Job Title: Development Assistant
Hours: 40 hrs/week, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Reports to: Development Manager
Status: Exempt; Full-time
Qualifications (required): Bachelor’s degree; 1 or more (cumulative) years of related development or nonprofit experience. Positive interpersonal skills; strong work ethic, independent motivation, and ability to work as part of a team; enthusiasm, sense of humor, creativity, flexibility, and patience. Ability to work in under pressure in a fast-paced, sometimes-chaotic setting; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing environment. Strong communication, and writing skills; detail-oriented with good organizational skills a must. Ability to set priorities, exercise good judgment, manage important relationships, and provide timely and concise information to coworkers. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.).
Additional skills and experience (highly desirable): Demonstrated interest in the not-for-profit sector and strong interest in development, social justice, and Thrive DC’s mission. Familiarity with database management; event planning, and/or graphic design, website design experience a plus.
- Support the Development Manger in all fundraising activities including (but not limited to) special events and the cultivation, solicitation and appreciation of donations from individuals, foundations, corporations, and community organizations and groups
- Under direction of Development Manager, develop and write grant and other funding proposals to foundations, corporations and government agencies, and prepare associated reports, acknowledgements, and schedules.
- Oversee with development and production of organizational publications and mailings
- Help coordinate logistics for various fundraising events
- Assist the Development Manager and others in representing THRIVE DC’s to current and prospective supporters, donors, and the general public.
- Ensure that donor and activity records (including foundations, special events, etc.) are complete and accurate both in the paper files and the database.
- Design and run reports from database to analyze data and help formulate fundraising plans and goals.
- Research prospective donors (individual, institutional and governmental)
- Help develop and maintain the THRIVE DC’s web pages and social networking sites
- Assists with training and management of Development Interns and volunteers’
- Other duties as assigned
NO calls please
Indeed - 19 months ago