Thrivent Financial Employee Reviews

Best company to work for, but very stressful and difficult at times
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 20, 2017
Had a blast during training, then once you are on your own it becomes very difficult. The company itself is amazing, but the management can be hard to get along with at times.
Excellent WOrkplace
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 14, 2017
Excellent place to work and be part of a culture that believes in doing the right thing and that ethics are more important than what goes in your wallet.
The worst
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 10, 2017
This company should be outlawed. They are a pump and dump everyone into expensive variable annuities. No market training at all. You pay them for everything. They want you to beg, borrow, steal from your friends and family into variable annuities and life insurance.
Pros
The worst
Cons
Horrible
Connecting Faith and Finances
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 8, 2017
Awesome opportunity to help people learn to be wise with money. Great products and services. I would strongly recommend trying Thrivent as a customer / member. Benefits align with a Christian worldview.
Pros
Prayer is common in meetings, member first mentality, doing what's in the member's best interest is the priority, Mutual Funds win awards all the time, systems are getting better, workshops help to educate, Churches Love Thrivent
Cons
systems need work (but getting better), training, pay, access to all products limited, commission splits seem heavily weighted to the veterans, almost 100% commission so service work is not rewarded
Great Work/Life Balance
Associate Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 2, 2017
Thrivent as a company is awesome to work for, their benefits are amazing, and if you have health problems, or someone in your family, they will work with you. That being said, it is incredibly stressful depending on your department. If you are on the phones, you do have several people listening to your calls for Quality Assurance, and you are graded. Advancement is not easy. and you have to be very sure of what you do. You are working with a lot of money on a daily basis. Management is pretty typical with any other workplace, you have your good ones and your bad ones.
Good workplace
Member Contact Support (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 1, 2017
Working at at Thrivent was a happy, healthy environment. Admittedly, I, along with my coworkers, felt like burdens, calling members who were unaware of our company, or did not want to speak to us. Either way, someone has to make those phone calls, right?
Generosity based Financial Institute
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2017
Thrivent is a wonderful organization that truly cares for each of their clients and makes sure to provide the best possible contracts, insurance policies, and retirement plans for all of their members and their families.
Productive less stressful call center
Associate Customer Care Prof Insurance UNL (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 22, 2017
Answer phones from members and provide them either quotes on loans/partial surrender. Advised them on what they have as far as life insurance and get them to a financial representative if they need to make any huge changes. Took payments, researched anything the customer wanted researched.

I learned about life insurance and all the different kinds of insurance and that life insurance is very important to have in your life.

Management on my end did not turn out to be good unfortunately. I didn't have an understanding supervisor.

Hardest part of the job was trying to maintain my daycare and home life with the job having a 2 year old.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the members. I was able to talk with them and build rapport with them. I loved my members and I would get to the point of understanding with them so I could get to the root of any issue and make sure that their call was a one time call.
Pros
Christian facility, Vto, Benefits, Co-workers are amazing.
Cons
Upper employment was not living the Thrivent Way or using it at work towards the employee's.
Good experience
SAP Business Objects Developer / BI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2017
Good experience, I would have stayed longer if they had work for me. It was a little difficult to get things done as security is very tightly controlled and has to be set up for every project.
A good place to work for the right person
Field Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 15, 2017
Field Support Associates act in a supportive role by contacting members on behalf of financial representatives. In order to be successful in the job you have to be pleasant, have good customer service and be professional. Co-workers are all very good and supportive each other.
Good Company, But You'll Stall
Manager, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 13, 2017
Thrivent is a good company, howeever they will let people sit in the same job for literally years. It takes a lot of personal motivation to move around, and up.
Good Internship
Insurance Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 12, 2017
I greatly improved my networking skills during my time in this role.

In addition, my mentor and I are still great friends and I still use her as a reference when applying to new jobs.

The religious environment, however, is not for me. I also like working for for-profit companies as opposed to the contrary.
Welcoming team members in a productive work environment
Sr Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 30, 2017
Great company, great people. Generally open to changes and very welcoming. Management has also been very visible in efforts to support staff. Leaders are not micro managers and allow staff to be responsible and accountable for their own tasks.
Relaxed Environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 15, 2017
Typical Day At Work: running various retirement planning scenarios.

What I learned: best methods for setting up a dependable and substantial "nest egg".

Management: I like my manager and my boss, but the higher ups not so much. Perhaps there is some bias due to the higher ups having to break bad news about the department of labor ruling.

Workplace culture: relaxed, sometimes there can be distractions with coworkers getting too talkative due to the relaxed environment.

Hardest part of the job: sales.

Most enjoyable part of the job: retirement scenarios and portfolio building.
Pros
Free snacks, relaxed environment
Cons
benefits packages
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 14, 2017
Job can be very stressful and although the described culture is to coach and allow you to grow I found I was not given the type of of coaching to advance that I requested. I felt as though I was being held at my current position for no reason.
Pros
Supportive culture for family life and opportunities to volunteer within the community
Cons
No supposrt when requested for areas of struggle.
Awesome workplace!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 12, 2017
Great work/life balance, wonderful people and company culture! I would love to work for Thrivent again in the future and I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who is interested.
Pros
Generosity programs.
Cons
Future opportunities and job security.
Not christian
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 11, 2017
They appear to be *Christian* but allow age discrimination on several levels. Not Christian to their employees. But back is still bleeding from the stab wounds.
Great company to work for
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAMay 9, 2017
Spend most of the time working with clients to help them achieve their goals and address their financial concerns.
Company cares about the communities they are in and focus on generosity.
Hardest part of the job is the late hours and being away from family.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help clients solve problems and achieve their goals.
Perfect for Driven Sales People
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  MNMay 1, 2017
They give you the opportunity to make a huge impact on the lives of those in your community. Excellent managers, mentorship, and training. Is solely commission pay so you must be a driven sales person.
Pros
Work/life balance, Pay potential
Cons
Tough market to make it in
Admin experience
Executive Administrative Assistant, Communications (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 25, 2017
It was a good chance to learn a lot about the company.

It was difficult some days to support my boss because he had not used an an admin before.

I quickly outgrew the role and advancement was not an option.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No place for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thrivent Financial. Our community is ready to answer.