Thorntons Employee Reviews

very enjoyable place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNDecember 13, 2016
I like the job just would like to move up in company. Have previous mamagement experience was told that I would be trained for management has not happened yet,moving too slow.The people in upper management are very nice also coworkers are easy to work with. Insurance is not very sffordable tho.
Pros
free lunches
They don't care about there employees
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 2, 2016
Too much drama and stressful.. 10.25 an hour and expect you to do more then expected if you have no kids and no life this is the place to work!! They tell you all these great things before u get hired but once you are hired get ready to be stressed out and overwhelmed!!
Pros
Free lunches and great customers
Cons
Cleaning nasty 💩 bathrooms no breaks and don't acknowledge there good employees
They are a great place to work and a fun and loveing place and family to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Volo, ILSeptember 28, 2016
A great place to work love seeing the new faces and all of the regular customers that come in they make the place better. The staff makes you want to do better in the Company and want to see you go far too
Great Company to work for.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 14, 2016
Thorntons Inc was family friendly orientated company. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was always pleasant and the employees are treated with fairness and above all, respect. I would recommend this family owned company as a good place of employment.
Pros
Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Business can at times become extremely overwhelming
Fast paced and fun
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KYNovember 17, 2016
Thortons is a fast paced corporation who prides themselves on promoting from within. The opportunity to meet great people and provide guests with friendly fast service
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks are hard to come by
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 25, 2016
Good hours, decent pay, good work life balance. Typical day consists of clocking in, taking care of customers for 8 hours. You also have to clean up and prepare food. Management was nice and worked with you.
Pros
Free employee meal and discount
It was an ok place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Me personally did not like the way the GM was running the store there was slot of MI's gaps going on within the store any his hiring anybody which they did not train
Pros
Yes we had free lunch
Cons
There were no breaks
Want to live at work? This is the place for you!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 12, 2016
I can't imagine a worse place to work. Do you hate your life? Maybe you have no friends? Sometimes you just sit talking to yourself at home and you realize that you would rather just be at work all day. Well being a general manager or a store manager at Thorntons would be perfect for you. Even when you expect to have time off you get called in because employees don't show up for work. It's great for those moments when you're doing other things like maybe sleeping or having a nice dinner and you would just rather be at work. If that sounds good to you sign up to be a manager at Thorntons.
Pros
Free lunches, decent pay.
Cons
Horrible work-life balance, no predictability, no support from Senior Management or HR, Unrealistic expectations. Low pay 4 customer service Representatives
good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 30, 2016
A good place to work. They will work with you. great hours wonderful locations around the Nashville area. The management and crew were great people to work with.
Great Place to Work
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2016
Had great trainer name Ed, which allowed me to become a valuable employee, I was asked if I wanted to move up into mgmt by my GM Sandie. What a great leader. I knew that I would be moving to a state that does not currently have any Thornthons and I did not want to make a career move when I knew that I would not being staying with the company. Have a lot of regular customers that came in on a daily bases, do the the great customer service that we provide at Thorntons the high standards of having a clean store, fresh food. I could say some much more about this company on a positive note, If you are looking to grow with a company this is a great place to do so
Pros
Employee ownership Free Meal and Drinks
Cons
OPENED 365 days LOL
Fired due to family emergency
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMarch 13, 2016
I called in due to my significant other, at the time, being in the hospital for a possible heart attack. The charge nurse said they were overstaffed that night, and I was not needed as someone was to be sent home. I was called the next morning and terminated due to calling in.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, level of care has gone down
good
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILJuly 6, 2016
good job hard working third byself coworkers are ok to work with mangement is bad customers are funny unload trucks byself
difficult and stressfull
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Holland, ILMay 15, 2016
It was short handed most of the time and if someone drove off without paying for there gas you where to blame and that's not wright.
Pros
Cons
Not flexable if you get sick at any time you will loose your job.
Productive and fun company to work for.
Price Book Analysy (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2016
I loved working there but needed a change. The people are friendly.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Slave Drive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2016
No breaks, no work-home life balance. Management inconsistent. Laid back environment but labor budget makes it a slave drive, not cool when there are no designated breaks,
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
No breaks
Fine Place to work
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2016
Work life balance is good. The company will be moving soon, so new office will be great. It is a great company to work for. There is room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Health Insurance is not that great
Fast Paced intense work environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2016
After arrival right into daily duties. half hour lunch break. good co workers but management tends to micromanage employees.
Cons
bad healthcare options, bad job perks
Productive but stressful work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILJuly 8, 2015
-Everyday i come to work things would be unorganized & sometimes people wouldnt even show up for the next shift. I still would continue to do my job & for the co-worker who didnt show up i would do theirs too.
-I learned to do lottery, greet costumers & deal with different personalities.
-Management was all over the place. There was not enough managers for all the stores they have so managers would be in & out.
-My co-workers were okay but nobody was consistent. My store was a training store people would only be there for about two weeks then relocate.
-The hardest part was maintaining a store that should on the regular have two people working overnights but me working by myself.
-The most enjoyable part was the costumers. Most of my customers I got very used to & they loved me.
Pros
Discount on all store merchandise, paid lunch breaks
Cons
Working overnight
poor upper mgt. misinformation and building up false career objectives
csr (Former Employee) –  Brandon flSeptember 12, 2014
This is by far the worse job ever....for the amount of work vs pay it doesn't equal. Really talk up the company when your interviewed, advancement opportunities, fun environment, safe culture... Etc. Company cares about bottom line. Most stores run skeleton crews especially 3rd shift where most nights one associate. Safe environment? Yea right...promotions are nonexistent unless your a Good butt kisser and don't question or point out things. Most employees are unhappy and only there until a better opportunity arises...wa wa"s kicks thorntons butt when it comes to overall performance...could go on but to much to tell
Pros
uh can't think of any
Cons
poor upper mgt...stressful conditions
Good Team - Bad Management
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  EnglandSeptember 3, 2014
I left with over £3,000 owed in unpaid wages, they will expect you to work over 50 hours a week but will only pay you for a maximum of 39 hours with empty promises of lieu time and getting back hours - that never happen. Several staff were never paid holiday pay that they were owed either.

They will not allow time off for personal emergencies or family crises.

They will only offer minimum contracts ie 6 hours but expect you to be available at short notice or to have no other committments. Senior Management turn a blind eye to bullying of staff. They are only interested in profit and their share holders.
Pros
Eatting the chocolate samples
Cons
pay, compassion, progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thorntons. Our community is ready to answer.