Thresholds Employee Reviews in United States

Community Support Specialist Thresholds (Current Employee) –  chicagoApril 4, 2015
Thresholds is a great place to work if you enjoy advancing in a company. Thresholds is a has a very stress free work enviornment. The supervisors are easy to work with and the co-workers are enjoyable.
Fun place to work with it's challenges
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2015
A typical day includes meeting with members for 1:1 appointments, preparing meals for all members in the house, documenting activities, implementing treatment plans. Occasional crisis intervention resulting in calling 911 for police assistance or member transport to hospital for medical or psychological evaluations.

Thresholds training is an A+. They are very thorough and provide evidence-based training for all staff in direct care. This is not just lectures, but they do role play and gave us a chance to test out the theories we were to implement with our members. Training department was phenomenal in their support of staff questions and clarifications as needed in person or via email or phone calls.

Management - policies are very fair, positions for advancements are competitive. The develop their policies with staff and members in mind. The listened to all people involved to try and ratify changes and while implementing business changes to meet funding sources requirements or accreditation requirements. With policy changes, management trains the staff so they are understanding what's happening. We don't always agree, but at least we understand enough to accept and work with them on these implications.

Hardest part of the job, was keeping up the quality of service and documentation standards required for our funders and accreditation. The emotional and mental part of they job in Mental health can be very draining. If you are not careful you can burn out easily.

Co-workers some were a team, some were not. The cultures affected the relationships, until a
  more... lead set the standards that were considered the Employee Culture and work ethics.

I enjoyed working with the staff and members. Watching the members grow over the years and accomplishing some of their goals.
Fun place to work at.
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
Very good management. Up to tasks with members. Good staff supports as well. The members are very receptive, and they work very hard to get better mentally. The staffs are very supportive, and nice to work with.
Pros
home like atmosphere...
Cons
there are no cons.
Thresholds is a very good agency to work for. Being nice is a requirement.
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
I am very pleased to be working for Threshold's. They are always striving to create a better work environment. I have moved and the daily commute is wearing on me. I wish they were in the area where I have moved.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
more days off per year would help. they're at the low end with fifteen days.
Its a great place to gain a wealth of experiences for somebody straight out of college.
Community Support Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Working for Thresholds was a great place for training and experiences.
Learning Environment and Opportunity for Advancement
Crisis Worker, Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2014
Thresholds not only provided a beneficial learning environment for individuals starting out within the mental health arena, it provided you with the knowledge and experience for upward mobility within the agency.
A good place to start if you're interested in Mental Health
Residential Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2014
I worked as a residential staff for Thresholds for 3 years. I transferred sites once when I became overwhelmed by my schedule (14 hour weekend days, but hey, 3 days off a week...) and I had conflicts with my supervisor for not allowing me to use sick or vacation time. After a year and a half of that I transferred to a different residential and a much, much better team. Sometimes it takes some moving around to find them, but most supervisors here are willing to work with you and grant you much needed time off. The work can be stressful, as you need to make monthly billing/note quotas so Threaholds can make more money from the state, which in turn helps the clients. I worked in the Young Adult Program and would meet with the teens daily to talk about their progress and goals. Not every client will like you, but difficult clients present the most training opportunities. After 3 years and no raise or promotion I decided to leave Thresholds. There is very high turnover with staff at the residences.
Pros
giving back to community, seeing clients progress and grow
Cons
stressful work and some supervisors give you a hard time about using benefits
Working with people with mental disabilities was a great learning experience.
Case Manager/Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2014
I would lead informative groups for our clients. They really appreciated the various topics and they would ask questions and I would try to answer them and if I didn't know the answer I would find out and let them know. Sometimes other co-workers would assist if the groups where large. I enjoyed interacting with the members. I learned somethings about myself.
Pros
helping the disabled find hope.
Cons
not being able to help all of them.
admin assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2014
loved this position, work well with clients of mental disability, and co workers wonderful enviorment to work in.
Pros
pay well, advancement, location
Great Place to work
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
I felt that I genuinely made a positive difference in the lives of people I've had the pleasure of helping.
Good Benefits
COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 14, 2014
Hectic work days. Difficult to establish work life balance.
Pros
good benefits, wonderful clients
Cons
poor pay for long hours and minimal support
Excellent organization with plenty of job opportunities
Community Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2014
Typical work day consists of team meetings, scheduled visits with members in the community which can range from home visits, to doctors appointments, to advocating for members benefits needs to social service and external benefits agency collateral. Hefty amount of paperwork (progress notes, care plan updates, scheduling doctors and follow up appointments, collaborating with external health, benefits, and other community collateral) and no overtime pay even though working more than 40 hour work weeks. Management is excellent in trying to work with staff to help develop clinical and professional skills and is actively involved in encouraging and supporting staff that are experiencing challenges with adjustments to work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know and work with amazing members that expose staff to various mental health diagnoses, life experiences, and cherished moments that promote and encourage staff growth both professionally and personally.
Pros
make your own schedule for the day, support from team/co-workers, and great benefits
Cons
hefty amount of paperwork, paid for 40 hour work week but end up working more than 40 hour weeks, little to no pay raises
This place was very interesting.
Sub-Shift Staff-1 Mother's Project (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
The management was very bias, they allowed the clients to do whatever they like to staff knowing their history. They allowed to much going on in the residents. Administration was spending the girls allowance on personal things. No Structure!
Good
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILApril 23, 2014
Good company overall. Learning a lot from knowledgeable people. I enjoy the members and the interactions
Great job, great people and the work was important and meaningful.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
Thresholds is a great company to work for because they are dedicated to the development of youth in the community.
Pros
good meaningful work.
Cons
lo's of paper work.
its cool
System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2014
Decent pay and benefits. can go from chill to hectic workload.
Excellent training ground and environment for social workers and counselors
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Thresholds is an excellent environment for young adults entering the mental health field. The opportunity exists to learn a great deal about the realities of mental illness, the realities of the stigma that exists and the opportunity to effect change in and around the community with the best resources available.
I love working for this company
Substitute Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Great place to work. Threshold appreciate their employees and reward staff with perks.
Thresholds has a great work environment
CONTRACT TALENT SPECIALIST/BENEFITS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day working at Thresholds is extremely position and all employees are driven to create the best work environment possible.
An eye-opening experience.
Community Specialist II (Former Employee) –  SouthsideNovember 15, 2013
The members were wonderful at my location. Most were very respectful, and once you gained their trust, they were a joy to work with.
However, the staff was cut-throat towards each other. (My experience). Never confide in your Team Leader/Supervisor, or express any of your thoughts, because, it will be used against you, at a later time. Trust no one! Staff loved drama, (gossiped all the time), and that created a hostile, uncomfortable, environment. It became nerve racking, to work with staff, that acted far worse than the members. So, if you love drama and chaos, this might be the place for you.
Pros
working with the members.
Cons
working with cut-throat staff.