Thresholds

Thresholds Employer Reviews

Fun place to work at.
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
Pros: home like atmosphere...
Cons: there are no cons.
Very good management. Up to tasks with members. Good staff supports as well. The members are very receptive, and they work very hard to get better mentally. The staffs are very supportive, and nice to work with.
Thresholds is a very good agency to work for. Being nice is a requirement.
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: more days off per year would help. they're at the low end with fifteen days.
I am very pleased to be working for Threshold's. They are always striving to create a better work environment. I have moved and the daily commute is wearing on me. I wish they were in the area where I have moved.
Its a great place to gain a wealth of experiences for somebody straight out of college.
Community Support Specialist 2 (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Working for Thresholds was a great place for training and experiences.
Learning Environment and Opportunity for Advancement
Crisis Worker, Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2014
Thresholds not only provided a beneficial learning environment for individuals starting out within the mental health arena, it provided you with the knowledge and experience for upward mobility within the agency.
A good place to start if you're interested in Mental Health
Residential Staff (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2014
Pros: giving back to community, seeing clients progress and grow
Cons: stressful work and some supervisors give you a hard time about using benefits
I worked as a residential staff for Thresholds for 3 years. I transferred sites once when I became overwhelmed by my schedule (14 hour weekend days, but hey, 3 days off a week...) and I had conflicts with my supervisor for not allowing me to use sick or vacation time. After a year and a half of that I transferred to a different residential and a much, much better team. Sometimes it takes some moving around to find them, but most supervisors here are willing to work with you and grant you much needed time off. The work can be stressful, as you need to make monthly billing/note quotas so Threaholds can make more money from the state, which in turn helps the clients. I worked in the Young Adult Program and would meet with the teens daily to talk about their progress and goals. Not every client will like you, but difficult clients present the most training opportunities. After 3 years and no raise or promotion I decided to leave Thresholds. There is very high turnover with staff at the residences.
Working with people with mental disabilities was a great learning experience.
Case Manager/Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: helping the disabled find hope.
Cons: not being able to help all of them.
I would lead informative groups for our clients. They really appreciated the various topics and they would ask questions and I would try to answer them and if I didn't know the answer I would find out and let them know. Sometimes other co-workers would assist if the groups where large. I enjoyed interacting with the members. I learned somethings about myself.
admin assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: pay well, advancement, location
loved this position, work well with clients of mental disability, and co workers wonderful enviorment to work in.
Great Place to work
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
I felt that I genuinely made a positive difference in the lives of people I've had the pleasure of helping.
Good Benefits
COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), IllinoisJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, wonderful clients
Cons: poor pay for long hours and minimal support
Hectic work days. Difficult to establish work life balance.
Excellent organization with plenty of job opportunities
Community Support Specialist III (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule for the day, support from team/co-workers, and great benefits
Cons: hefty amount of paperwork, paid for 40 hour work week but end up working more than 40 hour weeks, little to no pay raises
Typical work day consists of team meetings, scheduled visits with members in the community which can range from home visits, to doctors appointments, to advocating for members benefits needs to social service and external benefits agency collateral. Hefty amount of paperwork (progress notes, care plan updates, scheduling doctors and follow up appointments, collaborating with external health, benefits, and other community collateral) and no overtime pay even though working more than 40 hour work weeks. Management is excellent in trying to work with staff to help develop clinical and professional skills and is actively involved in encouraging and supporting staff that are experiencing challenges with adjustments to work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know and work with amazing members that expose staff to various mental health diagnoses, life experiences, and cherished moments that promote and encourage staff growth both professionally and personally.
This place was very interesting.
Sub-Shift Staff-1 Mother's Project (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
The management was very bias, they allowed the clients to do whatever they like to staff knowing their history. They allowed to much going on in the residents. Administration was spending the girls allowance on personal things. No Structure!
Good
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee), Chicago Heights, ILApril 23, 2014
Good company overall. Learning a lot from knowledgeable people. I enjoy the members and the interactions
Great job, great people and the work was important and meaningful.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good meaningful work.
Cons: lo's of paper work.
Thresholds is a great company to work for because they are dedicated to the development of youth in the community.
its cool
System Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2014
Decent pay and benefits. can go from chill to hectic workload.
Excellent training ground and environment for social workers and counselors
Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Thresholds is an excellent environment for young adults entering the mental health field. The opportunity exists to learn a great deal about the realities of mental illness, the realities of the stigma that exists and the opportunity to effect change in and around the community with the best resources available.
I love working for this company
Substitute Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Great place to work. Threshold appreciate their employees and reward staff with perks.
Thresholds has a great work environment
CONTRACT TALENT SPECIALIST/BENEFITS ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day working at Thresholds is extremely position and all employees are driven to create the best work environment possible.
An eye-opening experience.
Community Specialist II (Former Employee), SouthsideNovember 15, 2013
Pros: working with the members.
Cons: working with cut-throat staff.
The members were wonderful at my location. Most were very respectful, and once you gained their trust, they were a joy to work with.
However, the staff was cut-throat towards each other. (My experience). Never confide in your Team Leader/Supervisor, or express any of your thoughts, because, it will be used against you, at a later time. Trust no one! Staff loved drama, (gossiped all the time), and that created a hostile, uncomfortable, environment. It became nerve racking, to work with staff, that acted far worse than the members. So, if you love drama and chaos, this might be the place for you.
Progressive individuals providing services to individuals with mental illness.
LCSW (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2013
Pros: supervision, ceu opportunities, growth
Cons: too much work (but true for most agencies) - classic social worker problem.
Positive workplace environment, committed and ethical individuals, room for advancement within the agency
This organization has the right idea
Occupational Therapy Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2013
Thresholds has been through a lot of changes since I first became aware of them about 10 years ago. I love walking in the door of the buildings I serve, appreciate the willingness from management to learn different ways of doing things, and respect the work being done.

About Thresholds

Established in 1959, Thresholds provides healthcare, housing, and hope for thousands of persons with mental illnesses in Illinois – Read more