Thresholds Employee Reviews

Company has many parts
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
I was in one position that I was unhappy with but the company overall may be better then my experience. Direct managers were not on the same page and communication was always very unclear.
Balanced and informative
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
Working for Thresholds can provide many opportunities such as being able to transition to other positions and training that is offered. Working environment is very comfortable.
Rewarding Work
Nurse Aide/Health Care (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 31, 2017
I enjoyed working with the wonderful residents, but this was not a place I could see myself long term. The benefits were good, but there were no opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Rewarding Work
Cons
No room for advancement
mixed feelings
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJune 30, 2017
working here has been a strange experience of ups and downs. There are times where I believe in the organization to reach their mission and other times I feel let down by their lack of structure.
great place to work however poor salary
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
Great place to build and utilize skills. Great management and opportunities for growth including supervision and advancement. However low pay for amount of work and driving. Can be very stressful but rewarding work.
Pros
rewarding clinical work, great management and team approach, supervision, advancement opportunties.
Cons
low salary, lots of driving, difficult client cases, productivity demands, notes
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
I enjoy working for such a wonderful company. It is a pleasure to come to work everyday. My supervisors are AWESOME!!! I learn a lot at work, we are constantly encouraged to grow both personally and professionally. I would encourage anybody to work for Thresholds.
Job is a good place to start
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 8, 2017
Thresholds is a good place to work but there is no room for growth. A typical day at Thresholds was pretty easy and laid back. Good residents and employees.
Professional, caring company.
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2017
I loved my job at Thresholds. Everyone that worked there were so kind and they care about me as a person, not just another employee. This position allowed me to complete nursing school as well as gained the necessary experience for other positions within health care
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
low wages
Productive various departments highly structured and organized
CST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2017
What I learned about management was everyone in not capable of managing employees with a degree. It takes people skills, humility, appropriate communication and versatile training skills. You cannot be rigid about training or supervising a diverse staff. Supervisor training should be ongoing and if you are a bullet point in analytic thinking, you must learn other training methods.
Pros
Working with residential supervisors beneficial
Cons
some atypical management community support
Flexible work environment
Team Leader, Assertive Community Treatment (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2017
Job offers good benefits and training opportunity. Salary is low but the flexible work schedule helps to compensate for the pay. Good place to start for recent graduates.
Relaxed and fun working place working to help people.
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2017
A typical day at work consist of reviewing a case load and determining how you will assist one or more of the members for the day. I have learned how to be a case worker and clinician over the last two years. Thresholds is composed of many different entities and working with the SSVF program housing homeless Veterans and helping them to manage symptoms. The culture is great and very diverse. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the issues of most of the members and trying not to take their issues home. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I work hard everyday knowing that I helped someone to live or survive and feel empowered to see another day.
Team Environment
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2017
Thresholds has a strong focus on team collaboration, which is spread throughout the agency. Employees are empowered by participating in some of the decision making processes, which impact daily work life. Many employees return due to the collaborative nature of teams.
Pros
team collaboration, mission driven, growth opportunities
Cons
low salary, stressful work conditions, lack of a state budget
Poor pay interesting people and meaningful work
Managed Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2017
Thresholds is very program specific - if you have a good supervisor and great co-workers the job is good because you are doing meaningful work. If your supervisor is burned out (which happens a lot) or the program doesn't have resources to meet its own needs, then the job is high stress at best and totally unmanageable at worst.
Great Company
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2017
Great Organization to work for, great staff and people. You have to Love what you do, because they don't pay a lot. It's non for profit. Very flexible.
Pros
Vacation/Sick / Benefits/Flexibility
Cons
No room to advance once you get to a certain level
good working environment but poor pay and very top heavy agency
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2017
I have enjoyed my coworkers and have learned a lot but the pay does not equal the expectations. Many manager have poor boundaries and you are expected to be available all of the time regardless of scheduled days off etc.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor pay
Productive and fun workplace
Shift Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2017
Arrive at work and prepare to let the members in from school. Prepare snack and dinner. Prepare for activities and groups. Assist members with cooking and cleaning.
Underpaid
Residential Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2017
I am underpaid, definitely too valuable to be sitting around in a residential setting. My role is unclear and possibly unnecessary. Bed bugs and roaches and ants in the work office, no break room.
Pros
Dont have to work hard
great cultural and mission, poor compensation
Residential Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2017
Love working here. Great people and great atmosphere. Mission statement is heartfelt and honest. Training and Flexibility is amazing. Inadequate pay
Pros
culture, atmosphere, mission, members
Cons
pay
Great Company with a Great Heart
Lead Revenue Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2017
Working at Thresholds is a great experience. The work they do with the homeless and mentally disabled is very admirable. This is a very fulfilling company to work for. Its definitely a laid back workplace.
Pros
Laid back workplace
Cons
No room for growth and no option to work from home
Small but big in the inside.
LANDesk endpoint program administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
Work and with the LANDesk helpdesk to support it. Help with the helpdesk call's and imaging system like Surface Pro 3 & 4 Customizing Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 version 1607

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thresholds. Our community is ready to answer.