Thrifty White Drug Employee Reviews

fun and productive place to work
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNJanuary 27, 2017
A fun and enjoyable place to work. Fast pace place to work. They co-workers and customers were enjoyable to be around. Every year we get a bonus and an employee evalution/
So disapointed!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDMarch 25, 2016
The most unfriendliest place i have ever encountered!!! They are not very welcoming!! They treat you as if u are trash and they are more expensive.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Productive, safe and flexible place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 1, 2016
I work at Thrifty White variable hours Monday through Friday in between my school schedule. I pack and label drug orders that are shipped out to facilities in the area. I have learned important skills in the workforce. How important it is to be reliable and professional. I enjoy working with my co-workers but in my area I don't get to have a lot of interaction with co-workers. That would be the hardest part of my job. I do not have interaction with people and I do repetitive work all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility and the environment.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
I don't have opportunity to work with people
Great job Great people
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Warroad, MNJanuary 4, 2016
Coorporate pharmacy with independent flair.

Goals are sometime unrealistic.

Support is available if needed.

Would continue to work for company.

Would recommend company to others
Very busy and successful company
Assist Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 28, 2015
Thrifty White is dedicated to serving small rural pharmacies as well as busy chain pharmacies. They have been in business since 1882. I learned a lot about distribution, logistics and what it takes to run a successful operation.
Productive and very fast paced.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cold Spring, MNJuly 23, 2015
Key Holder.
Open and close store. Banking, stocking shelves , unloading truck , directing under management on duties. Working with Pharmacy staff.
Customer service.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
No upper Management support.
productive and efficient but can be stressful
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Our day is usually consistant busy with rxs,customers,and phones. When flu season starts we are swamped from open to close but still get all our daily tasks completed efficiently. We have a very excellent pharmacy manager who keeps us all well informed about any and new information updates. My co-workers and I have great team work together.We help each other out when ever needed and share equally in the responsibilities and duties required in the pharmacy. The hardest part of the day is promoting drug filling programs we provide-can be time consuming when we're busy.We are always busy which I enjoy because it makes the day go fast and there is never a boring moment.Working with my co-workers is the best part of the day next to lunch time and punch out time.
Pros
i love my co-workers and customers
Cons
work hours/times not consistent, wages
awesome company to work for
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNJanuary 3, 2014
typical day includes:
* input of new Rx
* refill of existing Rx
* working with nurses & doctors in long-term care facilities and public
No issues, but have only done a few days
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNSeptember 6, 2013
No issues - Just did some relief work there, techs were fine at the locations I was at
Pros
extra work
Cons
usually weekends available only
Thrifty White has a very positive working environment.
Cashier in Pharmacy and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDMay 30, 2013
I learned many skills. Like: How to handle tough situations, how to file, what kind of medications there are, how to regulate Sudafed sales. The people I work with are very positive and kind.
Fun place to work
Auditor/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth,MNFebruary 14, 2013
Lobed my job, enjoyed the many different parts of the job, from audits to Medicare. Enjoyed setting up the Accreditation part.
Pros
the job
Awesome place to work and they treat their employees well
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNAugust 20, 2012
In a typical day, I would refill prescriptions, work on new admissions to the nursing homes or long-term care facilities. Some days would be spent working with retail customers and filling their prescriptions. Answering the phone and providing customer service.
I learned a lot of new things and it's hard to describe all the things I did learn. It was amazing all that I didn't know. Management treated everyone equally and there weren't any favorites. Co-workers got along well and everyone would help out where they could. The hardest part of the job was learning the software, but with experience, it wasn't so bad. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and learning.
Good training
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 31, 2012
Never did customer service before, so I learned I had the ability to do it.
Pros
cselebrations
Cons
need permission for breaks.
Never sure what the direction is.
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNMarch 7, 2012
Home office does not communicate effectively with it's stores.