Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Fun and Laid back
Global Remote Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  n/aOctober 4, 2016
Fun place to work at but job advancement can be lengthy. Job trainings are rare and most are not related to current responsibilities. Co-workers are laid back and easy to work with. There are celebrations every once in a while which is a change of pace.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
reaching unrealistic metrics
Great Learning Expreirence
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2016
Great company - great learning experience for students looking for internships.I was able to get a full time position after school.
ONESOURCE Support Representative (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Usually busy but was fun to work with the co workers. day starts with the call and ends with it. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the frustrated customers.
Productive place to work, many good co-workers.
Senior Technical Business Analyst, Inf Systems (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 26, 2016
Productive place to work, many good co-workers. Enjoyed working there and learned a great deal. Had opportunities to work across departments on many projects (large and small).
Pros
On-site cafeterias, embraces new technology, good environment.
Well paid internship
Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 14, 2016
Everyone here is really nice. The interns are paid well, but the full time pay isn't what you would expect after seeing the internship pay. Internship payroll is currently being subcontracted out through another company that is nightmare to deal with.
Pros
Nice people
Great Place to work
Manager, Virtualization (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
What I really enjoy about working at Thomson Reuters is its culture. The diversity of its staff and it literally has offices everywhere in the world. Gives the opportunity to hear different perspectives which helps innovate. Great place to work and learn.
Pros
Work-Life Balance.
Cons
Frequent Re-organization.
Absolutely great place to work.
Senior Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 12, 2016
It has been several years since I worked here. When I did work there, they had a very family oriented work place. My wife was going through some health issues and they were very understanding, sometimes going above and beyond what most people would do.
At the time I worked there, before the implementation of obamacare, they had outstanding health, dental and vision insurance. I am not sure what it is now.
I saw several people move up within the company which was a really nice change from some companies I have worked for.
Pros
Great people to work with and, at the time, great benefits.
Great team work
Account Manager Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2016
I had flexible work schedule. Sales, relationship management and event planning was my day to day routine and I loved it. Management could have been better.
Pros
Team lunches
Cons
Not many opportunities to move to different roles
Fast-paced, chaotic, constant re-orgs, but overall good place to be
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
If you're into chaos and enjoy a fast-paced, frequently changing environment, then this is the place for you.

There is certainly a "Work hard, play hard" ethic here. Many people work a significant amount of hours, but are also compensated for their efforts in the form of recognition, bonuses, etc.

Management has a clear vision and is constantly trying to tune the internal engine to perform as good as possible.

Overall a good place to work.

The one downside is the "Mothership" mentality of the folks in Eagan, MN. Although the CEO resides in New York City, the largest percentage of employees are located in Eagan, MN. The Eagan folks have an "Eagan First" mentality and staff at other locations are all expected to fall in-line with Eagan's way of doing business.
Pros
Nice offices, employee stock purchase plan, bonuses
Cons
Expensive healthcare, "Mother ship" in Minnesota
Great Corporate Culture
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. LouisSeptember 5, 2016
Thomson Reuters is a fantastic place to work with a great work life balance. The company really cares about their employees and their career development.
One downside: bureaucratic
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
As a freelancer, it takes a long time to get paid - usually about a month. And you have to keep an eye on payments. Sometimes they "forget" and need multiple reminders. Keep good records.
Pros
good pay, good relationships
Cons
bureaucratic, slow to pay
Ever-changing environment
MANAGER OF TECHNICAL SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 1, 2016
Ever-changing environment, especially since outsourcing has taken place...
-Environment has changed, I understand the meaning behind the transformation although I do not necessarily agree with it and that is not because I have been impacted.
Great Company
Senior Application Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 29, 2016
Helpful people that were great to be around. I really enjoyed working for them. My daily activities include application testing and information assurance. Never a dull day.
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 22, 2016
Great company to work for as far as benefits! I truly enjoyed my time working in their tax and accounting department. They also offer a substantial amount of PTO
Great group of colleagues
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Worked remoteAugust 18, 2016
Great place to get experience working with Directors, VP's, and CXO at large Fortune 500 companies. Complex and long selling cycles. Great colleagues, willing to help.
Pros
Great place to gain meaningfull experience
Cons
Not a place for advancement
Flexible schedule and possibility of telecommuting, low salary, stressful
Scientific Analyst (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 17, 2016
Good idea of work/life balance, but very understaffed, so, typically 40+ hours week with a lot of stress and pressure of deadlines. Low salary. Very nice team members. Flexible schedule with possibility of working from home. Good benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule, possibility of telecommuting
Cons
40+ hours week, low salary
Great opportunities to learn if you pursue them
Publishing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 15, 2016
At times the hours could be long, and there were some layoffs, but if you put in some effort there were many opportunities to expand your skills and learn new things. Compensation could vary a lot, but the benefits package was really good.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
Job insecurity, long hours
Unfriendly,Stressful
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 15, 2016
Coworkers would berate one another...not helpful or friendly at all. There was no training for the position I was hired for. Everyone had a way of making me feel left out.
I really enjoyed working at Thomson Reuters
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 13, 2016
This position gave me so much knowledge in the tax industry that I use to this day. I started off knowing absolutely nothing about taxes but now I could show you how to prepare them and which forms you should use. I worked with a small team of motivated individuals that paid attention to detail. I also had the best supervisor and manager anyone could ask for.
not strong engineering culture
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 9, 2016
people here is great

company culture is not focused on technology

management is reasonable, but salary is stagnant

benefit is very bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.

84%