Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters United States Employee Reviews

Many opportunities
Content and Analytic Strategies Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
With a global company like Thomson Reuters, there are countless sectors all engaged in a specific area. As an intern, I connected with several and succeeded with the areas best suited to my interests and skill set.
Good place for Interns
Technical Intern, BigData (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
I'm a fresher. It was a great learning experience in Thomson Reuters.
Not very competitive salary or happy environment
system administrator (Former Employee), new yorkOctober 6, 2014
Pros: company name recognition
Cons: low pay, poor management, no upward mobility.
There is no upward mobility. Very abusive and manipulative management. Could potentially be a career killer.
decent place to work, free parking
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), east haven, ctOctober 3, 2014
decent place to work, i was able to work part time from home. Coworkers were very nice
Stressful
Strategic Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia PASeptember 29, 2014
Hard place to have work/life balance.
Good place to start a global career.
Thomson Reuters
Director of Telerate Support (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Big corporate company with a great atmosphere for career advancement.
Not a good fit
PM (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Not a good fit for me. Disorganized, political, uncommitted.
Nice place to work
Manager, Service Improvement (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: ideal work - life balance
Cons: job security, stigma of layoffs looms
Great environment with a talented workforce. A lot opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Productive and fun workplace working with machinery
Pressman (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 14, 2014
I had to train myself to change my sleep schedule for night shifts. The people were friendly, but I heard a lot of complaining from my co-workers. They have worked there for so long and each year they get treated more and more unfair. Being switched to different presses is stressful due to the several skills they must know in order to operate a press. More work must be completed in a minimal amount of time. I learned how to pick up concepts fast and work efficiently.
Great Place to work!
Senior Order Management Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great vacation policy
Cons: there isn't alot of room for advancement.
Thomson Reuters taught me about the negotiation of contracts and the importance of maintaining good relationships with clients and suppliers. The job is extremely detailed oriented, however, it turned me into a team player.
Marketing & Sales Operations Manager
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2014
I have years of experience running a marketing operations team. Have implemented both Eloqua and Pardot - with experience in a number of other ESPs (Adestra, Mail Chimp, iContact, Clickback, etc.). A Salesforce admin with experience of setting up advanced workflows, pushing data to / from marketing automation platforms, etc.
Great Benefits and Bonus Structure
Legal Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: job security
inside sales team calling law offices to sell print and CD-ROM materials.
Fast Paced Environment
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXSeptember 8, 2014
The work was challenging and rewarding.
People were very encouraging.
Latest technology was used.
Good Starter Position
Subscription Retention Associate (Current Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: work life balance, decent starting pay for an entry level position
Cons: repetition of daily duties
Typical day consists of 60% inbound and 40% outbound calls. You speak with Attorneys on a daily basis or their office managers.

Work life balance is good. You do not bring your work home with you in this position.

As with any call center type position, the routine can take its toll and wear on you pretty quickly.

Advancement is decent if you want to stay within the Sales side of the business model.
Pro and Cons
Legal Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits and working from home
Cons: culture of the company, career advancement
While it is nice working for Thomson Reuters, I do not see myself growing here. It is great for an entry level job but the tasks given will only get you so far. The lack of employee training for credentials is another problem. Management has been great in trying to help me build my resume for the next job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility working and the ability to work from home. Benefits is a huge plus too.
Corporate Culture with opportunity for growth
Publisher Relations Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2014
Thomson Reuters was a wonderful company to work for. I was able to gain experience in various department and dip my feet into all kinds of different work.
Not for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: customer service experience
Cons: huge groupthink mentality going on
Fabulous company. Poor lower management with a high school like atmosphere. Great job, excellent type of work...The people I worked with were overall nice but a lot of chit chat behind the back and rumors told as facts. Loved the interaction with the customers and the training was overall done quite well. The area I was in seems to only want a certain type of personality regardless of work performance.
Consultant Sr. Software Engg (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJAugust 27, 2014
* Stressful
* Learned little bit of Japanese
* Excellent team to work with
High Energy Fast paced environment
Commercial Programs Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: 10 hrs/mo pto, med. benefits, 401k, employee stock purchase, lunch provided during heavy deadlines
I learned a lot from Thomson Reuters. Both on the customer facing and sales facing sides of the business. In my first position at TR, I was more client facing and communicating with each one about the status of each product they outsourced to us. I would manually track and move each order through the process of completion and also calculate the hours each employee spent on each document to provide for their monthly incentives. I got to put my knowledge about Management Information Systems to use by working with the IT division and collaborating with programmers to make a more fluid system of tracking and invoicing the services that the company provides. I trained a team in Hyderabad, India to assist in more work the company was taking on. After, I was able to work on other projects. I then moved on to my second position with the corporation. As an analyst for the sales team, I provided the rep with a custom price for our clients to use our services. Monthly reports on new sales, new clients, and lost clients were provided in excel format. The hardest part of my 1st position was juggling all of the service orders in a daily deadline submission to the Securities Exchange Commission. The hardest part of my second position was getting clarification from the sales team on what they were requesting. My co-workers were very easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing signed contracts from my sales team to generate more business for the company.
Excellent, exciting, open and progressive......that is TR
Senior SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 15, 2014
Excellent, exciting, open and progressive......that is TR

About Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Corporation is a business data provider and was created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters Group – Read more

Thomson Reuters Salaries