Thrivent Financial Employee Reviews

Great and open atmosphere, cafeteria, gives to community
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJune 21, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria, workout facility, pride in community giving
Cons: Many employees doing the same job, hard to feel you make a difference
Company has strong ties to community and there is pride associated with working there. The atmosphere is open and the workplace is friendly.
Perspective from a Temp job
Associate Accountant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2015
Great people, and great culture. I worked in the Financial Reporting department, the pace often changes depending on the time of the year. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the change of pace. But it had a relaxed atmosphere if your getting your work done.
excellent company to represent
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 22, 2015
My typical day at work was long, usually over 8 hrs. I learned alot and enjoyed working with my customers to protect their families. I had great co-workers also.
Caring Leaders
REGIONAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), WIMay 20, 2015
I am thankful to have experienced such caring leaders in my tenure at Thrivent. Experiencing other company cultures truly makes you appreciate the way in which Thrivent leaders treat their employees as real people and not just a number.
Difficult to start in business
Financial Representative (Current Employee), CAApril 20, 2015
Great values and great people. Faith oriented but still very money driven. Hardest part of job is prospecting. Must constantly own book of business.
Christian based Fortune 500 Company Serving members
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 19, 2015
Opportunity to assist families and members with financial products for college and retirement planning. Being a Fortune 500 Company allowed for multiple choices of products, education and travel benefits year long. Technology for online video conferences and meetings with prospects create many opportunities to work with professionals within the Company.
Typical Call Center, but with good benefits
Customer Service Professional - Variable Annuities (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: pay, hours, advancement
Great benefits, mediocre pay, typical workplace politics when it comes to promotions. Company focuses on too many small items instead of the big pictures.
Considered self-employed, little contact with other representatives
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 9, 2015
Pros: interaction with clients and schedule flexibility.
Cons: 100% commission, self-employment status for taxes.
Meetings with clients to assess their current financial situation and needs. Developed plan to improve financial status.

Learned computer skills, financial planning certifications.

Little contact with upper management.

Co-workers consisted of 3 other representatives who shared office -- some consulting with them for best plan for clients.

Hardest part of job, living on straight commission with no savings to fall back on.

Most enjoyable part of job was ability to meet needs of clients and to develop friendships with them.
In bound call center
Advanced Customer Service Rep-Annuites (Former Employee), Appleton, WUFebruary 26, 2015
Worked with great co-workers. Management in my department was inadequate in my mind. Hardest part of the job is all the metrics you need to meet to be promoted.
Professional environment with supportive leaders.
Field Support Associate (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, compensation
Cons: temporary position, repetitive work
In my position I would make outbound calls each day to hundreds of Thrivent's members and clients with various objectives such as setting appointments for product reviews and invitations to educational workshops. I learned about developing personal brand image and professional written and verbal communication. I also sharpened my record keeping with MS Excel, Word and Access. My coworkers came from – more... a wide range of backgrounds, but had one thing in common, being that they were friendly, outgoing and people oriented. The hardest part of the job was learning to let negative feedback from customers roll off my back. Often customers would be upset with representatives at their local field office and would take their frustration out on the callers who contacted them on the behalf of their local representative. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the customer a positive experience; taking an outbound call and making it into something the customer was glad to have received. – less
Its great place to work
Salesforce Developer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Its great place to work.I love the company,Every one is friendly.I liked Free lunches and short breaks.I enjoyed working.
Faith Based Organization
Associate Representative (Former Employee), MinneapolisFebruary 20, 2015
This organization has a great mission, vision, and values. Good opportunity to learn and acquire experiences. My experience has been that I am given freedom to take risks and be bold in my work.
Food industry.
Financial Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Alchemy creates a great software to help the food industry.
Student Leader
Money Revolution Intern (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 6, 2015
I was a student leader as part of a program put on by Thrivent Financial called Money Revolution. I would host events on my college campus to educate students about financial independence and management. Every Summer Thrivent would fly me out to their headquarters in Minnesota to meet with my bosses who were located at corporate, learn from some of the executives and participate in a leadership retreat at their corporate resort.
Coworkers are fun and enjoyable to work with
Office Professional (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: days can feel long
Thrivent Financial is a good organization to work for because they have knowledgeable staff about insurance and money management plans. Sometimes the days can be long because of the tasks that need to be completed for all of the clients. It would be helpful to have background knowledge of the industry.
Great company with high values
Community Engagement Leader (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILNovember 30, 2014
Thrivent Financial is an excellent company. They treat their employees well and taking care of their 2.5 million members is a top priority. The company is a not for profit and gives millions of dollars back to local communities and the world, being one of the biggest contributors to Habitat for Humanity. Living generously and serving are part of the company motto and culture. It is a very competitive industry and the pressure is often high while always looking for the best in people. I enjoyed working their and the team I served with immensely.
Great Organization, Great Culture, Great Products
Financial Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rogers, ARNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: financial draw limited. needed more time to build a book during tough financial times.
I would recommend Thrivent to anyone wanting to make investments. As an employee thought they did a good job of providing continuing education. They truly believe you must do what's right for the client.
Good company, great PTO
Financial Advice Representative (Former Employee), Appleton, WIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: low job security
They have a good work life balance expectation, they provide nice perks for employees such as employee appreciation events.
good
ETL Developer (Former Employee), mineapolisOctober 3, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun workplace
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Mankato, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Enjoy working one on one with your clients to fully meet there financial needs.
Headquarters