Thrifty White Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Amazing, Friendly,Outgoing
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Denison, IAOctober 14, 2017
At Thrifty White Pharmacy they are very kind and friendly individuals. They are very patient and organized. I enjoyed so many things there especially how friendly all the staff were to all of their customers. I would recommend this job to absolutely everyone.
Stressful and lack of communication from corporate
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cloquet, MNSeptember 19, 2017
They do pay well compared to other pharmacies in the area. The vacation time is nice also. The medical insurance is not the best, but their isn't many that are now days.
Decent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  MNAugust 30, 2017
Decent place to work. Good pay and benefits are really good. No work on major holidays and paid time off and sick leave after your first year. Only problem is that there is a ceiling to how far you can advance unless you have formal education, but that's to be expected.
Pros
Pay and benefits are great
Cons
Not much room to move up unless you are educated
Internship Details
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Denison, IAAugust 4, 2017
Although the time I spent at Thrifty White was short, I had a lot of fun working with the staff and filling prescriptions. The workers were friendly and willing to help me learn.
Demanding but rewarding
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 19, 2017
The company strives for the best of all markets that it works with. There are constant changes to workflow and what is expected for the productivity. In the pharmacy the communication is something to be desired with the management.
diverse, LTC and retail facility
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNMay 23, 2017
fast paced, customer oriented. not paid what worth. manager had a non assertive attitude, let things slide that should not. with right team very productive
Only job I ever walked out on in 40 years!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 29, 2017
Hated to go to work! You were not allowed to sit even if order entry. So much favoritism. I was a smoker at the time and had to hang my jacket away from everyone else. One tech had a kitchen timer and would set it whenever anyone went on break and watch for them to come back
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Favoritism
Favorite place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 27, 2017
This was honestly the best place I have ever worked at. Aside from a couple of rude employees it was amazing. I absolutely loved every bit of the company. The only reason why I left was because I had moved.
Pros
Would order lunch on Saturdays, amazing staff, understanding, willing to work around schedule, discounts
Cons
A couple of bad employees
An excellent place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 26, 2017
A great place to work. Flexible schedule, positive co-workers and management. Good compensation and benefits. Much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Positive co-workers and management
Cons
Work can get somewhat repetitive
Was a very flexable place to work
Pharmacy Cashier (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 12, 2017
White drug is a very flexable place to work but management was not strict at all. Everybody seems to be doing there own thing and have no care about if they do something wrong.
Flexable management and fun/energetic work atmosphere
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 12, 2016
A day at work is filled with smiling faces, we all have our own jobs to do within the pharmacy and can communicate across departments very easily. I have learned a lot about Long Term Care pharmacy and what it's like dealing with the patients and providers. I also learned about having an employee owned company which is different than family and corporate. The management listens to everyone and is very friendly even when it comes to work/life balancing. There are many resources to use within the company so that we can get the best benefits with no secrets to try and figure out. It is a very diverse company with many different people working together efficiently. They are also very friendly and know they have someone to go to for anything they might need. The hardest part of the job would be billing and insurance-which is usually hard, but important when getting needed medications. to patients on-time. Another part just specific to me is that the distance to my home is very far. The most enjoyable part is that I don't have to feel ashamed for telling my boss about issues I am having at home, and that whatever needs to be figured out to make my work comfortable they will provide.
Pros
Great management, monthly potlucks, weekly recognition, relaxed atmosphere, flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive insurance, long distance
Very bad experiences.
Pharmacy Technician-in-Training (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 2, 2016
I worked here for a year and a half. They promised movement within the company if there is a desire for growth, but in truth you'll be wherever management wants you. They gossip among themselves - there is no confidentiality, and those in management are those who enjoy playing the political game, not people with a mind for growth and development of the employees. For an employee owned company there isn't a lot of happiness and satisfaction among the employees. The benefits are horrible - no vacation for the first year, no sick pay, and after a year you still don't get sick pay if you're only out for one day. I threw up one day and went to work because that is the only way I could get paid. The one thing they are great to work with is making time if you have appointments. That's the only good thing I have to say about this company.
Pros
making time up for appointments.
Cons
Vacation, coworkers, management, Hr
Not a good company
Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 13, 2016
there is a lack of training

the department i was in was horrible, crabby staff and not very approachable when questions came up
Clean
Key Carrier (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, MNJanuary 16, 2016
Thrifty white is nice place to work. You work by yourself alot which is alright. Do alot of standing. I"m in front alot helping the customers, putting stock on shelves and taking off expiration product off the shelves. My co-workers are enjoyable to be with.
Pros
Get 1 hour lunches
Cons
No overtime
Very hostile environment
Anonomys (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 11, 2016
No recognition, top heavy, management bery inexperienced. The company makes up their own rules, do not follow state and federal guidlines. Treat employees like children and play favorites. Dont do it!
Pros
Decent med benefits, thats it
Cons
See my comments
Space way too small to work in productively!!
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sansdtone, MNDecember 31, 2015
Working here was crazy! I lasted three days! When customers come in to pick up prescriptions, if they are not on the rack you have to go search through all these baskets, getting in everyone's' way. There is no organization to the training at all, you are just thrown into it. They would benefit from using an automated phone system like most pharmacies do so the clerk can concentrate on waiting on customers' and the techs can fill prescriptions'. My co-worker's were all friendly enough and the manager and pharmacist were great and very friendly. I feel the stress level would be greatly reduced by taking prescriptions through an automated telephone system and creating a roomier work space. I worked in Sandstone and would still be there if a more organized system was in place.
Pros
Nice Co-worker's!
Cons
Cramped space and chaotic at times.
OK to work at this company as a first step in your career
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 22, 2015
It is ok but still retail pharmacy which away from the good benefits of hospitals and it is mainly depending on your hard physical working not on only on your smart brain. The communication between the team members is very bad and there is an issue between each department and the other. Your wage depends mainly on your relation with the pharmacy manager bo system or unity of the starting wage.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
terrible wage and benefits with females preference.
Very unorganized company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMarch 29, 2015
Company is very unorganized and not pro-active. Seem to jump in without all pertinent data. Promises one thing and does something else.
Excellent growing pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 10, 2014
Professional and friendly atmosphere. Work was challenging yet fun in all aspects of the pharmacy. The leadership was engaged and extremely supportive of the working staff.
Great Little Retail Setting in Small Midwest Towns
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  IowaJuly 1, 2014
Love working in these stores and with the populations in the towns. Mostly very small communities, but a great experience in a different kind of corporate retail pharmacy.