Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employer Reviews

Market Data Operations
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good people in my group and support groups
Cons: nothing to mention
monitored all exchange feed domestic and international. monitored the daily batch jobs via an autosys scheduler. monitored all production and pre-prod systems. managed a highly technical operations team in US and India. worked closely with 2nd level and developers. getting outside groups within organization to understand the magnitude of a particular – more... incidents. watching the staff under me grow as a team. – less
great place to work
Principal Business Analyst (Former Employee), BeijingJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: lunch allowance
Cons: fully package of benefit
Thomson Reuters is a great place to work, I've been there for almost 7 years, and I’ll not leave TR unless I move out of the country with my family.
I like people and culture in TR, and the management team truly cares about their employees. You can growth and learn much in TR, also there are many fantastic knowledge sharing sessions every month.
For – more... work and life balance, there are so many off work activities/clubs spongers by company, like Yoga, music, badminton, volleyball etc., they also hold meet-up sessions for single to find their Miss. or Mr. right. Also you can work from home some time if your manager supports you. – less
Good
Data Management Associate (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 8, 2014
This is a very nice place to work. The management is good with full co-operation.
Productive and fun place to work
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee), IndiaJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: client exposure
Cons: responsibility without authority at work
I am working as a subject matter expert in IP docketing services. I was the first employee hired to form this team and till now team strength has increased to 15. I have given trainings to other team members. I have given a chance to directly communicate with client and work accordingly. There is a freedom of work. We have time flexibilty option at – more... work however conly after completing producrive hours. Management is super cooperative. Acting as a co-team leader and looking for more opportunities. – less
Great learning environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), EaganJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great benifts
Cons: tons of reorganizations and restructures
A lot of opportunities to maximize learning possibilities and as well huge advancement potentials with awesome leadership.
Bad place to work
Technical/Team Lead (Current Employee), Eagan, mnJanuary 6, 2014
Really bad place to work with horrible management. There r reorgs every couple of. Months. I have personally not seen a badly managed company ever.
•what you learned
Technical Service Rep (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Troubleshooting network and TR products and software and also remote support for servers and cisco devices
productive and working with competent technologies
Team Lead (Current Employee), BangaloreJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: total freedom at work
Cons: responsibilities
At Thnomson Reuters the policy is "Work when there is work and Play in your leisure"
Always had to take judgement and act accordingly in the event of issues. To come out with preventive and corrective actions.
A personal review
Global Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 5, 2014
My commute to my job at Thomson Reuters. is 30 miles. Because of the distance, I arrive at work at least an hour early. My computer is booted and ready by the start of my shift. I support customers on the phone, through e-mail, e-tickets and in chat sessions. I'm a touch typist. I document my tickets thoroughly enough so others understand the issue – more... that was presented and the steps used to troubleshoot it. Co-workers in past jobs commented that they were able to call up my tickets and follow the same steps I used to solve the same problems.

I've learned to keep calm in stressful situations on the phone, showing interest in solving a problem while communicating empathy. Experience has taught me the best practices necessary to solve problems efficiently. My biggest strength is in approaching problems creatively.

I can perform my duties independently, or within teams. Managers find my reliability solid. Attendance is not a problem.

Working in a team environment is most desirable. My co-workers respond well to my sense of humor but also appreciate my professionalism.

The hardest part of my job is usually from restrictions like limited network access, difficult support documentation, support tools that are slow to respond or crash during live calls.

The most enjoyable part is the appreciation I hear on the other end of a support call that was completed successfully. – less
Great Company
Finance Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great people, challenges your intellect
Cons: a lot of hard work, constant change.
Great Company although they are in the midst of a transformation which means there are constant changes. Company challenges you to think out of the box and is filled with great talent.
Corporate all the way
QC and Shipping Clerk / Customer Fulfillment Rep (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of compassion for employees
What you would expect from working in a corporate facility. You are nothing but a number that can be replaced. Management was no help when there was issues, nor was HR.
Steady work a lot of challenging work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Eagan MNDecember 31, 2013
Pros: got complaments when you did a good job
Cons: a lot of pressure to it machines ran very fast
I enjoyed working there had a lot of responseability to my job trimming books to exact trim size was very important was very good at it
fast-pace, high energy company
Vice President (Former Employee), new york nyDecember 30, 2013
Pros: meeting people from around the globe
Cons: silo based company hard to collaborate
pressure packed days with changing strategies- hard to focus on long term
It was a nice place to work.
Operator 3 (Former Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 27, 2013
When the company was West publishing it was a nice place to work the employees were treated well. There were activities and events like softball, bowling and comp days. Now the company pretty much treats you like you are replaceable and someone else can do this job. Advancement is based on likeability, this is all due to every year the production of – more... printed law materials have gone down by double digit percentages every year for the past 6 or 7 years. Yet they are more profitable than ever.

The best part of work was working with some of the best and most skilled employees in the industry, even if the management team does not realize it.

What I learned is that even when they ask you and seem like they really want to know what the problem is and wants a solution you should still tell them what they want to hear.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the directors. Most were great some were not at all. All just doom and gloom all the time. Some treat you like, they wish you would just quit, because the work was going away and it would benefit them to reduce their labor.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the other employees and the work it self was very interesting, because laws are interesting. – less
Good work/life balance
Business Analyst, Webcasting Operations (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 27, 2013
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: pay, below national average
TR offers a relaxed work environment with talented co-workers. Management for the most part is interested in your success and growth, but can offer limited monetary compensation when it comes to annual raises.
Professional colleauges - Client variety
AutoAudit - Application Solutions Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNDecember 22, 2013
Pros: working from home
Cons: being available 24 hours a day
Working from a home office I was able to support a global sales staff. This meant WebEx demonstrations and conference calls could occur at any hour of the day or night. Typical days were 12 hours in length. Colleagues were professional and intelligent. Clients were extremely appreciative of the time and preparation I put into their meetings as well – more... as my knowledge of their industry. The subject matter changed as the legal environment changed within businesses. I enjoyed listening to the client pain points and then determining what I could do for them to relieve that pain and make their department function better.

I worked with every imaginable industry that had an audit department - retail, casinos, government, health, insurance, oil, automotive, food, banking, etc. – less
Very nice office space with proper computer equipment
Unix Computer Operator; Sun Micro Systems (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 22, 2013
Unix Computer Operator; Sun Micro Systems & Client/Vax Computer Operator:
* Provided First level support Trading information to financial institutions Globally.
* Unix Computer Operator supporting both Production and Backup Data Center platforms.
* Working with programmers and developers in a fast paced Data Center environment.
* Implementing Sun Micro – more... Systems, via Autosys and ControlViewII to manage workflow.
* In-Conclusion, had been on a, 4 day work/week Wed. Thurs Sat & Sunday 1st shift. – less
Global workplace
Technology Manager (Current Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 20, 2013
Distributed teams, Agile environment; Multiple ongoing projects.
Excellent company to work for
Critical Systems Engineer's Assistant (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYDecember 20, 2013
Excellent company to work for but location is closing down.
Overall good compnay
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 19, 2013
Pros: good work life balance, flexible timings
Cons: no job security.
It was a great place to work until the management decided to outsource part of the IT department and lay off people. Co-workers are very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

About Thomson Reuters

Financial information is king and Thomson Reuters Corporation holds the crown. The company is the market leader in financial data – Read more

Thomson Reuters Photos