conjured up to force bad reviews and dismissals.
Pros
Great pay and vacation
Cons
Management teams are bent on cutting to post profits instead of attacking real issues.
A great team atmosphere and learning environment.
Teir 2 Deskside Support (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 28, 2017
IBM at Thomson Reuters was a fantastic place to learn and get exposure to many attributes of the IT world. It was a wonderful place to start my career. The hardest part of working in such a big company is the opportunity for advancement. Since the IT department is outsourced to IBM they have a very strict contractor to full-time employee ratio. This is what I am trying to get away from. I am looking to grow a career and find a more stable position.
Pros
work/life balance, culture, people
Cons
pay
Good work environment with high compensation opportunity
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 27, 2017
Good work environment/culture. You have control over your day as long as your production is well. Overall good company but the work can be dry at times.
Pros
Control your own day
Cons
on the phone and computer all day
Oppertunity to learn
Senior Development Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORAugust 26, 2017
However, layoffs were not announced and job security was a constant concern. After 2 years and two glowing reviews, I was cut so the stock would jump 2.2% the following day. 1100 of us were let go that day and this is apparently a standard practice.
Pros
Unlimited educational benifits
Cons
Will I have a job today?
Na
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 25, 2017
It its a great place to work.The training and the people there are good at what they do. I would say that I learned a lot aboutbthe technolgy world while working for this company.
Recruiter at the time was a nice guy
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
It has been a while since I have worked for MODIS, but what I do remember is that they had great jobs and if something was going on personally, they were there to help in any way they could. I am sure that the person that placed me at my job is no longer working there. But it was nice working with recruiters willing to get you the perfect position for your abilities and knowledge.
Not advised to look for a career at Thomson at this time.
Sales Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 22, 2017
The kings of outsourcing at this time, the company is in a scramble to try to post profits via cuts in headcount, the the pain of employees.
The culture is toxic, the overall feel walking the halls and in the lunch area is that of a dying company.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no long term future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.