Thorntons Employee Reviews

Very busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Very busy and had great customer and some not so great but employees and managers knew how to handle every situation that came their way. Everyone did their fair share of work.
Very busy but can be rewarding.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHAugust 19, 2017
I like working the same schedule and the off days do change which can be beneficial however you have to request days you need off three weeks in advance and it's very hard to call off if you are sick.
Pros
Free lunch, smoke breaks
Cons
On your feet at all times, no sick days
fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYAugust 17, 2017
it was fun working at Thorntons. got to see different people everyday and learn new things. enjoyed working there. worked together with other employess to get customers in and out of store fast.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough workers
Enjoyable working enmvironment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 14, 2017
I learned a valuable tool while working at Thorntons. I have learned that teamwork is key in an environment that has set shifts. There are far more advantages when being a team player than opposed.
Pros
fun, smooth day, enjoyable
a job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2017
Thornton"s work / life balance is none existent. plan on putting ong and growling days. No backing from regional managers. Any problems is always someone else fault.
Pros
A job
Cons
Great Co-Workers enjoyed interacting with public
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 30, 2017
Great Co-Workers enjoyed interacting with public. I had certain customers that would wait to come to my register. Some management would listen to us.
Pros
free meals
Cons
pay
very hard, demanding position
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2017
overall, not awful, but not truly enjoyable either. Way too many hours and time demands of their Store managers, of which I was one. However learned about inventoies,audits, ordering and merchandising, etc. These learned skills have afforded me MANY future opportunites to increase my working fields and pay!
Pros
great pay and benefits offered
Cons
too many long overlapping hours and shifts, not enough time for personal or family
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 11, 2017
The hardest thing at first is the lottery machine! You cleaned bathrooms, stocked the fridge and cigarettes, then you would check people out with gas and whatever they grabbed from the store.
Fun and busy.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILMay 5, 2017
My experience working there was fun. There was a BP next door so it was a fun competitive experience.. Basic work for everyone is cashier, stocking, cleaning, and of course dusting..
Pros
Discounts. See all types of people. Customer service experince
Cons
See all bad in people also. Not much room for advancement
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILApril 24, 2017
i think due to pay being low, the turnover of employment is high. Management is good, each store is graded monthly with points and the points can be traded in for cash, example 500 points =$50
You become a owner after one year with company.
Pros
Free lunch, earn points which can be transferred to cash, become shareholder after 1 year.
Cons
Pay rate is low
Guest Service Represenative
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILMarch 24, 2017
It's another job with low pay. They are pretty slow on posting the schedule. The company has high turnover due to no flexibility in my opinion. Good employees really don't receive recognition.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Low Pay
You'll definitely stay busy.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2017
Some people are just rude but you'll enjoy working here. Especially if you like to stay productive. Weekly paying. Monthly meetings to keep all employees informed.
Pros
Free lunch, job security
Cons
Not much advancement
Challenging place to work
Region Manager, Southern Division (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Thorntons!! You were given latitude in marketing and in hiring!! The bonuses where very good!!
Pros
free time
Cons
politics
It was at my job because i made it that way
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2017
I enjoyed my job just the people they have in charge at the moment are some grimmie people and need to step down everyday I made my work day fun and easy
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Discounts no good for real
busy workplace fast paste
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2017
It a fast past job have to deal with people long work days pays ever week holiday pay and paid paid vacation use lottery and cash cigarette and more take your time do not rush it will all come to you
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
very enjoyable place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNDecember 13, 2016
I like the job just would like to move up in company. Have previous mamagement experience was told that I would be trained for management has not happened yet,moving too slow.The people in upper management are very nice also coworkers are easy to work with. Insurance is not very sffordable tho.
Pros
free lunches
Fast paced and fun
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KYNovember 17, 2016
Thortons is a fast paced corporation who prides themselves on promoting from within. The opportunity to meet great people and provide guests with friendly fast service
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks are hard to come by
They are a great place to work and a fun and loveing place and family to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Volo, ILSeptember 28, 2016
A great place to work love seeing the new faces and all of the regular customers that come in they make the place better. The staff makes you want to do better in the Company and want to see you go far too
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 25, 2016
Good hours, decent pay, good work life balance. Typical day consists of clocking in, taking care of customers for 8 hours. You also have to clean up and prepare food. Management was nice and worked with you.
Pros
Free employee meal and discount
It was an ok place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Me personally did not like the way the GM was running the store there was slot of MI's gaps going on within the store any his hiring anybody which they did not train
Pros
Yes we had free lunch
Cons
There were no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thorntons. Our community is ready to answer.