Thresholds Employee Reviews

Great Company with a Great Heart
Lead Revenue Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2017
Working at Thresholds is a great experience. The work they do with the homeless and mentally disabled is very admirable. This is a very fulfilling company to work for. Its definitely a laid back workplace.
Pros
Laid back workplace
Cons
No room for growth and no option to work from home
Small but big in the inside.
LANDesk endpoint program administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
Work and with the LANDesk helpdesk to support it. Help with the helpdesk call's and imaging system like Surface Pro 3 & 4 Customizing Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 version 1607
Fun work culture, supportive, friendly,
Community Support/ Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILFebruary 17, 2017
A typical work day requires a lot of planning, flexibility, and support. The most enjoyable part of the job is that no two appointment are alike and this job keeps you motivated. The culture is fun loving and casual and always a shoulder to lean on for support. Big on team culture and dynamics.
Pros
Flexible, Causal, Clinical, Community based, Outreach visits, Paid trainings, Good Benefits
Cons
Low Salary
Awesome work site and great co-workers
Residential Counselor, Case manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2017
A typical work day- process with staff, receive shift summary from pervious staff. Complete all required paper work regarding members. Helping member
Pros
Helping members reach goals, great co-workers, Great leadership
Cons
Pay and benefits could improve. Hire more staff.
Hated the job
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2017
To much politics too much back talking unfair and hostile place to work ridiculous and stupid always something happening they go after you if they do not like you
Pros
nothing
Cons
too much drama
Compassionate, Grace-filled, & laid-back work place; Meaningful, worthwhile work
Certified Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Compassionate, grace-filled and laid-back work place; meaningful, worthwhile work.

Despite having been let go from Thresholds in a less than stellar decision in which I felt unheard, I still whole-heartedly believe that Thresholds is one of the greatest agencies one could ever work for. The people we work with are among the most resilient, most courageous, and most hilarious that I've ever met and, until the very end, there wasn't a time in my 2+ years that I didn't want to go to work. Their smiles and laughter and the joy of helping find them a home or get them set up with food stamps and such made coming to work worthwhile. And the community at Thresholds is great. It tends to be a fairly young community and includes a lot of people who transition in and out as they get their certifications, but overall, the Thresholds community loves hanging out and getting to know each other. They look to support each other and there's always someone there if you need a listening ear.
Pros
laid-back, compassionate, grace-filled community; meaningful, worthwhile work; members are hilarious; the supervisors are awesome
Cons
take member's word over staff's, upstairs makes decisions that downstairs doesn't necessarily agree with
Respite Provider
Respite Provider (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Enjoyed the job but low pay for some of the task I had to perform. I worked alone and the job felt more like babysitting then doing anything to further my career or advancement in the company.
Thresholds work experience
Community Support Specialist (Case Worker) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Thresholds is a great place to build experience in the social service field and the mental health field. Thresholds offer variety positions in the mental health for people desire to work.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation and work life balance
Great organization, great people.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2017
Thresholds is a wonderful place to work. The organization fosters a culture of compassion, kindness, transparency and encouragement for not jut the people served, but also the employees.
Pros
Great people, opportunity to advance and move within the company.
Cons
Salaries could be higher
Threshold
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2016
Close knit bosses and employees working for a common goal. A lot of information from clients was taken for granted without checking for accuracy. Some very stressful days due to client's problems.
Pros
frequent parties
Cons
solitary work
Poor management and focus
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
In spite of being named one of the best workplaces in Chicago, the management at Thresholds is only concerned about billing and the money that is received from the state. Whereas billing is important, it is a priority for Thresholds and the quality of service provided to members/clients is minimal at best.
If youre not in the Clique..forget about
Employment Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
If you are looking to gain some experience...this would be a great place to start..However. .the turnover is pretty high and here's a few reasons why..if you're not in thr clique. ..you'll learn quite fast..All rules don't apply to everyone.Supervisors hire friends and family and all programs are ran differently.If you are not a part of the clique. .your voice will not be heard and you will be assigned more work than others..I've worked for this company for over 6 years and although i enjoy helping and working with the members..the unethical work behavior, and cliques at Threshold make it difficult to trust leaders and enjoy work.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Not enough pay and too many cliques
Assistant Supervisor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 19, 2016
It was an excellent work environment. I truly enjoyed the work that I was able to do with the time that I spent with this company. Everyone I worked with was very nice.
Fun and interesting
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 28, 2016
Worked in a behavioral health AFC home with several residents. As a manager, you were required to do everything in the home to maintain it for licensing and CARF.
Ok
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2016
Thresholds is a good place to work.I enjoy working for them. It is a good NPO and has good benefits. My co-workers are good at what they do.
the work place was great
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 24, 2016
It was a great place of employment very warming. I enjoy the training that was offered. I learned so much I really enjoyed it.
Community Support Specialist
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 12, 2016
Mental health support for members. Working with helping members on daily living activities, applying for work, benefits, managing meds, counseling and anything else they need help with.
mental health
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2016
Overall agency culture is accepting and aligns with my ideals.
State budget cuts and lack of cost of living wage increase are reasons for me searching elsewhere for employment.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2016
Thresholds is a great company to work for if a person is just getting out of college and needs work right away that is not too demanding or high pressured. The only down side is that it is a nonprofit organization, and the pay can be a little low.
Pros
Free lunches, outings, creativity
Cons
high stress, low pay
Excellent organization that provides a tremendous service to individuals in mental health recovery.
Team Leader, Thresholds (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2016
A typical day is spent helping individuals as well as groups get through each day of their lives. I learned about mental illness and the stigma that goes with it. I learned how the help members cope with their situations and help them to become self sufficient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thresholds. Our community is ready to answer.