thredUP Employee Reviews

N/a
Outbound Associate/ packer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 8, 2017
Easy work for $10 an hour. They play music. Full time comes with benefits after the 60 period. Can only advance in Inbound. Outbound is easy. Easy-going friendly relaxed environment.
Secure and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 25, 2017
Very goal oriented company
Fun to work for and easy to move up in the company
A lot of opportunity
Can be stressful at times
a lot of benefits
I would recommend it :)
Management is HORRIBLE!
Itemizer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 14, 2017
The work is easy but management will give you a hard time! They micromanage! Antonio King is the pm supervisor... he will fire you for simply looking at him the wrong way or complaining about his extreme obsession for Drake! They yell at their employees like they are kids. They watch you like a hawk... in the restrooms, your cars, etc! They gm has 20 kids so you will probably never see him! HR is someone they found oh the streets... she has no clue about anything and does whatever she is told by the gm not by the book. The turnover is so high there. When I was there two guys came with guns and another came bursting out people's windows! Only good thing I have to say is the money was good for me especially with over time! Everybody won't get the same pay. Pay depends on where they place you and how hard you work after you are placed! Just be careful!
Pros
Cons
Antonio King
No Job Security
Unknown (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2017
Started off great, but started to go downhill. Everyday you will go into work not knowing if it's your last day or not. Pay is great. people are okay. Catering every Wednesday.
Unprofessional Environment
DC warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 25, 2017
The management team is unprofessional and employees are mainly promoted or given pay raises through favoritism. On every break employees are rushed back to work before the breaks are over. Management does not take employee concerns seriously.
Waste of time imo
TSM (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 23, 2017
Spent 6 months I'll never get back there. I feel as though I put in so much time and got nothing to show for it. I truly believe I was a pivitol piece in that comanies successes, but in turn I was used. I was strung along, and it seemed everyone else was having a good time except for me. It doesn't matter. that was just a small stepping stone.
Pros
timing
Cons
everything else.
Fun work enviroment
Packer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 1, 2017
thredup was a wonderful place. everyone is happy and always laughing the staff is very nice and understanding. you come in ready to work on time and sign in thru the automated system and get right to what you need to do there isn't always someone telling what to do or how to do it.
Pros
freedom to work however you want and can get promoted very quickly.
Cons
short breaks
Okay place to work
Customer Support Agent (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 22, 2017
It's easy to get hired at thredUP, so I recommend applying if you really need a job.

This job is very numbers based, and the goals you have to continually meet are high, and they only get higher.

They hide raises behind the nearly impossible goals, so it's very difficult to advance within the company.
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Short breaks, difficult to get a raise, mandatory overtime.
Just, no.
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 1, 2017
I worked here for 2 years - 2 years too long. It was all bad. All the tasks are repetitive, but they don't switch people around. If you have good numbers, they will keep you on the same task every day, all day. People were regularly coming in with injuries from working the same movements all day long. The management was rude and played favorites. I had to quit to go back to school because they refused to work with my class schedule "without proof of my classes" (I showed them my class schedule).
Productive yet demanding.
Distribution Team Member (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 6, 2017
This was a warehouse environment. The job had various departments in which based upon your production level or the best fit role they felt you belonged to you were assigned.
Pros
Decent pay rate, healthcare options
Cons
Short breaks
pretty cool job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 9, 2017
awesome job. just don't like getting up at 5 am to be there by 6 am.
everybody is nice, respectful, and good team workers. great job if you need to pay your bills.
Pros
healthcare benefits, pay
Cons
point system, shift timing
It's ok
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 3, 2016
It's ok job for teenagers I'm ready to start a career in what I went to school in. I don't like the hours I'm currently working . It's just pest for me to start my career . I'm getting older & tired of working job to job
Pros
Not a good enough pay
Cons
Full of kids
worst job EVER!!
Distribution Team Member (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 3, 2016
do not work here!! period!!! They lie to you u dont get a raise after 60 days they go by a point system if u have kids dont work here because u are going to get fired if u are going to get sick dont work here because they are going to fire u i am still barely emplyed here but its only until i find another job
Fun workplace, productive, good break times.
Picker/Packer (Temp) (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 29, 2016
Fun. Picking packing, working, boxing things up is pretty fun. There are too many conversations going on. There is too much chitter chatter but it has nice music playing.
Pros
Nice breaks, nice music
Skip this one
Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 18, 2016
Come in everyday on time, do your work and steadly improve your production numbers. Keep quiet to your self and always do as told means you are fired after 3 weeks for not meeting their "core values". STAY AWAY.

