Thrivent Financial

Thrivent Financial Employer Reviews

Competitive workplace with many different areas for advancement
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 28, 2014
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans was a great place to work. I worked in the Life Insurance Interaction Center and was given the option to learn many different skill sets.

I learned many important things regarding ensuring your future is taken care of in case of unexpected events.

Co-workers were fun to work with although we weren't able to socialize – more... to often due to constant work on the phones. – less
Vice President (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 24, 2014
Thrivent is a solid financial services organization driven by faith-based values, serving the Christian market. Its products and services are consistent with a diversified financial services organization. It provides a high degree of work/life balance for its employees.
Very flexible hours but a lot of cold calling from an old database
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, religious orientation
Cons: very difficult to develop customers, cold calling.
The people and management were good, the clients who would meet with you are great.

A very tough database (old clients) and cold calling to work through.

Most good clients or clients with recurring commissions are taken by established agents.

If you decide to go this route, you need to create/establish your own clients and not rely on list of names – more... you start with, those will mostly be customer service. – less
fun
Loan Production Officer / Processor / Underwriter (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: change in management
it was a great place to work, but after getting my MBA I needed a change of pace
Productive environment, good work /life balance, great culture
Death Claims Service Representative (Current Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: workout center on location for employees, medical on site, supports christian-based culture and member-driven giving programs.
Cons: sometimes hard to move to certain departments. manual processing due to outdated computer programs.
Productive environment, good work /life balance, great culture that supports their member driven faith based giving philosophy. There is advancement opportunity, but can take time to get to some departments due to the longevity of careers for those who often chose not to retire. Depending on position, can be very manual in processing jobs; as they are – more... still taking years to sunset outdated programs. – less
Great Company going through growth
Community Engagement Intern (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: environment, co-workers, culture
Cons: slow-moving corporate mindset
This is probably one of the best financial services companies to work for. They genuinely care about members and give hundreds of thousands of dollars back to the community every year.

I was primarily involved with planning events for representatives. I made sure that all they had to do was show up at the event and be themselves. Everything else was – more... taken care of from the event venue to catering to gathering attendees contact information.

Everyone in my office is an absolute joy to work with, and that speaks to the incredible recruiting prowess of the zone partner. He has developed an incredible culture in the zone since he took over the position. – less
Fortune 500 company, great for women
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Thrivent Financial is one of the Fortune 500, and has been rated as one of the best companies to work for if you're a woman.
Professional environment
Beneficiary Research (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment, and was kept busy
Cons: no benefits, not included in company festivities
I used a fiche machine to review old contract slides. These slides needed to be manually read and reviewed to be entered in the computer database. Working with two computer screens as well here. The most frustrating part of the job is that we were required to view so many slideds/contracts per day. This took away from accuracy and made me feel rushed – more... to meet the quota. Some contracts took more attention than others.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I really bonded with everyone that I worked with. – less
ok
Representative (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTJanuary 15, 2014
a little to political, but that is how healthcare organizations are.
Positive
Lead Investment Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: the work
Cons: my 144 round trip drive to work
20% System Support/Maintenance
60% Project Work
20% Vendor Management

Learned - Each break/fix instance led to a solution through gathering of errors, etc. During the process of 'Fix' learning occurred resulting from diving into the details of the problem.

Co-workers - Team oriented environment with collaboration.

Hardest part of the job - *this – more... only applies to the last 5 years I worked for this company. Management interfered with customer interactions making it exceedingly difficult to gather requirements and provide appropriate follow through. It also caused repeat work. Communication is key to ensuring a positive project outcome.

Most Enjoyable part of the job - As a very analytical person, I enjoy troubleshooting problems and resolving system issues or finding creative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. I also enjoyed working with customers (people) – less
Sales of insurance and investment products
Financial Associate (Current Employee), Marshall, MIJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: independent contractor
Cons: independent contractor
Flexible schedule and personal freedom. Meeting and working with clients is very gratifying. Thrivent has excellent products and corporate support personnel.
Amazing job!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Tustin, CADecember 29, 2013
Working at Thrivent Financial was an amazing experience. My supervisors were incredible and taught me a great deal about the finical environment.
poor support from middle managment.
Financial Adviser (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 26, 2013
You will have to pay for everything. Training is week and comp is well below industry. No matter what they tell you they never follow through.
Dinosaur w/ Glacial Corporate Pace.
Insurance Sales and Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Somewhere over the rainbow, PANovember 7, 2013
Ancient company lagging behind the rest. The way this company brings on new talent can only be described as "a meat grinder". No support. Management is disconnected and unable to affect real training/support of new hires. If they don't get their act together soon, they'll be gone inside of a generation.
Was a great place to work
Super Queue Controller, Microfiche Generalist (Former Employee), MNOctober 27, 2013
Good co-workers, good management, enjoyed all of the jobs I had there. Loved the hours 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Highly Professional. Deeply committed to the financial welfare of their customers.
Financial Representative (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAOctober 25, 2013
One of the finest organizations I have ever had the opportunity to know of, much less work with.
Sales
Financial Representive (Former Employee), Home basedOctober 14, 2013
I want to change how I help people and decided I did not want to be in sales anylonger.
good place for temps or long term employees to learn
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee), appleton, wiOctober 13, 2013
Pros: facilities
great place to learn about tech support or insurance. lot of temp workers.
Loved my boss
Office Manager (Former Employee), Oakdale, MNSeptember 20, 2013
I loved working at this office. Although personal reasons pushed me to pursue other offers. I loved how busy I was and how I made peoples day just by helping out. A fun bunch of people !
Great company
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OhioJuly 3, 2013
Great company. They put a lot of time and money into training the right candidates.

About Thrivent Financial

Though not mentioned in the 95 Theses, Thrivent Investment Management nonetheless has significance to Lutherans. The company is – Read more