Our healthcare center is looking for highly motivated and detail oriented people. To become a part of our team please read below to see if you meet the qualifications and then apply.
The Medical Receptionist is the first point of contact for all patients utilizing our facilities for health care. You will be responsible for the collection of patient information, and function as a resource to all patients/clients *(Medical front desk experience required. You will not be considered without prior medical front desk experience)*. Medical coding, patient insurance, and billing information experience required. The referrals specialist position will entail making consult appointments for patients and scheduling diagnostic testing. You will also be responsible to tracking the results.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manage/assist with all patient registration and administrative processes as assigned. Ensure all relevant patient registration records collected are accurate, current, and completed in a timely and accurate manner. Verify insurance information with the patient and the insurance company.
2. Ensure all clients/patients served experience a high level of customer satisfaction and care.
3. Provide support for additional administrative and support activities within the registration/business office, maintaining an acceptable level of productivity and consistency with all tasks as assigned.
4. Ensure that all records collected, processed, entered and filed are done so in a timely, accurate manner.
5. Ensure and uphold the confidentially requirements of all patient records, and manage all daily tasks and activities consistent with HIPAA, state and federal laws and regulations, and the clinical policies and regulations regarding confidentiality and security.
6. Develop and ensure effective, positive relationships within and among the clinical staff, patients, vendors, contractors, and related resources.
7. Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
8. Uphold and ensure compliance with and attention to all corporate policies and procedures, as well as the mission and values of the organization.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
1. Performs various clerical duties in department.
2. Accurately enters information ensuring financial processing.
3. Answers patient inquiries about their account information, insurance filing, co-pays, etc. or directs callers to appropriate department. Takes patient co-pays.
4. Schedules visits, tests and procedures as directed. Prepares requisitions for testing. Obtains pre-certification authorization.
5. Utilize computers, adding machines, fax machines, phones and other related office equipment in the fulfillment of assigned duties.
6. Communicate verbally and/or by writing with staff members, patients and their families.
7. Ensure all paperwork required for the registration process is prepared accurately and timely.
8. Maintain accurate, thorough filing of all paperwork. Prepares and maintains medical records as well as all intake/ patient information.
9. Participates in meetings and training as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to speak read, write and understand English.
- Previous medical office experienced required along with knowledge of medical coding and terminology.
- Capacity to function in a sometimes stressful, multi-tasking environment
To apply please send your resume through Indeed.com, fax to our Human Resources Department, to 410-749-0654 or fill out an application at our corporate office at 32033 Beaver Run Drive, Salisbury, MD 21804. Thank you.