Thor Employee Reviews

Stressful & Unrealistic Expectations from Owner
Resource Manager / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 20, 2017
Owner insults employees daily calling them stupid & lazy. Wants employees to work 12+ hour days. No benefits for sales staff, and recruiters only get 10 days per year vacation.
Pros
Work from Home
poor place to worlk
Wire Harness Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 5, 2017
Made me work 72 hours a week. Couldn't leave early if needed. Rude supervisors and poor management and nasty work place . No break room. Short breaks for to many hours.
They suck
Final Finish (Former Employee) –  350 elkhart inMarch 21, 2017
Bad management, bad attitudes, insubordinate, messy group of people I worked with at plant 350. 15 hour days. People didn't know what they were doing or their jobs, worked every Saturday, pay was never corrected to 100%. They just suck badly ! :)
Pros
The break truck:
Cons
The poeple
Fast pace stressful environment
Router/grinder in lamination (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INMarch 18, 2017
Management is very dishonest very long days hardly any breaks their pay rate system changes without notice management is very aggressive towards its employees
Good Company
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2016
Good company. Good environment. Management that cares. Happy employees. Educated professionals. Company perks. Growing company in growing market place.
Would not recommend
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 28, 2016
I would not recommend working for this company. Poor management and questionable business practices. Sadly I heard it once used to be a great company to work for.
Thor was a contract company
Public Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 16, 2016
Thor was the contract company, I didn't work with them daily . I worked on a navy base as a public affairs specialist. So I would typical start my day at 6 am. I handled sailor events, reenlistments, retirements, change of commands, etc. At this events I would handle audio, video, and photography the day of the event . Before the event I would sit down with the sailor and create whatever printed material that would be needed for the event. I was all so the graphic designer for the command magazine Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) monthly, which required my to gather all articles, edit them, design the layout and order.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
the contract was subject to end year to year
Thor was the opportunity I needed to move forward in my career
Company Administrator (Current Employee) –  Office in Beavercreek, OHFebruary 2, 2016
Because this is an incredibly small (other than the employees at the 2 gas stations that we operate, Thor is me and the company president) family business all other business interests of the company and it subsidiaries are though investment without operating, I was finally given the chance to see,understand, and handle the numerous and varied tasks required to run your own business. I also, was able to bring my prior experience to the table with regard to organization, auditing work, and developing practices and policies. The most important skills I have learned or further developed with this job are how to utilize quickbooks to reconcile and maintain records of all accounts, and handling various HR inquiries. The nature of a business this size is that there are no definite hours or repetitious days which I enjoy, but can see why this isn't possible with greater scale.
Pros
Flexibility, experience
Trucking company
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  WillistonMay 24, 2015
Organized all jobs, maintained all equipment, IFTA, DOT, accounting and all customer relations.

I established Thor service inc. in Williston, ND 2013.

upheld a zero accident record still to this day
If you have a family life do not work here
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2014
If you have a family life do not work here. Expect to work on holidays, weekends and late hours

Want to know more about Thor?

Ask a question
Laid back and Not to busy
Call Center Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Corning, New YorkMay 31, 2014
The job was actually pretty easy, Had a lot of system to learn but they provided the tools to know exactly where to send the work order. The atmosphere was was just like any other call center just more compact. I was working under a contract through a third-party, that was the only problem with that job.
No longer in buisness
Printed Circuit Board Designer (Former Employee) –  Butler, WIAugust 26, 2012
Was a great place to work, start up company that just didn't survive.
Pros
manegment
Cons
funding and revenue generation