thredUP Inc Employee Reviews

Family
Itemizer (Current Employee) –  MechanisburgJune 13, 2017
Es una empresa que esta actualmente en crecimiento la cual estoy muy agradecida de ser parte de esta hermosa familia de thredup
ThredUp: Young start-up with many ways for you to shine!
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 18, 2017
ThredUP is a fast paced retail warehouse environment with clear expectations for advancement through meeting training requirements and UPH levels.
Management is responsive to suggestions for improvement and safety!
Benefits are generous.
The Culture Club creates events and celebrates holidays to keep showing up at work from becoming boring.
My favorite part of the job was "High Five Fridays!"
Pros
Work for a start-up company so infinite room to grow!
Cons
Unusual Shift times. 6am-2:30pm or 3-11:30pm
Always have work unless in outbound
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 19, 2017
I love working here but if you are an outbound associate, you run out of work so quickly. If you are an inbound associate, you have so much work but not enough employees.
Pros
Special lunches
Cons
Some people make you feel uncomfortable
An Experience
Packer (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 14, 2017
Very different for me. I loved that I got to feel with clothing, and inspect them. It is a very fast past job. Management was okay, except the micro managing. There were shift meetings that gave insight on the company changes, employee promotions, daily employee excellence, etc. I would possibly work there again.
Pros
There is an employee discount
Cons
You have to keep a very high UPH on weekly average.
Good... But not
Itemizer (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 12, 2016
Been here a year and a half... Decent job if it was 1st shift would be better but once you chose 2nd never expect to go to 1st. Management is a joke. But of you bust your bum you can get raises after many many weeks.
Pros
Decent pay, free lunches
Cons
No advancement, bad management
Productive, but confusing environment
Warehouse Associate(Inbound and Outbound trainer) (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CaAugust 19, 2015
Great start up company with non supportive management. Work atmosphere was a bit childish and unsafe. Helps sharpen your work skills and gives employees the opportunity to learn and advance to different levels in the company. I learned how to plan out my time managing schedule better when it came down to training new employees and doing manifest duties. Trainers were consistent on helping other employees better their work skills. Non communicative environment between management and employees. Most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and training new employees.
Pros
Bonuses, Free Lunch
Cons
No comunication, Horrible management
Productivity is Key
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at ThredUp would be seeing where I would be assigned at for the day. It could be picking orders from customers who have placed orders online or to go through and do go backs. While picking for orders I would ensure that the item number matches the item number on the form as well. Then after picking all items on the list and making sure its put into its right place, I would then take it for packaging. In the packaging process its very important to examine the clothing making sure there are no major stains or ruins to the clothing. Paying attention to detail was a big part of this job. Double and triple checking was a must through every process.