Thresholds Employee Reviews

If youre not in the Clique..forget about
Employment Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
If you are looking to gain some experience...this would be a great place to start..However. .the turnover is pretty high and here's a few reasons why..if you're not in thr clique. ..you'll learn quite fast..All rules don't apply to everyone.Supervisors hire friends and family and all programs are ran differently.If you are not a part of the clique. .your voice will not be heard and you will be assigned more work than others..I've worked for this company for over 6 years and although i enjoy helping and working with the members..the unethical work behavior, and cliques at Threshold make it difficult to trust leaders and enjoy work.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Not enough pay and too many cliques
Poor management and focus
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
In spite of being named one of the best workplaces in Chicago, the management at Thresholds is only concerned about billing and the money that is received from the state. Whereas billing is important, it is a priority for Thresholds and the quality of service provided to members/clients is minimal at best.
Great organization, great people.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2017
Thresholds is a wonderful place to work. The organization fosters a culture of compassion, kindness, transparency and encouragement for not jut the people served, but also the employees.
Pros
Great people, opportunity to advance and move within the company.
Cons
Salaries could be higher
Thresholds work experience
Community Support Specialist (Case Worker) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Thresholds is a great place to build experience in the social service field and the mental health field. Thresholds offer variety positions in the mental health for people desire to work.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation and work life balance
Threshold
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2016
Close knit bosses and employees working for a common goal. A lot of information from clients was taken for granted without checking for accuracy. Some very stressful days due to client's problems.
Pros
frequent parties
Cons
solitary work
Respite Provider
Respite Provider (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Enjoyed the job but low pay for some of the task I had to perform. I worked alone and the job felt more like babysitting then doing anything to further my career or advancement in the company.
Assistant Supervisor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 19, 2016
It was an excellent work environment. I truly enjoyed the work that I was able to do with the time that I spent with this company. Everyone I worked with was very nice.
Community Support Specialist
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 12, 2016
Mental health support for members. Working with helping members on daily living activities, applying for work, benefits, managing meds, counseling and anything else they need help with.
Fun and interesting
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 28, 2016
Worked in a behavioral health AFC home with several residents. As a manager, you were required to do everything in the home to maintain it for licensing and CARF.
Excellent organization that provides a tremendous service to individuals in mental health recovery.
Team Leader, Thresholds (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2016
A typical day is spent helping individuals as well as groups get through each day of their lives. I learned about mental illness and the stigma that goes with it. I learned how the help members cope with their situations and help them to become self sufficient.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2016
Thresholds is a great company to work for if a person is just getting out of college and needs work right away that is not too demanding or high pressured. The only down side is that it is a nonprofit organization, and the pay can be a little low.
Pros
Free lunches, outings, creativity
Cons
high stress, low pay
Great and supportive staff, but overworked/underpaid
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
The staff is laid-back and supportive. Mostly everybody is nice.If you have a problem, they are willing to help.

The burnout is high, the pay is low and some of the clients are very severe. If you're a counselor, you may be doing more case management.
Pros
Good insurance, understanding bosses, support
Cons
Low pay, overworked, feeling stressed, paperwork demands
mental health
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2016
Overall agency culture is accepting and aligns with my ideals.
State budget cuts and lack of cost of living wage increase are reasons for me searching elsewhere for employment.
Ok
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2016
Thresholds is a good place to work.I enjoy working for them. It is a good NPO and has good benefits. My co-workers are good at what they do.
the work place was great
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 24, 2016
It was a great place of employment very warming. I enjoy the training that was offered. I learned so much I really enjoyed it.
productive and fun place to work
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
a great working enviroment, great collegues and supervisors. I would recommend for anyone looking for a job. An easy place to learn and communicate with your superiors and collegues. Its more like a family than a job because of the easy communition.
Rewarding to place to work
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2016
I enjoy working with the members at Thresholds. The biggest disadvantage is the pay. However, working with the members takes a special type of person.
productive and cool job
CLINICAL SUPPORT SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2016
you come to work and get the job done with clients. You can chills while reading a book or play games with clients. You can come up with an idea of games with clients. it's very relax place and study or do homework.
If need experience and no other place is hiring then this is the place to go
Community/Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2015
I'm grateful for this position because it allowed me entry into the field. However it's at a high price. The environment is very toxic due to people not being paid well and requiring unachievable standards which creates a work/life that is out of balance!!
Pros
You get experience
Cons
They don't pay well and they ask a lot from the employees. No real work life balance at this place
Family Friendly with compassion for urgent situations
Agency Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 29, 2015
It is a pleasure to work for such a company that understands that some have families and have to coordinate schedules for sickness, doctor appointments, etc. Those choosing to continue their schooling are able to flex their schedules to do so. All of the supervisors use a Trauma Informed process in their supervision.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Most workers are in cubicles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thresholds. Our community is ready to answer.