Come in dance around dancing and playing and throw in a little work here and there and you are a keeper with this company. Good luck to all that try to work with the place.
Pros
Comfortable Warehouse
Cons
Everything else
It's something
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 17, 2016
Management is okay, they do listen.
I work in the warehouse meaning I inspect the condition of the clothing.
I can say, there are so many many terrible clothing. smelly, all covered with animal hairs. Its a nice place to work at but, they lied about getting our raises. the goal is to get your uph up to 50. which i believe is near to impossible because you have to inspect the clothing perfectly. so if you dont, thredUp will fire you. when you apply to the company, they had said, that they will hire me full employee after four weeks, what that was a lie with a raise of 15.00 which also was a lie. it took me four Month's to get hired and still no raised. I just don't get how they had promised everyone, if they moved to a higher position, that they will raise our wages but they don't. its aweful.
its been time to find a job with real promises.
Pros
good management, employees, good atmosphere
Cons
lies, favoratisim
Ok they have basketball hoops and ping pong table im sorry they had cause it was broken and it was there till someone leaned on it and it fell apart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 6, 2016
Ok so i lasted there for over 2 motnhs never got my promotion like i was promised never got a raise like i was supposed to . My UPH (units per hour)was at 80s when is supposed to be 45s terrible place to work at they own broken steamers to steam smelly and hairy clothes.
Ok so they want you to have good uph right but tou just cant have good uph why? Cause their steamers dont work wich i almost melted my face with one because the top part fell out and steaming water came out luckily it didn't get to myface otherwise i would of have had sued them for that . And im sure this is a reason why these people tell you you cannot have your phone on you while.working otherwise they will terminate you .
Another reason why you cant have good uph is cause they move you back and forward.so after a while they knownyour about to get a raise so they move you so they have good excuses to not give you one .this place is full of irresponsible managers workers that act like their in high school. And supervisors that if they dont like you they treat you different feom the rest and they have favoritism if they like you good youll be in a good spot before you know it if not youll be just a simple worker till you quit.
Breaks are 10 mins only
Abd they want you back on station exactly at 8.40 am 11.00 am and 1.10 pm you cant even take a good dump cause they tell you how come you arent logged in all your 7 hrs u dont really get a break or lunch here you gotta give up your breaks n lunch just to go back to get your uph up ut for what if they dont appreciate your work oh and thwy also have 3 poins
  more... if you miss a day even though you called or even if you have paper work or tell them your family had an emergency is nothing to them they dont care youll get your point of you get 3 points you tired tbis is the stupidest place i have worked for so far . If you miss your 3rd time they call you and ask you why when they clearly said on the training days they didn't care about anything of our lifes so why do thwy ask why now !! SMH just bad dint work here bur if you enjoy working with kindergartens then best place for you.  less
Pros
Cook out when manager feels like not when u do great work
Cons
Short breaks, unsafe place to work at everything falls apart and they fire you if you complain to HR
Could be nice but apparently someone can say something about you and they run with it.
Inbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 19, 2016
Got a promotion, and people were in their feelings about my advancement and plotted against me. They would like to white wash their work force, meaning they don't really want to work alongside Blacks. And will push you out at any cost, micromanaging at it's worse; when I'm working I'm not really aware of my facial expressions but they are. If they wanted a coke and a smile they should have started a fast food business. They watched it progress and did nothing about it, then I was fired... Plus they not ready, all it will take is for someone to catch something from those filthy clothing can you class act lawsuit...
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Behind your back talk
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 15, 2016
Supervisors and leads are supportive. Can't say the same about other management and HR. HR was great until they laid off the only person that supported us. You never see the COO or the CEO anymore. Before it was nice to see them twice a week when they would walk around and talk to us, now there is no presence. We're just another number to these people.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
short breaks, UPH and attendance
used to be the best place
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 11, 2016
theres alot of room for advancement for those with the potential to stay and be patient with the forever changing atmosphere and moods and attitudes of those around you.. once great but slowly falling apart due to lack of culture and too much blame game. some of the upper staff is really there to support you. many though are just there for a pay check now. theres been many postive advancements continuing to be seen which i end greatful with
Pros
fast advancent opps
Cons
short break, MICROMANAGING at its finest

Ask a question about working or interviewing at thredUP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4