Thoroughbred Research Group Employee Reviews

Constantly Called Off
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMarch 7, 2016
I was constantly called off from this job. I originally only have 20 hours scheduled a week as I was part time, but most of the time would only get to work about 6 hours, if that. Sometime I would show up for a shift and they would tell me to go home, I wouldn't even get an hour in.
Fun to talk with people over the phone.
Interviewer/Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYOctober 23, 2015
I liked this job because I could talk to people over the phone and get their opinions about products and services. I would enjoy hearing the stories and concerns that they had. I liked the fact that I could use a computer all day, but sitting was not always my favorite. It was a fun job while it lasted.
Pros
Talking to strangers about their opinions on products and services.
Cons
Short breaks, A lot of sitting.
typical day at work
Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 11, 2015
a typical day at work would be calling people and asking them to do a survey for 20 mins and then running out of numbers for that survey and going home.
Good job for a student.
Assistant Supervisor, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJune 27, 2014
Great job for a college student. Some opportunity to move into lo-level management. Co-workers are a lively, diverse group to say the least. The hardest part of supervising had to be keeping the odd mix of employees productive. The most enjoyable part of the job was management, they were great and really care about their employees.
thoroughbred
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 26, 2014
went to work to get schedule for next week to find out they were closing the doors
Friendly workplace
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLApril 13, 2014
Everyone is nice, comes to work ; does what they need to and leaves. Aslong as you focus on your duties you will be fine.
Pros
sitting at a cubicle all day
Good job for someone to make a little money in a little amount of time
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield,kyMarch 7, 2014
You get 8$ which is pretty good but taxes take he lot out if your paycheck, more than I have ever seen. You can get fired for really sikky reasons. I.e they make something up, going to the bathroom, talking to others. Etc. It is super boring and you never know what the hours are going to be. There was once a woman who had 4 hours on a two week paycheck. She was available round the clock. It's not a good job if you need to pay bills. Overall bad job
a job that requires patience
interviewer (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLFebruary 5, 2014
with this job you can be fired for anything you do, from going to the restroom to saying something that they do not like. in this business they do play favorites. often times when doing the phone interviews you need to be able to remain calm while some one yells at you or uses profanity towards you. a major thing to remember is to use the clearing sheets that they have out on the little cubicles. the people that you work with can be very entertaining and the head boss is nice to a point.
Pros
paid 15 minute break, $8 dollar an hour
Cons
can be fired for anything, job gets extremely slow at a few points where you will only get in maybe an hour or two of work
Laid back and professional at the same time
Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 2, 2013
Thoroughbred Research is a good entry level place to start a career in an office environment. It is a typical nine to five like office atmosphere. The hardest part of this sort of job is sitting in a cubical for long durations. The most enjoyable part would be the entertaining clients/respondents.
Pros
schedule and work availability
Cons
wearing a head set
Very professional workplace
Followed sales (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYAugust 7, 2013
I would call people (numbers generated from a random U.S. calling list) to ask them their opinion of different services and products.
Pros
very easy job
Cons
work hours were low
Great enivronment and interesting work
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 17, 2013
I enjoyed working here as my colleagues were amazing as were my superiors. The work was always changing, offering new things to learn, new resondents to interview, and new objectives to meet. If the hours had been more steady I would have been less apt to leave when I did but, this was not the fault of my employer. When the work ran out, our shift was over. The great thing about my shift though, was that they let me choose my own shift.
Pros
awesome people and studies
Cons
too few hours and no benefits or advancement
Not a good place to work
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJuly 13, 2013
The managers picked favorites and let them do as they pleased with minimum live call reviews. Breaks were short and management was not very kind.
Pros
the pay
Cons
sitting down all day
Outbound Research Calls for Medicare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYApril 21, 2013
A typical day at work involved making outbound calls to Medicare patients to ask them about their personal experience with Medicare. I learned a lot about the way that customers view their health insurance, and a lot about the way Medicare works. Management was friendly, my co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job was calling patients only to find out they had a bad experience, or that they had passed away. The best part of the job was the pay, and the friendly environment.
Pros
high paying job, friendly environment
Cons
stressful phonecalls
It's good if you can handle difficult people
Telecommunications Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJanuary 23, 2013
When I started there, I really thought I knew what I was getting into. Whereas, I wasn't at all aware. People are angry because you're calling them repeatedly, they cuss you, threaten you, etc. The management is alright. Your coworkers are always next to you but your work is not effected by them, so i liked that. The hardest part?
Reading verbatim. Enjoyable part? Going home.
Pros
lunch period allotted, allowed to use the restroom, have drinks on dial floor, etc
Cons
frustrating, repeative, etc.
Productive and fun work place
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 5, 2012
I thought it was a decent place to work and the pay was good. The hardest part of the job is getting people to take the surveys. They have great management and they teach you everything you need to know to be successful in their company.
Hated it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYAugust 29, 2012
I hated working there, everyone there was very unprofessional and the bosses were also. Noone in their right mind should ever apply for this job
Short Term project that was a great job while it lasted.
Telephone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 18, 2012
On a daily basis we recieved and made calls to clients of the company asking them to take a survey on how to improve the company. At this job I learned how to better speak with a range of people in a calm and supportive manner. My manager was tough but understanding at the same time, she made sure we not only did our jobs, but that we were comfortable talking to the clients. The many co-workers I had were great, we helped each other when we could. The hardest part of teh job was sitting waiting for calls when not many were coming in. The best part of the job was getting to know so many people.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
extended time with nothing to do.
Telephone Interviewing in business setting
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJune 6, 2012
This is not a job on which you would like to build a career as there are virtually no chances for advancement or wage advances. However in light of our current economy- I and many of my co-workers are just happy to have employment.
Pros
light duty job which can be enjoyable
Cons
no benefits and erratic scheduling
Decent work in a pinch
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYAugust 30, 2011
Not a bad place to work but high turnover results in elementary type rules.

2.1