Threshold Enterprises

Threshold Enterprises Employee Reviews

Terible
Machine Operator (Current Employee), scotts valeey, ca.February 4, 2015
Plain and simple just a very cheap sweatshop position.

There is not much more to tell. With out question the worst place I have ever worked.
FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A ROBOT, NOT A HUMAN BEING
Special Orders, Fulfillment Handler. (Current Employee), Santa Cruz, CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers are fun and try to keep you from jumping off the product shelves.
Cons: management, no actual raises, room for advancement but there are waiting lists for days.
I been working at the Santa Cruz warehouse, in the Special Orders Shipping. I would like to start with the manager. One of the employees had a hunger headache, so she went to the vending machine to retrieve a snack. The manager popped out and got quite literally in her face, pointing his finger in it, and yelling "NO EATING UNLESS YOU ARE ON BREAK!" She tried to explain but he only continued to shout "NUMBERS! PRODUCTION!!"
Another instance that bothered me intensely was at the team meeting. A fellow Co-worker started to respectively speak about how we are treated here, and it was followed by a – more... round of applause from the rest of us. The Supervisor (whom I will be covering next) started to short circuit, and didn't know what to do, so the Manager stood up and shut us all up real quick, and declared an end to the meeting. That right there proves we have no voice, and our opinions are not valued!!
And now the supervisor. Where to start? What to say? He is always itching, scratching, and can't complete a full sentence. Tweaker, would be the word I'm looking for. He has the concentration of a goldfish, and I'm convinced is fearful of every human being he crosses paths with. Its like he's always short circuiting and his head is about to explode. He can't handle noises, so he enforced a new rule. No laughter, talking, or loud noises. Everyone is now operating on 100% utter misery.
Sergio is the other supervisor, and I have no complaints about how he does his job. He listens, and doesn't start rattling off about how we need to make numbers so they can take their bonuses and go on vacation. He is the only one I believe cares for the employees.

And yes, they do not want you talking, laughing, or doing anything that resembles you are remotely human. That is a real rule.

The pay is slightly above minimum wage, and as for raises, well... Lets just say there are people who have been there for ten years or more and still aren't making $10.00 an hour.
The morale there is terrible, but you have your fellow, and very understanding, co-workers to help you through the misery. I'm honestly surprised there has not been a strike there. The union is still fairly new there, but as far as i know, as useful as a a friend who spews nothing but bad advice. – less
Excellent company, Wonderful co-workers
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Scotts Valley, CAMay 27, 2013
Fast-paced, challenging employment. Supportive management and staff.
It paid the bills and the people were innovative, creative and great to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 23 Janis Way, Scotts Valley CA 95066March 6, 2013
I worked here for over 7 years so I think that says it all. The benefits are not great though.
Threshold Enterprises Summary
Customer Service (Current Employee), Scotts Valley, CAFebruary 25, 2013
I have gained over 3 years experience in customer service, sales, sales support, and data entry. I have also gained experience in the warehouse functionality. A typical day at work consists of a high volume of customer calls where we issue credits, track orders, use of all Microsoft products, some accounting experience is needed, etc. I have also spent time training all new employees as well as management. The environment at Threshold is definitely a positive one, and the office rapport is professional. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the customer's and building a professional relationship with them.
Could be a great Company if they would invest in thier employees
Accounting (Former Employee), Scotts Valley, CASeptember 26, 2012
Pros: not many jobs in santa cruz
Cons: poor management, little benefits, no reviews, sometimes hostile work environment
Unfortunately, the employees are not treated well. The restrooms are dirty, many departments do not have a place to rest or eat lunch. No parking even if you are injured or disabled. Reviews are promised but not given -for some three years. Top management does not seem to have the skills necessary to run a large manufacturing distribution operation. Lots of yelling, belittling, bulling and in generally an abusive environment. Please don’t take my word for it, check other reviews before accepting a potions at this Company.