Three Rivers Park District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great job to work at
Hyland Hills (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 20, 2017
Three rivers is a great community to be a part of. All of the management was great and all of the coworkers were amazing people. It was a fairly easy job but the culture was great and my days flew by!
Good place to work, PT in the winter
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hyland Hills in Bloomington MNMarch 24, 2017
I have worked at Hyland Hills for 10 seasons and will keep coming back. I work on the "Sixth Grade" program where we bring in as many as 350 kids on any given day, and teach them (mostly never-evers) to make turns and come to a stop on skis, such that they can be turned loose to ski the runs accessible via the chairlifts.
Some schools are tougher that others, and not every day is completely taxing. It is very rewarding to see some struggling 4th to 7th grade children make it through the course and get their "Blue Smiley Faces!"
It is a good place to work, mostly because the manager of the 6th Grade Program is a great people manager. She encourages input from all of her people, and listens to it. She also has excellent support from the Ski School Director.
Pros
Discount on meals.
Productive and fun!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNJanuary 12, 2017
My typical day would be I arrive and either start working the register or go out and pick up golf balls. I learned how to interact with a customer and how to follow instruction. The management was phenomenal. My co-workers were also phenomenal. Hardest part of the job was having to leave at the end of the season. The most enjoyable part was being out on the golf course.
Fun place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNNovember 11, 2016
Love the company. Management is great and helpful. The work is hard especially in harsh weather, but it is still enjoyable. Many chances for advancement. Many different departments to work in.
fun workplace
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 8, 2016
lots of connecting with co workers by snowboarding during breaks going tubing and learning how to ski. great break room food. I learned a lot about dealing with small children
Pros
free season ski hill pass
Cons
weekend work
Engaging and ever changing work days.
Invasive Species Forestry Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 17, 2016
As a invasive species technician, I assisted the coordinator with planing and executing the management of various invasive plant species. My main responsibilities included:mapping new or existing invasive plant populations, guiding Conservation Corps groups of 4-5 members to the management sites, and ensuring the management plans were carried out safely and to the best of my ability.
Pros
Flexible hours, great staff
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancement
if you love skiing/ snowboarding work here
Snowboard Instructor & Snowboard Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 9, 2015
great place to work. great people. great perks (free lift ticket). opportunity to learn and grow. amazing people. definitely come work here if you love the outdoors.
Pros
you get to ski for free
Cons
long days
Passionate people doing what they love to do.
Outdoor Educator ~ Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 22, 2015
I am lucky enough to work with people that have a passion for educating, the parks and people. The Park District is a place where I have been able to grow my passion and skills in outdoor education while learning from people who have an incredible amount of time and energy devoted to the field. I would recommend the Park District to anyone interested.
Pros
Do what you love!
Cons
Obscure hours serving the public's needs
Very poor place to work!
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 22, 2015
Management is not experienced enough to handle money they receive from Hennepin county. Very top heavy for a District Park. One might suggest the wealthy just get wealthier. Workers get nothing, the good employees leave or senior management has HR fire them. Not much for the honest worker! Very difficult establishment to work for.
Pros
Cons
Human Resources
Fun work atmosphere
Rental Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 20, 2015
I have worked at this job since I was 17. I love the atmosphere of the place that it provides for all ages. I enjoyed working with such a wide variety of people that you can learn from in some way or shape.
Pros
Free season pass
Cons
Seasonal job
Fun Seasonal Job
Snowsports Academy Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 28, 2015
Working for Three Rivers is a rewarding work place that is a wonderful resume builder that employers recognize. Managers are easy too get along with and all have a basic goal, show up and do your job. If you are a people person who likes the working with people who are enjoying the outdoors it is a great job.
Pros
Stress Free Environment
Cons
Seasonal Positions
Enjoyable workplace whose mission is to to promote environmental stewardship through recreation and education in a natural resources-based park system
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 5, 2015
My typical day at work consists of numerous responsibilities such as supervising part-time seasonal staff, opening and closing all areas of the building, following proper revenue handling procedures, and satisfying customers needs. I enjoy being a leader and working as a team with my co-workers. I learn more about the job every day and like tackling and conquering new challenges.
Pros
Flexibility
Fun workplace with great management
Seasonal Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 12, 2014
Everyday was fun. There were multiple different things to do so you wouldn't get too bored of doing the same thing everyday.
Very fun environment, high school level of pay for a high school level of work.
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 8, 2013
Who wouldnt like to get paid to chill with friends in the snow?
Pros
Free season pass
Cons
Not enough time in the season