Thrifty White Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Very bad experiences.
Pharmacy Technician-in-Training (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 2, 2016
I worked here for a year and a half. They promised movement within the company if there is a desire for growth, but in truth you'll be wherever management wants you. They gossip among themselves - there is no confidentiality, and those in management are those who enjoy playing the political game, not people with a mind for growth and development of the employees. For an employee owned company there isn't a lot of happiness and satisfaction among the employees. The benefits are horrible - no vacation for the first year, no sick pay, and after a year you still don't get sick pay if you're only out for one day. I threw up one day and went to work because that is the only way I could get paid. The one thing they are great to work with is making time if you have appointments. That's the only good thing I have to say about this company.
Pros
making time up for appointments.
Cons
Vacation, coworkers, management, HR
Flexable management and fun/energetic work atmosphere
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 12, 2016
A day at work is filled with smiling faces, we all have our own jobs to do within the pharmacy and can communicate across departments very easily. I have learned a lot about Long Term Care pharmacy and what it's like dealing with the patients and providers. I also learned about having an employee owned company which is different than family and corporate. The management listens to everyone and is very friendly even when it comes to work/life balancing. There are many resources to use within the company so that we can get the best benefits with no secrets to try and figure out. It is a very diverse company with many different people working together efficiently. They are also very friendly and know they have someone to go to for anything they might need. The hardest part of the job would be billing and insurance-which is usually hard, but important when getting needed medications. to patients on-time. Another part just specific to me is that the distance to my home is very far. The most enjoyable part is that I don't have to feel ashamed for telling my boss about issues I am having at home, and that whatever needs to be figured out to make my work comfortable they will provide.
Pros
Great management, monthly potlucks, weekly recognition, relaxed atmosphere, flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive insurance, long distance
Very hostile environment
Anonomys (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 11, 2016
No recognition, top heavy, management bery inexperienced. The company makes up their own rules, do not follow state and federal guidlines. Treat employees like children and play favorites. Dont do it!
Pros
Decent med benefits, thats it
Cons
See my comments
OK to work at this company as a first step in your career
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 22, 2015
It is ok but still retail pharmacy which away from the good benefits of hospitals and it is mainly depending on your hard physical working not on only on your smart brain. The communication between the team members is very bad and there is an issue between each department and the other. Your wage depends mainly on your relation with the pharmacy manager bo system or unity of the starting wage.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
terrible wage and benefits with females preference.
I LOVE this company!
Anonymous  (Current Employee) –  Plymouth. MNJune 20, 2013
The best company I have ever worked for in my career! No politics or drama, and employees are always valued for their contribution. At Thrifty White, people are able to grow and learn without feeling infioriour or demeaned in anyway! My coworkers are always helpful and friendly. Great benefits and compensation! I will never leave here!
Space way too small to work in productively!!
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sansdtone, MNDecember 31, 2015
Working here was crazy! I lasted three days! When customers come in to pick up prescriptions, if they are not on the rack you have to go search through all these baskets, getting in everyone's' way. There is no organization to the training at all, you are just thrown into it. They would benefit from using an automated phone system like most pharmacies do so the clerk can concentrate on waiting on customers' and the techs can fill prescriptions'. My co-worker's were all friendly enough and the manager and pharmacist were great and very friendly. I feel the stress level would be greatly reduced by taking prescriptions through an automated telephone system and creating a roomier work space. I worked in Sandstone and would still be there if a more organized system was in place.
Pros
Nice Co-worker's!
Cons
Cramped space and chaotic at times.
Not a good company
Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 13, 2016
there is a lack of training

the department i was in was horrible, crabby staff and not very approachable when questions came up
Underpaid, unhappy workers in a hostile environment
tech (Current Employee) –  plymouth, mnMay 10, 2013
Management does not care about its workers, no organization whatsoever. Just a bad place to work at in general. Stress levels are very high and the pay is very low. Safe yourself some trouble and go with something else. This company drove away 25 workers in 2 years!!!
Pros
little management, supervision
Cons
low pay, drama, long hours
Great company, positive atmosphere!!
Data Entry Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 5, 2013
Just recently started and I love it! Very customer oriented. Awesome management and great opportunities to move up in this fast growing company
Awesome company
Administrative Assistant/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 7, 2013
Great company to work for where staff feels appreciated. There is job security.
Productive and busy workplace with great coworkers
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 7, 2014
I enjoyed everything about my job. I floated from area to area to keep me busy throughout the day, helping any of my coworkers with rejected claims or just regulating workflow. The most difficult area to learn was data entry, but I was able to get the hang of everything in just a matter of weeks. I got along with everyone I worked with which made getting through each work day quicker and easier, and everyone worked as a team.
Excellent growing pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 10, 2014
Professional and friendly atmosphere. Work was challenging yet fun in all aspects of the pharmacy. The leadership was engaged and extremely supportive of the working staff.
Very unorganized company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMarch 29, 2015
Company is very unorganized and not pro-active. Seem to jump in without all pertinent data. Promises one thing and does something else.
Great Little Retail Setting in Small Midwest Towns
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  IowaJuly 1, 2014
Love working in these stores and with the populations in the towns. Mostly very small communities, but a great experience in a different kind of corporate retail pharmacy.
Loved the responsibility!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNDecember 13, 2012
Good company to work for!
I had a lot of things I was in charge of, and it felt good to be busy!
friendly work environment
pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 1, 2014
flexible and growing in the retail and long term care pharmacy industry.
Fun place to work.
Certified Pharmacy Technician/Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNDecember 17, 2013
I like going to work in the afternoon.....generally a fun place to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thrifty White Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.